Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Can you continue to pay psl just not renew tickets

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like

Can you continue to pay psl just not renew tickets

Million dollar question ..with all the stories of people defaulting on PSL payments can you still pay off your psl obligation but just decline to purchase tickets going forward???

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Would be no point, that's the point of the PSL.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bossman725 View Post
    Million dollar question ..with all the stories of people defaulting on PSL payments can you still pay off your psl obligation but just decline to purchase tickets going forward???
    No.

Next question.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    I wonder this myself. It's an option I'm considering. If I'm only going to get a few hundred bucks for my PSLs, it may be easier to just walk away and avoid the paperwork.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    my understanding is, once you pay off your PSLs and you DO NOT purchase the tickets, you lose your PSLs. If you don`t want to be a sth anymore, pay off the psl and just walk away. You are under no obligation to buy tickets once the PSL obligation is paid in full.

Correct me if I`m wrong anyone because I`m not 100% sure on how the PSL crap goes. That was another reason I didn`t buy any seats that had a PSL on it.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by The Band View Post
    my understanding is, once you pay off your PSLs and you DO NOT purchase the tickets, you lose your PSLs. If you don`t want to be a sth anymore, pay off the psl and just walk away. You are under no obligation to buy tickets once the PSL obligation is paid in full.

Correct me if I`m wrong anyone because I`m not 100% sure on how the PSL crap goes. That was another reason I didn`t buy any seats that had a PSL on it.
    You're wrong. If you own a psl you are contractually obilged to buy the ticket(s) each year for what Woody wants to sell them to you for. To get out of the obligation, you have to sell your psl. Technically, if you default, you can be sued by the jets for the tickets or remaining psl balances, but to date the Jets have not pursued anybody.
    Last edited by DUNCCFP; 02-11-2013 at 04:46 PM.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Post Thanks / Like
    Sad that it has come to this.

-

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DUNCCFP View Post
    You're wrong. If you own a psl you are contractually obilged to buy the ticket(s) each year for what Woody wants to sell them to you for. To get out of the obligation, you have to sell your psl. Technically, if you default, you can be sued by the jets for the tickets or remaining psl balances, but to date the Jets have not pursued anybody.
    if i walk away from my PSL, i will call the jets and say "it's fully paid. take it, it's yours. sell it for whatever you can"... i don't think they are coming after me for 26 years of future season ticket invoices.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    i stand corrected -

(a) Licensee (i) shall have the right and the obligation to purchase admission tickets for the Seats for all pre-season and regular season home games of the Jets scheduled to be played at the Stadium and

next order of business, find someone to take them off my hands cheap.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    Sad that it has come to this.
    What, 1 person on a message board?

There is no story here. There is no critical mass of fans giving up their PSL's as they're in it for the long haul.

SAR I

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Post Thanks / Like
    idgiots.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post

There is no story here. There is no critical mass of fans giving up their PSL's as they're in it for the long haul.

SAR I
    Here we go!!!

BTW, didn't Woody already announce the ticket prices by this time last year?
    I wonder what is causing the hold up?

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    Gave up season tickets after 2007, best thing I ever did. now I just buy them week by week and my god are they cheap now that the Jets teh suck.

I will admit it was pretty embarrassing to see how many 49er fans were at the game back in late September.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    From what I understand

1. If you paid in full you can drop. If you don't pay your season tickets the psl goes back to the Jets. They cannot force you to purchase the tickets since you gave a paid in full psl back. You have to purchase every season in order to keep it so if you dont pay your 2013 invoice you can't get your psl back in 2014

2. If you still have a balance on your psl you owe that to the Jets that psl balance. If the Jets come after you no one knows

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like

SAR I
    Not yet, this is just the first crack in the dam.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    so you want to hold on to your PSLs but only pay for tickets during playoff years? sounds like a solid business plan to me.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like

SAR I
    Meh - nice spin, but not really true. There will always be a select few - in any market - that want to get rid of their season tix. Even a handful of Packers tickets change hands every year. That's not what we're talking about here. There are people who think its better to walk away from a FULLY PAID PSL rather than go through the steps to sell. That's pretty damning stuff. Of course, this is just idle message board chatter, but if the re-sale market was at all robust (or even remotely palatable) this conversation wouldn't be happening.

Yes, we know that you have great seats, but they only build a finite # of first row tickets. Your run of the mill endzone seats (Lowers or Mezz) simply do not any demand associated with them.

Quote Originally Posted by E4orBust View Post
    i stand corrected -

(a) Licensee (i) shall have the right and the obligation to purchase admission tickets for the Seats for all pre-season and regular season home games of the Jets scheduled to be played at the Stadium and

next order of business, find someone to take them off my hands cheap.
    Just curious, where are your seats and have you checked what the secondary market is like for them?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by petejet View Post
    Not yet, this is just the first crack in the dam.
    newsflash: PSL's or not, there are always people looking to shed season tickets. Since the beginning of time. But I have no doubt that the haters here, like yourself, will make every effort, no matter how feeble, to exaggerate, distort and generally make an ass of themselves on this issue. As they have done here since before the first shovel broke ground. You are so utterly predictable.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Timmy® View Post
    so you want to hold on to your PSLs but only pay for tickets during playoff years? sounds like a solid business plan to me.
    I'm assuming - as E4 was suggesting - that he wants to simply walk away from his PSLs.

But, maybe I'm wrong. Maybe he thinks this is a country club and he can put his membership on hold for a year or two.

Perhaps these folks who want to walk away from their PSLs should go to a game, start a fight, piss on SAR's car, and otherwise act like a hooligan so the Jets can revoke their PSLs. They can even put up token resistence and then do it again. Piss on SARs car, that is.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dcat View Post
    newsflash: PSL's or not, there are always people looking to shed season tickets. Since the beginning of time. But I have no doubt that the haters here, like yourself, will make every effort, no matter how feeble, to exaggerate, distort and generally make an ass of themselves on this issue. As they have done here since before the first shovel broke ground. You are so utterly predictable.
    As are sheep like you.