Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: All's very quiet at Floram Park

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Golf is a sport. Walking, swinging a club, hand-eye coordination, strategy, etc.

Clearly not as physically demanding as other sports but it is a sport.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Golf is a sport. Walking, swinging a club, hand-eye coordination, strategy, etc.

Clearly not as physically demanding as other sports but it is a sport.
    LOL I hope you're kidding.

Walking? LMAO. Wow I never realized I was displaying my athletic ability every time I went down the hall to the bathroom.

Hand-eye coordination? There's plenty of vocations that require this. None of them are sports. Or I guess by your definition, they are.

Strategy? Monopoly requires strategy. Card games require strategy. Chess requires strategy. Super Mario Bros requires strategy. Are they sports?

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sourceworx View Post
    LOL I hope you're kidding.

Walking? LMAO. Wow I never realized I was displaying my athletic ability every time I went down the hall to the bathroom.

Hand-eye coordination? There's plenty of vocations that require this. None of them are sports. Or I guess by your definition, they are.

Strategy? Monopoly requires strategy. Card games require strategy. Chess requires strategy. Super Mario Bros requires strategy. Are they sports?
    I don't know taking a dump while doing a handstand is pretty dam athletic..

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    I don't know taking a dump while doing a handstand is pretty dam athletic..
    LOL

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinstar View Post
    We hired a new GM who came to our team with very little knowledge of the inner working of the team or it's players. It would have been presumpteous (sp) to start by making moves without taking an inventory of what is currently on board.

I believe and i could be wrong, that the new GM is assesing the roster before taking any action. At his intro new conference he told us that no decisions would be made until he had an opportunity to examine the roster and what was the desires of the coaching staff.

Thus far, the guy is sticking to his script. Once he has a working knowledge of the Jets, we will begin to reshape this franchise.
    I respectfully disagree. I would expect that Idzik went into his interview knowing a great deal about our roster and cap situation. I would suspect he would have been asked detailed questions regarding players and their contracts and had detailed responses to how he intends on handling them. At least that's the way it SHOULD have gone down if Woody and co were doing their due dilligence and Idzik was doing his. This was a major job interview where a great deal of dilligence should hace transpired on both sides. Now that Idzik is here I suspect he has a deep knowledge of the entire situation and what his plans are going forward. He better. I think the only reason we're not hearing much is because it's February.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Snell41 View Post
    I respectfully disagree. I would expect that Idzik went into his interview knowing a great deal about our roster and cap situation. I would suspect he would have been asked detailed questions regarding players and their contracts and had detailed responses to how he intends on handling them. At least that's the way it SHOULD have gone down if Woody and co were doing their due dilligence and Idzik was doing his. This was a major job interview where a great deal of dilligence should hace transpired on both sides. Now that Idzik is here I suspect he has a deep knowledge of the entire situation and what his plans are going forward. He better. I think the only reason we're not hearing much is because it's February.
    How exactly is an outsider going to know the finer points af player contracts on a team he had no prior relationship with ? Why would the people hiring the New GM care about the stuff you mentioned instead of the candidate's ideoleogy of putting an NFL team together.

If I was being interviewed to be the Jets GM and the questions focus on handling the cap, i would request the player contracts and ask for some time to review. If you wanted to know how i would go about fixing the Jets, then i could give you a more detailed synopsis that would include assesing the current coaching staff, roster, cap and formulation a plan from there.

Since being offered the Job, this is exactly what i believe the new GM is doing. He had a window between the hiring and the start of the new league yr to get up to speed. The Combines next week is the last distraction before the start of the leagur yr when officially decisions will have to be made.

Where is the problem and what is the hurry to do something.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinstar View Post
    How exactly is an outsider going to know the finer points af player contracts on a team he had no prior relationship with ? Why would the people hiring the New GM care about the stuff you mentioned instead of the candidate's ideoleogy of putting an NFL team together.

If I was being interviewed to be the Jets GM and the questions focus on handling the cap, i would request the player contracts and ask for some time to review. If you wanted to know how i would go about fixing the Jets, then i could give you a more detailed synopsis that would include assesing the current coaching staff, roster, cap and formulation a plan from there.

Since being offered the Job, this is exactly what i believe the new GM is doing. He had a window between the hiring and the start of the new league yr to get up to speed. The Combines next week is the last distraction before the start of the leagur yr when officially decisions will have to be made.

Where is the problem and what is the hurry to do something.
    There is no problem and no hurry, that's what I meant by it just being February. My disagreement is on the notion that Idzik is still learning about the roster and contracts. This stuff is public info. If he was interested in the job and wanted to interview I'm betting he learned everything there is possibly available to learn about the Jets prior to his interview so he could speak intelligently to any questions posed to him in the interview process. I'm just contending that I feel Idzik knows full well the depth of our roster and cap situation and is dilligently working on it. I just disagree that the reason we're not hearing anything yet is simply because Idzik is still studying the situation.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    There is no problem and no hurry, that's what I meant by it just being February. My disagreement is on the notion that Idzik is still learning about the roster and contracts. This stuff is public info. If he was interested in the job and wanted to interview I'm betting he learned everything there is possibly available to learn about the Jets prior to his interview so he could speak intelligently to any questions posed to him in the interview process. I'm just contending that I feel Idzik knows full well the depth of our roster and cap situation and is dilligently working on it. I just disagree that the reason we're not hearing anything yet is simply because Idzik is still studying the situation.
    One of the things we do know about Idzik is his belief that building through the draft is a priority. My guess is that they are putting all their attention to building their draft board and getting an idea of who they really want to talk to during the combine.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    One of the things we do know about Idzik is his belief that building through the draft is a priority. My guess is that they are putting all their attention to building their draft board and getting an idea of who they really want to talk to during the combine.
    I completely agree. I was just arguing the notion that Idzik is still reviewing our roster and cap. If he doesn't know the entire laty of the land by now then we shouldn't have hired him. That's just unacceptable, and I refuse to believe that's the case right now and the reason we have been very quiet.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I completely agree. I was just arguing the notion that Idzik is still reviewing our roster and cap. If he doesn't know the entire laty of the land by now then we shouldn't have hired him. That's just unacceptable, and I refuse to believe that's the case right now and the reason we have been very quiet.
    I agree, that kind of stuff doesnt take months to get a grasp of. He has a very good idea of who he will be cutting when the time comes.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Where has Rex been? He usually would show up at the SB and do some interviews. Maybe Idzik has him on lock down or maybe Rex finally realized that his act has gotten old. Either way I am happy. The less we hear from these guys the better.
    My sources say rex Ryan been busy getting Revis Island tattoo on his white cheeks.