Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Holmes or Edwards?

Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    How is this even a debate?

Say what you will about Holmes, but he's arguably the most clutch receiver in the league when healthy.

Braylon has bounced around to 3 different teams in less than two years. He's not the same player he was three years ago. Why some of you can't grasp this, I have no idea.
    HAHA!!!

Quote Originally Posted by TebowCan'tThrow View Post
    HAHA!!!
    Your name is spot on.

Yes, he is.

No GM, coach, or fan outside of our own fanbase would take Braylon Edwards over Santonio Holmes.
    We did exactly that and guess what?...it all went to ratsh!t for our offense pretty much exactly after that point.

Holmes is in the Alan Faneca mould when it comes to overrated.Still a great player capable of making great plays but the Steelers(apparently everyone's idea of a model franchise)let him go in the prime of his career after his most productive season for a lowly 5th round draft pick...there's a reason for that.

Less midgets please especially for inaccurate QB's. Edwards is the type of player who will go up and get the ball and try and save his QB. Holmes well......

Holmes.

Much better fit for the WCO and $ wise it makes NO sense to get rid of him.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Holmes, no debate, provided he is able to play.

Jets Insider VIP
    Braylon is a free agent. Being that he was released from Seattle, I doubt idzik thinks highly of him. Holmes will be here because of his contract and will be let go the minute he contract allows it.

All League
    Holmes is one of the best route runners in the business and has more game winning catches than any receiver in the league over the past 5 years.

Yeah, he's better than Braylon.

Again, you're talking about Braylon as if it's still 2009.

If he was still that player, then he would still be a 49er right now. Not bouncing around to the Seahawks and Jets in less than one season.
    Are you sure you are not talking about Holmes of 2009?

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsfanfromtheBURGH View Post
    Are you sure you are not talking about Holmes of 2009?
    No, I'm talking about Holmes as recently as week 3 against the Dolphins last year before he got hurt.

We lose that game if he doesn't sh*t on Miami's defense in the 4th quarter.

All League
    No, I'm talking about Holmes as recently as week 3 against the Dolphins last year before he got hurt.

We lose that game if he doesn't sh*t on Miami's defense in the 4th quarter.
    Whew.... Glad you cleared that one up.

Veteran
    Not even a debate. Holmes is utter trash probably the most overrated receiver behind Welker and Cruz. Braylin by a mile

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

Braylon Edwards and its not even close....Edwards has more toughness and heart in his left pinky then Holmes ever had...runs great routes..makes tough catches...fights for the ball...holds himself accountable.....drags people into the end zone....never quits!....WANTS TO BE HERE....I want that guy on my team...not a cry baby that throws his team under the bus....and throws a tantrum when things aren't going well...

Edwards >>>>>> Holmes

/Thread

All League
    Is this really necessary? Holmes and Edwards should both be on the team. Edwards will be cheap. That would be one less thing for the team to worry about as they go forward to the draft.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    How is Edwards on the slant?

If Holmes is healthy and that is a big if. I believe that Braylon is gone ,I think they will want to have at least 1 wide out from a wco system

Quote Originally Posted by jeT.MAC View Post
    If the Jets could only keep 1, which WR would u like to see on the Jets this year?
    Cut Santonio Holmes and resign Edwards on the cheap.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by jeT.MAC View Post
    If the Jets could only keep 1, which WR would u like to see on the Jets this year?
    I like what i see in Braylon. Holmes sucks IMO.

Undrafted Free Agent
    I would definitely bring back both, and while you are at it, sign Cotchery to a one-year deal too, if he stinks in camp, you cut him. Flight boys all back, and the WR core could be like this:

1) Holmes
    2) Braylon
    3) Kerley
    4) Hill
    5) Cotchery

This is what should have happened 2 years ago, but Tannenbaum was a fool and let two of his best WRs walk, because he is stupid. I dont believe its too late for those guys to click again with Sanchez.

Quote Originally Posted by RMJK View Post
    I like what i see in Braylon. Holmes sucks IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by JetItalia View Post
    I would definitely bring back both, and while you are at it, sign Cotchery to a one-year deal too, if he stinks in camp, you cut him. Flight boys all back, and the WR core could be like this:

1) Holmes
    2) Braylon
    3) Kerley
    4) Hill
    5) Cotchery

This is what should have happened 2 years ago, but Tannenbaum was a fool and let two of his best WRs walk, because he is stupid. I dont believe its too late for those guys to click again with Sanchez.
    your plan is great if we also build a time machine and set it to 2009.

Chaz Schilens..rebuilding is the way.