Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Painful acting. Whattcha got?

Hey, remember when you guys were a bunch of old farts commenting on a message board and shaking your canes at hot chicks?

I sure do.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by southside View Post
    Hey, remember when you guys were a bunch of old farts commenting on a message board and shaking your canes at hot chicks?

I sure do.
    we've felt female tits - we know the score. trust us.

Keifer Sutherland thinks dramatic acting requires whispering in every scene. In eight years of 24 he didn't talk in a normal tone of voice once. His new show is the same pathetic thing.

Hot? Yes. Terrible acting? Yes.

JetsInsider.com Legend

All League
    Jennifer Anistion- same ol same ol.
    Gene Hackman- meh, same haircut every movie.

FF2 nailed it with Hanks being Hanks.

This thread is literally a circle-jerk for cane shaking, red robe wearing, gum swallowing hampurderps.

The only people who I actually truly won't watch because of how bad or over the top they are, are Vin Diesel and Will Ferrel (sans Wedding Crashers).

I'm just waiting for one of you farts to call out Daniel-Day or Denzel as painful.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by greenwichjetfan View Post
    This thread is literally a circle-jerk for cane shaking, red robe wearing, gum swallowing hampurderps.
    and?

Quote Originally Posted by GuidoYaztremski View Post
    Keifer Sutherland thinks dramatic acting requires whispering in every scene. In eight years of 24 he didn't talk in a normal tone of voice once. His new show is the same pathetic thing.
    He has 2 modes:

whispering
    growling

That worked brilliantly on 24. Not so much anywhere else. His father has more talent and stage presecnce.

JetsInsider.com Legend

The only people who I actually truly won't watch because of how bad or over the top they are, are Vin Diesel and Will Ferrel (sans Wedding Crashers).

I'm just waiting for one of you farts to call out Daniel-Day or Denzel as painful.
    Well duh. Still not sure if you're being serious though.

Also nice image link from ponychan, btw.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by sackdance View Post
    Wait a second ... how do you know this?

I'll just add that this weekend I saw the first half of a 2000 movie, The Gift, on Netflix. Now I know there's a good reason I had never heard of this Billy Bob Thornton (good actor, btw) written piece of sh*te.

The only name I knew would be in it was Cate Blanchett. And one-by-one the big names kept popped out as the train wreck revealed itself.

Giovanni Ribisi was so bad it was mesmerizing (playing an unbalanced hick mechanic), Keanu Reeves genuinely laughable as an abusive pickup truck driving bigot, Hilary Swank as abused white trash (I know, a stretch for her), Katie Holmes as a snotty rich girl, Greg Kinnear the humble fellow with a good heart - this movie began taking on a life of its own as a personal insult to me. Throw in the special effects for Cate's psychic abilities (these effects were pulled off with the panache of a 1970s Sesame Street episode, one second Snuffaluffagus is there and next POOF no Snuffaluffagus! Where'd he go?)

Thanks for letting me vent.

I agree with most this thread, but it's too easy to pick on Keanu. Jack Nicholson hasn't taken acting very seriously since becoming a Hollywood heavyweight, he damn near ruins The Departed. Good to call out DeNiro, too - outside of a few great roles he sucks.

Christian Bale and Daniel Day Lewis shame all these names.
    Ummm, isn't this the movie where she goes topless? That made the movie watchable, imho.

Quote Originally Posted by Fishooked View Post
    Well duh. Still not sure if you're being serious though.

Also nice image link from ponychan, btw.
    What's a ponychan?

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by nyahay bus View Post
    Hot? Yes. Terrible acting? Yes.

I would wipe out an entire village for one night with her. Love that girl

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

What's a ponychan?
    Why, only the best channel for Pony related links, thats what.

-

Quote Originally Posted by 2milehighJet View Post
    Mark Wahlberg. Even when he plays a Boston character it's all the same.

+1,000,000

I'll put these two amateurs toe-to-toe against any actor in this thread. They almost single-handedly destroyed a good concept and an excellent supporting cast in Prison Break.

Last edited by AFCEastFan; 02-12-2013 at 02:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BushyTheBeaver View Post
    I like when Mimi Rogers plays a chick with humongous hooters.
    Whoa...flashback to cruising the TV Guide movie and cast descriptions looking for mention of Ms. Rogers.

How is Nic Cage on this list? His old work speaks for itself and he was great recently in Bad Lieutenant Port of Call: New Orleans and Kick Ass.

Quote Originally Posted by AFCEastFan View Post
    I'll put these two amateurs toe-to-toe against any actor in this thread. They almost single-handedly destroyed a good concept and an excellent supporting cast in Prison Break.

But hey had to break INTO the prison. That was cool.

Haha, season 1 ok. Trying to keep it alive after 1 season... not so good.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Quote Originally Posted by AFCEastFan View Post
    The Ragu story?

-

Quote Originally Posted by Carlton View Post
    A lot of the ones off the top of my head have been said. **** you Nicholas Cage.

Everyone in the Fast and the Furious.
    Owen Wilson. (Die.)
    Ben Stiller. (Die.)
    Jim Carrey.
    Vinny Chase (Adrien something?)

I think it's ok for an actor to play a somewhat similar character frequently if they do it well and make it believable.

Edit: Oh Jeremy Renner. He is still living off Hurt Locker. Terrible. Takes me out of the experience in every movie he's in.
    The other wilson is 100x more annoying than Owen.

Adam Sandler has a 15 year run of being absolutely unwatchable.