Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why Harvin makes no sense

Why Harvin makes no sense

I keep seeing people saying that we should trade for Percy Harvin. The reason it makes no sense is because he wants Vincent Jackson money and if we arent going to pay Revis why would they pay an injury prone WR huge money?

Jets Insider VIP
    The Jets arent going anywhere near Percy Harvin. Nothing to see here.

Quote Originally Posted by DirtySanchez7 View Post
    I keep seeing people saying that we should trade for Percy Harvin. The reason it makes no sense is because he wants Vincent Jackson money and if we arent going to pay Revis why would they pay an injury prone WR huge money?
    Would have to think that Harvin would score many more TDs than Revis ?

Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes9 View Post
    While missing a lot more games and being a locker room diva/cancer

Quote Originally Posted by DirtySanchez7 View Post
    I would pay him close to VJ's money because he is better than VJ. The guy is a monster playmaker on the field something the Jets sorely need after that 2012 embarrasment of an offense. He is an elite receiver and an elite runner. He would instantly improve our offense and would be a perfect fit for this team

Some of you guys on this site are insane! I really don't get it.

I would trade Cromartie for him in a package and maybe get another pick as well. Then figure out a way to sign Revis. Idzik will figure something out. Its not an impossible situation....its about being creative with the cap.

Jets Insider VIP
    1. He's injury prone

2. He wants to be paid like a Top 5 receiver

3. Who's going to get him the ball?

Practice Squad
    With our current roster of QB's? Not likely.

Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    1. He's injury prone

2. He wants to be paid like a Top 5 receiver

3. Who's going to get him the ball?
    1) Injury prone? before he got hurt in the 9th game of the season he played 16, 14, and 15 games respecfully so please tell me how that is injury prone? He is also 24 years old.
    2) He is a top 5 receiver and a very good runner too.
    3) Someone other than Sanchez who I think will be unseated as the starter by FA QB.
    Last edited by JoePNYJ1; 02-12-2013 at 01:17 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by JoePNYJ1 View Post
    1) Yeah so what? He is 24 so you are telling me that you are predicting an injury prone player? Stop being nostradamus!

2) He is a top 5 receiver and a very good runner too.
    3) Someone other than Sanchez who I think will be unseated as the starter by FA QB.
    1. Yeah, you're damn right I'm predicting an injury prone player. His migraine problems alone have caused him to miss games every season he's been in the league.

2. No, he's not. Calvin Johnson, Julio Jones, A.J. Green, Larry Fitzgerald, and Andre Johnson are all better receivers. That's 5 right there off the top of my head.

3. We can only hope

1. Yeah, you're damn right I'm predicting an injury prone player. His migraine problems alone have caused him to miss games every season he's been in the league.

2. No, he's not. Calvin Johnson, Julio Jones, A.J. Green, Larry Fitzgerald, and Andre Johnson are all better receivers. That's 5 right there off the top of my head.

3. We can only hope
    Andre Johnson? Hmmm isnt he injury prone? and Julio Jones? Mr. Drop a lot?

Jets Insider VIP
    Andre Johnson? Hmmm isnt he injury prone? and Julio Jones? Mr. Drop a lot?
    Yeah, and possibly a future HOFer.

And you're nuts if you consider Harvin a bigger threat in the passing game than Julio Jones.

Yeah, and possibly a future HOFer.

And you're nuts if you consider Harvin a bigger threat in the passing game than Julio Jones.
    I never said that.... I said he drops quite a bit of passes. He also plays on a pass heavy elite offensive team. Compared to Harvin who plays with a subpar QB and a coach in Leslie Frazier that doesnt know how to run an offense.

love the way this guy plays but some of the people on this board are bat**** crazy for a dude who misses the majority of his games. As stated above he really isn't near a top 5 WR. A lot of things must happen to be considered a top five WR....such as playing football on Sundays to start.

Quote Originally Posted by MarkyMarkSanchez View Post
    love the way this guy plays but some of the people on this board are bat**** crazy for a dude who misses the majority of his games. As stated above he really isn't near a top 5 WR. A lot of things must happen to be considered a top five WR....such as playing football on Sundays to start.
    However Andre Johnson is a top 5 wide receiver?? The guy has been injured almost every season.

Has he shown the elite numbers yet? no...but he has the ability to do so in the right situation. Elite speed, elite route running skills and he catches everthing thrown to him.

I have no doubt he will be an elite WR and it would be awful to think of him playing in a Dolphin or Pats uniform.

If the cost is high then obviously its a no go but the guy is a great player and as for the who gets him the ball comment. I guess that means we do not draft any offense at all until we get a good QB? You can get a play maker like Harvin the ball in a lot of simple ways.

I think there is little chance of the Jets showing interest in him but the guy is what the team needs, a guy that can make a lot of big plays out of very simple plays.

Banned
    However Andre Johnson is a top 5 wide receiver?? The guy has been injured almost every season.

Has he shown the elite numbers yet? no...but he has the ability to do so in the right situation. Elite speed, elite route running skills and he catches everthing thrown to him.

I have no doubt he will be an elite WR and it would be awful to think of him playing in a Dolphin or Pats uniform.

Injured every season?

In his 10-year career, Johnson has 5 seasons where he played every game.

Here are the total number of games played when he was injured:

2005- 13
    2007- 9
    2010- 13
    2011- 7

So out of 160 games, Johnson has only missed 22 games due to injury.

Also, you don't think 1,500 yards is an elite number for a WR? Johnson has exceeded that 3 times, including last year.

He is an elite WR in the NFL.

All Pro
    I would pay him close to VJ's money because he is better than VJ. The guy is a monster playmaker on the field something the Jets sorely need after that 2012 embarrasment of an offense. He is an elite receiver and an elite runner. He would instantly improve our offense and would be a perfect fit for this team

Some of you guys on this site are insane! I really don't get it.

I would trade Cromartie for him in a package and maybe get another pick as well. Then figure out a way to sign Revis. Idzik will figure something out. Its not an impossible situation....its about being creative with the cap.
    Hey, Tanny, you were fired, remember? Go play with your dog...

Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    Injured every season?

In his 10-year career, Johnson has 5 seasons where he played every game.

Here are the total number of games played when he was injured:

2005- 13
    2007- 9
    2010- 13
    2011- 7

So out of 160 games, Johnson has only missed 22 games due to injury.

Also, you don't think 1,500 yards is an elite number for a WR? Johnson has exceeded that 3 times, including last year.

He is an elite WR in the NFL.
    Not to mention he has been opposite WRs anyone can cover almost his whole career so it has been all him.

And Revis stops more TD's than Harvin scores. Probably by a significant margin. Let Revis earn his payday by being a shutdown CB for us next year. We lose him for nothing? No we get an additional $10 mil in cap room in 2014 when we're getting cap healthy anyway so we may end up being able to resign him outright anyway.

Top 10 receivers, who can get into the end zone... never make sense.

Harvin made Ponder look like a real QB for the first half of this season, because he could make something out of every touch he got.