Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Steve Weatherford

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Steve Weatherford

I never understood why they let this guy go. Well here's the answer:

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2013/02/...mike-westhoff/

The Illinois alum reiterated that he was happy to leave the Jets when he did, but said that was only the case because of Westhoff.

ďI didnít get along with Mike,Ē Weatherford said. ďMike was a really difficult person to play for. Heís a guy that kind of harped on the negative a little bit, and lifeís short, man. Iím trying to have fun. And nobody works harder than me, so you canít say anything like that. It was just difficult Ö I donít know exactly why we didnít get along, but it was a mutual parting of the ways.

ďI liked being a New York Jet, and everybody treated me well there, but I felt like there was just maybe a little lack of respect. Iím 30 years old, Iím a father of three and he just didnít treat me that way. It was frustrating because I wanted to be great for him, but he made it a very difficult workspace.Ē

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Like we give a **** now. We've got Robert "Stone" Malone. Steve Weatherfail can suck my balls.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I heard him on one of the talk radio shows. He said he felt that when a kicker was kicking well, he didn't think it was smart to bring in competition every year just for the sake of doing it.

I can see both sides of that argument. The team has every right and obligation to always try to improve every slot, but a good kicker might not appreciate it and be happy to leave for a situation where he feels more secure. Take it for what it's worth.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LIJetsFan View Post

The Illinois alum reiterated that he was happy to leave the Jets when he did, but said that was only the case because of Westhoff.

I didn’t get along with Mike,” Weatherford said. “Mike was a really difficult person to play for. He’s a guy that kind of harped on the negative a little bit, and life’s short, man. I’m trying to have fun. And nobody works harder than me, so you can’t say anything like that. It was just difficult … I don’t know exactly why we didn’t get along, but it was a mutual parting of the ways.

“I liked being a New York Jet, and everybody treated me well there, but I felt like there was just maybe a little lack of respect. I’m 30 years old, I’m a father of three and he just didn’t treat me that way. It was frustrating because I wanted to be great for him, but he made it a very difficult workspace.”
    The Tuna wasn't any walk in the park either.. I always remember Wayne nursing a ankle injury saying; I'm healed Coach I can play and the Tuna kicking him in the ankle.. Chrebet wanted to kill him..

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Boo hoo, Steve.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    This is old news. He had a terrible relationship with Westy. Westy was hard on him. Rumor is that after 2010 he told his agent that if the Jets called to not answer the phone.

I can't blame either of them. Westy's track record speaks for itself and Weatherford has turned into a good punter for the Giants. Maybe it just wasn't a good marriage. Sh!t happens.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

ďI didnít get along with Mike,Ē Weatherford said. ďMike was a really difficult person to play for. Heís a guy that kind of harped on the negative a little bit, and lifeís short, man. Iím trying to have fun. And nobody works harder than me, so you canít say anything like that. It was just difficult Ö I donít know exactly why we didnít get along, but it was a mutual parting of the ways.

ďI liked being a New York Jet, and everybody treated me well there, but I felt like there was just maybe a little lack of respect. Iím 30 years old, Iím a father of three and he just didnít treat me that way. It was frustrating because I wanted to be great for him, but he made it a very difficult workspace.Ē
    You never understood? The guy was awful.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Like we give a **** now. We've got Robert "Stone" Malone. Steve Weatherfail can suck my balls.
    +1

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

which one is it?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Weatherford has a ring, the Jets don't, he wins.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    Weatherford has a ring, the Jets don't, he wins.
    Yes, impeccable logic...

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Weatherford is a whiny *****. I remember watching Hard Knocks when he was with the Jets and the dude had so much gel in his hair in team meetings that a slapping was warranted. It's training camp and you're surrounded by big sweaty men, why the f do you need to fix up your faux-hawk?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    We won the game but do you remember how awful he was in the divisional round game vs the Pats? His inability time and time again to nail a coffin corner punt to pin the Pats inside their 5 was the only reason that game was as close as it was. I had no issue when we let him go

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Post Thanks / Like
    Loved Westy, but as a bozz you need to have a feel for who needs a good boot in the arse and who doesnt. Guess he was wrong about Weatherford.

-

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well tuff crap on him..he's gonna miss out on the SB trip to the whitehouse that Rex promised.

Oh wait........

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Lot's of folks here knock Weatherford but I trust my eyes and he was awesome during the regular season. He did choke a bit post season but you 1st and foremost need to make the post season. He was a very good regular season guy and I thought he deserved another shot.

I'm not complaining because we got lucky in finding Malone. You can't count on luck. Weatherford was an asset.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    yep.. If he couldn't play with one of the All Time greatest Special Team coaches in the NFL, he's a child. This is a job and you do your job and shut your mouth.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    Well tuff crap on him..he's gonna miss out on the SB trip to the whitehouse that Rex promised.

Oh wait........

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SDJETS View Post
    Yes, impeccable logic...
    It is, as that is the only thing that really matters overall in this game.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    +1