Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: There's A Trade Market

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Raider9175 View Post
    No way the Raiders cut C Palmer. For argument sake lets say that occurred . MOst every Raider fan and management would probably rather go with T Pryor (unknown) than a known commodity in Mark Sanchez.

No one outside of New York, every thought this guy was a good Qb.

Last Point Reggie MCkenzie doesn't like to trade draft picks. That his baby and there is no way he giving a box of footballs for Mark Sanchez.
    We'll take a bag of kicking tees (used).

Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    He is BLOODY AWFUL, that makes him a non fit anywhere. I suppose Jamarcus Russell is just not a good fit in Oakland and could be a good one elsewhere.
    I hate him too. But he's young, coachable, and has had recent success in the playoffs (which is nice selling feature).

Jamarcus Russell is an awful comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinstar View Post
    How did the Eagles get Michael Vick to tear up his contract and sign a 1 year deal. There're 9 teams that can allow Mark Sanchez to take 8 Mill as a signing bonus if he will accept a contract that could allow him the chance to restart his career. Dispite what angry Fans like u want to believe, this kid has tape that shows his potential.
    Don't be silly. He has tape of about 4 games in his career where he looked really good, tape of about 15 games where he looked okay and tape of ton of games where he has looked brutal. He has failed and any team looking at him is only going to do so as a low cost backup that might challenge for the starters job. no team with any brain will give him 8 million dollars and project him as the starter.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    This. There is absolutely 0 trade market for this turd.
    C'mon now. He's a nice kid who appears not to have what it takes to play QB in the NFL. Why call him such a nasty name and kick the kid when he's down?

Quote Originally Posted by dustykeller View Post
    I hate him too. But he's young, coachable, and has had recent success in the playoffs (which is nice selling feature).

Jamarcus Russell is an awful comparison.
    He is young.
    He has shown nothing at all to suggest he is coachable because he has gotten worse each year.
    His success was team success and he actually played really well in about 3 of the playoff games, the others he had very pedestrian numbers.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    The Eagles could have cut Vick and owed him nothing because there was no guaranteed money in his old contract.

Please name the 9 teams that would give Sanchez $8MM signing bonus.

He's the worst starting QB in the NFL.
    Hey, to be fair whatever combo Arizona trotted out and Matt Cassel were worse last year.

Possibly.

Quote Originally Posted by jetlifer View Post
    C'mon now. He's a nice kid who appears not to have what it takes to play QB in the NFL. Why call him such a nasty name and kick the kid when he's down?
    When the dude is making 15 million a year and has played well below the level of a starting Qb some fans are going to be upset. This is the NFL, the highest level of play in the world, not bantam football.

All League
    Sanchez has started 70 games in his entire career and you cite 2 games as a tribute to his greatness and trade value?

Please name the team/GM who can possibly think they can win with the statistically worst starting QB in the NFL?
    Tx, It's sad to say but based on your words, you obviously like Sanchez more than many of us on this board.

Banned
    For the 200th time, his guaranteed money can be restructured or frontloaded onto a new contract with a new team. Will it happen? I doubt it....but is it possible....of course it is.
    For the 200th time, I know his contract can be restructured or frontloaded.

That doesn't change the fact that a team would still be on the hook for $8MM which is still guaranteed. It's either pay now, or pay later.

He is young.
    He has shown nothing at all to suggest he is coachable because he has gotten worse each year.
    His success was team success and he actually played really well in about 3 of the playoff games, the others he had very pedestrian numbers.
    Right...because M.Cavanaugh is one of the best QB coaches around.

Not to mention Schotty and Sparano being upper tier as well. Sam Bradford was unstoppable this year, and we've all seen the fantastic work Sparano has done with Henne.

Like i said, I'm not defending Sanchez....but it's not 100% his fault.

For the 200th time, I know his contract can be restructured or frontloaded.

That doesn't change the fact that a team would still be on the hook for $8MM which is still guaranteed. It's either pay now, or pay later.
    Some team might be fine with that. 8 MM is pocket change to team with a ****load of cap space and a need at QB.

weird....David Carr managed to still be employed with a team other than the Texans despite his ****ty play.

I think Mark Sanchez doesn't belong on the Jets either, but to say he's untradeable is retarded. You're not going to get 3 1st round picks for him, obviously....but he's still got some value. The kid is money in the playoffs. Some team will throw him a bone.

Money in the playoffs? The kid is coming off 6-10 and 8-8 seasons and the season before that easily could have been 8-8 as well. You give him far too much credit for the playoff wins and far too little blame for the recent play of the Jets.

He's on the jets in 2013 either as the starter (likely) or holding a clipboard (doubtful). Get over it.

Quote Originally Posted by GuidoYaztremski View Post
    Money in the playoffs? The kid is coming off 6-10 and 8-8 seasons and the season before that easily could have been 8-8 as well. You give him far too much credit for the playoff wins and far too little blame for the recent play of the Jets.

He's on the jets in 2013 either as the starter (likely) or holding a clipboard (doubtful). Get over it.
    I never said he wouldn't be on our roster, genius. I said it wasn't impossible for the Jets trade him.

Learn to read.

EDIT: And yes, Mark has been money in the playoffs.

When the dude is making 15 million a year and has played well below the level of a starting Qb some fans are going to be upset. This is the NFL, the highest level of play in the world, not bantam football.
    I agree. I'm upset and angry also. But is it necessary for the poster to call him a turd? If he was your son, you'd be ok with it? All I'm saying is that we can criticize his garbage performances without the personnel attacks.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by GuidoYaztremski View Post

Taking it a little to far. That was a good team.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
    Taking it a little to far. That was a good team.
    Yes, sorry. I was thinking of '09.

Banned

10/21, 121 yards and and INT against the Chargers is a "money" performance in the playoffs?

What Flacco and Kaepernick in the past Super Bowl is "money" in the playoffs. Just going along for the ride is not money.

I never said he wouldn't be on our roster, genius. I said it wasn't impossible for the Jets trade him.

Learn to read.

He's not getting traded.

I hear he was pretty good in high school too.

He was money in exactly one game. The win against the Pats in 2010. In the other 3 wins the team rushed for like 170 yards and the defense held those teams to 16, 14 and 14 points. Even against the Pats the team rushed for like 120 yards, basically held the Pats to 14 for the vast majority of the game and got some free points from that fail fake punt. Mark gets far too much credit for those wins. Not saying he deserves none, but no bad team is going to be able to execute that kind of gameplan with Mark as QB because they don't have the necessary talent.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Rah_Rah_19 View Post
    Because they told Vick they were going to cut him unless he reworked his deal. Most of Vick's contract was not guaranteed. The Jets cannot make that kind of credible threat to Sanchez because of the dead money that would result from cutting him now. This isn't that hard to understand. Take off the homer glasses for a second and see the light.
    Dude, I don't like Mark Sanchez as a QB and never did, not even at USC. That being said, it's idiotic to believe that he can't be traded. The problem with most fans is that they can only look at this from their perspective. I never once mentioned any of those teams signing Sanchez to be the starter. None of those teams have a true #1 QB, so the opportunity is there for the Kid to prove everyone wrong.

This is all up to Sanchez. He will ultimately be betting on himself. 8mil as a signing bonus for a QB is penuts. What did the Seahawks give to Matt Flynn as a signing bonus. How many playoff games has he played in. The Fans and the media told the world Flynn was signed to be the starting QB. The Seahawks management made no such promise.

Atleast not publicly.