Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dustin Keller makes sense for Bills, Dolphins

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Dustin Keller makes sense for Bills, Dolphins

I am nearly sure someone has written about this by now, but I must have missed it. Keller, according to most, is unlikely to be resigned by the Jets. The Dolphins and Bills could both use an upgrade at TE in the passing game. Granted, Scott Chandler is somewhat useful as a big target. Keller is by no means a big ticket free agent but he can definitely play, knows the division, and would certainly like to stick it to his old team if they let him walk.

Mod Friend to JI Legends
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RoadFan View Post
    I am nearly sure someone has written about this by now, but I must have missed it. Keller, according to most, is unlikely to be resigned by the Jets. The Dolphins and Bills could both use an upgrade at TE in the passing game. Granted, Scott Chandler is somewhat useful as a big target. Keller is by no means a big ticket free agent but he can definitely play, knows the division, and would certainly like to stick it to his old team if they let him walk.
    Tell Dusty that he's finally going to have an offense! wtf

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Keller has played 5 years, we have seen everything he has to offer.

Looking forward to having some new TEs this year.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I view Miami as his strongest suitor in FA, which is why I don't want to see him go. Miami has plenty of cap room and has been looking a seam-stretching TE like Keller for years and years. It makes sense.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have no problem with keeping Keller for a reaosnable price.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RaoulDuke View Post
    I have no problem with keeping Keller for a reaosnable price.
    Do you seriously think Keller is going to give the Jets some sort of hometown discount so he can stay with the 30th ranked offense in the NFL?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    zzzzz....

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    Do you seriously think Keller is going to give the Jets some sort of hometown discount so he can stay with the 30th ranked offense in the NFL?
    In hometown discount you assume he can command big bucks on the open market.

He's a solid NFL starter. That's it. Would maybe a Pro Bowler if Brady was his QB, but he ain't.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Your questions are in the form of douchery.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RaoulDuke View Post
    In hometown discount you assume he can command big bucks on the open market.

He's a solid NFL starter. That's it. Would maybe a Pro Bowler if Brady was his QB, but he ain't.
    Keller will be considered a mid-level FA and no team is going to break the bank on him.

But some team out there with a need for a receiving TE will offer Keller alot more money than the Jets are willing/capable of paying.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Keller will be considered a mid-level FA and no team is going to break the bank on him.

But some team out there with a need for a receiving TE will offer Keller alot more money than the Jets are willing/capable of paying.
    Coming off a so-so season, with injuries and an inconsistent carreer overall...it will be interesting to see the offers he gets.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Keller doesn't deserve a big contract!
    He can't block & doesn't break any tackles thus he's a glorified, slow WR.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dustin Keller is not a top tier FA. There will be demand for him, that's for sure. But it isn't like Tony Gonzalez in his prime.

Dustin Keller is a second tier FA.

I would love for the Jets to resign Keller as he was always very important to our team. Normally, when he caught passes the Jets almost always won.

So I would love have Keller back. The Jets GM just can't go crazy overvaluing Keller like Tanny did so many times in the past.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Have at him, inconsistent hands, **** blocking and all.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetster View Post
    Keller doesn't deserve a big contract!
    He can't block & doesn't break any tackles thus he's a glorified, slow WR.
    In the right spread offense, Keller will be an above average TE based on his receiving skills.

No team is going to sign him for his blocking ability.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

He will be a chicago bear.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think the ideal spot for Keller to end up is in Atlanta as the replacement for Tony Gonzalez. Dustin's speed, the indoor field, the outside WR's they already have would make him a tough match up. And he would then be on a team with a top QB. If Tony Gonzalez does retire as he has said, who better to fit in that offense of the Falcons ?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    He will be a chicago bear.
    I agree. This makes the most sense for both parties.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bronxville Jets Fan View Post
    I view Miami as his strongest suitor in FA, which is why I don't want to see him go. Miami has plenty of cap room and has been looking a seam-stretching TE like Keller for years and years. It makes sense.
    I think Miami will look to sign Greg Jennings as well. Keller would play the Jermichael Finley role in that offense, and with Jennings on the outside, they would immediately upgrade that offense.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RoadFan View Post
    He's average. The Dolphins and Bills are striving to be average. It's a perfect fit.