Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 32

Thread: Debbie Wasserman Schultz - big time liar

  1. #1
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    LI
    Posts
    20,375

    Debbie Wasserman Schultz - big time liar

    Poor ole Deb - not her fault really: her whole sleazy party does it, along with all their toadie followers....


    http://shark-tank.net/2013/02/12/was...anscript-text/


    The Washington Examiner’s Susan Ferrechio has caught DNC Chairwwoman Debbie Wasserman Schultz in a bold-faced deception, reporting that Wasserman Schultz participated in a conference call under false pretenses with fellow Congressman Chris Van Hollen and a woman by the name of Annette Capella, a individual that party officials simply identified as a “Medicare recipient from Florida.”

    From the Washington Examiner report-

    In a conference call Monday, Wasserman Schultz enlisted the help of Annette Capella, described by party officials as a “Medicare recipient from Florida,” to warn of the “extreme budget priorities,” they believe Rubio is likely to outline in his televised response to President Obama’s address.

    Capella gave a lengthy and unflattering statement about Rubio, a U.S. senator from Florida and Tea Party favorite. She admitted he is an attractive politician but one who would make life more difficult for seniors by supporting a plan to alter Medicare by reducing benefits.

    It turns out, however, that Capella is hardly your standard Medicare-dependent Floridian. She’s the Democratic Party’s state committeewoman for St. Johns County.

    The truth was uncovered when the call was opened up to questions. The first query came from a Palm Beach Post reporter, who asked Wasserman Schultz if Capella was the same person listed as the head of the St. Johns Democratic Party.

    It was Palm Beach Post reporter George Bennett who asked Capella if she was the very same St. John’s Democratic Party Chairwoman that is listed as being the head of the organization. Capella said that she stepped down from that post and is now the party’s state committeewoman- how convenient.

    Wasserman Schultz was likely hoping to get through the press event standing in solidarity with a “Medicare recipient” rather than with a fellow party official- does anyone out there think that Wasserman Schultz was eventually going to identify Capella as a Democrat state committeewoman?

    But it gets worse for Wasserman Schultz and the DNC- both of whom are actively trying to preempt and undermine Senator Marco Rubio’s response to Obama’s State of the Union address.

    It appears that the DNC has omitted key portions of Capella’s statement from their official transcript of the call that featured both Wasserman Schultz and Van Hollen.

    Here is the ending of Capella’s statement (also part of the official transcript) that can also be heard on audio link-

    We know our country needs to deal with our national debt and the budget deficit- we’re very much aware of budgeting- we’ve done that most of our lives. But we must do so in a balanced manner at the federal level- we cannot do it on the backs of senior citizens as Republicans like Marco Rubio have proposed.

    Social Security and Medicare are a sacred trust between the government and the American people. They are our promise- and they are promised to us- to our seniors that we can live our golden years free from the fear of poverty or an illness that causes bankruptcy. It allows us to live with the dignity and respect we have earned after a lifetime of hard work.

    But the DNC didn’t publish the following statements by Capella in their official transcript of the event where she refers to Rubio as a “liar” –

    Senator Rubio is youthful, attractive, and an engaging speaker. I’ve had the opportunity to hear him, personally. He is a family man and a son of Cuban immigrants. However, he speaks very nicely but I found that his voting record, he lies what he says.

    So tomorrow night I will listen closely to what Senator Rubio has to say. As his constituent I sincerely hope he decides that America’s seniors are more important than Tea Party politics or protecting generous tax loopholes for Donald Trump and Big Oil.

    How convenient for the DNC to leave out the contentious part of Capella’s remarks assuming that they’d get away with it.

  2. #2
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    19,761

    Medusa


  3. #3
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    18,382
    She really is a mess and a poster child child for the NEO left.

  4. #4
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    The depths of Despair.
    Posts
    39,968
    I watched the Media gleefully report on SOcial media and tweeted comments about Rubio reaching for a sip of water...as fargin News today.

    Nary a mention of substance... or the merits of his rebuttal.

    Why would this surprise me.



    This country is so ****ed.

    -

  5. #5
    All League
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    East of the Jordan, West of the Rock of Gibraltar
    Posts
    4,784
    Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    I watched the Media gleefully report on SOcial media and tweeted comments about Rubio reaching for a sip of water...as fargin News today.

    Nary a mention of substance... or the merits of his rebuttal.

    Why would this surprise me.



    This country is so ****ed.

    -
    C'mon

    The speech was the same old GOP boilerplate used by Romney and Republican Party for years.

    “…Cut taxes and then the ‘Job creators’ will create jobs…” Meanwhile in reality the DOW is at 14k, the fortune 500 has trillions in CASH and no jobs…

  6. #6
    You are all lemmings following both these idiot parties who keep you and the rest of the country at each other throats, while picking your pockets of every last penny for the ultra rich of this nation.
    Our founding fathers have been spinning in there graves for the last 50 years over the direction and leadership in this country.
    No one in Washington gives a damn about you or this country. All they care about is looking good and proving one is better then the other, when they are both the same, useless !!!
    The art of compromise is dead and the age of looking out for the best interest of the American people died with it.

  7. #7
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    The depths of Despair.
    Posts
    39,968
    Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    C'mon

    The speech was the same old GOP boilerplate used by Romney and Republican Party for years.

    “…Cut taxes and then the ‘Job creators’ will create jobs…” Meanwhile in reality the DOW is at 14k, the fortune 500 has trillions in CASH and no jobs…
    Lol perfect. I couldnt have scripted this response better if I wanted to prove my point. Its ok, because I dont like his politics. Ignore the message, ridicule the messenger...because you dont agree with the message.

    -

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    C'mon

    The speech was the same old GOP boilerplate used by Romney and Republican Party for years.

    “…Cut taxes and then the ‘Job creators’ will create jobs…” Meanwhile in reality the DOW is at 14k, the fortune 500 has trillions in CASH and no jobs…
    I actually feel bad for Rubio, the GOP is putting him in a very difficult position, they NEED him to save their party's future. Just like Obama, Rubio is being rushed to the front and is being put in an unfair position. I like Rubio and hopefully the GOP will let him be who is and not who they want him to be. Christie has been able to evolve because the GOP has not able to control him.

  9. #9
    Schultz has become the Democratic version of Spiro Agnew. Hopefully her career will have the same trajectory.

  10. #10
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    49,999
    Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    Lol perfect. I couldnt have scripted this response better if I wanted to prove my point. Its ok, because I dont like his politics. Ignore the message, ridicule the messenger...because you dont agree with the message.

    -
    You both play your parts nicely.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    C'mon

    The speech was the same old GOP boilerplate used by Romney and Republican Party for years.

    “…Cut taxes and then the ‘Job creators’ will create jobs…” Meanwhile in reality the DOW is at 14k, the fortune 500 has trillions in CASH and no jobs…



    The stock market is merely a gambling parlor. Period. Reports for FY2012 and 4th quarter are poor, BTW.
    Unemployment is higher than at ant time in many years (other than the Obama admin). More people out of work than since before WWII.
    Housing is a mess - still. And the debt is exploding. Obama will have contributed more in 4.5 (by far) than Bush in 8.
    But we have gays in the miliitary, gay marriage, women in combat. And green energy ( a major racket).

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by palmetto defender View Post
    The stock market is merely a gambling parlor. Period. Reports for FY2012 and 4th quarter are poor, BTW.
    Unemployment is higher than at ant time in many years (other than the Obama admin). More people out of work than since before WWII.
    Housing is a mess - still. And the debt is exploding. Obama will have contributed more in 4.5 (by far) than Bush in 8.
    But we have gays in the miliitary, gay marriage, women in combat. And green energy ( a major racket).
    Corporate profits have been very good. Corporate balance sheets are excellent, personal debt is down and the US trade imbalance is starting to improve. On top of that medical spending is growing at a much lower rate then forecasted which is a net positive on Government debt and corporate obligations to employee's. Our obligations in AG are starting to wind down.

    The biggest threat to our economy right now is sequestration and a massive cut in government spending.

  13. #13
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    18,382
    Quote Originally Posted by Winstonbiggs View Post
    Corporate profits have been very good. Corporate balance sheets are excellent, personal debt is down and the US trade imbalance is starting to improve. On top of that medical spending is growing at a much lower rate then forecasted which is a net positive on Government debt and corporate obligations to employee's. Our obligations in AG are starting to wind down.

    The biggest threat to our economy right now is sequestration and a massive cut in government spending.
    Link on the personal debt piece por favor?

    Also... Govt spending needs to drop ..A LOT. It crowds out real private investment.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Winstonbiggs View Post
    Corporate profits have been very good. Corporate balance sheets are excellent, personal debt is down and the US trade imbalance is starting to improve. On top of that medical spending is growing at a much lower rate then forecasted which is a net positive on Government debt and corporate obligations to employee's. Our obligations in AG are starting to wind down.

    The biggest threat to our economy right now is sequestration and a massive cut in government spending.

    Whoa now. Spend a lot of time on this topic.
    Coke, MCD, MRK, Exxon, AT&T, Bank of A, Intel (and most tech), Kellogg, Mondelez (Kraft),and a boatload of others have had earnings shortfalls.
    Personal debt on cards is UP. Housing is still bad.
    We has ONE month with OK trade imbalance.
    Unemployment is just peachy?
    Medical spending? Really? Who here pays for coverage for themselves and/or employees? And you bill for that is___?
    Check gas lately? Food? I do.
    The biggest problem is out of control spending. See socila programs for intergenerational parasites. Plus the newly sanctioned illegal aliens.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Winstonbiggs View Post
    Corporate profits have been very good. Corporate balance sheets are excellent, personal debt is down and the US trade imbalance is starting to improve. On top of that medical spending is growing at a much lower rate then forecasted which is a net positive on Government debt and corporate obligations to employee's. Our obligations in AG are starting to wind down.

    The biggest threat to our economy right now is sequestration and a massive cut in government spending.
    So you aren't concerned about massive debt paired with exponentially exploding entitlement obligations over the next 10 years? Your contention is that (this is grand) cutting the rate of growth of the military budget is going to tank the economy?

    The Ironing of the fact that in this backwards political reality liberals are fighting against cuts to the military is too much to ignore. Are they so averse to any spending cuts whatsoever that even the military budget is untouchable.

    To me the biggest threat to the country right now are politicians that keep spending money endlessly. People that think that 17 trillion ib debt is no big deal are much more dangerous than any foreign power out there.

  16. #16
    I have to ask all you folks who are so worried about the debt the US is racking up. What do you think is going to happen, China is going to call in the note, and when we tell them what every country has been telling us for 100 years, "sorry cant pay it" what are they going to do ?????
    Do you believe everyone is going to abandon the US and start investing in Russia or some African nation ? Because I am here to tell you, if they do, it would be a huge benefit to this country. Its about time the rest of the world started taking care of the United States because without us, China would be speaking Japanese, Europe would be the on the fifth reich and much of the rest of the world would still be living in the 16th century.

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by fltflo View Post
    I have to ask all you folks who are so worried about the debt the US is racking up. What do you think is going to happen, China is going to call in the note, and when we tell them what every country has been telling us for 100 years, "sorry cant pay it" what are they going to do ?????
    Do you believe everyone is going to abandon the US and start investing in Russia or some African nation ? Because I am here to tell you, if they do, it would be a huge benefit to this country. Its about time the rest of the world started taking care of the United States because without us, China would be speaking Japanese, Europe would be the on the fifth reich and much of the rest of the world would still be living in the 16th century.
    Am I worried about someone calling in their note? No. Why not? Because we can simply mint some trillion dollar coins and wipe out the existing debt in one fell swoop. Essentially the debt translates to hyper inflation plain and simple. This is not some wild theory it is the only course of action for a country with a debt level that is beyond the level which could ever be paid back or retired. It starts when we pay more and more of the budget out to cover interest expense. We lose the ability to effect monetary policy because the cost of a rise in Federal Reserve interest rates would literally crush the federal budget. This inflation will hurt middle class Americans through significantly higher prices for goods and energy as well as and perhaps worst of all for Seniors or anyone that has savings. Basically everyone that isn't a real estate mogul will be hurt by rising prices and stagnation in the economy. Unemployment will remain high and taxes across the board and particularly in cities and towns. Essentially the debt bubble that is building will lead to years of economic pain that will basically screw over the prospects of a generation of Americans.

  18. #18
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    18,382
    Quote Originally Posted by fltflo View Post
    I have to ask all you folks who are so worried about the debt the US is racking up. What do you think is going to happen, China is going to call in the note, and when we tell them what every country has been telling us for 100 years, "sorry cant pay it" what are they going to do ?????
    Do you believe everyone is going to abandon the US and start investing in Russia or some African nation ? Because I am here to tell you, if they do, it would be a huge benefit to this country. Its about time the rest of the world started taking care of the United States because without us, China would be speaking Japanese, Europe would be the on the fifth reich and much of the rest of the world would still be living in the 16th century.
    Have you ever studied economics? YES..at some point countries will stop lending. What is that point? Not sure but it will soon happen in California.

    Call in notes...no T-obligations are not callable buy the buyer. BUT if we continue on this path... they simply wont buy new issues. Its a process.

  19. #19
    Since 2008 there have been a lot of hyper inflation stories, gee who got elected in 2008? Coincidence?


    Quote Originally Posted by chiefst2000 View Post
    Am I worried about someone calling in their note? No. Why not? Because we can simply mint some trillion dollar coins and wipe out the existing debt in one fell swoop. Essentially the debt translates to hyper inflation plain and simple. This is not some wild theory it is the only course of action for a country with a debt level that is beyond the level which could ever be paid back or retired. It starts when we pay more and more of the budget out to cover interest expense. We lose the ability to effect monetary policy because the cost of a rise in Federal Reserve interest rates would literally crush the federal budget. This inflation will hurt middle class Americans through significantly higher prices for goods and energy as well as and perhaps worst of all for Seniors or anyone that has savings. Basically everyone that isn't a real estate mogul will be hurt by rising prices and stagnation in the economy. Unemployment will remain high and taxes across the board and particularly in cities and towns. Essentially the debt bubble that is building will lead to years of economic pain that will basically screw over the prospects of a generation of Americans.

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by chiefst2000 View Post
    So you aren't concerned about massive debt paired with exponentially exploding entitlement obligations over the next 10 years? Your contention is that (this is grand) cutting the rate of growth of the military budget is going to tank the economy?

    The Ironing of the fact that in this backwards political reality liberals are fighting against cuts to the military is too much to ignore. Are they so averse to any spending cuts whatsoever that even the military budget is untouchable.

    To me the biggest threat to the country right now are politicians that keep spending money endlessly. People that think that 17 trillion ib debt is no big deal are much more dangerous than any foreign power out there.
    We should be concerned about the size of the debt but that doesn't mean you do a massive slow down in spending during a period of slow economic growth and historically cheap borrowing costs. That's simply the wrong approach.

    As you well know I'm a supporert of Simpson Bowles but I also support more spending on infrastructure during periods of economic weakness like we are in now. It's not an all or nothing approach and while I disagree with much of the Presidents priorities, the Republican call for lower spending simply lack any cred. They don't support cutting spending never had and never will if they actually get power back.

    Jobs are improving, housing is improving, health care costs are moderating and debt is cheap on any historical basis. We need a long term deal and it needs to include both spending cuts and taxes. The public has clearly bought into that.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us