Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Can you continue to pay psl just not renew tickets

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Do it.

That's what a free market system encourages. There will always be 1-2% of PSL owners who run into hard times or relocate. Depending on the state of the team, prices will be below original value or above.

It's a buyers market. If you see something you like, take advantage. If the 3 remaining seats in my row opened up, I'd grab them all in a heartbeat.

SAR I
    If the price per ticket in the Club Goal Line sections were $155 and not $255, I would. That extra 1k per year, per seat really dampens my enthusiasm.

All Pro
    Stub Hub has made Jet PSL's virtually worthless, same for other teams season tickets in this town. Yanks are trying to take out the seconary market by banning Stub Hub. Stub Hub and Tickets Now are the best way to get your tickets in this buyers market.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by 2009fatman View Post
    Stub Hub has made Jet PSL's virtually worthless, same for other teams season tickets in this town. Yanks are trying to take out the seconary market by banning Stub Hub. Stub Hub and Tickets Now are the best way to get your tickets in this buyers market.
    That's a crock.

MLB depends on walk-up ticket sales for a significant piece of its revenue stream. The NFL does not.

So when Yankee season ticket holders dump tickets for a few of the 81 games they can't attend, it hurts the Yankees walk-up window ticket sales. You can get a Club seat in advance for the cost of a bleacher seat you have to wait in line for.

When Jets fans re-sell tickets it doesn't affect the Jets because there are no walk up tickets in significant numbers. It's not a revenue stream the Jets care about over 10 measley games, most of which are sold out except for Club seats.

StubHub is a win for the Jets because it fills the stadium with fans who pay for parking, buy concessions, eat food, and hope to be season ticket holders in the future. It also helps PSL owners feel comfortable because they have an outlet to sell single games for family conflicts, vacations, etc.

SAR I

Jets Insider VIP
    Another thread for the has and has nots... Only Nike has the $$$ to take a PSL hit.

Quote Originally Posted by Traitor Jay & the Woodies View Post
    I'll tell you what. I just was checking out the secondary market, and even *I* am tempted to pull the trigger on a few of them. Some very decent deals to be had out there.
    Do the math and consider next year before you pull the trigger. If you want to go to every game including the 2 preseason games - go for it. If you don't want to go to the 2 preseason games and want to go to 4 to 5 1 PM starts and forgo the 8:30 starts that get you home at 2 in the morning - hold off. You will be able to score the seats you are eyeballing on SH for under face next year. Those prices are tempting but call me crazy, I think the PSL resale prices for the Jets will tank further and you will get an even better deal next year or the year after.

Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    Meh - nice spin, but not really true. There will always be a select few - in any market - that want to get rid of their season tix. Even a handful of Packers tickets change hands every year. That's not what we're talking about here. There are people who think its better to walk away from a FULLY PAID PSL rather than go through the steps to sell. That's pretty damning stuff. Of course, this is just idle message board chatter, but if the re-sale market was at all robust (or even remotely palatable) this conversation wouldn't be happening.

Yes, we know that you have great seats, but they only build a finite # of first row tickets. Your run of the mill endzone seats (Lowers or Mezz) simply do not any demand associated with them.

Just curious, where are your seats and have you checked what the secondary market is like for them?
    Section 129, row 29. I've only clicked on the links that Alkotraz posts, and searched a couple of other random secondary PSL re-sale sites. obviously it's the worst time to sell, but it seems like similar seats are readily available at half face, which i take to mean that i'd be lucky to get quarter of face. if that's the case, it might be easier to just call the Jets and tell them they're all theirs, and walk away. My plan is to wait till the seaston ticket invoice comes, then offer the season out to some friends (and be declined), then look to the secondary sites and possibly walk depending on what i see there. Due to having a baby, moving to Long Island, regular tailgate crew diminishing greatly (biggest negative for me), i only went to 3 games last year. i lost about $1,000 on re-selling the other 7 games (2 seats). so i can continue to do that in the hopes that ends in a few years, or just sell/dump them now and go stubhub for those 3 games and not deal with any hassle.
    Last edited by E4orBust; 02-13-2013 at 08:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    i wont do anything sar says. if you remember he bashed blue collar workers and firemen. i have nothing to prove to him or you. if you dont believe me so be it. move on and end this discussion with me. thanks
    We don't believe you. Period. End of discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by Flushing Roots View Post
    Here we go!!!

BTW, didn't Woody already announce the ticket prices by this time last year?
    I wonder what is causing the hold up?
    There is no announcement as ticket prices are same as last year including the $50 tickets.

Jets have pricing scheme up there and a new season ticket holder can buy tickets. We just have not got our invoices yet.

Quote Originally Posted by E4orBust View Post
    Section 129, row 129. I've only clicked on the links that Alkotraz posts, and searched a couple of other random secondary PSL re-sale sites. obviously it's the worst time to sell, but it seems like similar seats are readily available at half face, which i take to mean that i'd be lucky to get quarter of face. if that's the case, it might be easier to just call the Jets and tell them they're all theirs, and walk away. My plan is to wait till the seaston ticket invoice comes, then offer the season out to some friends (and be declined), then look to the secondary sites and possibly walk depending on what i see there. Due to having a baby, moving to Long Island, regular tailgate crew diminishing greatly (biggest negative for me), i only went to 3 games last year. i lost about $1,000 on re-selling the other 7 games (2 seats). so i can continue to do that in the hopes that ends in a few years, or just sell/dump them now and go stubhub for those 3 games and not deal with any hassle.

I would buy them. And put all 8 regular season games immediately on line at $300 each declining down to $1 and when five games sells, pull last three and go to those games only.

PSL source has mez A at 1K a seat. Ouch. Section 227a row seven was a good pair at 8k, now priced at 2k, 75% off sale

$1,000 2 227A 7

That's a crock.

When Jets fans re-sell tickets it doesn't affect the Jets because there are no walk up tickets in significant numbers. It's not a revenue stream the Jets care about over 10 measley games, most of which are sold out except for Club seats.

SAR I
    Correct, it doesn't affect the Jets for that season. But it most definitely affects the Jets in the following seasons. if the market bares 50% of face, for example, on the secondary/Stubhub market in Year 1, fans will be tempted to walk in Year 2. those with large PSLs will be less inclined to leave. those with small PSLs, like myself, will be more inclined to take a small loss and move on. and those with no PSLs, in the uppers, will walk, as we've seen.
    Last edited by E4orBust; 02-13-2013 at 08:54 AM.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Do the math and consider next year before you pull the trigger. If you want to go to every game including the 2 preseason games - go for it. If you don't want to go to the 2 preseason games and want to go to 4 to 5 1 PM starts and forgo the 8:30 starts that get you home at 2 in the morning - hold off. You will be able to score the seats you are eyeballing on SH for under face next year. Those prices are tempting but call me crazy, I think the PSL resale prices for the Jets will tank further and you will get an even better deal next year or the year after.
    The other way to look at it:

The 2013 season is a banner year for visiting teams:

Pittsburgh
    Oakland
    New Orleans
    Miami
    New England

The seats that he is considering should be worth 2x or more for those games. If he buys the PSL's at a discount, sells the entire season on StubHub, he should do very well, make enough incremental to help pay down that PSL markedly, then start attending games in 2014.

The math on my seats, so we can see a percentage is this (face value for 4 seats is $500):

Pittsburgh: $1500
    Oakland: $1000
    New Orleans: $800
    Miami: $1000
    New England: $1000
    Buffalo: $500
    Cleveland: $500
    Tampa Bay: $600

Total spent: $4,000
    Total intake: $6,900

Preseason loss: (-$500)

Net income; +$2,400

A plus of $2,400 on a spend of $5,000 is an increase of 48%, so if he applies that to more expensive seats, there's the potential of this season producing $5,000 or more if going the StubHub route.

SAR I

Quote Originally Posted by Alkrotraz View Post
    I would buy them. And put all 8 regular season games immediately on line at $300 each declining down to $1 and when five games sells, pull last three and go to those games only.

PSL source has mez A at 1K a seat. Ouch. Section 227a row seven was a good pair at 8k, now priced at 2k, 75% off sale

$1,000 2 227A 7
    only problem with that is i want to chose which games i go to. the above strategy leaves me with the 3 primetime games. no thanks.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

StubHub is a win for the Jets because it fills the stadium with fans who pay for parking, buy concessions, eat food, and hope to be season ticket holders in the future. It also helps PSL owners feel comfortable because they have an outlet to sell single games for family conflicts, vacations, etc.

SAR I
    No its not....not when there are tickets and PSLs that still need to be sold. People - like myself - will not buy a PSL from the Jets when they can Stub Hub games for a big discount. In different circumstances, I would be a PSL holder. But, there is no real need for me to take that plunge. At least, not at this point.

I went to 4 games last year and sat in the Clubs each and every time. I paid less than half price - and that includes opening day. Why would I want to saddle myself with 6 extra games where I'd a) have to front a significant amount of money both for the PSL and for the tickets and b) have to deal with getting rid of the rest of the games that I don't want to go and probably take a loss?

And I doubt there are many people out there (who don't already have PSLs) who go to more than 4 games a year.

The other way to look at it:

The 2013 season is a banner year for visiting teams:

Pittsburgh
    Oakland
    New Orleans
    Miami
    New England

The seats that he is considering should be worth 2x or more for those games. If he buys the PSL's at a discount, sells the entire season on StubHub, he should do very well, make enough incremental to help pay down that PSL markedly, then start attending games in 2014.

The math on my seats, so we can see a percentage is this (face value for 4 seats is $500):

Pittsburgh: $1500
    Oakland: $1000
    New Orleans: $800
    Miami: $1000
    New England: $1000
    Buffalo: $500
    Cleveland: $500
    Tampa Bay: $600

Total spent: $4,000
    Total intake: $6,900

Preseason loss: (-$500)

Net income; +$2,400

A plus of $2,400 on a spend of $5,000 is an increase of 48%, so if he applies that to more expensive seats, there's the potential of this season producing $5,000 or more if going the StubHub route.

SAR I
    Big "if" here is he going to get $350 a ticket for Pittsburgh and $250 a ticket for Miami, Oakland and NE in 129, row 29? Sounds pretty steep to me...

No its not....not when there are tickets and PSLs that still need to be sold. People - like myself - will not buy a PSL from the Jets when they can Stub Hub games for a big discount. In different circumstances, I would be a PSL holder. But, there is no real need for me to take that plunge. At least, not at this point.

I went to 4 games last year and sat in the Clubs each and every time. I paid less than half price - and that includes opening day. Why would I want to saddle myself with 6 extra games where I'd a) have to front a significant amount of money both for the PSL and for the tickets and b) have to deal with getting rid of the rest of the games that I don't want to go and probably take a loss?

And I doubt there are many people out there (who don't already have PSLs) who go to more than 4 games a year.
    +1... and don't forget the 2 preseason games you would have to eat.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by E4orBust View Post
    Correct, it doesn't affect the Jets for that season. But it most definitely affects the Jets in the following seasons. if the market bares 50% of face, for example, on the secondary/Stubhub market in Year 1, fans will be tempted to walk in Year 2. those with large PSLs will be less inclined to leave. those with small PSLs, like myself, will be more inclined to take a small loss and move on. and those with no PSLs, in the uppers, will walk, as we've seen.
    Remember that the source of "cheap StubHub tickets" are PSL owners themselves.

As such, there isn't an infinite amount of these available. For fun, let's say that doomsday strikes and 80% of all PSL owners deliberately default on their PSL's thinking that they can go StubHub. Well, guess what, they can't. Because then the Jets will re-own and control 80% of the PSL seats in the stadium and they're not selling them on StubHub for ridiculous prices.

Never forget, StubHub is code for "a resale outlet for PSL holders who can't make a game or two". The more PSL owners who start bailing, the fewer StubHub seats are available for the masses.

People like Petejet and others who call PSL owners "sheep" should thank their lucky stars that we're out there, should be pushing PSL owners to keep their seats, not dump them. If the Jets wind up re-owning a significant amount of $150 PSL seats, they ain't going to appear on StubHub for $75. The bargain days end when PSL holders stop holding PSL's as we are the inventory for StubHub, not the Jets.

SAR I

Big "if" here is he going to get $350 a ticket for Pittsburgh and $250 a ticket for Miami, Oakland and NE in 129, row 29? Sounds pretty steep to me...
    $350 for Steelers and $250 for Phins would be closer to LSL prices based on past years. I've sold Mezz A corner (row 8) for $175 for Phins and the equivalent of serlling to traveling Steeler fans (traveling Ravens fans just as ardent) got $275 for home opener. Row 1 should do about the same considering there will be a much greater supply on the market this coming year than in past years.

JetsInsider.com Legend

I disagree.

The PSL's that are out there for sale by the Jets are Club seats, and a Club seat customer is a small business, not the StubHub bottom-feeder.

And the remaining unsold tickets are upper deck seats in the endzones which sell at a cheap $50 from the Jets directly, not like a $25 StubHub price is going to hurt the franchise when they probably only have 3,000 such seats available.

Next, StubHub is one of the biggest PSL sales 'closers' the ticket office has. I myself may not have bought PSL's if I didn't have a mechanism to sell the 2-3 games a year I simply cannot attend. Someone plunking down $24,000 for PSL's and committing to $8,000 a year in gameday tickets needs to know they have that back-door to recoup some money. The Yankees are going to find out the hard way that their hardcore stance on StubHub is only screwing their most loyal season ticket holders. Just watch. Thousands will give up their season subscriptions in the Bronx because the Yankees won't let them get their money back for a ticket they've already taken a loss on.

Lastly, don't forget that PSL owners are the very reason that StubHub's affordability even exists. Out of the 82,500 seats in the stadium, only 55,000 are non-upper-deck. Of that, only 43,000 are affordable non-pricey Club seats. Of that, only 21,500 are seats that are out of the endzones or in the corners. Those 21,500 seats are the ones that everyone wants, say that 80% of the fans who own them use them, that leaves a paltry 4,300 seats at an average of 2 per transaction, that's only 2,150 good Jets ticket transactions available on StubHub each week.

So if fans truly start giving up their PSL's it simply means that there is less StubHub inventory which is the very reason the PSL owners would be giving up their PSL's to begin with. Those 2,150 choice StubHub seats would dry up very, very quickly and then you'd have fans saying "I don't know what happened but I can't get those $40 lower corner seats anymore, my only option is to get $20 upper deck seats or buy good seats straight from the Jets for $125."

That's why the StubHub and PSL default myths hold no water. Fans who default on PSL's = windfall of free money for the Jets. Fans who think StubHub is an endless well of cheap tickets = unhappy fans who will be forced to pay full price if too few PSL seats remain in fans hands.

SAR I
    Last edited by SAR I; 02-13-2013 at 09:28 AM.

For several games last year, I sold my LSL's in 135 for a nice profit weeks before the game and the night before or morning of the game, 3 of us decided to go after all and bought Mezz clubs between the 20-40 for way less than their face and twice below face for the LSL seats! (This included the Thanksgiving game and a couple of others after the midpoint of the season). The three of us ended sitting in the clubs for very little money. Worked out great for bad weather games.

As long as the Jets have Sanchez and will continue to suck because of the stupidity of starting Sanchez, we should be able to get away with this. Sell your regular seats weeks ahead to opposing fans (who welcome watching the Jets start the worst starting QB in franchise history) for a profit and then buy club seats on game day for less than $150 (in one case $80/ticket).

Remember that the source of "cheap StubHub tickets" are PSL owners themselves.

As such, there isn't an infinite amount of these available. For fun, let's say that doomsday strikes and 80% of all PSL owners deliberately default on their PSL's thinking that they can go StubHub. Well, guess what, they can't. Because then the Jets will re-own and control 80% of the PSL seats in the stadium and they're not selling them on StubHub for ridiculous prices.

Never forget, StubHub is code for "a resale outlet for PSL holders who can't make a game or two". The more PSL owners who start bailing, the fewer StubHub seats are available for the masses.

People like Petejet and others who call PSL owners "sheep" should thank their lucky stars that we're out there, should be pushing PSL owners to keep their seats, not dump them. If the Jets wind up re-owning a significant amount of $150 PSL seats, they ain't going to appear on StubHub for $75. The bargain days end when PSL holders stop holding PSL's as we are the inventory for StubHub, not the Jets.

SAR I
    SAR, please. You're suggesting that if 80% of PSL owners default and the Jets take back those seats, that it will become HARDER to get tickets? The Jets aren't going to re-sell them for what reason, spite? the Jets will sell them for whatever they can get for them, game by game on whatever forum they can. and it won't be the old face levels, the very levels that caused 80% of fans to leave, in your example.

you truly are the only person who could think that 80% of PSL owners defaulting would actually help the value of tickets.