Thread: Packers to Release Woodson

Jets Insider VIP

Packers to Release Woodson

Sorry for no link, go to espn.com

Revis' trade value may just plummeted if some team thinks he can still be an elite corner. Yes, I realize he played safety last year, but you never know. Easier to improve your secondary this way than to trade the farm may be someone idea
    Last edited by JetPotato; 02-15-2013 at 03:26 PM.

All League
    Woodson was terrible last year, thats why he was released. Comparing Revis to him, is like comparing Lebron with Tayshaun Prince.

Quote Originally Posted by JetPotato View Post
    Sorry for no link, go to espn.com

Revis' trade value may just plummeted if some team thinks he can still be an elite corner. Yes, I realize he played safety last year, but you never know. Easier to improve your secondary this way than to trade the farm may be someone idea
    A) He no longer has the speed to play corner which is why he moved to safety a few years ago.

B) Even if here were to go back to corner he would be nowhere near elite.

C) This will have zero impact on Revis.

D) Could be a cheap option for a team looking for a stopgap free safety...sound like anybody you know?

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Woody56 View Post
    Woodson was terrible last year, thats why he was released. Comparing Revis to him, is like comparing Lebron with Tayshaun Prince.
    I'm not comparing him to Revis as a player.

But, if I'm a team that believes that all it needs is secondary help in the short term to win, I'd be much more willing to give Woodson a one year deal than trade a bunch for Revis and give him a huge long term extension.

Check out the Tampa boards. They're already calling for this over there. Sure other teams will too. This certainly could take one team out of the bidding for Revis, which means the Jets get less in return.

Woodson is done at corner.

But, if I'm a team that believes that all it needs is secondary help in the short term to win, I'd be much more willing to give Woodson a one year deal than trade a bunch for Revis and give him a huge long term extension.

Check out the Tampa boards. They're already calling for this over there. Sure other teams will too. This certainly could take one team out of the bidding for Revis, which means the Jets get less in return.
    Fans are idiots. They should be ignored whenever possible.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by NYJ37/12 View Post
    Woodson is done at corner.
    He is done as a player as he can not stay healthy anymore...

GREAT player in his heyday though, really enjoyed watching him play...

If Aso or Champ Bailey is cut for cap savings those would be the only players that would affect Revis's potential landing spot.

The market for Revis will be established after the draft, when he can work out full speed, and the teams that did not sign a FA CB or get one in the 1st 2 rounds of the draft will come calling.

sign this beast!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    If Aso or Champ Bailey is cut for cap savings those would be the only players that would affect Revis's potential landing spot.
    Perhaps minorly but then any team that would settle for those two was never serious about Revis in the 1st place. Champ got owned badly in the playoffs and was one of the major reasons Denver lost. Aso has been a disappointment since he got to Philly.

Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    Perhaps minorly but then any team that would settle for those two was never serious about Revis in the 1st place. Champ got owned badly in the playoffs and was one of the major reasons Denver lost. Aso has been a disappointment since he got to Philly.
    yeah he had a bad game, but he had a very good season. ASO is not a fit in philly.

Serious about signing Revis or serious about trading for him? Count me in the column where I dont see a lot of Demand for Revis prior to him being a FA

Woodson is no longer a CB, but he is a solid FS. He could do wonders here if we had the money. A team like Miami could greatly benefit from his services.

Sign him for FS for cheap. If not, move on...don't waste time