Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Who ya got for teh next Pope?

Quote Originally Posted by Seagirt View Post
    NBC said there never was a black pope... not true. Genasius from Africa was a black man, and there may have been others. Have to research it more.
    Oh please. Genasius was a cornball brother. He really wasn't down with the cause.

Quote Originally Posted by FF2® View Post
    Oh please. Genasius was a cornball brother. He really wasn't down with the cause.
    LOL...

Hall Of Fame

Quote Originally Posted by Seagirt View Post
    =Just a quick historic note. The Catholic Church has already had three African popes.

Pope Victor I (189-199 ), Pope St. Miltiades (311-314), and Pope St. Gelasius I (492-496) were all from Africa, and while their exact ancestry is unknown, there is some evidence to suggest that they were not of Roman decent (aka they were black or at least dark skinned). Of course, no accurate images exist, and race was not defined the same way, so we cannot be certain.

At the very least, their reigns show the influence Africa had on the early church--interestingly much more than Northern Europe had. Africa has an old relationship with Rome, and it'll be interesting to see if that relationship is strengthened this coming conclave.
    Far too erudite for the Hampur. Mods: Please move to the Papal History Forum.

That's more like it.

Jets Insider VIP
    They want to go with an,African pope based on the huge number of new and trying,to get new catholics due to declining numbers the world over. I say bull**** lets go with Angelo this is the next pope. Any,takers

Cardnial Angelo scola

Obama was hard enough on us. We need this

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy® View Post
    :usedtobeacardinal:

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by thebigragu View Post
    They want to go with an,African pope based on the huge number of new and trying,to get new catholics due to declining numbers the world over. I say bull**** lets go with Angelo this is the next pope. Any,takers

Cardnial Angelo scola

Norman Scwarzkopf's chunky brother?

Cardnial Angelo scola

WTF Pope Charles Durning?

WTF, David Huddleston?

Jets Insider VIP
    What's one to do when converting to the protestant faith?

Hall Of Fame
    They want to go with an,African pope based on the huge number of new and trying,to get new catholics due to declining numbers the world over.
    remember at the Million Man March they passed around the collection plate, and after everyone was finished "making change" they netted $16 dollars. don't think the church wants a repeat.

Jets Insider VIP
    Norman Scwarzkopf's chunky brother?
    WTF Pope Charles Durning?
    Book it hes going off at 7/1 that's the one.

How about this guy...hes black and wouldn't have to change his jersey name.

Pope Pope.

Jets Insider VIP
    remember at the Million Man March they passed around the collection plate, and after everyone was finished "making change" they netted $16 dollars. don't think the church wants a repeat.
    I dont think we want to switch to thunderbird blackberry wine for the sacrament either

Hall Of Fame
    I dont think we want to switch to thunderbird blackberry wine for the sacrament either
    You know, I walked the fine line and you went overboard. Now we'll be seen guilty together. This once happened when I was delicately discussing the shape of Korean heads and Freestater jumped in with Down Syndrome comments. We each got a hissyfit PM warning from :usedtobeacardinal:.

You know, I walked the fine line and you went overboard. Now we'll be seen guilty together. This once happened when I was delicately discussing the shape of Korean heads and Freestater jumped in with Down Syndrome comments. We each got a hissyfit PM warning from :usedtobeacardinal:.
    Not to worry, the updated 2013 JI Official Hurt Feelings Complaint Form has a new section that breaks it down by individual poster.

(I was going towards what would replace the parish Ham 'n Bean Supper but thought better of it.)

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by shakin318 View Post
    Word is the Vatican has hired Korn/Ferry.
    Sicilians are black, no?

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

A black pope would be an awesome marketing move. Get Nike to buy in with alternate ebony papal vestments, and watch Catholicism make a move on the Baptist/Muslim stranglehold on the inner cities.

Hypothetical Question for new pope: if a person was going to print out an exact 3d replica of Kate Upton, or a midget, and part way thru the printing I pressed the "abort" button, would that be considered a sin?