Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 32 of 32

Thread: Debbie Wasserman Schultz - big time liar

  1. #21
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    893
    Post Thanks / Like
    The United States of America is the most secure stable nation on the face of the planet If need be with a few of our closest allies we could tell the rest of the world where to go
    The world does not eat without this country. One day the world may not have a fresh water supply without this country. This is the same country that split the atom, put a men on the moon, just fifty years after it first put men in the air. This is the country that lit the world made the car as common as the horse it replaced

    So please don't explain economics to me I understand them much better then you could imagine. One thing everyone else must understand is,this country really could do without the rest of this world just fine. We have managed our resources as well if not better then any nation on earth. Our greatest resource, the people of this nation have never failed to rise to any challenge put in front of it. Should the world shun us , we would adapt and overcome whatever roadblock that arose.
    While I am not advocating defaulting on our debt obligations. Neither am I overly concerned about this nation printing as many dollars as we need to keep this nation the leader that it is and will continue to be far into the future.

    Never forget, the world needs America, not the other way around.

  2. #22
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    13,179
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by palmetto defender View Post
    Whoa now. Spend a lot of time on this topic.
    Coke, MCD, MRK, Exxon, AT&T, Bank of A, Intel (and most tech), Kellogg, Mondelez (Kraft),and a boatload of others have had earnings shortfalls.
    Personal debt on cards is UP. Housing is still bad.
    We has ONE month with OK trade imbalance.
    Unemployment is just peachy?
    Medical spending? Really? Who here pays for coverage for themselves and/or employees? And you bill for that is___?
    Check gas lately? Food? I do.
    The biggest problem is out of control spending. See socila programs for intergenerational parasites. Plus the newly sanctioned illegal aliens.
    I thought you were doing real well? I know my stocks and bonds have appreciated very nicely well more than the rate of inflation. My income has gone up substantially. I sold a house for less than I would have wanted but was able to buy a house at substantially less than I would have paid not to mention instead of paying cash the finance deal was so good coupled with the beefy tax advantage it was a deal to good to be true.

    So when I look around at all the doom and gloom, what I see is vibrant markets, growing balance sheets and many Americans doing very well.

    I also am dealing with a horrible family health issue. Because of Obama care my insurance company couldn't drop me. I will be able to move anywhere in the country next year and get health insurance to cover the pre-condition and the limit on expenditure has gone away, something that is extremely important when dealing with a catastophic health issue to a family member. Is Obama care perfect, I don't think it's even good but the lack of protection that was in place and the Republican lack of a reasonable alternative plan was far worse.

    Over all the opportunity for my family and our extended family has been extremely good over decades and continues to be extremely good.

    All the crying about those who have less taking more services hasn't really reduced my ability or those of many people I know to improve their own personal economic condition.

    So when I hear all the crying especially from you and Chiefs, guys who are doing at least as well as me if not better, I'm not particularly moved to see all the doom and gloom. The glass is never full and never empty and opportunity to suceed is all around us.

  3. #23
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    4,850
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Winstonbiggs View Post
    I thought you were doing real well? I know my stocks and bonds have appreciated very nicely well more than the rate of inflation. My income has gone up substantially. I sold a house for less than I would have wanted but was able to buy a house at substantially less than I would have paid not to mention instead of paying cash the finance deal was so good coupled with the beefy tax advantage it was a deal to good to be true.

    So when I look around at all the doom and gloom, what I see is vibrant markets, growing balance sheets and many Americans doing very well.

    I also am dealing with a horrible family health issue. Because of Obama care my insurance company couldn't drop me. I will be able to move anywhere in the country next year and get health insurance to cover the pre-condition and the limit on expenditure has gone away, something that is extremely important when dealing with a catastophic health issue to a family member. Is Obama care perfect, I don't think it's even good but the lack of protection that was in place and the Republican lack of a reasonable alternative plan was far worse.

    Over all the opportunity for my family and our extended family has been extremely good over decades and continues to be extremely good.

    All the crying about those who have less taking more services hasn't really reduced my ability or those of many people I know to improve their own personal economic condition.

    So when I hear all the crying especially from you and Chiefs, guys who are doing at least as well as me if not better, I'm not particularly moved to see all the doom and gloom. The glass is never full and never empty and opportunity to suceed is all around us.


    I do very well. In truth, I accumulate securities - these days only stocks. I have not sold anything in over 7 years.
    I track to buy. My income is solely dividends from stocks and bonds. I follow day to day fluctuations but no big deal except if I'm buying.
    Sure I'm fine and will never be of need. Nor my children. BUT, I resent parasites. I started with little except parent demanded academic effort and the luck to be a good athlete. I earned what I have. Those that do not EARN have little regard for what they are GIVEN by their lordly masters.

    BTW, certain elements of Obamacare are not terrible. Nobody should be dropped from insurance because of illness. And if a child is born with a problem, that preexisting condition should be covered under a family plan.
    But it is the individual's responsibility to have coverage. And coverage to age 26? Please. The kid should get a job.

  4. #24
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    LI
    Posts
    19,638
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Winstonbiggs View Post
    Corporate profits have been very good. Corporate balance sheets are excellent, personal debt is down and the US trade imbalance is starting to improve. On top of that medical spending is growing at a much lower rate then forecasted which is a net positive on Government debt and corporate obligations to employee's. Our obligations in AG are starting to wind down.

    The biggest threat to our economy right now is sequestration and a massive cut in government spending.
    Everything I've read on several places completely contradict your post. COMPLETELY. wtf

  5. #25
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    LI
    Posts
    19,638
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by fltflo View Post

    So please don't explain economics to me I understand them much better then you could imagine.
    I don't think that you do. - Jerry Seinfeld


  6. #26
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    13,179
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by quantum View Post
    Everything I've read on several places completely contradict your post. COMPLETELY. wtf
    Take a look at the markets and housing. Free markets are functioning very well and generally rising. Doom and gloom sells papers, making money and doing well financially takes muddling throught the noise.

  7. #27
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    13,324
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by fltflo View Post
    The United States of America is the most secure stable nation on the face of the planet If need be with a few of our closest allies we could tell the rest of the world where to go
    The world does not eat without this country. One day the world may not have a fresh water supply without this country. This is the same country that split the atom, put a men on the moon, just fifty years after it first put men in the air. This is the country that lit the world made the car as common as the horse it replaced

    So please don't explain economics to me I understand them much better then you could imagine. One thing everyone else must understand is,this country really could do without the rest of this world just fine. We have managed our resources as well if not better then any nation on earth. Our greatest resource, the people of this nation have never failed to rise to any challenge put in front of it. Should the world shun us , we would adapt and overcome whatever roadblock that arose.
    While I am not advocating defaulting on our debt obligations. Neither am I overly concerned about this nation printing as many dollars as we need to keep this nation the leader that it is and will continue to be far into the future.

    Never forget, the world needs America, not the other way around.
    One of the funnier posts here in a while.

    Son, your "understanding" of economics is so backwards that no one on either side of the aisle would be in your corner. To start, there's simply no questioning the increasingly global economy. It snowballs from there.

    You might also want to think about what made America's people its greatest resource in the past and how policy and culture are changing that and putting obstacles in the way.
    Last edited by JetPotato; 02-15-2013 at 10:38 AM.

  8. #28
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    18,251
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetPotato View Post
    One of the funnier posts here in a while.

    Son, your "understanding" of economics is so backwards that no one on either side of the aisle would be in your corner. To start, there's simply no questioning the increasingly global economy. It snowballs from there.

    You might also want to think about what made America's people its greatest resource in the past and how policy and culture are changing that and putting obstacles in the way.
    Agreed. When economies in Europe and Asia suffer..our markets fall. But heck...some want to believe we dont need the rest of the world. Utter nonsense in this global economy.

  9. #29
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    LI
    Posts
    19,638
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Winstonbiggs View Post
    Take a look at the markets and housing. Free markets are functioning very well and generally rising. Doom and gloom sells papers, making money and doing well financially takes muddling throught the noise.
    local news + housing sales dispute what you are saying on Long Island. I don't know that else to tell you.

  10. #30
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    14,375
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by quantum View Post
    local news + housing sales dispute what you are saying on Long Island. I don't know that else to tell you.
    Thank god the rest of the country isn't like LI.

  11. #31
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    13,179
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by quantum View Post
    local news + housing sales dispute what you are saying on Long Island. I don't know that else to tell you.
    Having lived on LI for a good part of my life falling prices of houses in an area that had among the highest prices for the least amenities seems like the markets doing exactly what they should be doing.

    Value gets rewarded and LI stopped being a value about 20 years ago. Even the Jets bailed on LI.
    Last edited by Winstonbiggs; 02-20-2013 at 08:20 AM.

  12. #32
    All League
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    4,744
    Post Thanks / Like
    Years bach when my brother moved to Deer Park it was a nice place to live. But now it is beyond crowded, expensive and on and on. BTW the Jets have been bailing for decades.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us