Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Holmes or Edwards?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Holmes or Edwards?

If the Jets could only keep 1, which WR would u like to see on the Jets this year?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    braylon edwards

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    How is this even a debate?

Say what you will about Holmes, but he's arguably the most clutch receiver in the league when healthy.

Braylon has bounced around to 3 different teams in less than two years. He's not the same player he was three years ago. Why some of you can't grasp this, I have no idea.

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
    I dislike Santonio but he's much better than Braylon

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    There is no reason the Jets can't have both next year, and IMO, that would be a better case scenario

Edwards won't be expensive to re-sign, Jets will need a big WR in Mornhinwe's WCO scheme, to me, Edwards and Holmes as 1 and 2 or 1 and 1a, or 2 and 2, however you want to lay it out, with Hill and Kerley at 3 and 4, that is a quality WR unit.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wait...what year is it?

Didn't we go through this debate already?

Little has changed.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    What year is it? 2011?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw View Post
    I dislike Santonio but he's much better than Braylon
    at what? Braylon blocks much better and is a team player. He also gets deep and can catch the ball. Exactly what does Holmes do? He is a cancer in the clubhouse. He has his share of drops, He does not block but he is a bit faster then Braylon but is weak over the middle.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    There is no reason the Jets can't have both next year, and IMO, that would be a better case scenario

Edwards won't be expensive to re-sign, Jets will need a big WR in Mornhinwe's WCO scheme, to me, Edwards and Holmes as 1 and 2 or 1 and 1a, or 2 and 2, however you want to lay it out, with Hill and Kerley at 3 and 4, that is a quality WR unit.
    FlightBoys part 2

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Jet View Post
    at what? Braylon blocks much better and is a team player. He also gets deep and can catch the ball. Exactly what does Holmes do? He is a cancer in the clubhouse. He has his share of drops, He does not block but he is a bit faster then Braylon but is weak over the middle.
    Holmes is one of the best route runners in the business and has more game winning catches than any receiver in the league over the past 5 years.

Yeah, he's better than Braylon.

Again, you're talking about Braylon as if it's still 2009.

If he was still that player, then he would still be a 49er right now. Not bouncing around to the Seahawks and Jets in less than one season.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Healthy, Braylon Edwards is a better WR.

But, he's lost a step or two. Santonio suffered a pretty bad injury last year, too, though.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's Febuary 2011. My time machine works!

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Jet View Post
    Better hands, better routes, quicker. I like Braylon, but 3 teams have let him walk in 2 years. There's really no debate, Santonio's a better receiver.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jeT.MAC View Post
    If the Jets could only keep 1, which WR would u like to see on the Jets this year?
    deja vu

all over again

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw View Post
    Better hands, better routes, quicker. I like Braylon, but 3 teams have let him walk in 2 years. There's really no debate, Santonio's a better receiver.
    Not when they're both healthy . . .

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jeT.MAC View Post
    FlightBoys part 2
    Anxiously awaiting the new Flight Boys t-shirts.

This time with Kerley instead of Cotchery. With a little Hill added in.

Bray n Holmes complement eachother well. Holmes cutting through Ds with slants and Braylon adding size with blocking and going over top of defenders. Add in a shifty reliable Kerley with a speedy Hill (who's hopefully working on actually catching the ball this offseason) and I think the receiving corps is in good shape.

Shouldn't be any reason to choose between the two. Holmes' contract means he's definitely here next season and Bray should come cheap. Considering Sanchez is most likely the QB, why wouldn't we keep one of his favorite targets?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Does it really matter? Holmes is the better player but I could live without either. Holmes is the one under contract overpaid or not he is our guy. BE is a head ache we moved on from. If we cut Holmes I still wouldn't bring BE back I'd move on like a good team would. You don't see NE bringing back Moss do you?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by detectivekimble View Post
    Not when they're both healthy . . .
    Yes, he is.

No GM, coach, or fan outside of our own fanbase would take Braylon Edwards over Santonio Holmes.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    Yes, he is.

No GM, coach, or fan outside of our own fanbase would take Braylon Edwards over Santonio Holmes.
    No, he isn't. Santonio played on a good team in Pittsburgh with a good QB. The Jets tried to build an offense around him being the guy and he sank. And don't give me this **** about Sanchez sucking. Jeremy Kerley put up better numbers this year than Santonio put up last year.

Edwards, in his healthy years, played with QBs who aren't even NFL caliber players (go ahead, look it up). In 2007, he was the man on a high flying offense and made Derek Anderson look legit. Santonio couldn't dream of putting up those types of numbers. Not to mention that Edwards was faster, bigger, stronger, and tougher than Holmes.

Santonio Holmes is a front runner. You put him on a good team, surround him with some talent, and he can make a play here and there. He's pretty quick, but he's not fast and he's soft.

Edit: Even the Pats fans on here said they were more scared of Edwards than Holmes.
    Last edited by detectivekimble; 02-11-2013 at 10:25 PM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Braylon Edwards. Cheaper and not coming off a lis en franc injury.