Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 120 of 209

Thread: There's A Trade Market

  1. #101
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    WRONG, as usual, despite your trolling.

    Sanchez can agree to restructure his contract that would make him tradable. A reason for him to do so, would allow him to be moved to a change of scenery, which could be something that appeals to him.
    Sanchez could also declare tomorrow that he's retiring from football to be a professional ballerina. Could, could, could, could, could. You love to use that word. You're using just as much armchair psychology as everyone else here, you have no freakin' clue what Sanchez wants or does not want. He might be a greedy sonofa***** who wants to wring the Jets for every last penny, for all you know. You have no inside information.

    That said, if you ranked all 32 starting QBs right now in terms of "assets" (which involves value going forward), Sanchez would not be in the top 20. This whole thread is moot anyway because Sanchez isn't going anywhere.

  2. #102
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    It's hilarious to me that people say that Sanchez would have no trade value, all that has to happen is Sanchez agree to restructure his contract to facilitate a trade, if players like Kolb, Schaub, and Matt Flynn can garner a market, in Kolbs case, a deal worth up to 60+ million based on a role as a fill in starter, with a much less body of work, why can't Sanchez generate a market that would say give the Jets a 3rd round pick? Take the emotion, and hatred by the Pats trolls on this board, it can be done.
    Can't recall Kolb, Schaub or Flynn having any year like the one Mark just had. In short, they didn't **** up their marketability by sucking all year and capping said year off with a Butt Fumble.

  3. #103
    Quote Originally Posted by Raider9175 View Post
    No way the Raiders cut C Palmer. For argument sake lets say that occurred . MOst every Raider fan and management would probably rather go with T Pryor (unknown) than a known commodity in Mark Sanchez.

    No one outside of New York, every thought this guy was a good Qb.

    Last Point Reggie MCkenzie doesn't like to trade draft picks. That his baby and there is no way he giving a box of footballs for Mark Sanchez.
    Oh the irony of your homer contributions to this thread

    Your very same Raiders traded TWO FIRST round picks for a regressing and aging Carson Palmer, who they COULD already consider releasing due to cap constraints only 2 years later. A trade you supported without hesitation, it is funny how quickly you are already willing to sweep him away for T Pryor....

  4. #104
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinstar View Post
    Gota say KJ, I like the Foles Idea. Never gave much thought to him, but it's not a bad idea.
    The rumor came out today about KC/Eagles trade because of Foles connection to Reid, and KC needing a QB, and Foles possibly not being a fit in Philly with Kelly.

    The very same case could be made about possible Jets interest in Foles with Mornhinweg, his OC last year in Philly, now with the Jets.

  5. #105
    Quote Originally Posted by ASG0531 View Post
    Sanchez could also declare tomorrow that he's retiring from football to be a professional ballerina. Could, could, could, could, could. You love to use that word. You're using just as much armchair psychology as everyone else here, you have no freakin' clue what Sanchez wants or does not want. He might be a greedy sonofa***** who wants to wring the Jets for every last penny, for all you know. You have no inside information.

    That said, if you ranked all 32 starting QBs right now in terms of "assets" (which involves value going forward), Sanchez would not be in the top 20. This whole thread is moot anyway because Sanchez isn't going anywhere.
    I'm using it with people who are flat out saying it's impossible, there would be NO trade market, Sanchez sucks, there is no chance, blah blah blah. The point is, they are wrong, it is VERY plausible that a market could be generated for Sanchez with a contract restructure it is not unfathomable as many have tried to intimate in this thread. THEY as well have NO clue, as you don't.

    Exactly right, it COULD happen, how is suggesting this a problem for you? And so what if I use the word, what do you care? It applies.

  6. #106
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    Oh the irony of your homer contributions to this thread

    Your very same Raiders traded TWO FIRST round picks for a regressing and aging Carson Palmer, who they COULD already consider releasing due to cap constraints only 2 years later. A trade you supported without hesitation, it is funny how quickly you are already willing to sweep him away for T Pryor....
    C Palmer had his best season in 2012 completed 61` % Of his passes , 7.1 average yard per pass threw for over 4,000 yards last year. (14 games) Threw 22 TD to 14 interceptions. That was without a running game as the zone blocking system proved to not be as good fit for the personnel. The offense(WCO offense) wasn't really suited to a young Wr corps who strength isn't running the routes you have to run in that system.

    C Palmer isn't going anywhere. T Pryor has a chance to be his backup and maybe get more snaps in the redzone. He has no chance to beat C Palmer out at this point. That is a fact . (that a contract ploy for C Palmer to take less from Raiders) My point even though T Pryor isn't an NFl caliber starting QB yet they would still go with him over Mark Sanchez(who isn't a starting caliber qb him self - he is what he is at this point) Until the Jets admit that to them self that he's not the Qb they thought he would be. They are just spinning their wheels as an organization. It time to go in a new direction at QB. Enough is enough. Let hear the Eli manning comparisons again.


    There isn't a trade market for Mark Sanchez right now. If he ever emerges it going to take a couple years sitting on the sidelines to rehabilitate his reputation . Before he given another chance to be someone starting Qb.
    Last edited by Raider9175; 02-15-2013 at 12:18 AM.

  7. #107
    Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes9 View Post
    Can't recall Kolb, Schaub or Flynn having any year like the one Mark just had. In short, they didn't **** up their marketability by sucking all year and capping said year off with a Butt Fumble.
    Enough with the butt fumble crap, there are far too many people taking that play, infusing emotion, and missing the point.

    A market can very quickly be generated for Sanchez if the Jets are able to restructure his contract, and Sanchez is willing to do so. If Tebow can generate a market, showing INFINITELY LESS on the football field, and a much smaller body of work, whose penchant is "tebowing," Sanchez can generate more, Sanchez actually has a playoff win under his belt.

  8. #108
    Quote Originally Posted by Raider9175 View Post
    C Palmer had his best season in 2012 completed 61` % Of his passes , 7.1 average yard per pass threw for over 4,000 yards last year. Threw 22 TD to 14 interceptions. That was without a running game as the zone blocking system proved to not be as good fit for the personnel. The offense(WCO offense) was really suited to a young Wr corp who strength isdn't running the routes you have to run in that system.

    C Palmer isn't going anywhere. T Pryor has a chance to be his backup and maybe get more snaps in the redzone. He has no chance to beat C Palmer out at this point. That is a fact . (that a contract ploy for C Palmer to take less from Raiders) My point even though T Pryor isn't an NFl caliber ?starting QB yet they would still go with him over Mark Sanchez(who isn't a starting caliber qb him self - hye is what he is at this point)
    Do you read homer?

    The Raiders traded two first round picks for a 32 year old QB who came off of a 4-12 season and physically on the decline.

    The numbers last year mean ****, the Raiders were atrocious, especially when McFadden went down and the running game struggled. The Raiders were constantly playing from behind, which amplified the Raider passing numbers. The Raiders were 4-11 last year with Palmer.

    You have every excuse in the book when the Raiders are crap, your spin on every player and dancing over and back on the fence is hilarious. You boast about the coaching staff, then blame players, you boast about the players, then blame the coaches.

    Palmer for two first round picks, off of a 4-12 season, declining skills, 32 years old, was one of the worst trades in NFL history, there is NO spin for this.

  9. #109
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    Do you read homer?

    The Raiders traded two first round picks for a 32 year old QB who came off of a 4-12 season and physically on the decline.

    The numbers last year mean ****, the Raiders were atrocious, especially when McFadden went down and the running game struggled. The Raiders were constantly playing from behind, which amplified the Raider passing numbers. The Raiders were 4-11 last year with Palmer.

    You have every excuse in the book when the Raiders are crap, your spin on every player and dancing over and back on the fence is hilarious. You boast about the coaching staff, then blame players, you boast about the players, then blame the coaches.

    Palmer for two first round picks, off of a 4-12 season, declining skills, 32 years old, was one of the worst trades in NFL history, there is NO spin for this.

    First get your fact straight Ray Ray. You missed so many in your post. It was a first and a second for C Palmer..(if you were correct would Raiders have the third pick) Okay lets look at Mark Sanchez numbers in the regular season every year he been in the league. Nah numbers don't mean anything he still has a chance to emerge Like Eli manning. (LMAO) Even the ardent mark Sanchez supporters are finally admitting the guy isn't very good.

    Honest question ray ray who would you rather have as your starting QB Carson Palmer or Mark Sanchez in 2013. Itr's not even close Let see you wasted a first rounder (number 5) on mark sanchez and might draft a QB in the second round. So your going to tell me that second rounder will be better than Carson Palmer. There is no price you don't pay for a top caliber qb.

    without a doubt you can win a championship with C Palmer. You have no chance with M sanchez(one worst starting Qb in the league- a fact) Every AFc east team hopes you keep believing M sanchez is the answer.
    Last edited by Raider9175; 02-15-2013 at 12:36 AM.

  10. #110
    Quote Originally Posted by Raider9175 View Post
    Okay lets look at Mark Sanchez numbers in the regular season every year he been in the league. Nah numbers don't mean anything he still has a chance to emerge Like Eli manning. (LMAO) Even the ardent mark Sanchez supporters are finally admitting the guy isn't very good.

    Honest question ray ray who would you rather be your starting QB Carson Palmer or Mark Sanchez in 2013. Itr's not even close Let see you wasted a first rounder (number 5) on mark sanchez and might draft a QB in the second round. So your going to tell me that second rounder will be better than Carson Palmer.
    No where in my post am I suggesting Sanchez will emerge like anybody, I'm not comparing him to any player, this isn't about Sanchez vs Carson.

    It's about Sanchez having a market, which he will, especially if he agrees to restructure his contract. Despite his struggles, for reasons that aren't all his own, he STILL has upside based on flashes seen in his first two years, he is still young, he is a player that teams will consider if the Jets began shopping him and his contract was restructured to facilitate a trade.

    Carson has been a major bust in Oakland at an irresponsible and unfathomable cost of 2 first round picks, a mortgaging of the future on a 32 year old player that is now 34, and a major cap liability.

    without a doubt you can win a championship with C Palmer. You have njo chance with M sanchez(one worst starting Qb in the league- a fact) Every AFc east team hopes you keep believing M sanchez is the answer.
    And yet, Mark has been to 2 AFCCG's in his first 4 years of his career, what has Carson Palmer done the last 4 years? Heck which AFCCG did Carson ever play in?
    Last edited by Ray Ray19; 02-15-2013 at 01:05 AM.

  11. #111
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    No where in my post am I suggesting Sanchez will emerge like anybody, I'm not comparing him to any player, this isn't about Sanchez vs Carson.

    It's about Sanchez having a market, which he will, especially if he agrees to restructure his contract. Despite his struggles, for reasons that aren't all his own, he STILL has upside based on flashes seen in his first two years, he is still young, he is a player that teams will consider if the Jets began shopping him and his contract was restructured to facilitate a trade.

    Carson has been a major bust in Oakland at an irresponsible and unfathomable cost of 2 first round picks, a mortgaging of the future on a 32 year old player that is now 34, and a major cap liability.
    There is NO market for M Sanchez a fact. There is no market for D Revis if he elects not to sign an extension with the Jets or another team. If His heart is set on testing Unrestricted FA in 2014. (another fact)


    Tell me one team where you can say mark sanchez would upgrade a team QB situation. Not even the Cardinals you can say with any conviction, he would be an upgrade. No body trading the Jets a bag of balls for mark sanchez. You have two choices give him another chance to be Jets starting QB or do what raiders did with Jamarcus Russell. Admit your mistake and move on from that mistake.


    Hey Ray Ray If Raiders traded two first rounders for C Palmer explain why they have the third pick in this years draft. (read this a couple times and it might finally sink in)

  12. #112
    Quote Originally Posted by Raider9175 View Post
    There is NO market for M Sanchez a fact.
    FA has not yet started, the market isn't open yet, FACT, you're WRONG.

    There is no market for D Revis if he elects not to sign an extension with the Jets or another team. If His heart is set on testing Unrestricted FA in 2014. (another fact)
    WRONG, and this makes no sense. There is ALREADY a market for Revis:

    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...d-be-available

    Tell me one team where you can say mark sanchez would upgrade a team QB situation. Not even the Cardinals you can say with any conviction, he would be an upgrade. No body trading the Jets a bag of balls for mark sanchez. You have two choices give him another chance to be Jets starting QB or do what raiders did with Jamarcus Russell. Admit your mistake and move on from that mistake.
    Already discussed in the thread, there are at least 9 teams that will be in the market for a starting QB and many more for a backup QB or a QB to come in and compete for the starting job, Sanchez fits any of these descriptions. You can spin how he sucked last year until you're blue in the face, nothing changes the fact that Sanchez WILL have a market if the Jets shop him, and are able to restructure his contract. There is no mistake. Admit you're a blind homer, and you don't know what you're talking about.

    Hey Ray Ray If Raiders traded two first rounders for C Palmer explain why they have the third pick in this years draft. (read this a couple times and it might finally sink in)
    Ok a first and a conditional second. STILL one of the worst trades in NFL history. Feel better? It would have been a 2nd first rounder had the Raiders made it to the AFCCG, but only in your little world, the Raiders have the awesomeness talent every year, the fastest and strongest players, and are a nightmare match up for every team in the league and are at least a #2 seed.
    Last edited by Ray Ray19; 02-15-2013 at 01:03 AM.

  13. #113
    Actually, the Raiders have the third pick in the draft because Carson Palmer led them to the third worst record in the league.

  14. #114
    Anyone that thinks there is a real trade market for Mark Sanchez is a fool. Plain and simply. He's about as good as the likes of Skelton or lindly from zona and he just costs 20 times as much. If Idzik manages to find some utter patsy to take this guy this year and give us a 7th rounder he should be instantly made executive of the year.

  15. #115
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    15,137
    Sanchez got Tanny fired.

    I love Rex, but if I see El Guapo sling a single mariposa...

  16. #116
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    Anyone that thinks there is a real trade market for Mark Sanchez is a fool. Plain and simply. He's about as good as the likes of Skelton or lindly from zona and he just costs 20 times as much. If Idzik manages to find some utter patsy to take this guy this year and give us a 7th rounder he should be instantly made executive of the year.
    Incredibly accurate assessment.

    I think I'm about to throw up as I read it again.

    Do you think we'll ever.... EVER.... have a Franchise QB?

    The guy just never passed the sight test for me since Day 1. Always saying to friends,"He looks kind of small huh?" Then I'd try to rationalize.."But they have him listed at 6-2...230, must be me thinking wrong"..."He's really very inaccurate"..Then I'd try to rationalize,"Oh, Shottenheimer is awful, he's putting him in terrible positions to succeed", but then I'd see him just make terrible, terrible throws, even with no duress. "He never looks comfortable in the pocket, never looks in control, never looks like a leader"..then I'd try to rationalize again,"It has to be the OC's fault, it has to be Wayne Hunter's fault"....I even said a few years ago that Todd and OBrien looked to be 10x the QB Sanchez could ever be.

    I just want Idzik to bring in a 6-5, 245 ugly mofo with a Cannon for an arm, not even asking for a SB in the next few years. I just want an Offense that is competitive and a QB that can take over a game and LEAD when he has to, I just can't watch Sanchez take another snap...I can't.

  17. #117
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinstar View Post
    The Jets have no position of strength from which to deal. This has to be something Sanchez is willing to do. If Mark is willing to restructure his deal and make it friendly to accomodate a trade, then the market is set. He will be betting on himself, and that is where the Jets have to steer him.

    The Jets have only 2 options in this whole deal.

    1 - Keep Sanchez and upset the Fan base even more if he's the starter next yr.

    2 - Cut Sanchez and deal with the dead Money and obtaining nothing in return for a top 5 1st round draft pick.
    Or just bring in a vet, tell Sanchez to enjoy the bench & the jeers for 8 homes games, the HUGE BOOS that will rain down on him if he has to enter the game after any injury to the starter.
    I honestly think Marks time is over in NY & I think he realizes that too. No one will ever forget 2012, the TOs, the butt fumble, Sanchez was a major reason that Jets fans have been belittled.
    Is it fair?
    I don't know & I don't care, he took a chit load of money, salary cap, and screwed the pooch 2 years in a row.
    He's dead to me, & most every other Jet fan, and don't for 1 minute think otherwise, here's a kid that in the spotlight everywhere, commercials, espys, & now he's been in hiding for a full year.
    He's not tough enough for NY, he wants out & I think he'll implore his agents to work a deal necessary to make it possible.

  18. #118
    LOL.

    Dream on.

    There's zero trade market value associated with Mark Sanchez.

    When he's picked up by another team this or next off-season, whenever he's eventually released, he'll be a No.2.

  19. #119
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    52,055
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    why can't Sanchez generate a market that would say give the Jets a 3rd round pick? A 3rd or multiple mid-round picks for a player who is still 26 years old, and has won 4 playoff games?
    A 3rd round pick, or multiple picks, for the worst starting QB in the NFL?

    You are the most delusional homer poster on the board.

    Sanchez lacks the basic skills to play QB in the NFL. He is terrible and no stupid team out there would give up a 3rd round pick for that loser.

    And BTW, he was just along for the ride in those playoff games. Other than you, nobody gives a $hit that Sanchez just happened to be the QB.

  20. #120
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    18,411
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    A 3rd round pick, or multiple picks, for the worst starting QB in the NFL?

    You are the most delusional homer poster on the board.

    Sanchez lacks the basic skills to play QB in the NFL. He is terrible and no stupid team out there would give up a 3rd round pick for that loser.

    And BTW, he was just along for the ride in those playoff games. Other than you, nobody gives a $hit that Sanchez just happened to be the QB.
    I would be more concerned with our player evaluation and what we can do with late round picks. Since 2009 we haven't done squat with picks at round 4 or later...

    So if all he fetches is a 5th and a 7th whats that gonna do for us?

    Hopefully Idzik can make good with later picks.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us