Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Perfect Plan. (A Real Mock)

Undrafted Free Agent
    I didn't even get to the draft part...the FA portion was just awful.

One bourbon, one scotch, one beer......

Quote Originally Posted by thegoldengod View Post
    I didn't even get to the draft part...the FA portion was just awful.

We're going to have 0 cap room, and no money to sign any big free agents. I swear some Jets are literally the least knowledgable people I ever met.

Sorry to be harsh, but I hate this plan completely.

One of the worst plans I have ever seen

Any plan with Sanchez going into camp as #1 is complete fail.

Any plan that does not draft a QB at some point is complete fail,

Brady Quinn and Bruce Gradkowski??????

Your signings are over priced and your trades unrealistic and bad for the Jets.

WOW

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by K-Ro 25 View Post
    We're going to have 0 cap room, and no money to sign any big free agents. I swear some Jets are literally the least knowledgable people I ever met.
    For having zero cap room, you added over 20 million per year in salary with your s**ty free agent signings. Where is the cap room for those signings? That was a horrific off season plan.

Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    For having zero cap room, you added over 20 million per year in salary with your s**ty free agent signings. Where is the cap room for those signings? That was a horrific off season plan.
    I retained Dustin Keller at 5.5 million per season.

I signed Connor Barwin at under 6 million per season.

Braylon and Feely received deals under 2 million.

I signed a bunch of high ceiling/legit role players to league minimum 1 year contract cap holds, that we'll need to fill out a roster.

Next time, try to know what you're talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnysd View Post
    Sorry to be harsh, but I hate this plan completely.

One of the worst plans I have ever seen

Any plan with Sanchez going into camp as #1 is complete fail.

Any plan that does not draft a QB at some point is complete fail,

Brady Quinn and Bruce Gradkowski??????

Your signings are over priced and your trades unrealistic and bad for the Jets.

WOW
    There aren't any quality QB's in this draft. Go ahead draft Glennon, Wilson, Nassib.

NONE of those QB's will become franchise QB's. This is the worst QB class I've seen in the last decade. Do you just want a QB for the hell of it? How about put some research into the draft class before critiquing. You build the foundation, and next year, in a QB heavy class, draft your franchise QB.

Keller's contract would make him the 11th highest paid Tight End in the league. How is that ridiculous? I don't understand some of you guys. And if our biggest issue is Braylon making 2 million for 2 years, I'd be extremely excited.

There aren't any quality QB's in this draft. Go ahead draft Glennon, Wilson, Nassib.

NONE of those QB's will become franchise QB's. This is the worst QB class I've seen in the last decade. Do you just want a QB for the hell of it? How about put some research into the draft class before critiquing. You build the foundation, and next year, in a QB heavy class, draft your franchise QB.
    Here's the point: you DO NOT know that.

As Walsh used to say draft a QB in every draft. Gradkowski and Quinn are much more worthless than drafting a QB. The draft is different now, it is not prohibitive to take a chance on a Glennon or Nassib or Tyler Wilson when they could develop into elite QBs. Planning for drafting a QB next year is silly, no one knows what the draft will really be like. Last year at this time, people were thinking Barkley would be a top 10 pick if he came out last year,

Quote Originally Posted by johnnysd View Post
    Here's the point: you DO NOT know that.

As Walsh used to say draft a QB in every draft. Gradkowski and Quinn are much more worthless than drafting a QB. The draft is different now, it is not prohibitive to take a chance on a Glennon or Nassib or Tyler Wilson when they could develop into elite QBs. Planning for drafting a QB next year is silly, no one knows what the draft will really be like. Last year at this time, people were thinking Barkley would be a top 10 pick if he came out last year,
    I play college football, and am a draft guru. I watch tape 24/7, and Glennon is like a power point presentation. All flash, looks great, but does nothing. He is wildly inaccurate, didn't show up in big games, and is a statue. Tyler Wilson's arm is suspect, his size isn't great, he can't feel pressure. He's a mediocre prospect. Nassib is a guy with limited potential who doesn't look like an NFL QB. Geno Smith is the only NFL QB with legit potential, and Manuel has potential as well, but will need to be in the perfect system, and right coaches around him. Not built for a WCO.

Jets Insider VIP
    Keller's contract would make him the 11th highest paid Tight End in the league. How is that ridiculous? I don't understand some of you guys. And if our biggest issue is Braylon making 2 million for 2 years, I'd be extremely excited.
    You're giving Keller close to $6 million a year. Basically what Landry is looking to sign for. And if I have to choose between keeping Keller or Landry, I'm taking Landry everyday of the week.

And why would we dish out over $2 million a year for Braylon? We're literally the only team in the league that gives two sh*ts about the guy. Offer him the veteran minimum. If he takes it, great. If not, good luck latching on with another team.

I also doubt that we could sign Barwin for less than $6 mill a year. Guys like him and Paul Kruger will probably command something in the $8 million a year range. Signing someone like Antwan Barnes is much more realistic.

All Pro
    Perfect? Sorry I don't think this is anywhere close to good, forget about perfect.

So much is wrong with this plan, I don't even know where to begin.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMikeIsHot View Post
    Perfect? Sorry I don't think this is anywhere close to good, forget about perfect.

So much is wrong with this plan, I don't even know where to begin.
    You need franchise QB's...

Alex Smith is 6 million. Not a franchise QB.
    Matt Flynn is 4-5 million. Not a franchise QB.
    Matt Moore is 3-4 million. Not a starting QB.

Glennon, Wilson, Nassib suck. Sorry.

Hall Of Fame
    I retained Dustin Keller at 5.5 million per season.

I signed Connor Barwin at under 6 million per season.

Braylon and Feely received deals under 2 million.

I signed a bunch of high ceiling/legit role players to league minimum 1 year contract cap holds, that we'll need to fill out a roster.

Next time, try to know what you're talking about.
    Get a clue. You also signed Moore for 3 years 8 million, thats 2.75 more right there and Howard for another 1.3. Do the math. I'll help you.

Keller 5 mil per
    Braylon 2.24 mil per
    Moore 2.75 per
    Howard 1.3 per
    Ihedighbo 700K per
    Barwin 5.5 per
    Curry 800k per
    Feely 1.5 per
    Quinn 1 mil per

Then add the vet minimum deals for Jacobs and Moore and you are over 20 million.

Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    You're giving Keller close to $6 million a year. Basically what Landry is looking to sign for. And if I have to choose between keeping Keller or Landry, I'm taking Landry everyday of the week.

And why would we dish out over $2 million a year for Braylon? We're literally the only team in the league that gives two sh*ts about the guy. Offer him the veteran minimum. If he takes it, great. If not, good luck latching on with another team.

I also doubt that we could sign Barwin for less than $6 mill a year. Guys like him and Paul Kruger will probably command something in the $8 million a year range. Signing someone like Antwan Barnes is much more realistic.

In all honesty, I don't respect your opinion, I've never disagreed with a poster more in my span than with you in the last 3-5 years. I can't remember a single topic that I agreed with you. I'm not a fan of people that talk about the draft without watching their tape. Not highlight films, tape.

Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    Get a clue. You also signed Moore for 3 years 8 million, thats 2.75 more right there and Howard for another 1.3. Do the math. I'll help you.

Keller 5 mil per
    Braylon 2.24 mil per
    Moore 2.75 per
    Howard 1.3 per
    Ihedighbo 700K per
    Barwin 5.5 per
    Curry 800k per
    Feely 1.5 per
    Quinn 1 mil per

Then add the vet minimum deals for Jacobs and Moore and you are over 20 million.
    You need to sign players to minimum/1 million dollar deals to fill out the roster. Do you wanna play with 35 players?

The offseason is built off the draft, that you obviously know nothing about. We have little to no cap room.

Jamison>Powell

We won't have enough cap room to fill our other needs, and I don't want to waste a draft pick with a bust QB.
    Anyone that criticizes your plan "obviously knows nothing" yet everyone that has see it is critical. The problem with your plan starts with your "creative" way to dump Holmes by essentially paying another team to take him. I'll keep Wilson and Holmes thank you. The QB's you target are pure garbage. Quinn? Really? Gradkowski? These guys are no better than Macelroy. Why would you spend money for two backup QB's that suck when your plan is obviously to tank the season in the hopes of landing a high pick in 2014? Holmes' deal is cuttable in 2014 so why pay another team, a player like Wilson that played well for us this season, just to take Holmes off our hands?

On top of that the idea that we will be signing 6 million dollar free agent linebackers this season is absurd and also doesn't jive with the greater goal of your plan to tank the season. At that point start whatever rookies are drafted and hope for the best. Your draft picks seem ok but as a whole this is one of the worst offseason plans I've seen. For a more realistic plan with the goal of winning short and long term see my thread in this forum.

Not a fan of Keller or Moore resigning

Jets Insider VIP
    In all honesty, I don't respect your opinion, I've never disagreed with a poster more in my span than with you in the last 3-5 years. I can't remember a single topic that I agreed with you. I'm not a fan of people that talk about the draft without watching their tape. Not highlight films, tape.
    LOL

You've just layed out one of the single worst mock offseasons I've ever laid eyes on. And judging by the rest of the responses in this thread, I'm not the only one who thinks so.

And if you spend all of your free time in college breaking down football tape, then holy sh*t.

And what kind of tape do you have access to anyway? It's hilarious when some of you guys try to act like professional draft gurus or something. I do this sh*t for a hobby, not for a living like Tony. He's the only true professional around here when it comes to the draft. I'm sure you fancy yourself a guru after watching DL highlights between English Lit and Spanish, though.

Quote Originally Posted by chiefst2000 View Post
    Anyone that criticizes your plan "obviously knows nothing" yet everyone that has see it is critical. The problem with your plan starts with your "creative" way to dump Holmes by essentially paying another team to take him. I'll keep Wilson and Holmes thank you. The QB's you target are pure garbage. Quinn? Really? Gradkowski? These guys are no better than Macelroy. Why would you spend money for two backup QB's that suck when your plan is obviously to tank the season in the hopes of landing a high pick in 2014? Holmes' deal is cuttable in 2014 so why pay another team, a player like Wilson that played well for us this season, just to take Holmes off our hands?

On top of that the idea that we will be signing 6 million dollar free agent linebackers this season is absurd and also doesn't jive with the greater goal of your plan to tank the season. At that point start whatever rookies are drafted and hope for the best. Your draft picks seem ok but as a whole this is one of the worst offseason plans I've seen. For a more realistic plan with the goal of winning short and long term see my thread in this forum.
    I'm not saying to tank the season. With the addition of Mingo, Barwin, and Rambo, we'd still have a top 10 defense. Quinn still has potential, and I'd rather wait a year for a QB rather than dump all our faith into a mediocre prospect.