Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 95

Thread: Painful acting. Whattcha got?

  1. #1
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    The depths of Despair.
    Posts
    40,282

    Painful acting. Whattcha got?

    I'll start with Ed Burns...in anything. Same guy, same self conscious doosh in every role.

    Next, I will painfully move on to RObert Deniro in anything except Godfather/Taxi driver/Raging bull.

    And, anything requiring Al Pacino to do an ethnic accent.

    Oh...and the token female, the wooden, odd delivery of Lorraine Bracco. SHe's got the odd delivery of Walken, without the hip humor.




    -

  2. #2
    All League
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    It's all relative
    Posts
    4,015

  3. #3
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    The depths of Despair.
    Posts
    40,282
    Quote Originally Posted by Big L View Post
    Common. THats great compared to Ed Burns using a beer as a prop. AGAIN.

    I love that guy.

    -

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    I'll start with Ed Burns...in anything. Same guy, same self conscious doosh in every role.

    Next, I will painfully move on to RObert Deniro in anything except Godfather/Taxi driver/Raging bull.

    And, anything requiring Al Pacino to do an ethnic accent.

    Oh...and the token female, the wooden, odd delivery of Lorraine Bracco. SHe's got the odd delivery of Walken, without the hip humor.




    -

    Canoe Reeves. Horrible.

  5. #5
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    The depths of Despair.
    Posts
    40,282
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
    Canoe Reeves. Horrible.
    Agreed. And that hair. Common.

    -

  6. #6
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    The depths of Despair.
    Posts
    40,282
    Mark, answer your phone.


    -

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    Common. THats great compared to Ed Burns using a beer as a prop. AGAIN.

    I love that guy.

    -
    No one rocks a backwards scally cap like Ed Burns.

  8. #8
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Wildcat Country
    Posts
    5,001
    Kevin Spacey in...well...everything. Sometimes I think his reputation derives from his acting being so wooden that people are fooled into thinking it's actually acting. How anyone actually saw The Usual Suspects as a good film is beyond me...it was abysmal.
    Last edited by BushyTheBeaver; 02-11-2013 at 10:31 PM.

  9. #9
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    The depths of Despair.
    Posts
    40,282
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
    No one rocks a backwards scally cap like Ed Burns.
    Dippa? Sully? There's two right there, the deutchbargs

    -

  10. #10
    Giovanni Ribisi....

    What's up with that mook?

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    Dippa? Sully? There's two right there, the deutchbargs

    -
    You laugh.

  12. #12
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    The depths of Despair.
    Posts
    40,282
    Quote Originally Posted by BushyTheBeaver View Post
    Kevin Spacey in...well...everything. Sometimes I think his reputation is based on the fact that his acting is so wooden that people think it's actually acting. How anyone actually though The Usual Suspects was a good film is beyond me...it was abysmal.
    There we go. Didnt even think of him until you mentioned it. And why is Harrison Ford the same guy in every movie with different clothes.

    Common

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    There we go. Didnt even think of him until you mentioned it. And why is Harrison Ford the same guy in every movie with different clothes.

    Common
    Tom Hanks does an amazing Tom Hanks.

  14. #14
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    The depths of Despair.
    Posts
    40,282
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
    Tom Hanks does an amazing Tom Hanks.
    Morgan Freeman? Here's the script, its called "Waking up and being noble and all knowing Friggin Morgan Freeman...again".

    Coomon

  15. #15
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    742 Evergreen Terrace
    Posts
    11,411
    "Nic" Cage. In everything. Except Adaptation. He was awesome in that.

  16. #16
    Nicolas Cage....had some great roles when he was younger.

    Now?

  17. #17
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    20,755
    Anyone from the Twilight movies.

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Jets Things View Post
    "Nic" Cage. In everything. Except Adaptation. He was awesome in that.
    beat me to it!

  19. #19
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    20,755
    Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    Morgan Freeman? Here's the script, its called "Waking up and being noble and all knowing Friggin Morgan Freeman...again".

    Coomon
    I was going to say him but I didn't want to look like a racist.

  20. #20
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    The depths of Despair.
    Posts
    40,282
    Quote Originally Posted by Jets Things View Post
    "Nic" Cage. In everything. Except Adaptation. He was awesome in that.
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
    Nicolas Cage....had some great roles when he was younger.

    Now?
    I lost my hand!

    Common

    -

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us