Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ted Nugent: Treasonous *******

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

Ted Nugent: Treasonous *******

For the simple reason that I believe in free speech I don't believe he belongs in jail, even though his statements supporting armed insurrection against the US are clearly treasonous and if anyone else made them in ways he did not like this self-important, racist coward would be screeching for their incarceration. Revealing of the NRA that they'd let a raving racist insurrectionist like Nugent sit on their board or directors. I support an individual's right to own arms. But having Nugent on the NRA's board of directors is like having John Wayne Gacey on a gay rights commission.
    Last edited by BushyTheBeaver; 02-13-2013 at 02:25 AM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BushyTheBeaver View Post
    For the simple reason that I believe in free speech I don't believe he belongs in jail, even though his statements supporting armed insurrection against the US are clearly treasonous and if anyone else made them in ways he did not like this self-important, racist coward would be screeching for their incarceration. Revealing of the NRA that they'd let a raving racist insurrectionist like Nugent sit on their board or directors. I support an individual's right to own arms. But having Nugent on the NRA's board of directors is like having John Wayne Gacey on a gay rights commission.
    You need help. Lets get IJF and we can blame FOX for giving him a platform.

I got it. We'll lock up Nugent without his guitar or guns and close down FOX.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BushyTheBeaver View Post
    Nuge is the man. Thanks for the rant about make believe insurrections and imaginary racism though. It gave me a chuckle.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Uncle Ted is a patriot. Remove your buttplug relax.

Part of the idea behind the Second Amendment is so we could defend ourselves against a tyrannical gov't. But I would not expect people who worship gov't to understand that.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ted Nugent isn't relevant.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Would have been better with a link to the story with what was actually said.

As for Nugent I have never heard him say anything racist and I don't believe he ever killed anyone (unlike Ray Lewis who many on these boards talk about being great and classy) so enlikening him to Gacey is way off base.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ted Whogent? When was the last time he was relevant?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Ted Whogent? When was the last time he was relevant?
    Yeah...maybe when he posts on JI he'll get some real attention.

I was NEVER a fan of his but I respect his right to speak out strongly on this issue.

perhaps he should stand out in front of polling places and intimidate voters.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    Yeah...maybe when he posts on JI he'll get some real attention.

I was NEVER a fan of his but I respect his right to speak out strongly on this issue.

perhaps he should stand out in front of polling places and intimidate voters.
    Worked for SAR.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    You need help. Lets get IJF and we can blame FOX for giving him a platform.

I got it. We'll lock up Nugent without his guitar or guns and close down FOX.
    No Ted nugent has the right to say what he wants as long as he does not infringe on the rights of others. And Fox News has the right to put as many far-right loons as roger ailes and Rupert Murdoch see fit. Michelle Malikin, Anne coulter, Ted nugent; give em all a platform. Their credibility is already in the toilet with independents and moderates.

http://www.businessinsider.com/fox-n...#ixzz2KDLr4HNE

News corp can run their business as they like but there are repercussions (see scandal in England, election night in America, dick Morris, Karl rove). That is why fox watchers and Limbaugh drones spend days and nights talking to each other instead of reaching moderates and independents........mega dittos
    Last edited by intelligentjetsfan; 02-13-2013 at 12:43 PM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    On a side note, it's interesting to note how conservatives are always very adamant about celebrities not using their celebrity for politics. That is, unless they agree with their point of view. Then it's okay

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by intelligentjetsfan View Post
    No Ted nugent has the right to say what he wants as long as he does not infringe on the rights of others. And Fox News has the right to put as many far-right loons as roger ailes and Rupert Murdoch see fit. Michelle Malikin, Anne coulter, Ted nugent; give em all a platform. Their credibility is already in the toilet with independents and moderates.

News corp can run their business as they like but there are repercussions (see scandal in England, election night in America, dick Morris, Karl rove). That is why fox watchers and Limbaugh drones spend days and nights talking to each other instead of reaching moderates and independents........mega dittos
    I think one think all the groups you mentioned, Liberal, moderate and Conservative, can come together on and agree with is the fact that the OP's post which contained no links or factual information whatsoever and was in fact a hateful and pointless rant that has no business anywhere but the dump.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    On a side note, it's interesting to note how conservatives are always very adamant about celebrities not using their celebrity for politics. That is, unless they agree with their point of view. Then it's okay
    Actually I would say that when extremists on the left point to anyone that doesn't agree lockstep with their POV and call them racists it is something that moderates and conservatives easily see through. One of the first rules for radicals is to demonize and de-legitimize opposing opinion.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by chiefst2000 View Post
    Actually I would say that when extremists on the left point to anyone that doesn't agree lockstep with their POV and call them racists it is something that moderates and conservatives easily see through. One of the first rules for radicals is to demonize and de-legitimize opposing opinion.
    I agree except that both sides do it.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

Works for me...we are again in agreement.

BTW...just did a tax return for a LI gym teacher..... made 157K on a W2.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Works for me...we are again in agreement.

BTW...just did a tax return for a LI gym teacher..... made 157K on a W2.
    That number is exactly what I would have expected for an experienced teacher on LI. Those jobs are like gold.

Just curious but what is the dollar value of a defined benefits pension that pays out 80% of 157K starting at age 59 and extending for life. I would like that deal and since I work for a private company I need to save up for it. How much would that pension cost me?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I agree except that both sides do it.
    I was referring to the OP on this thread. One thing that is annoying about political discourse is being forced to defend "ones side". I will defend what I think and say, not what someone claims my "side" does.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    2000-2008: "Dissent is the highest form of patriotism!!!"

2009 - Present: "Dissent makes you a treasonous racist *****!!!"

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by shakin318 View Post
    2000-2008: "Dissent is the highest form of patriotism!!!"

2009 - Present: "Dissent makes you a treasonous racist *****!!!"
    2000-2008; you are unamerican to criticize the commander in chief while there are troops fighting overseas.

2009-present: dissent is the highest form of patriotism

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    If we raise minimum wage to $25 an hour...that will solve the problem.