Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: There's A Trade Market

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinstar View Post
    The issue is does Mark Sanchez believes he can convince one of the teams that doesn't have a true #1 starting QB to take a chance on him should he restructure his contract. Are u telling me that a team like the Raiders wouldn't consider offering Sanchez a 4 yr contract for 25mil incentive ladden with that 8 mil as a signing bonus.

Personally, I think the Bucs who have to either Pay Josh Freeman or trade him should make a swap with the Jets . Both these Players need a change of scenery.
    I knew there was a reason you wrote this! LOL You have always been a JOSH FREEMAN fan. You cited his size and arm strength in the past on Greenhouse. I tend to think that Freeman would be better in NY then Suckchez. But I do not over estimate his market value. IMO its not very high. I am sure that the Bucs would not want him. I think we would be just as well off going for NICK FOLES if Philly wants to trade him. He does not fit with CHIP KELLY's system at all.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Jet View Post
    I knew there was a reason you wrote this! LOL You have always been a JOSH FREEMAN fan. You cited his size and arm strength in the past on Greenhouse. I tend to think that Freeman would be better in NY then Suckchez. But I do not over estimate his market value. IMO its not very high. I am sure that the Bucs would not want him. I think we would be just as well off going for NICK FOLES if Philly wants to trade him. He does not fit with CHIP KELLY's system at all.
    Gota say KJ, I like the Foles Idea. Never gave much thought to him, but it's not a bad idea.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=brady's a catcher;4812527]Of course Tranny says that. Makes his decision to give Sanchez that moronic extension seems less moronic. His media tour is all bout reputation damage control so he can get another job.[/QUOTE

So what you're saying is that there is basically no market for a midget that can't hit a screen pass? I think he's already set the NFL record for most picks thrown to D-Linemen in just 4 years, but I could be wrong.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ctjetfan View Post
    I hate Sanchez and think he's washed up.

So, why do I have this horrible feeling that he'll go to another team and turn into an ALL-PRO?
    All Pro??? hahaha

Guy can barely hit 55% in a era where anyone going out for a pass can't be touched. If Sanchez played in Namath's era, I'm not sure he could hit 40%.

The guy was a huge reach and now is a proven bust...lets move on.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I want what you're smoking.

Sent from my LG-P769 using Tapatalk 2

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinstar View Post
    The issue is does Mark Sanchez believes he can convince one of the teams that doesn't have a true #1 starting QB to take a chance on him should he restructure his contract. Are u telling me that a team like the Raiders wouldn't consider offering Sanchez a 4 yr contract for 25mil incentive ladden with that 8 mil as a signing bonus.

Personally, I think the Bucs who have to either Pay Josh Freeman or trade him should make a swap with the Jets . Both these Players need a change of scenery.
    yes, emphatically there is no team in the nfl that would pay Sanchez that money. Al Davis is dead. Why do you think anyone thinks he is a starting qb?

Freeman for Sanchez, why? I understand that he only completed 56% of his passes but he had 27 tds with 17 int. Sanchez had 1/2 of the td passes and twice as many fumbles and a QBR 20% less. And what do you mean trade him or pay him? Freeman is a middle of the pack QB why would Tampa ever entertain a trade?

Flynn, Campbell, Moore, Alex Smith are all guys that will be picked before Sanchez if all were on the market. If David Garrard passes his physical, I would include him also.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dustykeller View Post
    Right...because M.Cavanaugh is one of the best QB coaches around.

Not to mention Schotty and Sparano being upper tier as well. Sam Bradford was unstoppable this year, and we've all seen the fantastic work Sparano has done with Henne.

Like i said, I'm not defending Sanchez....but it's not 100% his fault.
    The guy can barely hit a SCREEN PASS, you UNDERSTAND???

I don't care how bad his coaches are, makes NO difference...say it to yourself SLOWLY..."Mark Sanchez can barely hit a screen pass and yet he masquerades as an NFL QB".

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    I don't believe it unless we structure it in a way that we still take a hell of a financial hit. Tanny is full of it. If he is not full of it and the Jets don't trade Sanchez they are the dumbest org of all time. Most teams realize that it was the New York Jets that won those playoff games, not Mark Sanchez.
    LOL, right, because you know better, not a former NFL GM that does STILL have connections throughout the league.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Tinstar's post obviously went over your head.

Despite Mark's lack of success last season, he's still young and has 2 trips to the AFC championship under his belt. There's trade value there.

It may come down to Sanchez needing a change of scenery.
    Exactly, only half of the Jets fans on this board are only interested in dumping and/or killing the player for things they can't fathom.

It also may come down to the Jets feeling they themselves may still be in Sanchez' market, will evaluate him when the off-season training program starts, which will be before the draft, and may decide to stick with him with the hope that they are the benefactors of Sanchez turning it around. Either scenario, a trade because Sanchez will have a market, or retaining him for a chance to salvage because he will still have value.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    No one in their right mind would give up anything of value for any of the QB's on our roster.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    I hope and pray you are right. But I think you are batsh1t crazy.
    +1...I wish we could trade him and dump his contract.

Huge market? no.. Had we had a real QB coach, he would have developed better, no doubt about it, but he's not upper echelon QB, without the long out arm, the height problem, the slow processing (mentally). The lock-in eyes, like a deer sometimes.

We already know that if he has upper echelon talent, he can manage to get a team close, but he can not be "the guy".

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by EM31 View Post
    +1

I would also add that nobody is buying what he is shoveling.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GuidoYaztremski View Post
    Didn't go over my head at all. As others have noted, his current contract makes him untradable. And I see no reason why he wouldn't take his final payday as he'll likely never see that kind of money again.

And honestly, do you REALLY see a Qb where a change of scenery will make the difference, or do you see a QB without the skill set to read defenses, find the open receiver, make the necessary throughs with solid decision making, all traits required of a good NFL QB today?
    WRONG, as usual, despite your trolling.

Sanchez can agree to restructure his contract that would make him tradable. A reason for him to do so, would allow him to be moved to a change of scenery, which could be something that appeals to him.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    WRONG, as usual, despite your trolling.

Sanchez can agree to restructure his contract that would make him tradable. A reason for him to do so, would allow him to be moved to a change of scenery, which could be something that appeals to him.
    Lets say Sanchez restructured his deal so his base salary is cut to $3 million next season. Who is trading for him?

And you can't say Al Davis he's dead.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sanchez isn't a fit with the Jets, that doesn't mean he wouldn't fit elsewhere.

You guys are too emotional. Think about this objectively.
    LOL +1

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    The entire Nation witnessed the 'Butt Fumble' ... There is no market.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    Lets say Sanchez restructured his deal so his base salary is cut to $3 million next season. Who is trading for him?

If you know anything about AL Davis Mark Sanchez doesn't have the big time arm he prefers in his Qb's. To play in his vertical offense. So if Al Davis was alive why would he want Mark Sanchez. When he would have now the perfect QB(C Palmer) for his system. Makes zero sense.

If Al Davis was alive he would rather go with his last draft pick ever T Pryor over M Sanchez. Raiders will know real soon what they have in T Pryor. He showed very good touch in his first start but the problem is every pass was soft. He has to demonstrate he can throw the football on a rope accurately. ( he said he wasn't used to throwing with defenders at his legs it will work on that this offseaqson) If he doesn't show improvement there than he will never be an NFL starting Qb. I wouldn't bet against the KId who the anti jamarcus Russell.
    Last edited by Raider9175; 02-14-2013 at 11:37 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, it most certainly is.

I have no idea how they would divvy up the guaranteed portion of his contract. The point i'm trying to make and you're failing to grasp is that it's not out of the realm of possibility.

If the Jets wanted to trade Sanchez, it certainly can happen. There are options (a new contract, a restructured contract, the Jets taking on part of the original guaranteed salary).

You're making an assumption that he's untradeable because of his recent play and his contract. That's a total fallacy....sorry.
    A fallacy, and just the usual anti-Jets trolling...

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    For the 200th time, I know his contract can be restructured or frontloaded.

That doesn't change the fact that a team would still be on the hook for $8MM which is still guaranteed. It's either pay now, or pay later.
    It's hilarious to me that people say that Sanchez would have no trade value, all that has to happen is Sanchez agree to restructure his contract to facilitate a trade, if players like Kolb, Schaub, and Matt Flynn can garner a market, in Kolbs case, a deal worth up to 60+ million based on a role as a fill in starter, with a much less body of work, why can't Sanchez generate a market that would say give the Jets a 3rd round pick? A 3rd or multiple mid-round picks for a player who is still 26 years old, and has won 4 playoff games? You can knock his overall stats all you want, the fact is, he has a body of work that provides potential on tape, potential because he's actually shown flashes on the biggest stage in the NFL, he just hasn't sustained it. Take away the emotion, and hatred by the Pats trolls on this board, it can be done.
    Last edited by Ray Ray19; 02-14-2013 at 11:52 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post

Tinstar did a nice job of laying out 9 teams that figure to all be in the market for a QB this year, there will be more with shaky QB positions, where a team could consider bringing in Sanchez to compete for their starting job, just as the Jets will be looking to possibly bring in a player like Matt Flynn or maybe a Matt Hasselback to do the same.