Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Cruise Ship Ordeal (aka a Floating Petri Dish) Nearing Hellish End

All League
    I couldn't resist...

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by The Hit Stick View Post
    How anyone trapped in an office all year would want to be trapped on a floating hotel as a vacation is beyond me. Pretty sure this whole industry runs off the promise of an unreasonably low price--say $99 per person for a 3 day cruise. By the time these (mostly sourthern and midwestern) folks are on the boat, the hidden fees come flying out of the woodwork, but at that point they;re too drunk to care.
    I enjoyed going to the different islands and that was about it. First and last time I will go on a cruise. You are right on the money about hidden fees and all that. I probably spent 1000 more than I thought I would. Would rather do an all-inclusive to St. Martin and spend all day at the beach.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishooked View Post

It's been dubbed the 'Poop Cruise'

It's the Butt-Fumble of cruises.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    What a disaster!

It was supposed to be an enjoyable, entertaining ride for thousands of people. Tons of smiling faces and memories. They were promised a great time.

Then, as quickly as it gets started, it's a total mess. Disgruntled customers and a sh!tty ride to nowhere!

I'm talking of course about the 2012 Jets season and the unkept promises made to Jets fans.

Just leave your steaming bags of crap at the Pepsi gate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishooked View Post

It's been dubbed the 'Poop Cruise'

Lmao!

Like I said, we only did one. We couldnt believe how many people were there for the food angle as in "you can eat all day, blablabla".

We like our food, but that whole angle was a bit weird.

People who normally subsist on 500 calories a day in their homelands, emerging from the bowels of the ship to serve fat Americans 10,000 calories a day whilst working 20 hour shifts.

Makes sense to me.

Couple that with no working terlets....

-

Veteran
    Never been on a cruise, not looking good for going on one now

My sister was on a cruise that lost power for 2 days (fortunately, no fire). They were able to fix it and get back to port. She never went on one again, though.

Veteran
    Then, there's always this . . . probably not a good idea to share a cruise cabin with an ex-spouse

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/02/17...st=latestnews#

Man accused of killing ex-wife aboard Italian cruise ship

A California man has been arrested in southwest Florida on an outstanding murder warrant in the death of his ex-wife, who went overboard from an Italian cruise ship seven years ago.

Kocontes' ex-wife, Micki Kanesaki, plunged into the Mediterranean on May 26, 2006, off the Island Escape, which was sailing between Sicily and Naples, according to the FBI. Her body washed ashore the next day in Calabria in southwest Italy.

Kanesaki, 52, was sharing a cabin with Kocontes, her ex-husband. They divorced in 2002 after six years of marriage but lived together in their Mission Viejo, Calif., home until 2005, court records showed.

Kanesaki left the cabin around 1 a.m. to get a cup of tea, Andy Furlong, a spokesman for ship owner Island Cruises, said at the time. Kocontes, a lawyer, reported her missing after he woke up and couldn't find her after a search, Furlong said.

Prosecutors said Saturday that Kocontes strangled Kaneski to death on board the ship and then threw her overboard.

Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    Lmao!

Like I said, we only did one. We couldnt believe how many people were there for the food angle as in "you can eat all day, blablabla".

We like our food, but that whole angle was a bit weird.

People who normally subsist on 500 calories a day in their homelands, emerging from the bowels of the ship to serve fat Americans 10,000 calories a day whilst working 20 hour shifts.

Makes sense to me.

Couple that with no working terlets....

-
    When did gorging oneself become a pastime or major selling point for cruises and other 'leisure" activities?

Gonna go read 'Fall of the Roman Empire" now. Guessing it will look all too familiar though.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by frostlich View Post
    When did gorging oneself become a pastime or major selling point for cruises and other 'leisure" activities?

Gonna go read 'Fall of the Roman Empire" now. Guessing it will look all too familiar though.
    They realize that the only thing they can do for free on the ship is stuff themselves to death. I couldn't think of anything worse than spending a vacation feeling like a stuffed pig all the time.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsfanfromtheBURGH View Post
    They realize that the only thing they can do for free on the ship is stuff themselves to death. I couldn't think of anything worse than spending a vacation feeling like a stuffed pig all the time.
    I feel that way about hockey.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Peebag View Post
    Go penis!

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Quote Originally Posted by brady's a catcher View Post
    Go penis!
    Lolz

I loves Bink Crosby

-

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Star Lady View Post
    Never been on a cruise, not looking good for going on one now

My sister was on a cruise that lost power for 2 days (fortunately, no fire). They were able to fix it and get back to port. She never went on one again, though.
    Cruises are not created equal. Not even close. I've been on a few, yet I would never consider going on a 4 day pig-out booze fest or even a week long one on a bargain cruiseline like Carnival, or on of the behemoth ships that carry 4000 passengers and stop at crummy ports that are packed with 5-8 similar ships.

There actually are some places that are better seen from the deck of a ship. Alaska is one such place. In the Caribbean, if you can handle the expense, sailing on a smaller luxury ship like any from the Raddison line will blow you away with their small ports of call, 5 star service and cuisine, and luxury stateroom. It's like staying in a waterfront suite in a nice hotel that happens to have an ever-changing view. All without crap-tastic buffets, all-you-can-heat pizza and ice cream, and sugary syrup based cocktails. Sure you'll miss out on limbo and belly-flop contests, but you'll be able to have a small private tour of Inca or Aztec ruins, jet ski from the stern of the ship, skin dive in pristine reefs, and get served chilled champagne while knee deep in pristine Caribbean waters on a private island. Or try a river cruise in Europe on a ship with only 200 couples and see a bit of the country side you would never see on a land based vacation. I've done one in France and also one to Budapest which started in Amsterdam. And on all those cruises, no one ever once had to crap in a bag.
    Last edited by GuidoYaztremski; 02-17-2013 at 07:37 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by brady's a catcher View Post
    Go penis!
    X-pollination FTW!