Thread: Tanny to be on NFLN Tonight

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

Tanny to be on NFLN Tonight

Tanny will be on NFLN tonight, 2/14 @ 7PM.

I wouldn't be surprised if this isn't a sort of audition to fill Lombardi's shoes.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah. We have been discussing it in another thread. I think he is looking for a TV job too.

How you feeling?

EDIT - Just checked your thread. Glad to hear everything went well. Best of luck with the recovery.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetworks View Post
    Tanny will be on NFLN tonight, 2/14 @ 7PM.

I wouldn't be surprised if this isn't a sort of audition to fill Lombardi's shoes.
    He was on ProFootballTalk kinda in that role and he was HORRIBLE. He cant give truthful detailed answers, hes much too much of a politician. Evasive and vague and unforthcoming.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Yeah. We have been discussing it in another thread. I think he is looking for a TV job too.

How you feeling?
    With all these TV road shows Tanny is going on, has anyone asked him point blank why he gave Sanchez that ridiculous extension?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    With all these TV road shows Tanny is going on, has anyone asked him point blank why he gave Sanchez that ridiculous extension?
    Yes.

His answer was that is he knew Mark was going to turn the ball over 26 times he wouldn't have done it. LOL.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, and he gave the worst possible answer - it doesn't seem like a good decision in hindsight.

This guy is an egotistical hubris filled jackass. The only thing I can think of him being worse at than GM'ing, is talking about it on TV. He sounds like his mouth is full of marbles and he is out of breath and is a 33 record going at 78.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnysd View Post
    He was on ProFootballTalk kinda in that role and he was HORRIBLE. He cant give truthful detailed answers, hes much too much of a politician. Evasive and vague and unforthcoming.
    Sounds like he would make a perfect analyst for ESPN

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nothing Tannenbaum says seems to interest me. I would rather listen to Mangini. Tannenbaum will eventually land a office job for some team but I don't think we will see him on TV or as a GM again.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes.

His answer was that is he knew Mark was going to turn the ball over 26 times he wouldn't have done it. LOL.
    That's kind of a weird statement: He turned the ball over 26 times last season, too.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes. During SB week. He said hewas coming off a 32 TD season and it enabled them to get cost certainty at the QB position for 5 yrs.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Yes. During SB week. He said hewas coming off a 32 TD season and it enabled them to get cost certainty at the QB position for 5 yrs.
    Spoken like a true bean counter.

Cost certainty. Not talent certainty.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Spoken like a true bean counter.

Cost certainty. Not talent certainty.
    i guess the 32 TDs part went unnoticed..or his 2010 season or playoff performances...Yes, it looks bad now..but at the time it wasn't a terrible decision..A BIG if..But if Mornhinweg can straighten Sanchez out it still might be a good contract...If he can't he's gone in '14...

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bean counter just said on NFLN that if he was starting a franchise he would take Russell Wilson.

Bradway must be laughin his ass off.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Manish Mehta ‏@MMehtaNYDN
    Former Jets GM Mike Tannenbaum said on @NFLNetwork that he'd take Russell Wilson over Andrew Luck, RG3 and Colin Kaepernick? I laughed. Hard

Manish exposing himself as an idiot.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Manish Mehta ‏@MMehtaNYDN
    Former Jets GM Mike Tannenbaum said on @NFLNetwork that he'd take Russell Wilson over Andrew Luck, RG3 and Colin Kaepernick? I laughed. Hard

Manish exposing himself as an idiot.
    @7BOOMERESIASON: @MMehtaNYDN now is a good time to DUMP on Mike T since you don't have to cover him anymore. I laughed hard when I saw this.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    @7BOOMERESIASON: @MMehtaNYDN now is a good time to DUMP on Mike T since you don't have to cover him anymore. I laughed hard when I saw this.
    Good for Boomer to stand up for Mr. T. Manish is an ass.