Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: There's A Trade Market

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dustykeller View Post
    Some team might be fine with that. 8 MM is pocket change to team with a ****load of cap space and a need at QB.
    yeah, but do they need sanchez. There is a market for Mark, but not at what he is making. Mark is best served by sitting a year and getting that deer in the headlights persona a rest.

Next year (or this year if he is cut) there will be 8 teams that will be willing to have him come to camp and sit for a year at 1 mill a year.

But to think that Mark will take any less of his guaranteed salary is ridiculous. This might be the last check he sees in the nfl.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by brady's a catcher View Post
    Of course Tranny says that. Makes his decision to give Sanchez that moronic extension seems less moronic. His media tour is all bout reputation damage control so he can get another job.
    +1

I would also add that nobody is buying what he is shoveling.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Right...because M.Cavanaugh is one of the best QB coaches around.

Not to mention Schotty and Sparano being upper tier as well. Sam Bradford was unstoppable this year, and we've all seen the fantastic work Sparano has done with Henne.

Like i said, I'm not defending Sanchez....but it's not 100% his fault.
    I don't care whose fault it is, that is not the issue we are discussing, other teams don't give a fig about that they care about whether a Qb they go after will win them a super bowl. I find it very very hard to believe that any team in the league would look at Sanchez with that in mind and they are not going to pay cash or use cap space on some speculative move when they can draft guy cheaper with more upside.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Raider9175 View Post
    Lets save everyone time tell us what team you see Mark Sanchez a good fit for. I* think Mark Sanchez has a better chance running for the Senate against Bob Mendez , than some team trading for him.

What team can sell Mark Sanchez to their fan base and get them excited to actually buy tickets.
    Only a hopelessly dysfunctional clusterfvck of an organisation with a recent history of wasting draft picks on sh!t QB's......so the Raiders basically

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I hate Sanchez and think he's washed up.

So, why do I have this horrible feeling that he'll go to another team and turn into an ALL-PRO?

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ctjetfan View Post
    I hate Sanchez and think he's washed up.

So, why do I have this horrible feeling that he'll go to another team and turn into an ALL-PRO?
    I used to defend Sanchez all the time. And why shouldn't I, he was good enough to take his team to 2 AFCCG's while my team was sitting at home.

But he lost me this past season.

And that INT against the Titans? That was one of the worst plays I've ever seen in a critical moment. Just an abysmal play by a player who has a shattered ego.

I don't think a change of scenery can save this guy I think he's done and I think Ryan gets some of the blame. Sanchez should have had to fight for his job and earn it in order to build his ego up. He was given the reins of the team without earning it and had great success initially. Other than winning the SB there was only one way to go and it was down and he's crashed really hard.

I don't think he has the willpower to overcome what has happened.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    weird....David Carr managed to still be employed with a team other than the Texans despite his ****ty play.

I think Mark Sanchez doesn't belong on the Jets either, but to say he's untradeable is retarded. You're not going to get 3 1st round picks for him, obviously....but he's still got some value. The kid is money in the playoffs. Some team will throw him a bone.
    I think there’s a big difference between saying teams are clamoring for Sanchez’s service enough to trade for him vs. whether a team would sign him to a FA contract…

And regarding Carr, realize Houston wasn’t able to trade him either…
    After 5 years, he was cut, signed with Carolina in 2007 and then was cut in 2008.

And btw – Carr completed 68% of his passes in that last year with Houston and still there wasn’t a trade market for him…

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Rah_Rah_19 View Post
    And this is why no trade market exists. The Bollinger example is dumb. Bollinger didn't have a big contract. Mark is guaranteed a lot of money this year making him untradeable for now.
    This is exactly right. There's a place on the Jets for Sanchez too at the right price.

The problem with Sanchez is how much you're paying him. The Jets would give him away if someone would take his contract.

Mark Sanchez will not and SHOULD NOT give back one penny of guaranteed money.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by fidelioion View Post
    This is exactly right. There's a place on the Jets for Sanchez too at the right price.

The problem with Sanchez is how much you're paying him. The Jets would give him away if someone would take his contract.

Mark Sanchez will not and SHOULD NOT give back one penny of guaranteed money.
    Even if he was willing to take a cut and give back some of his guaranteed money (yeah...as if) the union would never allow it.

There is not a line forming of teams interested in trading for Sanchez.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    This thread is embarrassing for jets fans. The idea that anyone would trade for Sanchez is ludicrous. Will he find a spot as a backup somewhere after he is cut next season? Probably. Would any team give up anything to get him even if the Jets paid most of his salary? Not a chance.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinstar View Post
    Once upon a time the Jets managed to trade Brooks Bollinger. That was a small market. Mark Sanchez has a huge market. I highlighted 9 team that need a QB . If the Remaining 21 teams, how many have a backup as accomplish as Mark Sanchez.
    how many were given arguably one of the top 3 teams in the league only to **** it up

twice

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dude, I don't like Mark Sanchez as a QB and never did, not even at USC. That being said, it's idiotic to believe that he can't be traded. The problem with most fans is that they can only look at this from their perspective. I never once mentioned any of those teams signing Sanchez to be the starter. None of those teams have a true #1 QB, so the opportunity is there for the Kid to prove everyone wrong.

This is all up to Sanchez. He will ultimately be betting on himself. 8mil as a signing bonus for a QB is penuts. What did the Seahawks give to Matt Flynn as a signing bonus. How many playoff games has he played in. The Fans and the media told the world Flynn was signed to be the starting QB. The Seahawks management made no such promise.

Atleast not publicly.
    The seahawks gave a 6 mill SB for Flynn.

Yes he will be betting on himself, but he will be betting on himself with a 8.75 mill bankroll. You have him betting on himself with a smaller bankroll. Right now every team in the league remembers his play during the last 1/2 of this year. A year from now those memories will fade. His best bet is to stay with the jets, Compete for the starting position, he either wins it or next year he moves on to a new team. He can always make a mill backing up Rivers in SD or Kapernick in SF.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    The seahawks gave a 6 mill SB for Flynn.

Yes he will be betting on himself, but he will be betting on himself with a 8.75 mill bankroll. You have him betting on himself with a smaller bankroll. Right now every team in the league remembers his play during the last 1/2 of this year. A year from now those memories will fade. His best bet is to stay with the jets, Compete for the starting position, he either wins it or next year he moves on to a new team. He can always make a mill backing up Rivers in SD or Kapernick in SF.
    The issue is does Mark Sanchez believes he can convince one of the teams that doesn't have a true #1 starting QB to take a chance on him should he restructure his contract. Are u telling me that a team like the Raiders wouldn't consider offering Sanchez a 4 yr contract for 25mil incentive ladden with that 8 mil as a signing bonus.

Personally, I think the Bucs who have to either Pay Josh Freeman or trade him should make a swap with the Jets . Both these Players need a change of scenery.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Can we trade him to the San Jose SaberCats?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    The issue is does Mark Sanchez believes he can convince one of the teams that doesn't have a true #1 starting QB to take a chance on him should he restructure his contract. Are u telling me that a team like the Raiders wouldn't consider offering Sanchez a 4 yr contract for 25mil incentive ladden with that 8 mil as a signing bonus.

Personally, I think the Bucs who have to either Pay Josh Freeman or trade him should make a swap with the Jets . Both these Players need a change of scenery.
    Maybe the Raiders, although with Crazy Al dead, even that's a reach. Other than that, NO. No sane team is giving Buttchez an 8 million dollar signing bonus, incentive laden contract or no. No one.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GuidoYaztremski View Post
    Maybe the Raiders, although with Crazy Al dead, even that's a reach. Other than that, NO. No sane team is giving Buttchez an 8 million dollar signing bonus, incentive laden contract or no. No one.
    Nobody trading for Mark Sanchez . Lets see some team trades for him(lmao) and that team ticket agent calling the fans to drum up support. We just got Mark Sanchez how many tickets can I put you down for. Click would be the only reasonable response. . You couldn't give those tickets away.

This play will be ingrain in everyone minds as long as M Sanchez plays. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oY1cRr6Hwrw

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like

Cool Call it a day! Easy QB fix! TOO easy!

Sign Matt Moore.... Cheap, hungry, superior to San-blows throwing the rock, huge upgrade. Cut dime a dozen, noodle armed game manager McElroy, take best available QB at 2 or 3 pick and we're golden! Killer OLB or Womack/ guard with first pick, bulk up a later pick WR to be a "Keller like" TE, maybe even trade Revis for a boatload ( mixed feelings) and we're 3 games better than last year! Easy, do it boys!

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation

The NY market is without a doubt HUGE but conversely, the market for Sanchez would be very small if at all.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamaicajoe View Post
    Sign Matt Moore.... Cheap, hungry, superior to San-blows throwing the rock, huge upgrade. Cut dime a dozen, noodle armed game manager McElroy, take best available QB at 2 or 3 pick and we're golden! Killer OLB or Womack/ guard with first pick, bulk up a later pick WR to be a "Keller like" TE, maybe even trade Revis for a boatload ( mixed feelings) and we're 3 games better than last year! Easy, do it boys!
    I like your enthusiasm. You sound like General Pickett just before he set out for Missionary Ridge with banners flapping and the troop singing Dixie. But who knows really. I like the killer OLB or Womack idea, backed by a solid RB and WR in the draft. Should make us interesting, if nothing else.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by brady's a catcher View Post
    Of course Tranny says that. Makes his decision to give Sanchez that moronic extension seems less moronic. His media tour is all bout reputation damage control so he can get another job.
    agreed and very realistic response.