Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dustin Keller makes sense for Bills, Dolphins

Meh, either way. He isn't good enough at blocking to offset his mediocrity at pass catching/making big plays. If he is gone next year, no one will miss him.

All Pro
    Typical SOJF fantasy/projection, Jets discards coming back to have big games against their old team.

Rookie
    PFF rates Keller as 23rd best FA TE. I know numbers aren't the end all and be all but for Pete's sake he's 19 places below Ben Hartsock. Bye bye Dustin. Have a nice life.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blo...nt-tight-ends/

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by LIJetsFan View Post
    PFF rates Keller as 23rd best FA TE. I know numbers aren't the end all and be all but for Pete's sake he's 19 places below Ben Hartsock. Bye bye Dustin. Have a nice life.

I am hardly a huge Keller fan but that list is a joke. There are some guys ranked ahead of Keller that only played 20-30 snaps and some that didnt even play at all.

Bewildered Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    In the right spread offense, Keller will be an above average TE based on his receiving skills.

No team is going to sign him for his blocking ability.
    Bingo; he won't make anyone forget about Aaron Hernandez; and he's only 6'3". I see amazing TE play now and there has to be better choices.

Quote Originally Posted by LIJetsFan View Post

Yeah, that list is ridiculous. He was injured and playing with a QB that dragged down his value. My guess, wherever he goes, he has close to 1,000 yards and 8+ TDs.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Batmans A Scientist View Post
    Yeah, that list is ridiculous. He was injured and playing with a QB that dragged down his value. My guess, wherever he goes, he has close to 1,000 yards and 8+ TDs.
    I don't know who you were watching but when he played in 2012 he didn't pass my eyeball test. Can't block, can't get YAC, please!

Rather have a physical tight end, like Fasano anyway.

He makes sense for the falcons, Gonzo retired, they have the need and the qb to get him the ball. I can see him going there on a 1 year deal to position himself for FA in 2014

Quote Originally Posted by jetsfan920 View Post
    Rather have a physical tight end, like Fasano anyway.
    +100

Fasano is a way better blocker than Keller. Not as a good receiver but not terrible either (5 tds receiving last yr, 41 catches). Cumby will be the receiving TE anyway.
    Last edited by detjetsfan; 02-14-2013 at 10:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    In the right spread offense, Keller will be an above average TE based on his receiving skills.

No team is going to sign him for his blocking ability.
    He couldn't even stay on the field last year. What happens when he goes to the Falcons & gets hammered as a "go to TE"