Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Can you continue to pay psl just not renew tickets

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by E4orBust View Post
    no. sorry. we could have this discussion all day. actually we've had it for 3 years.

bottom line, who wants my PSLs and what would you pay?
    First off, I'm sorry if I my 'epiphany' comment came across as crass. I know you're in a tough spot right now and I'm not trying to make you feel any worse.

The answer to your current situation is this: stick with your PSL's for one more season. Sell every game day ticket on StubHub and get as much money as you can, and in the season like this with a very favorable schedule you will at least break even if not make a few bucks in the process.

Next season, Rex Ryan and Mark Sanchez will probably be gone, there will be a feeling of a fresh start and optimism again, and your PSL's will be worth more money. This is probably the worst possible season to sell your PSL's with all the negativity. Sell all the tickets, make a few bucks, make the PSL decision next season.

You've got enough friends here, myself included, who will throw you a couple of games at a low price so you'll still be able to go to a few games.

SAR I

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Traitor Jay & the Woodies View Post
    LL is out because I'm not standing all game. And after 27 years of sitting in the end zone, I'm not interested in that view anymore. UD is too high.
    You sound like me. I'm not sure if you've ever sat in the Mezz A corners, but if you're interested in buying PSL's on the cheap definitely consider 232 or one of the other A's at a discounted price. The view is semi-sideline, the elevation is great, and the amenities and easy egress can't be beat.

SAR I

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    Thats why the Mezz Clubs are so over priced at face value. It is nothing more than a nice lounge area with food behind your seats, plus you still have to pay for everything you eat and drink. The only benefit to the Mezz Clubs is if the weather sucks, you have a place to escape the elements.
    ....yeah, but you can't see the field so you wind up paying a lot of money to stand around and watch TV.

SAR I

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    only problem with that is i want to chose which games i go to. the above strategy leaves me with the 3 primetime games. no thanks.
    Then you should not have tickets. Only way to make season tickets worth when you only go to 2-3 games a year is to sell big games.

ten game season, usually the preseason and last three games suck for resale.

You only have the first five games that have resale value. Also every year you need to sell all games you cant make by Halloween.

I always figure who I am going to games with by opening day and list all the rest right away. Worst case is a game sells I later may want to attend. But last minute I can get that seat $100 less.

Also visiting good travel teams where people need to buy airfare hotels sell like 4-8 weeks ahead of time. Last minute you only have broke dick jet fans buying.

I am thinking this year putting every game I am not attending up on day one at $499 declining price to $9.99 and let free market capitalism decide the price.

My only decision this year is to keep or dump my pair of $50 seats. They were my back up plan in case I wanted to sell a big game and still go

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    ....yeah, but you can't see the field so you wind up paying a lot of money to stand around and watch TV.

SAR I
    Correct. It just keeps you from getting a wet a$$. You are essentially paying $255 per ticket to watch a game in a sports bar.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Best PSLs Deals by secton today

From seasonticketrights - price is for all seats,

2 Mezzanine End Zone B 224b 8 1 - 2 Aisle All $1,750

2 Mezzanine End Zone A 246 8 1 - 2 Aisle All $2,750

2 Lower Level End Zone 103 44 13 - 14 All $3,500

2 Touchdown Club Corner 244 2 16 - 17 All $4,300

2 Lower Level End Zone Corner 146 24 25 - 26 Aisle All $5,895

2 Touchdown Club Goal Line 242 11 5 - 6 All $8,500

2 Lower Level Touchdown Corner 118 16 11 - 12 All $8,999

2 Lower Level Goal Line 143 10 7 - 8 All $14,000

2 Lower Level Sideline 142 30 1 - 2 Aisle All $15,000

4 Lower Level Sideline Select 111a 15 1 - 4 Aisle All $52,000

4 West Great Hall Club 139 18 17 - 20 All $40,000

2 Coaches Club 111c 13 1 - 2 All $14,000

5 Touchdown Club Sideline 240 3 13 - 17 All $22,899

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    You sound like me. I'm not sure if you've ever sat in the Mezz A corners, but if you're interested in buying PSL's on the cheap definitely consider 232 or one of the other A's at a discounted price. The view is semi-sideline, the elevation is great, and the amenities and easy egress can't be beat.

SAR I
    I've sat in the Mezz A corners a few times. Basically caddy-corner to your seats - a section over from the endzone clubs. Third row.

It's not for me. I felt the action was still too far away. Fine for a game a season, but not something I want to get married to...

If the Jets were to include a club meal credit to the $255 ticket price in the touchdown club, I'd be more inclined to pull the trigger. It's one thing to hijack all the good views and offer included amenities (like other franchises do), but the Jets don't even do that...

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Alkrotraz View Post
    From seasonticketrights - price is for all seats,

2 Mezzanine End Zone B 224b 8 1 - 2 Aisle All $1,750

2 Mezzanine End Zone A 246 8 1 - 2 Aisle All $2,750

2 Lower Level End Zone 103 44 13 - 14 All $3,500

2 Touchdown Club Corner 244 2 16 - 17 All $4,300

2 Lower Level End Zone Corner 146 24 25 - 26 Aisle All $5,895

2 Touchdown Club Goal Line 242 11 5 - 6 All $8,500

2 Lower Level Touchdown Corner 118 16 11 - 12 All $8,999

2 Lower Level Goal Line 143 10 7 - 8 All $14,000

2 Lower Level Sideline 142 30 1 - 2 Aisle All $15,000

4 Lower Level Sideline Select 111a 15 1 - 4 Aisle All $52,000

4 West Great Hall Club 139 18 17 - 20 All $40,000

2 Coaches Club 111c 13 1 - 2 All $14,000

5 Touchdown Club Sideline 240 3 13 - 17 All $22,899
    Coaches Club PSLs for $7k each, It would be hard to give away those PSLs with a face of $700.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    I've sat in the Mezz A corners a few times. Basically caddy-corner to your seats - a section over from the endzone clubs. Third row.

It's not for me. I felt the action was still too far away. Fine for a game a season, but not something I want to get married to...

If the Jets were to include a club meal credit to the $255 ticket price in the touchdown club, I'd be more inclined to pull the trigger. It's one thing to hijack all the good views and offer included amenities (like other franchises do), but the Jets don't even do that...
    I think the four club corners closest to club goal line in the secondary psl mkt is an ok deal. At that price you can just look at psl cost of like 5k for the pair as lost money. You do get the atmosphere.

Judging from resale in secondary I agree ticket price is more important than PSL cost. I see a fair amount of discounted LLEZ corners at $120 a ticket, LGL at $130 a ticket, LSL at $145 a ticket and some club corners closer to Club goal line selling. But sticky point is no one wants to eat expensive tickets all the time.

LGL visitors side on the aisle ten yard line or LSL visitors side aisle on the 25 yard are the best "cheap tickets' in the house.

As dcat states again and again about 135 a $145 face and games that sell at $300 is a sweet thing.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Alkrotraz View Post
    I think the four club corners closest to club goal line in the secondary psl mkt is an ok deal. At that price you can just look at psl cost of like 5k for the pair as lost money. You do get the atmosphere.

Judging from resale in secondary I agree ticket price is more important than PSL cost. I see a fair amount of discounted LLEZ corners at $120 a ticket, LGL at $130 a ticket, LSL at $145 a ticket and some club corners closer to Club goal line selling. But sticky point is no one wants to eat expensive tickets all the time.

LGL visitors side on the aisle ten yard line or LSL visitors side aisle on the 25 yard are the best "cheap tickets' in the house.

As dcat states again and again about 135 a $145 face and games that sell at $300 is a sweet thing.
    I think the ticket prices for the non-PSLs have been adequately adjusted by the Jets (with the exception of the highest portions of the UD, which still has room to fall.)

I think the fact that Club PSL secondary market values have completely cratered is all the proof you need to see that the Club ticket prices are not justified. Let's see if the Jets take steps to correct this. A drop in ticket price will strengthen club PSL values.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Section 129, row 29. I've only clicked on the links that Alkotraz posts, and searched a couple of other random secondary PSL re-sale sites. obviously it's the worst time to sell, but it seems like similar seats are readily available at half face, which i take to mean that i'd be lucky to get quarter of face. if that's the case, it might be easier to just call the Jets and tell them they're all theirs, and walk away. My plan is to wait till the seaston ticket invoice comes, then offer the season out to some friends (and be declined), then look to the secondary sites and possibly walk depending on what i see there. Due to having a baby, moving to Long Island, regular tailgate crew diminishing greatly (biggest negative for me), i only went to 3 games last year. i lost about $1,000 on re-selling the other 7 games (2 seats). so i can continue to do that in the hopes that ends in a few years, or just sell/dump them now and go stubhub for those 3 games and not deal with any hassle.
    Are your seats on the aisle? The best place to look at resales is ebay. Not only check what PSL listings are currently available but also look at completed listings. I will throw a couple links here but you may want to look at it yourself as well.

Section 148 Row 17 seats 1 and 2. Had 1 bid for $3k
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/NY-Jets-Seas...item20cf30a747

Section 148 Row 38 sold for less than $1,947 (won't show me the buy it now offer)
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/2-TIX-New-Yo...item2a202ab96b

Section 124 Row 26 sold for $2,200
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/2-New-York-J...item43b65ab6b3

Section 204 row 12 Sold for under $2,450 (won't show me the best offer)
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-YORK-JET...item3f201ed4f2

Section 124 row 26 sold for $2,000
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/2-New-York-J...item43b65ab281

Section 226 row 12 4 seats sold for $1,825
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/4-NY-Jet-psl...item4d0744c490

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    This may be more helpful sold (left unsold listings out) listings from highest price on down. Highest price was $2,200.

http://www.ebay.com/csc/i.html?_sop=...H_Sold=1&rt=nc

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think the ticket prices for the non-PSLs have been adequately adjusted by the Jets (with the exception of the highest portions of the UD, which still has room to fall.)

I think the fact that Club PSL secondary market values have completely cratered is all the proof you need to see that the Club ticket prices are not justified. Let's see if the Jets take steps to correct this. A drop in ticket price will strengthen club PSL values.
    The entire UD should be slashed by at least $20 a ticket. Re-sale values are terrible up there.

I like my seats so I will most likely renew next year but besides the upper prime rows 1-4 between the 30s at $125 and the sideline between the 20s at $105 up to row 15 the rest of the place still could use a reduction.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    One of the greatest scams perpetrated by pro sports teams, among many.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jets337 View Post
    The entire UD should be slashed by at least $20 a ticket. Re-sale values are terrible up there.

I like my seats so I will most likely renew next year but besides the upper prime rows 1-4 between the 30s at $125 and the sideline between the 20s at $105 up to row 15 the rest of the place still could use a reduction.
    I have a pair on the aisle in the $50 buck seats right next to the $75 dollar seats. They are the $50 seats closest to $50, I ended up not using them and sold them at a slight loss. No biggie, but really the very very best $50 dollar seats cant even sell at a mark up. So those seats for most part should be $40 a ticket.

I am only renewing in UD if I get row one UD prime between the 20s otherwise I will just keep my PSL seats

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Remember that the source of "cheap StubHub tickets" are PSL owners themselves.

As such, there isn't an infinite amount of these available. For fun, let's say that doomsday strikes and 80% of all PSL owners deliberately default on their PSL's thinking that they can go StubHub. Well, guess what, they can't. Because then the Jets will re-own and control 80% of the PSL seats in the stadium and they're not selling them on StubHub for ridiculous prices.

Never forget, StubHub is code for "a resale outlet for PSL holders who can't make a game or two". The more PSL owners who start bailing, the fewer StubHub seats are available for the masses.

People like Petejet and others who call PSL owners "sheep" should thank their lucky stars that we're out there, should be pushing PSL owners to keep their seats, not dump them. If the Jets wind up re-owning a significant amount of $150 PSL seats, they ain't going to appear on StubHub for $75. The bargain days end when PSL holders stop holding PSL's as we are the inventory for StubHub, not the Jets.

SAR I

The jets can set any price they want for tickets for individual games, but it doesn't mean they'll get it. stubhub has become the effective ticket stock exchange, where buyers and sellers match supply and demand to set the prices. if the jets were to take control of a majority of the available inventory, this marketplace would evaporate and we'd be where we were pre-internet. if 80% of the tickets were available, and the jets jacked up prices to a much higher percentage of face than would otherwise be available at SH, the jets are gambling that people will pay the higher prices. the burden shifts to aggressive marketing to not only sell psls that have been forfeited but to sell tickets to individual games at considerably higher prices than would otherwise be available at SH. all this, before we consider the lack of overall talent, lack of sellable stars and impending major changes at HC and QB after the season.

i do agree that STHs are very important b/c w/o them, the onus to sell shifts to the jets, and the marketplace is more easily accessed and agreeable on SH.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    With Stub Hub making tickets so readily available, it takes the burden off of non-psl holders to just cherry pick their games. I bet a lot of UD'ers will drop their tickets and just do that. We even see people on this board who can sell their psl seats for a profit and then go to the games they want. The Jets are risking that the UD becomes more and more empty unless they do something. I bet they do one (or more) of the following:
    1) lower ticket prices in the UD again
    2) Tarp off some areas in the endzone
    3) start making primes and sidelines below row 15 into psl's.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    Coaches Club PSLs for $7k each, It would be hard to give away those PSLs with a face of $700.
    So this guy is willing to eat $100,000 in psls for $14,000 all to get away from 20 tickets for $14,000?a year. Where's the idiot earlier in the thread who is going to come to this guys rescue and tell him to give his psls back to the club ?

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DUNCCFP View Post
    So this guy is willing to eat $100,000 in psls for $14,000 all to get away from 20 tickets for $14,000?a year. Where's the idiot earlier in the thread who is going to come to this guys rescue and tell him to give his psls back to the club ?
    One can only assume that this and others like it are being written off as a part of a business expense.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DUNCCFP View Post
    He isnt eating $100k, he only has two seats. He is eating $36k.