Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: They are who we thought they were....

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

They are who we thought they were....

A few tidbits from Andrew Perloffs article about the Jets coming off season from CNNSI.

65.6. Mark Sanchez's completion percentage not counting drops, throwaways, spikes and batted passes as attempts -- lowest in the NFL -- according to Pro Football Focus.

According to to Pro Football Focus, free-agent Shonn Greene averaged one forced missed tackle every 5.42 carries -- the worst mark in the NFL.

Blech....

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    EXTEND DEY ASS!

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well yeah but didn't you hear?

Mornhinweg is about to wave his magical wand and turn Sanchez into The Truth.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    A few tidbits from Andrew Perloffs article about the Jets coming off season from CNNSI.

65.6. Mark Sanchez's completion percentage not counting drops, throwaways, spikes and batted passes as attempts -- lowest in the NFL -- according to Pro Football Focus.

According to to Pro Football Focus, free-agent Shonn Greene averaged one forced missed tackle every 5.42 carries -- the worst mark in the NFL.

Blech....
    Could you link us to the article, buddy?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Also our oline is terrible in all ways.....oh wait the stats said otherwise and Greene couldn't find a hole if his life depended on it. (Tosses up softball for jokes.)

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetworks View Post
    Could you link us to the article, buddy?
    Here you go pal.

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Post Thanks / Like
    point?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks. Was hoping for the PFF article. I guess I'll head over there and drudge through the stats page.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Also our oline is terrible in all ways.....oh wait the stats said otherwise and Greene couldn't find a hole if his life depended on it. (Tosses up softball for jokes.)
    Ok Greene had 1063yds on 276 carries and 8 td's with a 3.9 ypc.. We both agree it was not good.. In 98 Saint Cumar had 8 td's 3.5 ypc 1287 yds on 93 more carries.. I would say in 98 the QB play plus the w/r's were better then 2012.. Can we then say they both sucked in 2012 and 1998?? Or are you too much of a Martinette to agree??

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    Ok Greene had 1063yds on 276 carries and 8 td's with a 3.9 ypc.. We both agree it was not good.. In 98 Saint Cumar had 8 td's 3.5 ypc 1287 yds on 93 more carries.. I would say in 98 the QB play plus the w/r's were better then 2012.. Can we then say they both sucked in 2012 and 1998?? Or are you too much of a Martinette to agree??
    Did Curtis break into your house and rape you or something?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    Well yeah but didn't you hear?

Mornhinweg is about to wave his magical wand and turn Sanchez into The Truth.
    Mornhinweg is no doubt getting a mulligan for the 2013 season. Woody, Rex, and John know that Sanchez is done as an NFL QB. They just can't do anything about that absurd contract extension Tanny gave him. They are going to keep him at least until the end of the 2013 season.

So they are saying the right things. Never throwing players under the bus. But there's no way Mornhinweg accepted this job without getting confirmation that no matter how much Sanchez f*cks the Jets in 2013, he will not be the fall guy.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Martin also didn't have stone hands and caught more than double the passes Greene caught last year (43 for Martin, 19 for Greene).

I would also argue that for RBs, durability is a skill. In Martin's 10 year streak of 1,000+ yards, he missed a grand total of 4 games. Explosive he was not; durable, reliable, and well-rounded he was. Greene is merely a between the tackles plodder whose best days are behind him despite the fact he's only 27.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Not a bad article.

One pet peeve I noticed in the article: They misspelled Wilkerson's first name. I know it's an extremely minor detail, but who the hell are the editors on this? A quick google search to double check the spellings takes literally no time to do. I see it far too often from reputable outlets. It's unacceptable in today's day and age.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Rexipus Rex View Post
    Martin also didn't have stone hands and caught more than double the passes Greene caught last year (43 for Martin, 19 for Greene).

I would also argue that for RBs, durability is a skill. In Martin's 10 year streak of 1,000+ yards, he missed a grand total of 4 games. Explosive he was not; durable, reliable, and well-rounded he was. Greene is merely a between the tackles plodder whose best days are behind him despite the fact he's only 27.
    Greene may not have good hands, but Sanchez threw the worst dump off passes I have ever seen, either too high, too low of waaay too hard when his RB was about 8 feet from him. I think he was overly concerned with getting picked right at the line of scrimmage which seemed to happen an awful lot 2 years ago.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Compiler.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    LOL

That 2009 draft looked great in 2009.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    Did Curtis break into your house and rape you or something?
    I think 4.0 is a good avg; 3.5 is below average; 4.5 is a superstar. Tight window and a lot depends on a lot of factors including OL.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Rexipus Rex View Post
    Not a bad article.

One pet peeve I noticed in the article: They misspelled Wilkerson's first name. I know it's an extremely minor detail, but who the hell are the editors on this? A quick google search to double check the spellings takes literally no time to do. I see it far too often from reputable outlets. It's unacceptable in today's day and age.
    I think that Hill was the 2nd round pick, not the first as stated in the article

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bcess View Post
    Greene may not have good hands, but Sanchez threw the worst dump off passes I have ever seen, either too high, too low of waaay too hard when his RB was about 8 feet from him. I think he was overly concerned with getting picked right at the line of scrimmage which seemed to happen an awful lot 2 years ago.
    I'm glad somebody else saw how bad Sanchez's passes to Greene were. I didn't see a good pass to Greene all year. I mean we are talking 5 to 10 yard passes and every one sucked. Sanchez has happy feet. Maybe he can be fixed and maybe not. Greene is best as a second back. We've seen it work .
    A fresh Greene in the 4th qtr is a player nobody wants to tackle. Also remember teams consistently had 8 in the box against the Jets because obviously they couldn't pass. Greene simply isn't a Curtis Martin but they Jets tried to make him such. Use him properly and he wins games in the 3rd and 4th qtrs. use him all game and he's average. Jets have done almost everything wrong on offense from the plays to the game plan to mis using the players to picking the wrong players and wrong coaches. Hope things have reversed is all I've got to say.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    Post Thanks / Like

Blech....
    I don't understand all the Shonn Greene hate.

Greene is a downhill runner, he is not a scat-back that jukes to make people miss.

He may not be a game changer but he has been servicable his last 2 years as the #1 RB, coming off his second straight thousand yard season with 8 TD's last season.

Greene has also only missed 2 starts the last 2 seasons.