Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Oscar Pistorius (Blade dude) Mistakes GF for Burglar and Kills Her

Jets Insider VIP

Oscar Pistorius (Blade dude) Mistakes GF for Burglar and Kills Her

Sad

Oscar Pistorius shoots and kills girlfriend after mistaking her for a burglar: reports

By Staff Writers
    News Limited Network
    February 14, 20135:38PM

Tragedy ... South African Paralympic runner Oscar Pistorius. Source: ROBERT MICHAEL / AFP

Paralympic and Olympic athlete Oscar Pistorius has allegedly shot and killed his girlfriend, it has been reported.

Pistorius allegedly shot and killed his girlfriend in the early hours of Thursday morning, apparently after thinking she was an intruder, Beeld reported.

Beeld has named the victim as Reeva Steenkamp, a model who had appeared in FHM magazine.

The pair first appeared in public at the South African sports awards in November last year.

Johannesburg's Talk Radio 702 said Pistorius was understood to have shot his girlfriend in the head and arm, although the circumstances surrounding the incident were unclear.

A car carrying her body just left Silver Woods Estate where Pistorius lives but media are not allowed in the estate, Beeld has reported.

Steenkamp's friends took to Twitter to express their sadness.

Im deeply shocked and saddened at the death of a good friend of mine Reeva Steenkamp. This is so so sad. R.I.P Reeva you will be missed :-(
    — DJ SHAWNY B™ (@djshawnyb) February 14, 2013

My heart is broken. Can't breathe, can't think. I love you Reeva.
    — Stephanie Makhlouf (@Steph_Mak) February 14, 2013

Known as the Blade Runner, Pistorius has won six Paralympic gold medals including two at London 2012.

A double below-the-knee amputee since childhood who runs on J-shaped carbon fibre prostheses, Pistorius made history in 2012 when he became the first double leg amputee to compete in the Olympics.

At 4am South African time this morning, he appears to have used a gun in self defence against what he may have thought was a home invasion.

Almost six million South Africans have guns, and the nation has one of the world’s highest gun ownership rates at 12.7 firearms per 100 people.

Pistorius lives in Pretoria, which was recently named one of the most dangerous places in the country when it comes to house robberies.

A recent report named the city as one of the top 20 most dangerous and violent areas to live in.

The capital also has four suburbs in the 10 most dangerous places to live in South Africa when it comes to attempted murder, rape, street robberies and assault with the intent to cause grievous bodily harm (assault GBH).

Pistorius is reportedly in police custody and will appear in court this Thursday in South Africa. Pretoria is nine hours behind Australian Eastern Daylight Time.

Jets Insider VIP
    GF is worth the google search.

just sayin'

All League
    Yeah, that's the ticket, I thought she was a burglar.... Yeah, that's it.

Does that work with wives too?

Hall Of Fame
    What a shame. Beautiful woman.

He is now being charged with murder. Hope this gimp gets the chair if he is guilty.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Sorry for the loss of his limbs and RIP to the chick and all...but someone tell me how this guy was allowed to run against fully limbed athletes with that machinery attached to him again?

-

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    Sorry for the loss of his limbs and RIP to the chick and all...but someone tell me how this guy was allowed to run against fully limbed athletes with that machinery attached to him again?

-
    All-inclusiveness. Can't offend the handicapped. Or is it handi-capable?

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    What a shame. Beautiful woman.

He is now being charged with murder. Hope this gimp gets the chair if he is guilty.
    Apparently the cops had been called several times to the house for domestic disputes. It's not looking too good for him.
    They're gonna have to make the prison walls higher to keep him from hopping out...

he doesn't have a leg to stand on.

All League

-
    Exactly. How do they and who did determine how long his fake legs should be? If one model is 3 inches longer, then he can run a hell of a lot faster. So who got to determine how long they should be to make it "fair"?

Quote Originally Posted by FF2® View Post
    he doesn't have a leg to stand on.
    And LOL.

All League
    I read one report that he shot her FOUR times. That's quite a "mistake".

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Porgyman View Post
    Apparently the cops had been called several times to the house for domestic disputes. It's not looking too good for him.
    They're gonna have to make the prison walls higher to keep him from hopping out...
    What a loser. He should be thanking his lucky stars for getting a woman like that. Smart, beautiful and willing to be with a disabled person. Way out of his league.

I am sure the boys are going to have fun passing him around in prison.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by PatriotReign View Post
    I read one report that he shot her FOUR times. That's quite a "mistake".
    yeah - its like those 2 guys who repeatedly fell on Ray Lewis' new knife

-
    PLUS get the best parking spaces!

thanks Obama!

Jets Insider VIP
    I'm still struggling to understand the difference between a "wife/girlfriend " and a "burglar"

Is it just that burglars limit the things they steal from you to tangible items?

Jets Insider VIP

-
    Right, like having reinforced carbon for achilles tendons is going to help you.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by JetPotato View Post
    I'm still struggling to understand the difference between a "wife/girlfriend " and a "burglar"

Is it just that burglars limit the things they steal from you to tangible items?
    No, I think wives/girlfriends steal tangible items too, like money.

Interesting point, though. I'm thinking of getting a valentines day card for my wife that reads "To my lovely burglar"

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Aside from not having any legs, he's straight up goofy looking. He was lucky to have her, and he shoots her 4 times. I'm not buying the home invasion angle.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonhomme Richard View Post
    Aside from not having any legs, he's straight up goofy looking. He was lucky to have her, and he shoots her 4 times. I'm not buying the home invasion angle.

Lol......you THINK?