Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: There's A Trade Market

Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    A 3rd round pick, or multiple picks, for the worst starting QB in the NFL?

You are the most delusional homer poster on the board.

Sanchez lacks the basic skills to play QB in the NFL. He is terrible and no stupid team out there would give up a 3rd round pick for that loser.

And BTW, he was just along for the ride in those playoff games. Other than you, nobody gives a $hit that Sanchez just happened to be the QB.
    I said multiple mid-round picks, a 4th and 5th, not inconceivable. There is nothing homer about the post, just more of your ignorant trolling.

It's funny how one day you can cry about civil responses when this is the crap you spew on this board with most of the 50,000 + useless contributions to this board.

Get a life.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    I said multiple mid-round picks, a 4th and 5th, not inconceivable. There is nothing homer about the post, just more of your ignorant trolling.

Stop back-peddling. Your exact words were: "why can't Sanchez generate a market that would say give the Jets a 3rd round pick?"

A 4th and a 5th are highly unlikely as well. As CPA said, Jets would be lucky to get a 5th and a 7th for Sanchez.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    I would be more concerned with our player evaluation and what we can do with late round picks. Since 2009 we haven't done squat with picks at round 4 or later...

So if all he fetches is a 5th and a 7th whats that gonna do for us?

Hopefully Idzik can make good with later picks.
    You think McKnight,Kerley and Powell are that bad?? Could be some hope for Jordan White and Antonio Allen as well..

Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    You think McKnight,Kerley and Powell are that bad?? Could be some hope for Jordan White and Antonio Allen as well..
    Kerley is awesome. Jury is still out on the other 2 BUT thats 3 players in 4 years...rounds 4 to 7?

GOOD TEAMS draft well in the middle. 1/2 the league is 4th rounders and after.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    Kerley is awesome. Jury is still out on the other 2 BUT thats 3 players in 4 years...rounds 4 to 7?

GOOD TEAMS draft well in the middle. 1/2 the league is 4th rounders and after.
    Ok but then you have to admit your statement Since 2009 we haven't done squat with picks at round 4 or later...
    isn't exactly true.. With Tanny trading picks the last year we had picks 1 thru 7 is 2006..

All Pro
    A 3rd round pick, or multiple picks, for the worst starting QB in the NFL?

You are the most delusional homer poster on the board.

Sanchez lacks the basic skills to play QB in the NFL. He is terrible and no stupid team out there would give up a 3rd round pick for that loser.

And BTW, he was just along for the ride in those playoff games. Other than you, nobody gives a $hit that Sanchez just happened to be the QB.
    While I'm done with Sanchez personally and agree that he has been overall pretty awful, there is another side to the coin. Sanchez has started 68 games in his professional career. Of those, he has had a QB rating of 90 or better in 21 (15 of those were 100 or better). He's had 11 games with a 65% completion rate; 7 games throwing 3 TD's or more, and 8 games where he threw more than 300 yards. Pitiful from an overall perspective, I know, but somehow maddening too, as he has shown occasions where he DOES have the basic skills and more to play at a professional level and lead his team. The whole problem with Sanchez is consistency, not fundamental ability/skills. And that consistency has gotten worse, for whatever reasons have been cited numerous times... low confidence, fear, flatness, whatever.

So the question is, will any other GM look at Sanchez's body of work and see something in the 25% of his career where he was actually pretty damn good and determine that there is something to salvage/build, or see the other 75% and consider him toast. Stranger things have happened, but my guess is that his current value is going to based on the 75%, not the 25%. Especially given that the consistency has deteriorated.

It's hilarious to me that people say that Sanchez would have no trade value, all that has to happen is Sanchez agree to restructure his contract to facilitate a trade, if players like Kolb, Schaub, and Matt Flynn can garner a market, in Kolbs case, a deal worth up to 60+ million based on a role as a fill in starter, with a much less body of work, why can't Sanchez generate a market that would say give the Jets a 3rd round pick? A 3rd or multiple mid-round picks for a player who is still 26 years old, and has won 4 playoff games? You can knock his overall stats all you want, the fact is, he has a body of work that provides potential on tape, potential because he's actually shown flashes on the biggest stage in the NFL, he just hasn't sustained it. Take away the emotion, and hatred by the Pats trolls on this board, it can be done.
    Jesus you have literally 0 understanding of how the NFL works. You make it sound like it is an asset that Sanchez has started over 60 games. IT IS NOT. All the other guys you are mentioning played well in limited time and teams were hoping it would generalize to a full time starter. Sanchez has started over 60 games and the verdict is already out. His track record DECREASES his value. There are very few QBs who improve significantly after this many starts. Do you have any idea the kind of criticism a GM would come under for giving a mid round pick and money for Mark Sanchez if he comes in and continues to perform at a level consistent with his previous body of work? That is the type of decision that gets you canned. Learn the game.

Ok but then you have to admit your statement Since 2009 we haven't done squat with picks at round 4 or later...
    isn't exactly true.. With Tanny trading picks the last year we had picks 1 thru 7 is 2006..
    That also is part of the problem. We dont have many picks and the ones we have dont pan out to an expected average. We are below average in quality players from rounds 4 and after. Whether we have all or very few...we are below average. I didnt mean to imply haven't done squat...just below NFL average.

But hey...we did get Tebow.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Rah_Rah_19 View Post
    Jesus you have literally 0 understanding of how the NFL works. You make it sound like it is an asset that Sanchez has started over 60 games. IT IS NOT. All the other guys you are mentioning played well in limited time and teams were hoping it would generalize to a full time starter. Sanchez has started over 60 games and the verdict is already out. His track record DECREASES his value. There are very few QBs who improve significantly after this many starts. Do you have any idea the kind of criticism a GM would come under for giving a mid round pick and money for Mark Sanchez if he comes in and continues to perform at a level consistent with his previous body of work? That is the type of decision that gets you canned. Learn the game.
    Come on, Sanchez has 4 playoff wins on his resume!

What more would any team want?

Stop back-peddling. Your exact words were: "why can't Sanchez generate a market that would say give the Jets a 3rd round pick?"

A 4th and a 5th are highly unlikely as well. As CPA said, Jets would be lucky to get a 5th and a 7th for Sanchez.
    I know what my exact words were:

A 3rd or multiple mid-round picks for a player who is still 26 years old, and has won 4 playoff games?
    If a player like Schaub and Kolb can garner a 2nd round pick, it's not unfathomable to think Sanchez can net a 3rd round pick.

I don't give a crap what you or CPA said, to say the "Jets would be lucky" is pure emotional and baseless drivel.

Quote Originally Posted by Rah_Rah_19 View Post
    You're wrong.

Sanchez is an asset, he is still a young player, despite your hatred, or anybody else's hatred of Sanchez, based on pure emotional anger, or otheriwise biased bull****, Sanchez is still a player that another team can consider and decide they want to try and salvage. There will be teams in the market for a QB that won't have the opportunity to get the player they scout in the draft or in FA, Sanchez is a player that would also be on that list.

If Tebow can net a 4th round pick, Sanchez, the former 5th overall pick, just 26 years old, no question about work ethic or commitment to the game, has won 4 playoff games, went to two AFCCG's, THAT is an asset the Jets can work with if they chose to shop him.

You can cry all you want, you would be wrong.

YOU learn the game, and stop hiding behind a panzy fake name. If you're going to thump your chest, be a man and put your regular handle behind it.

Detroit got a 5th or a 6th for Harrington from Miami. Sanchez has some value.

You're wrong.

Sanchez is an asset, he is still a young player, despite your hatred, or anybody else's hatred of Sanchez, based on pure emotional anger, or otheriwise biased bull****, Sanchez is still a player that another team can consider and decide they want to try and salvage. There will be teams in the market for a QB that won't have the opportunity to get the player they scout in the draft or in FA, Sanchez is a player that would also be on that list.

If Tebow can net a 4th round pick, Sanchez, the former 5th overall pick, just 26 years old, no question about work ethic or commitment to the game, has won 4 playoff games, went to two AFCCG's, THAT is an asset the Jets can work with if they chose to shop him.

YOU learn the game, and stop hiding behind a panzy fake name. If you're going to thump your chest, be a man and put your regular handle behind it.
    I think you make a valid point but I still going to think its going to take a huge sell. This is what I think needs to be the selling points:

1) He is still young and has shown some potential in the past.

2) He went through 2 subpar OC and a terrible QB coach.

3) His dismal numbers last year could of contributed to key injuries, very little WR depth, and RB's who could'nt move the chains.

In addition to these points the Jets obviously have to find a way to have Sanchez agree on a paycut. Chances are he will not unfortunately.

What will happen I think is that the Jets will draft a QB and sign a veteran on the cheap to compete vs Sanchez.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

The best example of a QB that did nothing till he got in the right system was Rich Gannon who was drafted by the Pats in the 4th rd in 1987.. He bounced around in stops with the Vikes,Skins,Chiefs and in year 12 came alive and in his first 4 years with the Raiders made 4 pro bowls and 2 all pro's.. The other QB that was considered a bust was another Pat pick Jim Plunkett but even though he was a Bowl winner he wasn't in Gannon's class QB wise.. Could Sanchez thrive somewhere else?? He has talent but where can you go to regain confidence?? Not NY that's for sure..

I didn't say that.... I was saying IF that's all we got.

I agree more with Ray here.... I think Mark has more value than that.

Jets Insider VIP
    What team in their right mind would give up anything more than maybe a conditional 6th or 7th round pick for Sanchez? And I couldn't even see anyone doing that unless Sanchez reworks his deal.

The kid has graded out as arguably the worst starting QB in the league over the past two years. There aren't exactly a bunch of teams lining up and falling over themselves to acquire that.

Face it, we're stuck with Sanchez this year.

All we can do is pray that Idzik brings in some legit competition instead of handing Mark the starting job for the 5th year in a row.

Jets Insider VIP
    The best example of a QB that did nothing till he got in the right system was Rich Gannon who was drafted by the Pats in the 4th rd in 1987.. He bounced around in stops with the Vikes,Skins,Chiefs and in year 12 came alive and in his first 4 years with the Raiders made 4 pro bowls and 2 all pro's.. The other QB that was considered a bust was another Pat pick Jim Plunkett but even though he was a Bowl winner he wasn't in Gannon's class QB wise.. Could Sanchez thrive somewhere else?? He has talent but where can you go to regain confidence?? Not NY that's for sure..
    YA Tittle didn't have a problem. I guess he had talent and a team around him and he made it in NY.

Trent Dilfer is another failed QB who was a bust in Tampa and won a SB in Baltimore.

Jets Insider VIP
    Those are two rare examples.

The exceptions, not the rule.

There are a helluva lot more Joey Harrington's, David Carr's, Matt Leinart's and Vince Young's than there are Rich Gannon's and Jim Plunkett's.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Jet View Post
    YA Tittle didn't have a problem. I guess he had talent and a team around him and he made it in NY.

Trent Dilfer is another failed QB who was a bust in Tampa and won a SB in Baltimore.
    Y.A. Tittle?

I'll never understand you guys that compare todays game to the 1950's.

And yeah, Dilfer won a Superbowl in Baltimore, where he could hand the ball off to a 2,000 yard rusher and had arguably the greatest defense of all-time to back him up.

And the Ravens still dumped him after the season.

You're wrong.

No, the definition of an Asset is something that is beneficial to a person or organization. Sanchez is the definition of a Liability (in money terms at $8mm..can't wait till that comes off the books), he is now the worst starting QB in the League and has been lower tier ALL 4 years. I've never seen a pro QB have so much difficulty even hitting a RB coming out of the back field on screen in stride.

He'll be an afterthought once this season is over. He only started his Senior season in college and even worse he only started his senior season in HS. To reach up at #5 like they did for him in retrospect was just insane. I guarantee you that if he didn't have a pretty face he wouldn't have been picked by the Jets who blew $60M and wasted 5 years in the process, that was part of their thinking, "face of the Franchise", put him on a billboard in Times Sq.

Until we have management that makes clear, concise football decisions based on merit alone, we won't see another Super Bowl for 1,000 years.