Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: There's A Trade Market

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    Agreed.

Brian Costello ‏@BrianCoz
    Here is the full Revis quote to NFL Net on trade rumors: "I was speechless; I tweeted it out I was speechless." more

Revis cont: "I was speechless because I didn't get a phone call. I know it's a business - just call me; don't have it lingering out there."

Revis : "I need answers & I'm not getting any. Just the fact that that was put out there instead of contacting yr best player on the team."

Final Revis: "If that's how you want to do business, then that's fine." All of this from NFL Network interview airing tonight at 7.

Doesnt sound like a guy who is happy with his current team.
    This after the initial media drum, Idzik has since called Revis to respond to the media spin.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dustykeller View Post
    Right...because M.Cavanaugh is one of the best QB coaches around.

Not to mention Schotty and Sparano being upper tier as well. Sam Bradford was unstoppable this year, and we've all seen the fantastic work Sparano has done with Henne.

Like i said, I'm not defending Sanchez....but it's not 100% his fault.
    I wasnt aware Mark needed to be taught how to play the quarterback position. Do seahawks,redskins, or colts qb coach get a lot of credit for their work with the rookie qbs? They would be getting HC offers if that was the case..going to blame the rb for a rb who cant break tackles? I can even understand a rookie qb needing to lean on a qb coach a little, but a 4th year qb no.. Mark claimed to be ready to be the "leader" last year, and sure could talk the job..He said the right things, got guys to do extra work, ect.. but just couldnt back it up on the field.. Mark knows the game, the position.. He puts in endless hours we have heard.. but when he steps onto the field hes rattled and makes many stupid decisions.. You cant teach that.. maybe a psych doc can help him, but lets not place blame on "poor qb coach coaching"

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    Are you really getting on your horse to lecture others about this?

You are the last person on this board to lecture anybody on this topic

LOL

Show me where I call people names or use terms like you do on every post, like moron, clown, thick skull, idiot, fool, etc, etc, etc. You're the king of playing the internet bully with your schoolyard name-calling.

Edit: I do admit to recently repeating what someone called you...."Raytard". Just too damn funny not to.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    My problem with Eason was his happy feet and deer in the headlight look.

He had a decent arm and his accuracy was pretty good.

But the slightest bit of pressure, he would wilt like a dying rose.
    I was merely trying to gauge the objectivity of player evaluations whether they're on the Jets side or Pats. You make these statements above and still claim Eason was much better than Sanchez, that clearly answers my question.

I'll argue no further ,but I'll tell you this much if a Jet QB every had a SB showing that Eason had , he'd be ripped to living shreds for all eternity by Jet fans and the Pats trolls would be there ready with the dirt to cover up the corpse.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GuidoYaztremski View Post
    Show me where I call people names or use terms like you do on every post, like moron, clown, thick skull, idiot, fool, etc, etc, etc. You're the king of playing the internet bully with your schoolyard name-calling.

Edit: I do admit to recently repeating what someone called you...."Raytard". Just too damn funny not to.

I haven't bullied anybody

Stop trying to play the moderator card for your own selfish reasons

Stop lecturing people when you yourself are a self-admitted **** stirrer.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinstar View Post
    For Mark Sanchez and it's a huge market that includes many teams. If you listen to the comments of Mike Tannenbaum on the NFL AM show you can't deny that fact.

Fans make assumptions base on emotions, but NFL GMs amek decisions base on information and potential. When work ethic and character is equal to or comes close to potential and you have prior accomplishments to present, you now have a strength from which to work.

The NY Jets may have soured on Mark Sanchez, but somewhere in the NFL, there's a GM or owner who remembers this kid being the QB of a team that defeated the Patriots and the Colts on the road to advance to the AFC Championship game. These same people will consider the talent that was not afforded this player and come to the conclusion that they can win with this player.

The opportunity for a trade will come down to 3 factors.

1 - Have the Jets given up on Mark Sanchez.

2 - Will the Jets accept what will be offered for a player they spent a top 5 1st round draft pick on.

3 - Will Mark Sanchez be willing to reshape his contract so the team willing to make this trade will take the Chance on him.

There's a trade market for Mark Sanchez, but the Jets will have to decide if that avenue is in his best interest.

No GM in the league could sell his fanbase on trading for Sanchez to compete as the starter. Even if you could name a couple of teams that have QB situations as bad as the Jets do, I guarantee the GM of that team has shaky job security at best and nowhere near the type of equity you would need with the organization to pull off a crazy move like trading for the lowest rated passer in the league last season who also makes a ton of money. Step back and really think about this, no chance dude

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 56mehl56 View Post
    I was merely trying to gauge the objectivity of player evaluations whether they're on the Jets side or Pats. You make these statements above and still claim Eason was much better than Sanchez, that clearly answers my question.

I'll argue no further ,but I'll tell you this much if a Jet QB every had a SB showing that Eason had , he'd be ripped to living shreds for all eternity by Jet fans and the Pats trolls would be there ready with the dirt to cover up the corpse.
    Patriot fans would be making fun of his performance that day for sure, similar to the butt fumble. But if he had Eason's stats we wouldn't be saying that he was Marc Wilson. (or at least i wouldn't )

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GuidoYaztremski View Post

Guido rhymes with 'paedo'...I'm guessing you wouldn't find that so damn funny if it stuck right?

People in glass houses....