Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Oscar Pistorius (Blade dude) Mistakes GF for Burglar and Kills Her

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post

You are thisclose to a long, long ban for this sort of thing.

Your decision.

-
    For real.

First wrestling, now a "Yo mama" joke.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by RaoulDuke View Post
    Prosecution is saying he shot her (4x) through a closed door after she'd locked herself in the bathroom.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/02/20/wo...charge.html?hp

This is what he says happened:

I could see being scared, given what a lot of people are saying about crime in SA, though not sure someone would normally shoot through a closed door . . .

Mr. Pistorius said he and Ms. Steenkamp had gone to bed early on Wednesday night, but in the middle of the night he heard a noise from the bathroom and went to investigate on his stumps, not his artificial legs.

He was nervous, he said, because the bathroom window did not have burglar bars and contractors who had been working there had left ladders behind.

The room was dark, he said, and he did not realize that Ms. Steenkamp was not in bed. He felt vulnerable and fearful without his prosthetics and opened fire at the door, he said, calling to Ms. Steenkamp to telephone the police.

Only then did he realize that she was not in bed, he said. He put on his artificial legs and tried to kick down the door before breaking it open with a cricket bat to discover Ms. Steenkamp.

He carried her downstairs, he said, and “she died in my arms.”

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

That's his defense? He was scared so he randomly pumped rounds through a closed door?

I bet the prosecution is all like, "Pfft, he doesn't have a leg to stand on!"

Amirite?

Jets Insider VIP
    Cricket bat ?How ghey. He should do time for that alone.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonhomme Richard View Post
    That's his defense? He was scared so he randomly pumped rounds through a closed door?

I bet the prosecution is all like, "Pfft, he doesn't have a leg to stand on!"

Amirite?
    Mr. Pistorius said he and Ms. Steenkamp had gone to bed early on Wednesday night, but in the middle of the night he heard a noise from the bathroom and went to investigate on his stumps, not his artificial legs.

He was nervous, he said, because the bathroom window did not have burglar bars and contractors who had been working there had left ladders behind.

The room was dark, he said, and he did not realize that Ms. Steenkamp was not in bed. He felt vulnerable and fearful without his prosthetics and opened fire at the door, he said, calling to Ms. Steenkamp to telephone the police.

Only then did he realize that she was not in bed, he said. He put on his artificial legs and tried to kick down the door before breaking it open with a cricket bat to discover Ms. Steenkamp.

He carried her downstairs, he said, and “she died in my arms.”

Now that is BS.

Whenever I hear a noise, the first thing I do is check to see if the Mrs was awoken by it (hell she's lying right there, you can't turn your head to find out if she is there or not???) and if she is awake, you ask her if she heard it.

This guy is a legless pos.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by crossfire View Post
    He got dealt a sh*t leg.
    this deserved a lot more lol's

it's a dumb crowd

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Lone Star Lady View Post
    This is what he says happened:

I could see being scared, given what a lot of people are saying about crime in SA, though not sure someone would normally shoot through a closed door . . .
    His version is so far fetched it might actually be true. It's scene from a Coen brothers movie.

This is why I'm not a cop.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

This is why I'm not a cop.
    You'd spend all your time loosening "too tight" handcuffs, and helping the prisoners diagram how stuff wasnt actually "on them" when they were arrested. Then when you were found depansed, disarmed and locked in the otherwise empty holding cell, you wouldnt snitch, blaming a prank by unamed precinct hooligans.

-

Jets Insider VIP
    You'd spend all your time loosening "too tight" handcuffs, and helping the prisoners diagram how stuff wasnt actually "on them" when they were arrested. Then when you were found depansed, disarmed and locked in the otherwise empty holding cell, you wouldnt snitch, blaming a prank by unamed precinct hooligans.

-
    Then I get to turn into a cynical bastard right?

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Then I get to turn into a cynical bastard right?

There's always room for one more.

-

Jets Insider VIP

-
    Cuffs are always too tight. I pride myself in never btching. My wrist and hands were numb for two months once. After sitting in the back of the cruiser for hours while they decided what rabbit they could pull out of their asses to cart me off to bklyn detn. They arrived at resisting arrest. Idiots.

Hall Of Fame
    Four whole pages and not a single strap on quip. This place is losing its rustic charm.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Honey, there is a burglar hiding in the bathroom, I'm on on my knubs so I will kill it call the kangaroos.

Just another cowardly selfish bastard that had undeserved gloy heaped on him. (By the sounds of it.)

Jets Insider VIP

There's always room for one more.

-
    I'm already half way there, just not quite ready to leave lala land.

So Prosecution now has a witness saying he heard 1 gunshot, female screams then more gunshots. Plus that gun shot angles don't match his version where he said he was without his blades. Wonder how he'll spin this one.

Can't imagine how scared that poor girl must have been.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Quote Originally Posted by thebigragu View Post
    Cuffs are always too tight. I pride myself in never btching. My wrist and hands were numb for two months once. After sitting in the back of the cruiser for hours while they decided what rabbit they could pull out of their asses to cart me off to bklyn detn. They arrived at resisting arrest. Idiots.
    What, pray tell, led up to them cuffing you? Were they cruising by and decided you were the one they were going to falsely arrest that day?

Quote Originally Posted by EM31 View Post
    Four whole pages and not a single strap on quip. This place is losing its rustic charm.
    I think if she had no legs..... it would have been instaneous.

-

Jets Insider VIP
    Hope this doosh doesn't get off...

Oscar Pistorius referred to state mental hospital for psychiatric evaluation

Judge suspends trial in shock decision, saying she needs to be sure of the athlete's mental state before deciding if he is innocent or guilty of murdering girlfriend Reeva Steenkamp

An expert witness for the defense testified that Pistorius had an anxiety disorder that may have influenced his judgment

The trial of Oscar Pistorius, the Paralympic athlete accused of murdering his girlfriend Reeva Steenkamp, has been dramatically halted after the judge referred him for compulsory psychiatric assessment at a state mental hospital. Judge Thokozile Masipa said evidence introduced by a psychiatrist that Pistorius was suffering from a Generalised Anxiety Disorder which might have influenced his actions on the night he killed Steenkamp “cannot be ignored”.
    She said she was aware of the delay the referral for 30-day evaluation would cause, but said any suggestion of mental illness that might diminish his criminal responsibility for what happened should “never been taken lightly”.

"This is not about anyone's convenience but about whether justice has been served,” she said.

Pistorius, 27, is accused by the state of shooting Steenkamp, 29, four times through a locked lavatory door at his Pretoria home in the early hours of February 14 last year after the couple had a row. He insists he did so thinking she was an intruder.

He is expected to be admitted to Weskoppies public psychiatric hospital on the outskirts of Pretoria where he will be observed by three psychiatrists over 30 days.

Crucially for the defendant, the judge asked for him to be admitted as an outpatient, meaning he will be able to return each night to his uncle’s comfortable home in Pretoria where he has been living since the shooting on February 14 last year.

“The aim is not to punish the accused twice,” Judge Masipa told Pistorius’s lawyer and the prosecutor after making her order. “If there is a possibility of making sure he's an outpatient, that's preferable."

Pistorius was told to stand as the judge read out her decision, and seemed calm with the outcome, which was communicated to him beforehand by his lawyers who had been informed by the judge in chambers.

He declined to speak to journalists as he left court, but his family indicated that they understood the judge’s need for a “belts and braces” approach. Pistorius’s personal psychologist, who has been at his side throughout the trial, said her greatest concern had been his possible admission as an inpatient.
    Arnold Pistorius, the athlete’s uncle, said in a statement that the family was “comforted by the thoroughness and detail of this judgment”.
    A source in the defence team said they were happy with the outcome, despite opposing the referral requested by Gerrie Nel, the state prosecutor.
    “If they find there was an aspect of diminished responsibility, that’s an open pass,” the source said.

The police investigating team said they had not expected the judge to rule in the state's favour but welcomed the chance to rule out any diminished responsibility Pistorius might have had for what happened. Mr Nel had warned the judge Pistorius might raise the lack of proper psychiatric evaluation at appeal if he is convicted of Steenkamp's murder.

“Better now than on appeal,” one said. “If it’s an issue, we need to know. We’re prosecutors, not persecutors.”
    Pistorius’s legal team had opposed the state’s application for their client to be referred, saying the GAD was only raised as a factor in what happened rather than a cause.

Mr Nel suggested Barry Roux, Pistorius’s barrister, introduced the evidence late in the trial because his client had done “badly” on the witness stand.
    Judge Masipa said that either way, the possibility of mental illness had been raised. "Dr Vorster's evidence was placed before court by the defence,” she said. “A doubt has created that the accused may possibly have another defence."

The judge will hand down her official order, which will include the terms of Pistorius’s assessment, on Tuesday next week.

Jets Insider VIP
    This guys as good as free. This will force me to find jetswins thread. I don't like the man mind you, I just call it like I see it. I knew this Guy was going to walk.

Schluberator & Gadfly ®
    I hope he makes a run for it, that would seal the deal.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by chesapeakejet View Post
    I hope he makes a run for it, that would seal the deal.
    lols