Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: All's very quiet at Floram Park

All's very quiet at Floram Park

I can't remember it being this quiet from Floram Park since Rex was hired. Is this a sign John Idzik is in full control? I expect this is the calm before the storm.
    Also where is Sanchez? New OC and QB coach and he hasn't commented. Still in hiding licking his wounds. Definitely not a leader. Too soft to be in the NFL!

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Squirt View Post
    I can't remember it being this quiet from Floram Park since Rex was hired. Is this a sign John Idzik is in full control? I expect this is the calm before the storm.
    Also where is Sanchez? New OC and QB coach and he hasn't commented. Still in hiding licking his wounds. Definitely not a leader. Too soft to be in the NFL!
    I was thinking about this yesterday...I think part of it has to do with it being Feb. Lets see how quiet it is in March....

Banned
    February is the most boring month for sports. Football is over, baseball hasn't started yet, and basketball is pure dogsh!t.

Baseball is as boring as it can possibly get.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ASH_1962 View Post
    Baseball is as boring as it can possibly get.
    Not as bad as basketball or golf. Worst two sports.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Squirt View Post
    IMO...its a sign that even a blowhard like REX is embarassed and recognizes that he has NOTHING to comment on.

Notcie that his bravado went way down after the JETS went 8-8 and Giants won the SB. THEN..... the ship really started to take on water.

I think Woody got tired of all the talk coming out of the team. We found out that Pettine was source for some of it and other coaches and players yakked a lot this season. Hard Knocks w/Jets might have been the best ever but Woody realizes that Mangenius wasn't totally wrong after all. I'll bet the guy from Korn Ferry (Jed Hughes?) also told Woody to plug the leaks. Idzik is going to keep a tight lid on. Not as bad as Mangini but................

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by bleedjetgreen View Post
    I think Woody got tired of all the talk coming out of the team. We found out that Pettine was source for some of it and other coaches and players yakked a lot this season. Hard Knocks w/Jets might have been the best ever but Woody realizes that Mangenius wasn't totally wrong after all. I'll bet the guy from Korn Ferry (Jed Hughes?) also told Woody to plug the leaks. Idzik is going to keep a tight lid on. Not as bad as Mangini but................

My wife, who was not much of a football fan before that HK, now still occasionally blurts out "Let's go eat a god-damned snack". Pure entertainment.

Too bad it messed up the team so much.
    Last edited by nycdan; 02-12-2013 at 10:58 AM.

And this is the way I like it. spare us the drama over every move the team makes and quietly go about our business. Idzik will be a very busy man stepping into our mess and trying to straighten it out.

Jets Insider VIP
    Idzik handed everyone a tall glass of "Shut the hell up". Its about time.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    Idzik handed everyone a tall glass of "Shut the hell up". Its about time.
    To bad that don't work for some fans..

Jets Insider VIP
    So the Jets settle for Idzik and THEN Pope Benedict becomes available? Figures. SOJ!

Quote Originally Posted by Sourceworx View Post
    Not as bad as basketball or golf. Worst two sports.
    Golf is exciting.

Worst two sports are easily soccer and Nascar...zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

All Pro

I actually like this start

We hired a new GM who came to our team with very little knowledge of the inner working of the team or it's players. It would have been presumpteous (sp) to start by making moves without taking an inventory of what is currently on board.

I believe and i could be wrong, that the new GM is assesing the roster before taking any action. At his intro new conference he told us that no decisions would be made until he had an opportunity to examine the roster and what was the desires of the coaching staff.

Thus far, the guy is sticking to his script. Once he has a working knowledge of the Jets, we will begin to reshape this franchise.

Hall Of Fame
    Where has Rex been? He usually would show up at the SB and do some interviews. Maybe Idzik has him on lock down or maybe Rex finally realized that his act has gotten old. Either way I am happy. The less we hear from these guys the better.

Its February... There isn't anything to talk about, guys are probably on vacation. Idzik and staff are evaluating the roster and coming up with a plan, also getting ready for the NFL scouting combine next week.

I am surprised we haven't heard anything from Marty Mornhinweg yet.

IMO, this is when the Jets have been the best is when there have been zero expectations. The more quiet they are the better. Just take the lumps and build through the draft. Let the team re-group and get rid of the cancers. It may take a few years, but they will be better for it. It was fun be bold for two years because it worked, but that's not the way it has been done or should be done for successful franchises.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnysd View Post
    Golf is exciting.
    Please. Watching my cat take a sh!t is more exciting than golf.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnysd View Post
    Worst two sports are easily soccer and Nascar...zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Nascar I'll give you. Soccer too, although I enjoy the World Cup.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Sourceworx View Post
    Please. Watching my cat take a sh!t is more exciting than golf.

Nascar I'll give you. Soccer too, although I enjoy the World Cup.
    Non golfers generally dont like watching golf. It is kind of like tennis, unless you play it, it is hard to sit and watch 3 hours on TV.

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Its nice not being on the ESPN ticker. But I wouldn't mind seeing a "Jets cut Tebow" headline soon