Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: OOOOF

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LSJF View Post
    What happened in 2011 and 2012? The playoff game was long ago and far away...
    Exactly.

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Post Thanks / Like
    where they breathe.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Laxman View Post
    Teams change, from year to year. A fluke has nothing to do with what has occurred since then. In 2009, the Jets and Pats split...... in 2010, they split again, with the Jets winning the rubber match, in the playoffs.

That is NOT a fluke.
    It is a fluke because since then the jets have not defeated the pats.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    Fluke this, fluke that, these are arbitrary terms used to shape team history narratives. The bolded is what Jets fans should be most concerned about right now. I think there are a few whose minds never left Foxboro in Jan. '11.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    That doesn't make it a fluke. As I said, the Jets teams of '09 and '10 are completely different from the teams of '11 and '12. It doesn't matter what's happened since..... the Jets team of '10 was the last time the Jets were considered a good team. Even going back to the Mangini era, the two teams split there games. The Pats are on a 4 game winning streak, against the Jets, nothing more. Those 4 games do not take away from the fact that the Jets won that '10 playoff game, for their 2nd victory over the Pats, that season..... and their 3rd in 5 games, 4th of 7 games. With those teams, they were very evenly matched....... no FLUKE.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LSJF View Post
    What happened in 2011 and 2012? The playoff game was long ago and far away...
    Different teams, different results...... doesn't make it a fluke. By the logic that the Jets haven't won, since, so it was a fluke...... the Pats victory over the Giants, in their 16-0 season, must have been a fluke.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    That doesn't make it a fluke. As I said, the Jets teams of '09 and '10 are completely different from the teams of '11 and '12. It doesn't matter what's happened since..... the Jets team of '10 was the last time the Jets were considered a good team. Even going back to the Mangini era, the two teams split there games. The Pats are on a 4 game winning streak, against the Jets, nothing more. Those 4 games do not take away from the fact that the Jets won that '10 playoff game, for their 2nd victory over the Pats, that season..... and their 3rd in 5 games, 4th of 7 games. With those teams, they were very evenly matched....... no FLUKE.
    Exactly... except the next time the Pats and Jets get together will be in 2013...who would you bet on?

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ASG0531 View Post
    Exactly... except the next time the Pats and Jets get together will be in 2013...who would you bet on?
    The Jets have a new system to implement, personnel decisions to make, and the schedule isn't even out, yet. Only an idiot would bet with that many unknowns. That being said, I never bet on my team, anyway..... it's too easy to bet with your heart, instead of your head. Although, even when the Jets are a bad team, they have the ability to outplay the Pats..... they outplayed them in the first game they lost this past year. The Jets have a coach that's good enough to beat them..... the players remain to be seen.
    Last edited by Laxman; 02-14-2013 at 06:15 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    More disappointed than Sanchez? He was probably thinking he could get another extension.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Jets have a new system to implement, personnel decisions to make, and the schedule isn't even out, yet. Only an idiot would bet with that many unknowns. That being said, I never bet on my team, anyway..... it's too easy to bet with your heart, instead of your head. Although, even when the Jets are a bad team, they have the ability to outplay the Pats..... they outplayed them in the first game they lost this past year. The Jets have a coach that's good enough to beat them..... the players remain to be seen.
    I can confirm via my sources that there will be a game in new jersey and one in foxboro. And the jets do play the pats well, and vice versa, it's called divisional rivalry. All four teams in the AFCEast know each other better than any other teams and build themselves to beat each other.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    That game wasn't a fluke. As has been previously asserted we were competitive with the Pats during the 09-10 seasons. Whether we are now is irrelevant and has much more to do with team building than the outcome of a game. Pats fans are just still sore about a wasted opportunity and a first round knockout at the hands of a hated rival.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post
    Every time the Patriots lose in the playoffs is a fluke? Was it a fluke when the Giants beat them twice in the super bowl?
    Actually yes, those were flukes. The other Pats losses, not so much.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    They'll be even more disappointed when the Jets finally dump Tebow.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'll really sleep better if this "was it a fluke?" debate could just get resolved. Gotta know how I'm supposed to feel about a single game from three years ago.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    lol

I can tell that one stung a little, Tx.
    How could it not sting? His team lost to a team that was "QB"ed by Mark Sanchez.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Gibby View Post
    Wow. Four fluke unearned superbowl victorys about a million years ago
    Three, lets not give the douchebags another one.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    Wow, one fluke game over 3 years ago.
    That's a hell of a fluke considering the Pats 45-3 embarrassment a month earlier.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Different teams, different results...... doesn't make it a fluke. By the logic that the Jets haven't won, since, so it was a fluke...... the Pats victory over the Giants, in their 16-0 season, must have been a fluke.
    No disrespect, I have to admit, I don't know what you are getting at... 09, 10 and our playoff victory were nice, but we have gotten worse, that's no fluke...giants got two lucky wins vs the pats in the superbowl, i hate both of those teams...

All League
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenJoe View Post
    Well, at least they're disappointed. Baby steps...
    The Gap is closing......

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tackleem View Post
    Mehta on Twitter just now: "League executive told me the most disappointed people in the NFL on the day the Jets fired Mike Tannenbaum were... the Patriots. #nyj"
    That's such a BS quote .. unless someone has the marbles to put their name to that quote what weight does it carry. Sounds like a wisecrack overheard in a bar somewhere in Massachusetts.

It gutter journalism this "league executive told me ..." stuff.
    I don't think the Patriots give a damn about who runs the New York Jets, they are focused on running the Patriots.

I am not and was not a fan of Mike Tannenbaum but drafting Couples and Wilkerson in the last two years, signing Laron Landry are not exactly consistent with what this anonymous quote suggests.