Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 209

Thread: There's A Trade Market

  1. #21
    Hall Of Fame
    Founding JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    10,216
    The main reason we are told Sanchez is untradeable is because of his cap hit, if another team thinks he still has value, shouldn't we be able to split the cap hot with them so we csn move on .

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinstar View Post
    There're 32 NFL teams and the vast Majority of them don't have a QB. The Bills, The Jags, The Cards, The Titans, The Bucs, The Vikes, The Browns,The Chiefs, The Raiders and Last but not least the Jets. Of those teams, only Mark Sanchez and Josh Freeman are young enough and have shown just enough to make a team contemplate looking at them.


    I think that's a big market, and if Sanchez is willing to redo his contract to facilitate a trade, then the market is set.
    All those teams have QBs that are statistically as good or better than Mark Sanchez. Do you really think they would trade for him because of a few games he played a few years ago (when the Jets had a top 3 D and running game), when they are in no worse position without him?

  3. #23
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Boynton Beach, FL
    Posts
    9,021
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinstar View Post
    I am glad you're not the GM. Quit thinking like an angry Fan and start thinking like someone with an asset.
    Mark Sanchez is not an asset. he sucks. Even if he restructured, nobody will want him. The only way he gets another job is when he is off the books and a team can negotiate their own salary with him.

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by GuidoYaztremski View Post
    Didn't go over my head at all. As others have noted, his current contract makes him untradable. And I see no reason why he wouldn't take his final payday as he'll likely never see that kind of money again.


    And honestly, do you REALLY see a Qb where a change of scenery will make the difference, or do you see a QB without the skill set to read defenses, find the open receiver, make the necessary throughs with solid decision making, all traits required of a good NFL QB today?
    That's a false statement.

    Because if Mark agrees to a trade, his contract can certainly be reworked to accommodate everyone involved. It would be in his best interest to do so, especially if he aspires to continue being a starting QB.

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinstar View Post
    There're 32 NFL teams and the vast Majority of them don't have a QB. The Bills, The Jags, The Cards, The Titans, The Bucs, The Vikes, The Browns,The Chiefs, The Raiders and Last but not least the Jets. Of those teams, only Mark Sanchez and Josh Freeman are young enough and have shown just enough to make a team contemplate looking at them.


    I think that's a big market, and if Sanchez is willing to redo his contract to facilitate a trade, then the market is set.
    I'll be ELATED if you are correct but I can't believe any of those teams are that utterly stupid. "Hey, we have bad quarterbacking, lets solve it by getting a worse QB!"

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    Mark Sanchez is not an asset. he sucks. Even if he restructured, nobody will want him. The only way he gets another job is when he is off the books and a team can negotiate their own salary with him.
    Sanchez isn't a fit with the Jets, that doesn't mean he wouldn't fit elsewhere.


    You guys are too emotional. Think about this objectively.

  7. #27
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Delaware
    Posts
    6,304
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
    Bollinger wasn't set to make 8 mill guaranteed though...
    That guaranteed Money is Peanuts for an NFL QB. If Sanchez agrees to a New contract with that as a signing bonus spread out over 3 yrs, say for what's left in total if he were on the team this year and next, what's lost.

    If this kid is half the QB he thinks he is, all you have to do is load the contract with Incentives easilly meet if he were to win the starting job. Let's say the Raiders were interested in Sanchez. They do this deal, cut Parlmer daft a QB and Let Prior,Sanchez and the Rook battle it our. Does Sanchez have a chance at winning this Job.

  8. #28
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Jerseystrong
    Posts
    18,874
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinstar View Post
    That guaranteed Money is Peanuts for an NFL QB. If Sanchez agrees to a New contract with that as a signing bonus spread out over 3 yrs, say for what's left in total if he were on the team this year and next, what's lost.

    If this kid is half the QB he thinks he is, all you have to do is load the contract with Incentives easilly meet if he were to win the starting job. Let's say the Raiders were interested in Sanchez. They do this deal, cut Parlmer daft a QB and Let Prior,Sanchez and the Rook battle it our. Does Sanchez have a chance at winning this Job.
    Or he could take his 8 million guaranteed and compete here i NY where he could very well win the starting job since the Jets can not financially afford legit competition.

    I just don't see it, we are stuck with this guy for at least one more year. I've accepted it, you should too, you'll feel better

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by dustykeller View Post
    That's a false statement.

    Because if Mark agrees to a trade, his contract can certainly be reworked to accommodate everyone involved. It would be in his best interest to do so, especially if he aspires to continue being a starting QB.
    No. It's not.

    If Sanchez believes he can still be a starting QB, and other teams agree, He can still do so in 2014. He's not going to throw away guaranteed money he already has which is almost $9 million for 2013. So how would you propose he gets more than that in a rework and what portion of that do you think the Jets will be willing to swallow to see him go?

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by dustykeller View Post
    Sanchez isn't a fit with the Jets, that doesn't mean he wouldn't fit elsewhere.


    You guys are too emotional. Think about this objectively.
    Lets save everyone time tell us what team you see Mark Sanchez a good fit for. I* think Mark Sanchez has a better chance running for the Senate against Bob Mendez , than some team trading for him.

    What team can sell Mark Sanchez to their fan base and get them excited to actually buy tickets.

  11. #31
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Boynton Beach, FL
    Posts
    9,021
    Quote Originally Posted by dustykeller View Post
    Sanchez isn't a fit with the Jets, that doesn't mean he wouldn't fit elsewhere.


    You guys are too emotional. Think about this objectively.
    Ur right. an inaccurate, pick machine, butt fumbler will fit in with many teams.

  12. #32
    there is value there
    IF he was a FA.. and you can take a $500k Stanton type flyer on him...

    he is untradeable.

  13. #33
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Delaware
    Posts
    6,304
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    Mark Sanchez is not an asset. he sucks. Even if he restructured, nobody will want him. The only way he gets another job is when he is off the books and a team can negotiate their own salary with him.

    How did the Eagles get Michael Vick to tear up his contract and sign a 1 year deal. There're 9 teams that can allow Mark Sanchez to take 8 Mill as a signing bonus if he will accept a contract that could allow him the chance to restart his career. Dispite what angry Fans like u want to believe, this kid has tape that shows his potential.

  14. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by GuidoYaztremski View Post
    No. It's not.

    If Sanchez believes he can still be a starting QB, and other teams agree, He can still do so in 2014. He's not going to throw away guaranteed money he already has which is almost $9 million for 2013. So how would you propose he gets more than that in a rework and what portion of that do you think the Jets will be willing to swallow to see him go?
    Yes, it most certainly is.

    I have no idea how they would divvy up the guaranteed portion of his contract. The point i'm trying to make and you're failing to grasp is that it's not out of the realm of possibility.

    If the Jets wanted to trade Sanchez, it certainly can happen. There are options (a new contract, a restructured contract, the Jets taking on part of the original guaranteed salary).

    You're making an assumption that he's untradeable because of his recent play and his contract. That's a total fallacy....sorry.

  15. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinstar View Post
    How did the Eagles get Michael Vick to tear up his contract and sign a 1 year deal. There're 9 teams that can allow Mark Sanchez to take 8 Mill as a signing bonus if he will accept a contract that could allow him the chance to restart his career. Dispite what angry Fans like u want to believe, this kid has tape that shows his potential.
    Because they told Vick they were going to cut him unless he reworked his deal. Most of Vick's contract was not guaranteed. The Jets cannot make that kind of credible threat to Sanchez because of the dead money that would result from cutting him now. This isn't that hard to understand. Take off the homer glasses for a second and see the light.

  16. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    Ur right. an inaccurate, pick machine, butt fumbler will fit in with many teams.
    weird....David Carr managed to still be employed with a team other than the Texans despite his ****ty play.


    I think Mark Sanchez doesn't belong on the Jets either, but to say he's untradeable is retarded. You're not going to get 3 1st round picks for him, obviously....but he's still got some value. The kid is money in the playoffs. Some team will throw him a bone.

  17. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinstar View Post
    That guaranteed Money is Peanuts for an NFL QB. If Sanchez agrees to a New contract with that as a signing bonus spread out over 3 yrs, say for what's left in total if he were on the team this year and next, what's lost.

    If this kid is half the QB he thinks he is, all you have to do is load the contract with Incentives easilly meet if he were to win the starting job. Let's say the Raiders were interested in Sanchez. They do this deal, cut Parlmer daft a QB and Let Prior,Sanchez and the Rook battle it our. Does Sanchez have a chance at winning this Job.
    No way the Raiders cut C Palmer. For argument sake lets say that occurred . MOst every Raider fan and management would probably rather go with T Pryor (unknown) than a known commodity in Mark Sanchez.

    No one outside of New York, every thought this guy was a good Qb.

    Last Point Reggie MCkenzie doesn't like to trade draft picks. That his baby and there is no way he giving a box of footballs for Mark Sanchez.

  18. #38
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    52,055
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinstar View Post
    How did the Eagles get Michael Vick to tear up his contract and sign a 1 year deal. There're 9 teams that can allow Mark Sanchez to take 8 Mill as a signing bonus if he will accept a contract that could allow him the chance to restart his career. Dispite what angry Fans like u want to believe, this kid has tape that shows his potential.
    The Eagles could have cut Vick and owed him nothing because there was no guaranteed money in his old contract.

    Please name the 9 teams that would give Sanchez $8MM signing bonus.

    He's the worst starting QB in the NFL.

  19. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    The Eagles could have cut Vick and owed him nothing because there was no guaranteed money in his old contract.

    Please name the 9 teams that would give Sanchez $8MM signing bonus.

    He's the worst starting QB in the NFL.
    For the 200th time, his guaranteed money can be restructured or frontloaded onto a new contract with a new team. Will it happen? I doubt it....but is it possible....of course it is.

  20. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by dustykeller View Post
    Sanchez isn't a fit with the Jets, that doesn't mean he wouldn't fit elsewhere.


    You guys are too emotional. Think about this objectively.
    He is BLOODY AWFUL, that makes him a non fit anywhere. I suppose Jamarcus Russell is just not a good fit in Oakland and could be a good one elsewhere.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us