Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The infamous Dr Ben Carson's speech

Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    I dont even know what the thread is about. I haven't watched FOX in weeks and the other stations haven't shown this clip. What am I missing?
    Nothin really.

Quote Originally Posted by Tucker134 View Post
    that's def what made it more special...a brother w street cred dissing the half white metrosexual who ties himself to "the cause"
    Obama's a cornball brother AMIRITE?

"Street cred"?...this is what we want from a POTUS now?

Quote Originally Posted by chiefst2000 View Post
    Yes its HIGHLARIOUS when conservatives tout a black conservative. I mean it's not like the liberals constantly accuse conservatives of being racist or having a racist ideology or anything. Right? Also its not like racist, Misogynist liberals (see Alec Baldwin and Bill Maher) walk around feeling like they are immune to the PC police because they voted for Obama.
    Carson has stated he is a independent and a Seventh Adventist.

I dont even know what the thread is about. I haven't watched FOX in weeks and the other stations haven't shown this clip. What am I missing?
    I haven't watched the clip but apparently during a Christian luncheon of some sort which Obama attended an African American Doctor gave a Bill Cosby type speech about the importance of family and self reliance etc. Twitter sphere initially lit up with Uncle Tom type slurs. Then Conservatives jump to his defense.

I haven't watched the clip but apparently during a Christian luncheon of some sort which Obama attended an African American Doctor gave a Bill Cosby type speech about the importance of family and self reliance etc. Twitter sphere initially lit up with Uncle Tom type slurs. Then Conservatives jump to his defense.
    I'm not on Twitter. I do not understand the Uncle Tom reference, the man is a great guy. I also don't get why Obama should be offended by this guy stating the obvious. It's always easy to be on the outside looking in.

Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
    it IS HILARIOUS.

"We can't beat the Dems with policy....hey I know, lets find out OWN black guy...or Latino...I mean we must have one or two we can trot out right? Of course we don't want them to actually be given any power...but we can always point at them and say they are one of us!"

Its so transparent.
    Sadly in this Allinsky world of discrediting the messenger and outrageous accusations of racism etc. Where reporters on NBC news refer to any criticism of Obama's policies as N word ization of Obama the race of the messenger matters. Its a sad reality of the world we live in. An opportunity message presented by Rubio alongside a story of poor immigrant parents working hard to achieve a better life for their children comes off more authentic than Romneys child of wealth story. After the water sip in his speech Rubio had a part about why he isn't about helping rich people. He still lives in a middle class neighborhood and just finished paying off his student loans. It was an authentic counter to the left wing BS narrative about conservatives trying to help the 1%.

On the real I'm not sure why you believe the second part of your statement. That initself is the perfect example of the baseless accusation of racism so rampant among people of your ideology. Sad really and I would have though better of you whom I consider (when your not being purposefully snarky) to be one of the more reasonable liberals here.

Quote Originally Posted by cr726 View Post
    I'm not on Twitter. I do not understand the Uncle Tom reference, the man is a great guy. I also don't get why Obama should be offended by this guy stating the obvious. It's always easy to be on the outside looking in.
    I don't get it either so join the club. That said whenever an African American promotes a political ideology that is not in line with modern liberalism they get attacked viciously by the left. They did the same stuff to Clarence Thomas, Herman Cain and Condi Rice.

Sadly in this Allinsky world of discrediting the messenger and outrageous accusations of racism etc. Where reporters on NBC news refer to any criticism of Obama's policies as N word ization of Obama the race of the messenger matters. Its a sad reality of the world we live in. An opportunity message presented by Rubio alongside a story of poor immigrant parents working hard to achieve a better life for their children comes off more authentic than Romneys child of wealth story. After the water sip in his speech Rubio had a part about why he isn't about helping rich people. He still lives in a middle class neighborhood and just finished paying off his student loans. It was an authentic counter to the left wing BS narrative about conservatives trying to help the 1%.

On the real I'm not sure why you believe the second part of your statement. That initself is the perfect example of the baseless accusation of racism so rampant among people of your ideology. Sad really and I would have though better of you whom I consider (when your not being purposefully snarky) to be one of the more reasonable liberals here.
    The GOP lost the election because of the Hispanic vote...so who gives the State of the Union response? If that not transparent I don't know what is.

The GOP wouldn't have given Rubio the time of day if Romney had won the election. It's marketing. Until the GOP talks about changing policy rather than just who they run up to the TV monitor, its a joke.

And before anyone chimes in...I don't expect anything diff from the Dem either.

I was kidding. I saw the clip on FOX Sunday. My point is I am sure it got minimal play outside of FOX.

God forbid someone who grows up poor like me or the good Dr talk about the delitirious effects of Food stamps, welfare and single parenthood.

All 3 of which I am a 1st hand expert.

For the record..the gov't has a role. Without a free lunch...I had no meal many days and I am grateful. I went to college almost entirely on a PELL grant. Now I pay almost 100K in tax every year. That is my thank you.

The GOP lost the election because of the Hispanic vote...so who gives the State of the Union response? If that not transparent I don't know what is.

The GOP wouldn't have given Rubio the time of day if Romney had won the election. It's marketing. Until the GOP talks about changing policy rather than just who they run up to the TV monitor, its a joke.

Disagree. Rubio has been a rising star in the GOP for a multitude of reasons and this was well before the election. Also I don't think most people vote on policy. For you to say that this is a "joke" is a bit ridiculous. The Democrats ran Kerry for PRez and that rich white guy lost to a weakened and Vulnerable Bush. So they then changed course and put up an African American with the same message and he won. Its the ugly side of politics but the truth is that the message and policy are at the bottom of the list as far as who people vote for and why.

The democrats love illegals, easy votes! Rubio gave a good policy speech but Obama wants it his way PERIOD.

I don't get it either so join the club. That said whenever an African American promotes a political ideology that is not in line with modern liberalism they get attacked viciously by the left. They did the same stuff to Clarence Thomas, Herman Cain and Condi Rice.
    Putting Herman Cain in the same category as Rice and Thomas is an insult to them.

Putting Herman Cain in the same category as Rice and Thomas is an insult to them.
    Uh, oh. Crap. Now I am agreeing with a thought of YOURS. Trouble in River City.

They are all conservative and successful African Americans that get attacked by the left for being "uncle Tom's" or race traitors. I wasn't trying to evaluate their accomplishments. Obviously Sec of State and Supreme Court Justice are more prestigious than CEO.

They are all conservative and successful African Americans that get attacked by the left for being "uncle Tom's" or race traitors. I wasn't trying to evaluate their accomplishments. Obviously Sec of State and Supreme Court Justice are more prestigious than CEO.
    Herman Cain was and is his own biggest problem.

Jets Insider VIP
    I always find it funny when conservatives get all excited and want to shout from the rooftops....LOOK WE HAVE A BLACK GUY!!!!

If Carson was white this never makes it to YouTube.
    For your information Dootbrain, the reason I posted this was because libtards in the media have attacked Carson for being inappropriate, being an Uncle Tom, etc.

There are many people of color that are Conservative, but the media always turns the cameras off so as not to show them.

The "infamous" in the title was meant to be sarcastic.

Quote Originally Posted by quantum View Post
    For your information Dootbrain, the reason I posted this was because libtards in the media have attacked Carson for being inappropriate, being an Uncle Tom, etc.
    It was innappropriate because it was a traditionally nonpolitical event.

I missed anyone calling him an Uncle Tom.

It was innappropriate because it was a traditionally nonpolitical event.

I missed anyone calling him an Uncle Tom.
    Interestingly..you brought up the fact that he was black.

The color blind left always seem to find the race angle.

The reason this has the legs, IMO, is because it was done in front of the president. Rarely does the president put himself in a position to be embarassed. Joe the Plumber got as much if not more press for the same reason.

Joe the plumber was then chased by the media looking for any way to discredit him.

Not trying to be argumentative...just another view point.

Too bad Joe the Plumber wasn't honest.

The reason this has the legs, IMO, is because it was done in front of the president. Rarely does the president put himself in a position to be embarassed. Joe the Plumber got as much if not more press for the same reason.

Joe the plumber was then chased by the media looking for any way to discredit him.

I brought up he fact that he was black? Read the OP....and posts about "street cred"....and "Uncle Tom."