Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bradshaw Thinking About the Jets

Bradshaw Thinking About the Jets

ProFootballTalk: Ahmad Bradshaw's thinking about the Jets http://t.co/LkHvD7UI

Maybe I missed it, but when did players begin picking which team they want to go to? Who says the Jets want an injury prone RB who just was released for a reason?

The fact that every media member that covers the Jets is running with a story that means absolutely nothing shows just how quiet it is over at Florham Park.
    Last edited by neonleon29; 02-12-2013 at 12:09 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Means nothing really.

Quote Originally Posted by neonleon29 View Post

Maybe I missed it, but when did players pick which team there going to? Who says the Jets want an injury prone RB who just was released for a reason?

The fact that every media member that covers the Jets is running with a story that means absolutely nothing shows just how quiet it is over at Florham Park.
    Definite upgrade from Greene if the money's right.

One reason for Sanchez's regression, imo, has been the lack of a good pass-catching back. He leaned heavily on LT in 2010. Greene is an OK between the tackles runner, but he's a liability in the passing game.

Hall Of Fame
    Of course he is open to coming to the Jets. He won't have to move. His family won't have to move. For him, signing with the Jets would only be second to re-signing with the Giants.

I want no part of his broken down ass. We are desperate for RBs but unless he is playing for vet minimum with a clause that protects the Jets if he gets hurt (a la Landry) he just isn't worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by nuu faaola View Post
    Definite upgrade from Greene if the money's right.

One reason for Sanchez's regression, imo, has been the lack of a good pass-catching back. He leaned heavily on LT in 2010. Greene is an OK between the tackles runner, but he's a liability in the passing game.
    He has to play to be an upgrade.

Better value in the draft IMO. Giants have a tendency to make average RB's overachieve. Look at Derrick Ward.

Jets Insider VIP
    No

Much rather draft someone like Stepfan Taylor or Montee Ball in the 2nd round.

All Pro
    Good player when healthy, although that's a big question mark given his injury woes.

Still, I wouldn't be opposed on a reasonable deal if he proves his health. He can run and catch - something we need in the new scheme.

An upgrade over Greene, but he's caught the injury bug. I'd rather focus on building our team up for 2014 and beyond than sign some ex-Giant who's had injury issues.

Jets Insider VIP
    The Jets will go with Powell and a draft pick at rb. Idzik is going to do this the right way.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    The Jets will go with Powell and a draft pick at rb. Idzik is going to do this the right way.
    I really saw flashes from Powell and think we should give him next season to break out.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    No

+1
    Also, Joe Randle from Oklahoma State looks like a good fit for the WCO as well.

All League
    "Hot Garbage" was a term often used to describe Powell during and after his rookie year. Where are those posters now?

Hall Of Fame
    No

Thats high for Taylor, but I love Theo Riddick for a WCO. Probably get him in the 5th.

+1

Hopefully the days of the Jets acting like the saying on the statue of liberty are over. "Give us your old, your tired, your huddled masses longing to be free."

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by neonleon29 View Post

Maybe I missed it, but when did players begin picking which team they want to go to? Who says the Jets want an injury prone RB who just was released for a reason?

he's a free agent. that means you get to pick what team you want to go to.

i'd take bradshaw in a second. he's a tough guy who played through a fractured foot basically all last season. he's better then any RB currently on this roster.

Quote Originally Posted by heymangold View Post

i'd take bradshaw in a second. he's a tough guy who played through a fractured foot basically all last season. he's better then any RB currently on this roster.
    So are a number of guys in the draft.

Don't overpay for Bradshaw when you can draft someone like Gillisee or Taylor.

Taylor, Powell, Mcknight would be more than serviceable.

Personally, if Bradshaw would come here for cheap without much guaranteed to compete for a job, i would welcome him. If he sucks, then we can cut him. He is an immediate upgrade over Greene.

Obviously, would prefer to go with someone from the draft, as others have mentioned, but we need help at Guard/LB/safety and QB so its not like we can address all those concerns in this draft. At some point we have to bring in a couple of vets to compete at some positions.

Veteran
    No

No one is saying to sign him for big money tomorrow. After the draft, if we still need a RB, it may make sense

Quote Originally Posted by heymangold View Post

actually, no you dont get to pick what team you want to go to.

You get to pick from the teams that offer you a contract, which the Jets have not.

Therefore his interest in going to the Jets is irrelevant at this point because unless the Jets want him, it doesn't matter what he wants.