Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bradshaw Thinking About the Jets

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    @MMehtaNYDN: Free agent RB Ahmad Bradshaw expressed his interest in Jets this morning on @NFLNetwork.... #NYJ position on Bradshaw: Thanks, but no thanks

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    @MMehtaNYDN: Free agent RB Ahmad Bradshaw expressed his interest in Jets this morning on @NFLNetwork.... #NYJ position on Bradshaw: Thanks, but no thanks
    Poor Manish, now that Pettine is gone he has to resort to regurgitating stories that are on NFL Network.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Translation......doesn't want to sell his house.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by neonleon29 View Post
    He has to play to be an upgrade.

Better value in the draft IMO.
    Giants have a tendency to make average RB's overachieve. Look at Derrick Ward.
    Normally I'd agree but not this draft. I find it had to believe any RB from this draft will even be in the league 4 years from now. That is how weak this class is. I have been looking for an answer in this draft sense the beginning of last year and have found nothing but disappointment. Bradshaw is still young and a lot better then anything your getting in this draft. Guys like Stepfan Taylor, Ray Graham, or Montee Ball do not have Brashaws ability to be a full time starter. If healthy he is a much better option then anyone we could draft. I'd much rather see Bradshaw signed then up waste a 3rd rounder on a reach RB and anything more then that would be a complete waste.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Brian Costello ‏@BrianCoz
    A source told me the Jets would not rule out Ahmad Bradshaw but he would have to come very cheap for them to seriously consider it. #nyj

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    The guy has exactly one season where he actually carried anything resembling a full workload (i.e. over 250 carries) and in that season he fumbled 7 times. He is incredibly overrated.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    ProFootballTalk ‏@ProFootballTalk
    Report: Jets not interested in Ahmad Bradshaw http://wp.me/p14QSB-7hhX

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    it baffles me why they wouldn't even consider Bradshaw. i guess it's good football to go into a season with a 3rd year RB that didn't prove much last season in Powell and the always unreliable McKnight as your RBs. why not bring in a good veteran RB in Bradshaw.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by heymangold View Post
    it baffles me why they wouldn't even consider Bradshaw. i guess it's good football to go into a season with a 3rd year RB that didn't prove much last season in Powell and the always unreliable McKnight as your RBs. why not bring in a good veteran RB in Bradshaw.
    Maybe because his vagina is made of glass?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankeejet22 View Post
    "Hot Garbage" was a term often used to describe Powell during and after his rookie year. Where are those posters now?
    Same guys who said Bryan Thomas was garbage while he sat behind Ellis and Abraham. Same guys who told us Moore was Garbage while he was learning how to be an OG. Same guys who's telling us that Hill is garbage after his rookie season. Same guys telling us Cumberland is garbage because he makes a few mistakes.

The guys who rush to judgement because 1st yr players and UDFA don't turn into probowlers after their 1st yr in the league.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Rah_Rah_19 View Post
    The guy has exactly one season where he actually carried anything resembling a full workload (i.e. over 250 carries) and in that season he fumbled 7 times. He is incredibly overrated.
    How do you define overrated? He was just cut by the Giants and is not exactly getting a ton of interest in him. No one has ever considered him anything but an "average back." He is a serviceable and a notch above the likes of Shonn Greene. Why are some of you acting like we are planning on giving him a 4 year 50 million dollar contract?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Rah_Rah_19 View Post
    Great point, but that is a workload for a legitimate 3-down #1. Most giant fans I know like him, but was frustrated by his injuries (Feet). Would you take him for 150 carries a year to support a RBBC?

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Post Thanks / Like
    When he finds out what want to pay him he will change his mind.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Let him keep his stupid fumbles and bs attitude in general.

The Jets aren't good enough when you're a Giant, but now that you have no team it's all good... I get it.

No thanks, and please GFY.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    1 yr deal at around $1 mil otherwise no. Jets do need a 3rd down back who can catch out of the backfield and chip block. We lost Tomlinson 2012 and Tanny didn't bother to replace him.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by heymangold View Post
    Powell and McKnight are decent 1st and 2nd down backs if you give them blocking. We didn't have a 3rd down back last season who could catch out of the backfield and chip block. Bradshaw is a decent option at the right price otherwise draft a guy like Ball in rd 2 or Barner in the middle rounds.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm not sure what the market looks like for Bradshaw. I would think he'd be a cheaper and better option than Greene. Greene is an overpaid slug.

If nothing else were to happen during the offseason, I would love to see the Jets bring in established veterans along with a young buck and create a great RB competition. Greene should be cut.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    I'm not sure what the market looks like for Bradshaw. I would think he'd be a cheaper and better option than Greene. Greene is an overpaid slug.

If nothing else were to happen during the offseason, I would love to see the Jets bring in established veterans along with a young buck and create a great RB competition. Greene should be cut.
    What makes you think Greene will get more in FA? I don't see Geene making more then 2 mil next year. That is if anyone even bothers perusing him. He isn't real young and isn't coming off a very good year. No one is signing him to be a prime back.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    I would think he'd be a cheaper and better option than Greene. Greene is an overpaid slug.

This!

'm done with Green. For the right price we gotta bring him in just to help out Sanchez, the way TJ did in 09. The guy has heart, and can see him giving it his all to prove the Giants wrong. 1 million one year contract.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    Powell and McKnight are decent 1st and 2nd down backs if you give them blocking. We didn't have a 3rd down back last season who could catch out of the backfield and chip block. Bradshaw is a decent option at the right price otherwise draft a guy like Ball in rd 2 or Barner in the middle rounds.
    Depending on how the draft goes McKnight is 70% a cap casualty