Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Mayock says Warmack-best player on tape

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like

Mayock says Warmack-best player on tape

NFL Network's Mike Mayock stated on the Rich Eisen Podcast that Alabama OG Chance Warmack is the best 2013 draft-eligible prospect he's seen on film.
    "The best player I've seen on tape is the guard from Alabama, Chance Warmack," said Mayock. "Now he's not going No. 1, but he's the best football player (in the draft)." Mayock expects the 2013 draft to be heavy on offensive and defensive linemen in the first round, because they are the strength of the draft. Warmack is also Rotoworld draft analyst Josh Norris' top-rated 2013 player.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/cfb/...chance-warmack

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    But...but...you don't draft a guard in the Top 10!!!

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    But...but...you don't draft a guard in the Top 10!!!
    There are always exceptions to the rule but you better make sure he is the man. Same thing for Rb IMO. If he turns out to be Adrian Peterson then ok otherwise dont do it

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jets31 View Post
    There are always exceptions to the rule but you better make sure he is the man. Same thing for Rb IMO. If he turns out to be Adrian Peterson then ok otherwise dont do it
    The kid is basically John Hannah dipped in chocolate.

I'm not passing on that in favor of the 3rd/4th rated passrusher.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

So i guess you will be trading up for him.Why is the player many are saying is the best football player on tape in this draft not being taken with the 1st overall pick.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Well as of right now Im not blown away by any of the pass rushers so if Warmack is there for us to take then I would be for it.

We arent top 5 so its not crazy and he seems like the king of guy that could transform our line back to greatness.

I have to admit it would look pretty good with him between Brick and Mangold.

My fear with taking him is then where the hell do we get a pass rusher from?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinstar View Post
    So i guess you will be trading up for him.Why is the player many are saying is the best football player on tape in this draft not being taken with the 1st overall pick.
    How do you know he won't be? Pace was the #1 pick in 97, and from all accounts, Warmack rated higher than he was.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinstar View Post

You're talking about the #1 overall pick vs the 6-10 range.

Of course Warmack won't go with the 1st overall pick. But it wouldn't shock me at all if he goes to Cleveland at #6, thus becoming the highest selected OG in NFL Draft history. He's worth it.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Of course Warmack won't go with the 1st overall pick. But it wouldn't shock me at all if he goes to Cleveland at #6, thus becoming the highest selected OG in NFL Draft history. He's worth it.
    Well i don't want him, and i hope he's gone before we pick. If we pick him i will support the pick, because i am a Jet fan. I want to draft Ezekiel Ansah with our 1st round pick as of today. I wanted to take the LT Fisher, but i don't think this Ansah kid is going to make it to the Bucs Pick .

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

People can debate the notion if a guard should be taken in the top 10, but in this years draft he could be the safest, lowest risk pick at #9. Three years from now no one will be talking about if the Jets reached a few spots in the draft to get him.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Russell Lande ‏@RUSSLANDE
    If ever an OG would go in Top 10 Warmack should be that guy. Gallery who was taken #2 overall turned out to be an OG so one never knows.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

That would be a blessing if a friggin Guard goes before we pick. Throw in a QB or two in the top 8, along with a Safety, and we might be in great shape to draft a pass-rusher.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by section314 View Post
    How do you know he won't be? Pace was the #1 pick in 97, and from all accounts, Warmack rated higher than he was.
    Pace was a LT, not a Guard. That's like the difference between a Closer and a set-up man in Baseball.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    People can debate the notion if a guard should be taken in the top 10, but in this years draft he could be the safest, lowest risk pick at #9. Three years from now no one will be talking about if the Jets reached a few spots in the draft to get him.
    Exactly

If the Jets draft Warmack and he's out there consistently annihilating everyone in front of him and opening up huge, gaping holes in the running game for the next decade, no one will give two sh*ts where we drafted him.

"I don't care where they were drafted, I care if they can play"

- Bill Walsh

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Been saying it all along. Warmack needs to be the Jets' guy at #9. Low risk, high reward that will pay off immediately.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Exactly

If the Jets draft Warmack and he's out there consistently annihilating everyone in front of him and opening up huge, gaping holes in the running game for the next decade, no one will give two sh*ts where we drafted him.

- Bill Walsh
    I luv the idea of getting a "can't miss" player with our 1st round pick, plus it is a huge need people, Moore is old & a broken down horse, Slausen is a Jag that can't move at the 2nd level, or get to the 2nd level & gets zero push.
    DBrick - Warmack- Mangold!
    That's the best left side of a line in all of football.
    The only reason guards were not considered 1st round picks was the old draft slotting & pay scale.
    The new rookie salary cap for the 1st round changes everything.
    Teams with bad Olines don't win Superbowls.
    Packers
    Falcons
    Lions
    Eagles
    Patriots
    All teams with QBs & numerous skill players whose Olines let them down in the playoffs
    The team whose Oline played best, the Ravens won the bowl.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Exactly

- Bill Walsh
    Plus people have to remember that the Jets have a first year GM that has never been in charge of draft. I would think taking the less risky, safest pick that also fills a huge need would be a smart way to go for a first year GM.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Plus people have to remember that the Jets have a first year GM that has never been in charge of draft. I would think taking the less risky, safest pick that also fills a huge need would be a smart way to go for a first year GM.
    Agreed. I get the idea behind NOT taking a Guard this high, but he is as close to a can't miss prospect as you will find, he will make our OL instantly better, fills a need (we are desperate for improved Guard play) and he fits our desire to be more effective running the ball.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Russell Lande ‏@RUSSLANDE
    If ever an OG would go in Top 10 Warmack should be that guy. Gallery who was taken #2 overall turned out to be an OG so one never knows.
    Gallery was drafted to be an offensive tackle, and couldn't hack it.

I hope the Jets get Warmack. You want to make any QB look good? Give him a massive O-Line. You want to make any RB look like a stud? Give him a huge crease to run behind.

Any offensive co-ordinator can look good with consistent second and 5, or second and 4. Third and 1? No problems.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

I hope he's there at 9. All of the people that don't want to take a guard will be singing a different tune halfway through the season.