Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast
Results 181 to 200 of 209

Thread: There's A Trade Market

  1. #181
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    No, you didn't, you're a troll
    Once again, making things up as you go along... Are these not your own words? It's not just me Rah, most here see through your angry, homer, insult-laden schtick.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    Completely moronic

    ....... He may have had his struggles this year, mostly due to injuries and a supporting cast that was deficient all year due to extended injuries at multiple skill positions and then injuries to that depth all year, he lost his confidence, and he was in an offense that smothered the passing game, sure, but he also has 4 playoff wins, 2 AFCCG's where he performed WELL when on the biggest stage, that is also on tape. Has great character, has been inconsistent with leadership but mostly due to his own inconsistencies not because he can't be a leader in the locker room. He's had his ups and downs, he's still young and maturing player.

    If the Jets are able to restructure his contract, he will generate a market,
    and we can revisit this thread. ......

  2. #182
    Quote Originally Posted by GuidoYaztremski View Post
    Once again, making things up as you go along... Are these not your own words? It's not just me Rah, most here see through your angry, homer, insult-laden schtick.
    As usual, you spin for your own trolling agenda

    Although listening to Raytard, all the team needs is to get healthy, and as he's still maturing he has a chance to turn things around. That, or just convince him to walk away from over $8 million dollars so they can trade him for Foles, or some other QB with potential upside.
    That is clearly NOT what I put in that post, taken out of context, your own spin and innuendo, because you are a pathetic troll

    How does "If the Jets are able to restructure his contract, he will generate a market" translate to "all the Jets need to do is convince Sanchez to walk away for over 8 million"

    Two completely different comments, take out of context, my comment was in response to those that suggest that there will never be any market for Sanchez, and that would be fallacy.

    Still waiting on a response to your quotes, where you accuse me of posting:

    great trade market
    for Sanchez

    Give him another 3-4 years and who knows, he could be the next Eli.
    What do you think a one year rental of Revis is worth to a team in trade? Anyone with half a brain realizes that Revis will wait for the auction of his services once he hits FA.
    Where in any of my posts do I suggest any of this?

    Who's the one fabricating, troll?

  3. #183
    Quote Originally Posted by 56mehl56 View Post
    So its ok to make excuses for other players , just not Sanchez. If Sanchez went 0-8 and fumbled in a SB game , he would need a national guard escort to leave the building. And the haters would be saying I don't care if it was the Bears D , he just sucks, just like his performances this year against some quality D's ( SF, SEA, HOU, PIT).
    I am not making excuses for the guy, if you want to think he is Sanchez like, fine. I don't care if you believe he is the worse qb that ever walked the earth.
    I just gave you my reasons why I think he is a much better qb than Sanchez.

    Your the one that posted the idea of the two being similar, I just pointed out where they were not. You believe what ever you wish to believe.

  4. #184
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    Well no ****, that was the point of my rebuttal, to say that there is no market for Revis is stupid, so you wasted all that time to put your own spin on the same point I was trying to make?

    As for Sanchez, my only point on the player is that there WILL be A market if the Jets make him available and Sanchez agrees to restructure his contract. It's not going to be a large market, I'm not suggesting the Jets are going to get anything of major value for him, but I do think there will be something for him, I speculated what a possible compensation package could be, but that obviously could be wrong, no problem there, but there will be a market and as we get closer to the draft, and even after the first round or two, Sanchez could be traded anytime between now and on draft day, and even possibly after the draft, it will all depend on various factors, the first, being Sanchez agreeing to making himself tradable.

    But the Jets can play this out in a number of ways IF they wish to move on before next season, or if say a deal becomes possible for a player like Foles. Heck, the Jets could agree with the Eagles on the framework of a deal for Foles, but it would/could be contingent on a deal they can make for Sanchez.
    Ray, yes i agreed with you on every point but the possibility of there being a market for Sanchez at 3.5 mill a year. Which is where it is a beginning of an advantage cap wise to the jets to trade him. I am saying that IMO NO team would be interested in him as part of a trade at anything more than 2mill.

  5. #185
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    Ray, yes i agreed with you on every point but the possibility of there being a market for Sanchez at 3.5 mill a year. Which is where it is a beginning of an advantage cap wise to the jets to trade him. I am saying that IMO NO team would be interested in him as part of a trade at anything more than 2mill.
    Fair enough

  6. #186
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Hawthorne NJ
    Posts
    8,137
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    Ray, yes i agreed with you on every point but the possibility of there being a market for Sanchez at 3.5 mill a year. Which is where it is a beginning of an advantage cap wise to the jets to trade him. I am saying that IMO NO team would be interested in him as part of a trade at anything more than 2mill.
    See now that would depend on the trade wouldn't it, and what value, and the kind of contract we would be receiving in return?

  7. #187
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    When Woody said what ever he did say about Revis's availability I am sure ten teams called to confirm and gauge what compensation would be required. That in itself does not mean there is a market for him. If the jets said the price is 2#1 at around the value of the 10th pick- there goes the market. Raider saying there is no market for him is wrong, a team will give a 3rd for him right now and hope that he will be healed and does not care if he is resigned or not. The pats rented Talib for the last 6 games for a forth, I am sure that there would be plenty of teams that would trade a 3rd.

    Ray, the market for Revis is more determined by Revis and not the jets. What that means is that his health and contract demands determines the compensation and not what the jets want. If he says that he needs 6 years 75 to forgo Free agency even before he steps on the field, whatever market there is is going to dry up. If he says he will take a team option 5 years and 55 mill extension to his existing contract compensation including a #1 pick will be back in play.

    If he says that he needs 6 years and 75 mill at the time of the trade, the market will be zilch. But I have little doubt that some team will offer him that after he has proven he is healthy, and I am sure that he feels the same way.


    But Sanchez is not worth Crap at anything over 2 mil, Campbell signed a 1 year deal at less than 1,5m last year coming off a much better year. What kind of PR disaster would be a team spending 3.5 mill of thier cap room for a guy who over the last two years was one of the worse qb in the NFL. How would you feel if the jets paid Cassel or Vince Young that.
    Do you come from the same gene pool as Ray Ray. I'm not wrong , you just don't have a clue what your talking about.

    D Revis injury doesn't have anything to do with his trade value. ACLs injuries are very routine surgeries today and no one trades for a player without giving them extensive examination. (they will go over and see how the leg is progressing) This is the last of a teams concern.

    IF Revis wants to test FA in 2014- he fought so hard to make sure the Jets couldn't franchise tag HIm. IF he won't sign an extension with any one , than what team trading anything of value for him. Do I really have to explain this one. Its immaterial what team was willing to give them.

    NOw a couple of points on teams will still be willing to give up at least a third for one year rental because the patriots were dumb enough to give up a fourth for Talib .( short window for T brady) Couple Of questions Ray(pat)man. What is the cap hit trading D Revis compare to Talib. What IS Revis making in comparison to talib. (more money coming out of team budget) All these factors don't figure into the equation and the compensation. Also it a lot harder for a GM explaining losing D Revis (one in a lifetime player) for a third round pick versus losing Talib(no where in the same catergory) for a fourth. (Another reason even if someone was dumb enough to offer that the jets Gm couldn't make it). It would be better if he just walk away the following year (what could he do) than do make what looks like a lopsided trade.



    Last POint No team is giving up picks when they can get a player for just cash next year in FA. Jets can't use the franchise tag

    The Jets wait till training camp to try and trade D Revis. It's over because he will simply say I'm not discussing my contract till 2014(I want to test UFA)
    A lot of teams will have cash and he has 2013 to show teams he 100% healthy. Than it money money which is music to Revis and Sean Gilbert ears.
    Last edited by Raider9175; 02-18-2013 at 07:50 AM.

  8. #188
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    52,055
    Quote Originally Posted by 56mehl56 View Post
    Just curious, did you feel the same way about Tony Eason and his 41 starts from 83-86 with the Pats. He had a 58% completion pct threw 61 picks to 70 Td's . I'm sure you hold on to the fact he led the Pats to the 85-86 Sb and then made history by being the first QB to not complete a pass in the SB by going 0-6 and being pulled for Grogan. And oh yes the Pats got smoked by the Bears in that game 46-10.

    Was he utter garbage like you claim Sanchez is ??
    Although Eason was not much to write home about, he was a much better QB than Sanchez.

    And if you forgot, that '85 Bears defense was the best in NFL history.

  9. #189
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Hawthorne NJ
    Posts
    8,137
    Quote Originally Posted by Raider9175 View Post
    Do you come from the same gene pool as Ray Ray. I'm not wrong , you just don't have a clue what your talking about.

    D Revis injury doesn't have anything to do with his trade value. ACLs injuries are very routine surgeries today and no one trades for a player without giving them extensive examination. (they will go over and see how the leg is progressing) This is the last of a teams concern.

    IF Revis wants to test FA in 2014- he fought so hard to make sure the Jets couldn't franchise tag HIm. IF he won't sign an extension with any one , than what team trading anything of value for him. Do I really have to explain this one. Its immaterial what team was willing to give them.

    NOw a couple of points on teams will still be willing to give up at least a third for one year rental because the patriots were dumb enough to give up a fourth for Talib .( short window for T brady) Couple Of questions Ray(pat)man. What is the cap hit trading D Revis compare to Talib. What IS Revis making in comparison to talib. (more money coming out of team budget) All these factors don't figure into the equation and the compensation. Also it a lot harder for a GM explaining losing D Revis (one in a lifetime player) for a third round pick versus losing Talib(no where in the same catergory) for a fourth. (Another reason even if someone was dumb enough to offer that the jets Gm couldn't make it). It would be better if he just walk away the following year (what could he do) than do make what looks like a lopsided trade.



    Last POint No team is giving up picks when they can get a player for just cash next year in FA. Jets can't use the franchise tag

    The Jets wait till training camp to try and trade D Revis. It's over because he will simply say I'm not discussing my contract till 2014(I want to test UFA)
    A lot of teams will have cash and he has 2013 to show teams he 100% healthy. Than it money money which is music to Revis and Sean Gilbert ears.
    You are wrong. I'm not saying it would be smart but teams out there will trade high picks for Revis. A lot of people seem to think so, and if they do, a GM will also. I mean what did the Raiders give up for Palmer? There's always an idiot GM out there.

  10. #190
    Quote Originally Posted by Raider9175 View Post
    Do you come from the same gene pool as Ray Ray. I'm not wrong , you just don't have a clue what your talking about.

    D Revis injury doesn't have anything to do with his trade value. ACLs injuries are very routine surgeries today and no one trades for a player without giving them extensive examination. (they will go over and see how the leg is progressing) This is the last of a teams concern.

    IF Revis wants to test FA in 2014- he fought so hard to make sure the Jets couldn't franchise tag HIm. IF he won't sign an extension with any one , than what team trading anything of value for him. Do I really have to explain this one. Its immaterial what team was willing to give them.

    NOw a couple of points on teams will still be willing to give up at least a third for one year rental because the patriots were dumb enough to give up a fourth for Talib .( short window for T brady) Couple Of questions Ray(pat)man. What is the cap hit trading D Revis compare to Talib. What IS Revis making in comparison to talib. (more money coming out of team budget) All these factors don't figure into the equation and the compensation. Also it a lot harder for a GM explaining losing D Revis (one in a lifetime player) for a third round pick versus losing Talib(no where in the same catergory) for a fourth. (Another reason even if someone was dumb enough to offer that the jets Gm couldn't make it). It would be better if he just walk away the following year (what could he do) than do make what looks like a lopsided trade.



    Last POint No team is giving up picks when they can get a player for just cash next year in FA. Jets can't use the franchise tag

    The Jets wait till training camp to try and trade D Revis. It's over because he will simply say I'm not discussing my contract till 2014(I want to test UFA)
    A lot of teams will have cash and he has 2013 to show teams he 100% healthy. Than it money money which is music to Revis and Sean Gilbert ears.

    Look, if you don't think a team will trade a 3rd for Revis to rent him for the year, regardless of his contract status. Your nuts. And I would love for the pats to do so again. Revis's salary and roster bonus is 4 mill this year.
    The pats will do the same with Revis as they did with Talib, you rent him for the year and get the same round comp value a year later.

    Why you think that is bad management by BB I don;t know. The pats gave Tampa the the 130th pick in the draft to rent him for 6 games + 2 playoff games,and paid him 1.2 mill. According to most FA rankings he is the top corner available. if he signs a contract averaging 6 mill a year, the pats will get a comp about #136 in the 2014 draft. If he gets 8 mill the pats will get a 3rd or say pick #98. So they rented him for 8 games to delay getting a 4th rd pick for a year.

    Hey this GM is not the guy who gave Revis the "no tag". The jets will make a strong offer for him. If they go to their fan base and truthfully say they offered Revis 6 years and 75 mill making him the highest paid corner in the game and Revis shut them down. The jets trade him and get and third lose 3mill in cap room this year but gain it in years going forward. The jets are not going to compete this year, the fan base knows the team is rebuilding.

    While it may not be an ideal scenario getting a guaranteed 3rd rather than losing him for nothing or paying more than what they really think he is worth.
    Last edited by patman; 02-18-2013 at 09:40 AM.

  11. #191
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Naples FL
    Posts
    43,809
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    Although Eason was not much to write home about, he was a much better QB than Sanchez.

    And if you forgot, that '85 Bears defense was the best in NFL history.
    Granted the Bears had a all time great D but in the 1985 season Eason's stats were 11 tds and 17 picks..

  12. #192
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    52,055
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    Granted the Bears had a all time great D but in the 1985 season Eason's stats were 11 tds and 17 picks..
    My problem with Eason was his happy feet and deer in the headlight look.

    He had a decent arm and his accuracy was pretty good.

    But the slightest bit of pressure, he would wilt like a dying rose.

  13. #193
    D Revis injury doesn't have anything to do with his trade value. ACLs injuries are very routine surgeries today and no one trades for a player without giving them extensive examination. (they will go over and see how the leg is progressing) This is the last of a teams concern.



    LOL seriously.

    You might wish that to be the case but the idea that any team looking to pay out the kind of money that will be needed to acquire Revis isn't going to think long and hard about injury history and especially with a guy up around 28 or 29 years Old as and when(or if) he becomes available is laughable.Sure anecdotal evidence of other players recovering well such as Adrian Peterson is a consideration too but I would want my front office to absolutely take this into account.

    Personally I think it's a risk I'd be willing to take with DR but if I'm tied into a Mario Williams style contract for the next five or six years with a guy who has missed time in 2 of the last 3 seasons(not to mention his history of never being happy to honour a deal) then I would be distinctly nervous.

  14. #194
    Quote Originally Posted by Raider9175 View Post
    Do you come from the same gene pool as Ray Ray. I'm not wrong , you just don't have a clue what your talking about.

    D Revis injury doesn't have anything to do with his trade value. ACLs injuries are very routine surgeries today and no one trades for a player without giving them extensive examination. (they will go over and see how the leg is progressing) This is the last of a teams concern.

    IF Revis wants to test FA in 2014- he fought so hard to make sure the Jets couldn't franchise tag HIm. IF he won't sign an extension with any one , than what team trading anything of value for him. Do I really have to explain this one. Its immaterial what team was willing to give them.

    NOw a couple of points on teams will still be willing to give up at least a third for one year rental because the patriots were dumb enough to give up a fourth for Talib .( short window for T brady) Couple Of questions Ray(pat)man. What is the cap hit trading D Revis compare to Talib. What IS Revis making in comparison to talib. (more money coming out of team budget) All these factors don't figure into the equation and the compensation. Also it a lot harder for a GM explaining losing D Revis (one in a lifetime player) for a third round pick versus losing Talib(no where in the same catergory) for a fourth. (Another reason even if someone was dumb enough to offer that the jets Gm couldn't make it). It would be better if he just walk away the following year (what could he do) than do make what looks like a lopsided trade.



    Last POint No team is giving up picks when they can get a player for just cash next year in FA. Jets can't use the franchise tag

    The Jets wait till training camp to try and trade D Revis. It's over because he will simply say I'm not discussing my contract till 2014(I want to test UFA)
    A lot of teams will have cash and he has 2013 to show teams he 100% healthy. Than it money money which is music to Revis and Sean Gilbert ears.
    You're all over the place with your spinning, you don't even know what you're arguing anymore, you continue to be schooled, take out your notebook and sit in the corner.

    The boldface makes no sense. Revis "worked so hard?" What the hell does that mean? The Jets currently hold his cards, he is a player of the NY Jets, this isn't Revis fighting to go to FA. Revis first choice is to sign with the Jets, he's made that clear throughout. He's also made it clear he wants to be paid, top defensive player money. Now his ACL injury impacts that wish, the Jets have to tread carefully on this, they have a fan base to please, and they have a player they don't want to alienate, but if the player refuses to be reasonable throughout negotiations, the Jets have no choice but to consider moving him, to get something for him now then lose him all together for only compensation picks.

    None of what you said about the Jets not having the ability to franchise tag Revis has anything to do with the fact you are trying to spin that there is no trade market for Revis, that is asinine, it's stupid, and that market already exists, you're wrong, get it through your thick skull.

    Naturally, any trade will hinge on a prospective team's ability to extend Revis a contract, teams are not going to want to invest major compensation for a one year rental, but that doesn't change the fact that Revis DOES have a trade market.

  15. #195
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    52,055
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post

    The boldface makes no sense. Revis "worked so hard?" What the hell does that mean? The Jets currently hold his cards, he is a player of the NY Jets, this isn't Revis fighting to go to FA. Revis first choice is to sign with the Jets, he's made that clear throughout.
    This could be the dumbest thing you ever posted.

    How the hell do the Jets hold all the cards? The Jets were dumb enough to remove the franchise tag from the current contract, thus, Revis is free to walk away after this season with the Jets receiving no compensation whatsoever.

    And do you really think Revis gives two fukks about remaining with the Jets his entire career?

    He'll sign with whatever team backs up the Brinks truck. The Jets don't mean a thing to him.

  16. #196
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    You're all over the place with your spinning, you don't even know what you're arguing anymore, you continue to be schooled, take out your notebook and sit in the corner.

    The boldface makes no sense. Revis "worked so hard?" What the hell does that mean? The Jets currently hold his cards, he is a player of the NY Jets, this isn't Revis fighting to go to FA. Revis first choice is to sign with the Jets, he's made that clear throughout. He's also made it clear he wants to be paid, top defensive player money. Now his ACL injury impacts that wish, the Jets have to tread carefully on this, they have a fan base to please, and they have a player they don't want to alienate, but if the player refuses to be reasonable throughout negotiations, the Jets have no choice but to consider moving him, to get something for him now then lose him all together for only compensation picks.

    None of what you said about the Jets not having the ability to franchise tag Revis has anything to do with the fact you are trying to spin that there is no trade market for Revis, that is asinine, it's stupid, and that market already exists, you're wrong, get it through your thick skull.

    Naturally, any trade will hinge on a prospective team's ability to extend Revis a contract, teams are not going to want to invest major compensation for a one year rental, but that doesn't change the fact that Revis DOES have a trade market.
    You're mostly correct here and it's essentially exactly what Patman posted, without of course, all the juvenile name calling and petty insults. The Jets DO hold Revis' cards THIS YEAR as he is under contract. Revis however, holds sole control on whether to negotiate with the Jets or some other team, or if he wants to see what FA brings.

    You are 100% correct that there's a market. As Patman said, he easily brings a 3rd to a team on a one year rental basis. And as you intimate, he'll bring much more than that if he's willing to negotiate an extension with any trading partner. But that decision is entirely 100% up to Revis is it not? The only relevancy of the lack of Franchise Tag is it eliminates any leverage the Jets had going into this season.

  17. #197
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Mendham, NJ
    Posts
    13,751
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    This could be the dumbest thing you ever posted.

    How the hell do the Jets hold all the cards? The Jets were dumb enough to remove the franchise tag from the current contract, thus, Revis is free to walk away after this season with the Jets receiving no compensation whatsoever.

    And do you really think Revis gives two fukks about remaining with the Jets his entire career?

    He'll sign with whatever team backs up the Brinks truck. The Jets don't mean a thing to him.
    Agreed.

    Brian Costello ‏@BrianCoz
    Here is the full Revis quote to NFL Net on trade rumors: "I was speechless; I tweeted it out I was speechless." more

    Brian Costello ‏@BrianCoz
    Revis cont: "I was speechless because I didn't get a phone call. I know it's a business - just call me; don't have it lingering out there."

    Brian Costello ‏@BrianCoz
    Revis : "I need answers & I'm not getting any. Just the fact that that was put out there instead of contacting yr best player on the team."

    Brian Costello ‏@BrianCoz
    Final Revis: "If that's how you want to do business, then that's fine." All of this from NFL Network interview airing tonight at 7.


    Doesnt sound like a guy who is happy with his current team.

  18. #198
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    This could be the dumbest thing you ever posted.

    How the hell do the Jets hold all the cards? The Jets were dumb enough to remove the franchise tag from the current contract, thus, Revis is free to walk away after this season with the Jets receiving no compensation whatsoever.

    And do you really think Revis gives two fukks about remaining with the Jets his entire career?

    He'll sign with whatever team backs up the Brinks truck. The Jets don't mean a thing to him.
    I think you'll find that he said the Jets 'hold his cards'....which is significantly different to your misquote(deliberate?) that the Jets 'hold all the cards.

    Please,we understand you're in a frenzied rush to troll as there's work to be done on the next 50,000 or so posts but deliberately misrepresenting what people say is a bit pathetic..

  19. #199
    Quote Originally Posted by Redlichtie View Post
    I think you'll find that he said the Jets 'hold his cards'....which is significantly different to your misquote(deliberate?) that the Jets 'hold all the cards.

    Please,we understand you're in a frenzied rush to troll as there's work to be done on the next 50,000 or so posts but deliberately misrepresenting what people say is a bit pathetic..


    The troll can't help himself.

  20. #200
    Quote Originally Posted by GuidoYaztremski View Post
    ..., all the juvenile name calling and petty insults..
    Are you really getting on your horse to lecture others about this?

    You are the last person on this board to lecture anybody on this topic

    LOL

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us