Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mayock says Warmack-best player on tape

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by chirorob View Post
    Seattle made a Super Bowl with a good running back running (spacing the name) behind Hutchinson and Walter Jones on left tackle.

Cleveland puts Womack next to Thomas, with Richardson running behind them, you are going to hear the phrase, "Richardson, run for 8, Cleveland, second down and 2 yards to go" a lot. And any QB looks good on 2nd and 2.
    Alexander and he was a great RB. Best in the league for 2 years.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    Alexander and he was a great RB. Best in the league for 2 years.
    Set the single season TD record didn't he?

He was great for 2 years. There was a good Matt Hasselback quote their Super Bowl year where he said that whenever the offense got in trouble, they could just run weak side between the guard and tackle and KNOW they had a positive play coming. Then Minnesota poisen pilled Hutch, and he was gone.

My point being that could be great for Cleveland for several years. Great LT, great LG, potentially studly RB running behind them.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    They have taken 2 QBs high in 2 years. If they don't want either I'll take either. If I am McCoy I'd flat out ask to be traded. McCoy is a guy I wanted for this team and Weeden doesn't look bad either.
    McCoy blows and Weeden is a 30 year old scrub rookie. Chudzinski the new GM did not draft them and he will have a much easier time trading them than Idzik will trying to trade Tebow/Sanchez.

Browns need to go either QB or Wide Receiver bad.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I love how 1 week ago the consensus was "You can't take a Guard in the top 10." Now it's "No way Warmack makes it outta the top 5."

The truth is in the middle somewhere. Has been the entire time.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    @MoveTheSticks: Chance Warmack checked in at 6'2 317 lbs. Smaller than expected but he did have 34 6/8 inch arms

@MoveTheSticks: Jonathan Cooper 6'2 1/8 311 lbs. Lane Johnson 6'6 303. #NFLCombine
    Last edited by C Mart; 02-21-2013 at 09:14 AM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Tony Pauline ‏@TonyPauline
    Combine News & Notes Day 1: more teams starting to grade Jonathan Cooper/G/UNC ahead of Chance Warmack/G/Bama: http://www.draftinsider.net/

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    Combine News & Notes Day 1: more teams starting to grade Jonathan Cooper/G/UNC ahead of Chance Warmack/G/Bama: http://www.draftinsider.net/
    LOL

Cooper may be the better athlete, but there's no way anyone can convince me that he's the better football player.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    WOW.

Would love to know why. Can't wait to see the linemen this year. Got my DVR set.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ouch, a blow to all the Warmackians!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    WOW.

Would love to know why. Can't wait to see the linemen this year. Got my DVR set.
    The only reason right now could be that Warmack was a little lighter than some thought he was.

We see this every year though, a lot of this is smoke screens by teams. If you really like Warmack, wouldnt it make sense to publicly declare that you think Cooper is a better prospect?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Tony's great but the smokescreens are starting?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    @Gil_Brandt: Just had lunch with Chance Warmack. Has size 18 foot. He can't understand why he has such big feet and isn't taller. #NFLCombine

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    @Gil_Brandt: Just had lunch with Chance Warmack. Has size 18 foot. He can't understand why he has such big feet and isn't taller. #NFLCombine
    Geez. No wonder it's impossible to knock this kid down.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow. Who knew we had two top all time guard prospects coming out in the same draft. I'd be shocked if either of these guys lasted until pick 9.

Maybe we can trade Revis for a later round first, and use that pick and our own to trade into the top 5 to grab one of these future hall of famers..

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    His passblocking IS all-world.

The guy gave up 2.5 sacks in his entire college career facing some of the most dominant DL in the country.

There's nothing about Warmack that ISN'T all-world.
    They throw a lot less in college, have fewer games, and he was on a dominant running team which softens up a pass defense. He'll be facing better players in the NFL.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    LOL

Cooper may be the better athlete, but there's no way anyone can convince me that he's the better football player.
    He could be the better player in a ZBS. I don't know if I agree, but that's the point of that tweet and the argument some personnel execs are making.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    McCoy blows and Weeden is a 30 year old scrub rookie. Chudzinski the new GM did not draft them and he will have a much easier time trading them than Idzik will trying to trade Tebow/Sanchez.

Browns need to go either QB or Wide Receiver bad.
    Both are better then anything we have. I feel McCoy was given a raw deal. The WR core was the worst I ever saw and he still didn't look bad. Weeden looked OK in his 1st year. Showed more then Sanchez ever did and had half the weapons. He has a good head on him. A few QBs started their careers late in age. It is more the miles on him then the year we aren't talking RB or WR here. How old was Steve Young in 91? Rich Gannon was also a bench player for years. Weeden could have 7-10 years of great ball in him you never know.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Both are better then anything we have. I feel McCoy was given a raw deal. The WR core was the worst I ever saw and he still didn't look bad. Weeden looked OK in his 1st year. Showed more then Sanchez ever did and had half the weapons. He has a good head on him. A few QBs started their careers late in age. It is more the miles on him then the year we aren't talking RB or WR here. How old was Steve Young in 91? Rich Gannon was also a bench player for years. Weeden could have 7-10 years of great ball in him you never know.
    I get it you really like Cleveland's QB's. 99% of the world doesn't. I would actually take Tebow over McCory and Weedhead and I hate Tebow.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by shuler82 View Post
    Wow. Who knew we had two top all time guard prospects coming out in the same draft. I'd be shocked if either of these guys lasted until pick 9.

Maybe we can trade Revis for a later round first, and use that pick and our own to trade into the top 5 to grab one of these future hall of famers..
    Wow so now 2 Guards are being selected in the top 8 of the draft and it's inevitable? What a reversal of fortune just 1 week ago the pro-Warmack people were labeled as retarded because they wanted to take a Guard with a top 10 pick.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    Wow so now 2 Guards are being selected in the top 8 of the draft and it's inevitable? What a reversal of fortune just 1 week ago the pro-Warmack people were labeled as retarded because they wanted to take a Guard with a top 10 pick.
    Look up...