It's funny how one day you can cry about civil responses when this is the crap you spew on this board with most of the 50,000 + useless contributions to this board.
Get a life.
So the question is, will any other GM look at Sanchez's body of work and see something in the 25% of his career where he was actually pretty damn good and determine that there is something to salvage/build, or see the other 75% and consider him toast. Stranger things have happened, but my guess is that his current value is going to based on the 75%, not the 25%. Especially given that the consistency has deteriorated.
But hey...we did get Tebow.
If a player like Schaub and Kolb can garner a 2nd round pick, it's not unfathomable to think Sanchez can net a 3rd round pick.A 3rd or multiple mid-round picks for a player who is still 26 years old, and has won 4 playoff games?
I don't give a crap what you or CPA said, to say the "Jets would be lucky" is pure emotional and baseless drivel.
Sanchez is an asset, he is still a young player, despite your hatred, or anybody else's hatred of Sanchez, based on pure emotional anger, or otheriwise biased bull****, Sanchez is still a player that another team can consider and decide they want to try and salvage. There will be teams in the market for a QB that won't have the opportunity to get the player they scout in the draft or in FA, Sanchez is a player that would also be on that list.
If Tebow can net a 4th round pick, Sanchez, the former 5th overall pick, just 26 years old, no question about work ethic or commitment to the game, has won 4 playoff games, went to two AFCCG's, THAT is an asset the Jets can work with if they chose to shop him.
You can cry all you want, you would be wrong.
YOU learn the game, and stop hiding behind a panzy fake name. If you're going to thump your chest, be a man and put your regular handle behind it.
Detroit got a 5th or a 6th for Harrington from Miami. Sanchez has some value.
1) He is still young and has shown some potential in the past.
2) He went through 2 subpar OC and a terrible QB coach.
3) His dismal numbers last year could of contributed to key injuries, very little WR depth, and RB's who could'nt move the chains.
In addition to these points the Jets obviously have to find a way to have Sanchez agree on a paycut. Chances are he will not unfortunately.
What will happen I think is that the Jets will draft a QB and sign a veteran on the cheap to compete vs Sanchez.
The best example of a QB that did nothing till he got in the right system was Rich Gannon who was drafted by the Pats in the 4th rd in 1987.. He bounced around in stops with the Vikes,Skins,Chiefs and in year 12 came alive and in his first 4 years with the Raiders made 4 pro bowls and 2 all pro's.. The other QB that was considered a bust was another Pat pick Jim Plunkett but even though he was a Bowl winner he wasn't in Gannon's class QB wise.. Could Sanchez thrive somewhere else?? He has talent but where can you go to regain confidence?? Not NY that's for sure..
What team in their right mind would give up anything more than maybe a conditional 6th or 7th round pick for Sanchez? And I couldn't even see anyone doing that unless Sanchez reworks his deal.
The kid has graded out as arguably the worst starting QB in the league over the past two years. There aren't exactly a bunch of teams lining up and falling over themselves to acquire that.
Face it, we're stuck with Sanchez this year.
All we can do is pray that Idzik brings in some legit competition instead of handing Mark the starting job for the 5th year in a row.
I'll never understand you guys that compare todays game to the 1950's.
And yeah, Dilfer won a Superbowl in Baltimore, where he could hand the ball off to a 2,000 yard rusher and had arguably the greatest defense of all-time to back him up.
And the Ravens still dumped him after the season.
He'll be an afterthought once this season is over. He only started his Senior season in college and even worse he only started his senior season in HS. To reach up at #5 like they did for him in retrospect was just insane. I guarantee you that if he didn't have a pretty face he wouldn't have been picked by the Jets who blew $60M and wasted 5 years in the process, that was part of their thinking, "face of the Franchise", put him on a billboard in Times Sq.
Until we have management that makes clear, concise football decisions based on merit alone, we won't see another Super Bowl for 1,000 years.