Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Bradshaw Thinking About the Jets

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    What makes you think Greene will get more in FA? I don't see Geene making more then 2 mil next year. That is if anyone even bothers perusing him. He isn't real young and isn't coming off a very good year. No one is signing him to be a prime back.
    Ask me if I give a f*ck what Greene would get in FA. Who cares? Do you? I just want him off the team.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by heymangold View Post
    he's a free agent. that means you get to pick what team you want to go to.

i'd take bradshaw in a second. he's a tough guy who played through a fractured foot basically all last season. he's better then any RB currently on this roster.
    I'd take him too ... For exactly $5.00 ...

Draft a running back let this package of damaged goods pass by.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    Ask me if I give a f*ck what Greene would get in FA. Who cares? Do you? I just want him off the team.
    Greene is an unrestricted free agent. He basically is off the team. The Jets are probably going to go with a RB in the draft.

As for Bradshaw, no thanks. He's injury-prone and very overrated.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I can only hope that the Jets are not thinking about Ahmad Bradshaw. The last thing we need is a 26 year-old banged up running back. Let Powell, McKnight and a young draftee vie the the job. There's no need to pick up the Giants' oft-injured sloppy seconds. He's not a No.1 back. Let him be a No.2 elsewhere.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FreshBaked 24 7 View Post
    Depending on how the draft goes McKnight is 70% a cap casualty
    I doubt that. He is at very least a guy that fits our new OC and a good ST guy. If Kerley is returning kicks next year I'm not going to be happy. There are very few RBs in this draft that fit our needs only more of Powell like guys who suck. Give me Ray Graham or Robbie Rouse in late rounds but I'd still keep McKnight. I still feel he is the best RB talent we have. He just needs to hold onto the ball better.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    ProFootballTalk ‏@ProFootballTalk
    Ahmad Bradshaw: Giants thought games would be handed to them http://wp.me/p14QSB-7hE1

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Surprised so many are down on even the idea of Bradshaw. Yeah, the team shouldn't break the bank for him, but what's not to like about the combination of an emerging Powell with a veteran, playoff-tested (and proven) back who still has plenty of life left and is a viable runner, receiver and blocker?

I think we're too quick as fans to label players as injury-prone. Yeah he hasn't played a full season in recent years, but the guy did run for over 1,000 in 12 games last season and wouldn't be coming here to be the workhorse. If he plays all 16 in 2013, is he still "injury-prone?" Even Glazz Schilens has been available for every game the past two seasons.

I'm not sure why it's unreasonable to think he would bring a younger version of what LT brought to the table the two years he was here. A one-year deal at about a mil (w/performance incentives on top) sounds right to me, if he would bite.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    we have enough injury prone RB's

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by fltflo View Post
    I really saw flashes from Powell and think we should give him next season to break out.
    Agreed, I liked what I have seen from Powell right now I would think Powell gets the nod over greene.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Please no Bradshaw has seen his best days why can't the Jets draft one.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jets80 View Post
    Agreed, I liked what I have seen from Powell right now I would think Powell gets the nod over greene.
    This type of thinking is the reason the Jets are in the position. The fact is there are certain positions that you cannot simply rely on potential without an alternative/ back-up plan. Lamont Jordan, Shonn Greene and now Bial Powell are all examples of players who flashed enough glimpses. The first two didnít work out and I donít think weíve seen enough to have the ball off to Powell on a consistent basis.

If he was that good he would have been the starter last year. It really isnít much different than our QB situation. We were probably playing the best guy we had. Unfortunately, our starter just wasnít very good. What really makes any fan think his back is any better?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

bradshaw thinking jets

there is no way that the jets should sign bradshaw.his best days are behind him.what the jets do need.is new blood at the running back position.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FreshBaked 24 7 View Post
    Depending on how the draft goes McKnight is 70% a cap casualty
    Huh? McKnight is cheap and effective (6.0 ypc). There's about 35 other names on the roster that need to be cut b4