• Jason Smith - $12,000,000
    • Calvin Pace - $8,560,000
    • Bart Scott - $7,150,000
    • Sione Pouha - $3,833,332
    • Eric Smith - $3,000,000
    • Tim Tebow - $1,531,875

Re-signings -

Dustin Keller
    • 4 Years - 20 Million - Coming off a down year, Keller reluctantly takes this multimillion dollar deal. It is a rather generous contract, and for a team in desperate need for playmakers, Keller comes back to prove his worth with a new QB in town.

Braylon Edwards
    • 1 Years - 1.1 Million - Braylon has had great success in New York, and has picked up his play in green and white. For some reason, his play elevates, and his desire to play the game at 100% is beloved by New York fans.

Brandon Moore
    • 2 Years - 6.5 Million - Moore is given a 3 year deal to stay in New York. He is one of our lone leaders, and veteran presences, and will retire in New York.

Austin Howard
    • 1 Year, 1.3 Million - Howard, as a RFA, stays in New York. He showed tons of potential, and has the opportunity to man the RT position for a long time.

Trades -
    The New York Jets trade Santonio Holmes and Kyle Wilson to the Carolina Panthers for a 4th Round Pick
    - Cam needs weapons, and Steve Smith is aging fast. The Panthers are looking to win now, and take on Holmes deal. Holmes deal is easy to cut if things don't work out after the seasons end. Wilson is a steady starting cornerback, that will aid a terrible Panthers defense.

The New York Jets trade Bilal Powell and a 4th round pick for the Detroit Lions 3rd round pick. The Lions trade back and acquire a starting caliber HB to a team in desperate need for healthy backs.

Free Agency =

- The Jets sign Safety James Ihedigbo to a 1 year, 700,000 dollar contract. Ihdeigbo will get an opportunity to claim a starting safety position. Ihedigbo is a hard hitter and former fan favorite that has been to two consecutive superbowls, and 4 consecutive AFC Championship games. Ihedigbo is a winner.

The Jets sign OLB Connor Barwin, 5 Years, 28 Million. Barwin is coming off a very unproductive season, but is a highly skilled player, that Rex would love to get his hands on. Barwin is the big coup of the little pond of money we have available. We're very excited to have Connor man our 3-4 defense.

- The Jets sign ILB/OLB Aaron Curry to a 1 year, 850,000 dollar contract. I was a huge fan of Curry coming out of college, and feel that Rex will be more than capable to find a role for the highly gifted Curry.

- The Jets sign K, Jay Feely, 2 years, 3 million. Feely reunites with Rex. He's a team leader, that will bring a locker room presence, as well as clutch kicking.

- The Jets sign QB, Brady Quinn to a 1 year 2 million dollar contract . will get the opportunity to earn a starting job. He is accurate, and showed flashes in KC. I've always been a fan.

- The Jets round out their roster by signing QB, Bruce Gradkowski,
    RB Brandon Jacobs, NG Sammie Lee Hill, and TE Evan Moore to minimum contracts.

Draft -
    Round 1 - The New York Jets select Barkevious Mingo
    - Mingo is an elite pass rusher, with untapped potential. Mingo was used incorrectly in LSU, and with the likes of Coples and Wilkerson infront of him, Mingo's play will reminisce the likes of phenom Aldon Smith.

Round 2 - The New York Jets select OG Jonathon Cooper.
    - Cooper is an extremely athletic guard that would squeeze smugly next to Mangold, and Brick. He is mad for the ZBS, and we'd have an offensive line ready for the next decade.

Round 3 - The New York Jets select Safety Bacarri Rambo.
    - Rambo is a playmaking safety, and am impact player on defense. Rambo has loads of potential to become an elite safety. In my opinion, he's the best safety in the draft. The guy had 8 picks, and performed extremely well in the biggest games.

Round 3 - The New York Jets select Wide Receiver Markus Wheaton.
    - Wheaton is a natural pass catcher, that is made for the NFL. I understand he is extremely thin, but frame is highly overrated at WR. The guy is a waterbug that flies around the field, and can put a move on anyone. And he knows the route tree. Love Wheaton.

Round 4 - The New York Jets select HB Marcus Lattimore. Lattimore is a perfect player for the Jets. As we are in cap hell, and rebuilding towards building a solid core for 2014, we make a value pick in Lattimore. Lattimore vows to come back 100%, and we cannot pass up a player of his skillset. He is a do it all back, that would look beautiful in green and white. He loves contact, but can also put a move on. He's a special player.

Round 5 - The New York Jets select HB Jawan Jamison. A 1-2 punch has been formed for the next 5-10 years. Jamison is a hard downhill runner with quick feet and excellent vision. Think Ray Rice meets Fred Jackson meets Leon Washington. I'm a big fan of his.

Round 6 - The New York Jets select CB Tyrann Matthieu. The Honey Badger ends up in New York. Matthieu becomes our nickel back, and part time safety. He has elite playmaking and KR skills, and would be a menace on Special Teams.

Round 7 - Anthony McCloud
    - Solid NG depth.

Depth Chart -
    QB: (Open Competition)
    1) Mark Sanchez
    2) EJ Manuel
    3) Greg McCelroy

HB: (Open Competition)
    1) Stephan Taylor
    2) Kenjon Barner
    3) Joe McKnight

FB:
    Jake Stoneburner

WR:
    1) Santonio Holmes
    2) Braylon Edwards
    3) Jeremy Kerley
    4) Markus Wheaton
    5) Stephen Hill
    6) Jordan White

TE:
    1) Dustin Keller
    2) Jake Stoneburner
    3) Evan Moore

LT:
    1) D'Brickishaw Ferguson

LG:
    1)
    2) Vladimir Ducasse

C:
    1) Nick Mangold
    2) Caleb Schaluderaff

RG:
    1) Matt Slauson

RT:
    1) Austin Howard
    2) Jason Smith

DE:
    1) Quinton Coples
    2) Anthony McCloud

NT:
    1) Kenrick Ellis
    2) Damon Harrison
    3) Anthony McCloud

DT:
    1) Muhammad Wilkerson
    2) Damon Harrison

SLB:
    1) Barkevious Mingo
    2) Garrett McIntyre

MIKE:
    1) David Harris
    2) Josh Muage

TED:
    1) Demario Davis
    2) Nick Bellore

WILL: (Open Competition)
    1) Aaron Curry
    2) Garret McIntyre

CB:
    1) Darrelle Revis
    2) Antonio Cromartie
    3) Kyle Wilson
    4) Aaron Berry
    5) Ellis Lankster

FS:
    1) Tyrann Matthieu
    2) Josh Bush

SS: (Open Competition)
    1) Yeremiah Bell
    2) Antonio Allen
    3) Josh Bush

K:
    1) Jay Feely

P:
    1) Robert Malone

LS:
    1) Tanner Purdum

KR: Joe McKnight
    PR: Tyrann Matthieu
    Last edited by K-Ro 25; 02-26-2013 at 09:28 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Yikes.

All Pro
    You put a lot of work into this so I don't want to be too critical...

...but you effectively traded Holmes, Wilson and Powell for a 3rd round pick.

Our best WR, our primary nickel back, and the best HB currently on our roster (the last two of whom are on cheap rookie deals)...for a 3rd round pick. Which you used to draft a Safety.

I think that's not improving our team either now or down the road.
    Last edited by nycdan; 02-15-2013 at 03:18 AM.

Jets Insider VIP
    I hate this.mock on so many levels.

Sent from my LG-P769 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by nycdan View Post
    You put a lot of work into this so I don't want to be too critical...

...but you effectively traded Holmes, Wilson and Powell for a 3rd round pick.

Our best WR, our primary nickel back, and the best HB currently on our roster (the last two of whom are on cheap rookie deals)...for a 3rd round pick. Which you used to draft a Safety.

I think that's not improving out team either now or down the road.
    I feel that Idzik is going to want Holmes gone. He is a locker-room cancer that is making 10 million dollars. He will be cut after this year anyway, and we are a rebuilding team with little use for Holmes. I feel that we will go in a different direction at HB, and feel that there are better HB's in the draft rather than Powell.

Jets Insider VIP
    No way Cooper falls to Round 2 and you're overpaying out the ass for Keller and Braylon.

No way I'm paying over $5 million a year to retain Keller and there's no way I'd give Braylon more than the vet minimum.

And the trades make zero sense.

Hall Of Fame
    Holmes is virtually un-tradable. Salary, character and injury. So that is a bit of a pipe dream.

Lattimore was a terrific prospect before his gruesome injury. But the Jets cant afford to take a chance even if it is the 4th. I know McGahee made it back but that doesn't mean Lattimore will.

Keller blows. The only argument that could be made for bringing him back is bc he can help Sanchez. But Sanchez shouldn't even be on the 2013 team and if it wasn't for his salary he wouldn't.

IMO Wilson sucks but I think he is a much better pro than Mathieu will ever be. Mathieu will be a PR/KR. He could be a dime (no pun) back on a bad defense.

Curry, Jacobs and Gradkowski would be laughable acquisitions. Dig is a ST player, not a starter. And Folk has been solid so I don't see the reason to sign Feely.
    Last edited by DDNYjets; 02-14-2013 at 10:09 PM.

Jets don't need to give Edwards anything more than a 1 yr deal. 4 yrs $22 mil for Keller? Guy cannot block and was never healthy last season JI posters are bidding against themselves.

I do like Baccari Rambo in rd 3 however. Would love to pair him up with Landry next season.

All League
    are we just letting revis play out his contract in this scenario?

I absolutely love the players you drafted but hate the trades

Good job though and well thought out

Panthers are in a bad cap situation, not as bad as us but not the best and not sure they'd be able to take on Holmes contract

The draft is okay but the rest of the plan utterly stinks. Sorry to be blunt and rude about it. The trades are not good value at all (except for dumping Tone). The prices you are giving guys is way to high. If Keller asks for that much money I'd kick his ass to the next bus out of town.

This mock makes me want to kick kittens. Trade Holmes for AND Wilson for a 4th?! You justify trading a talented wideout like Holmes because you think he's a "cancer" (despite the fact that 2011 was the only bad year and since then its been fine) yet you want us to sign a washed up malcontent RB in Brandon Jacobs??? Quite the contradiction there.

Sign Brady Quinn and Bruce Gradkowski and completely pass over ANY of the QBs in this draft?! Kellers stupid contract that you want to give him serves no purpose if Mark Sanchez, Brady Quinn, and Bruce Gradkowski are the choices that we have at QB.

Holy balls dude...I mean I don't mean to sound so rude about it...but c'mon...

Trading powell is absolutely atrocious any way you look at it.

Braylon should not get one penny more then $1 million

A 3 year deal for moore would need to have a big time out clause after this season.

like the draft but a 3 year deal for moore when he is clearly done is a Tannenbaum move.

I give Kro a ton of credit for the work and I like the draft picks, but I think there are a few glaring mistakes:
    1- Keller- He is not worth the money
    2- Trading Kyle, Holmes and Powell for a 3rd? Powell and Kyle are young and could be starters for us this year (assuming we trade Revis or one of our CBs get hurt) so you are effectively trading away 3 starters for a question mark in the third round.
    3- I like Braylon, but he gets nothing more than a 1 year deal. No one else in the league wants him
    4- Braylon is not a #1 WR and Wheaton may or may not be an NFL WR. So you are giving whoever our QB is another grouping of bad WRs. It takes some 1st round WRs a year or so to adjust to the NFL (took Blackmon half the season). We can't ask a 3rd round pick to step in and start right away.

Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post
    I give Kro a ton of credit for the work and I like the draft picks, but I think there are a few glaring mistakes:
    1- Keller- He is not worth the money
    2- Trading Kyle, Holmes and Powell for a 3rd? Powell and Kyle are young and could be starters for us this year (assuming we trade Revis or one of our CBs get hurt) so you are effectively trading away 3 starters for a question mark in the third round.
    3- I like Braylon, but he gets nothing more than a 1 year deal. No one else in the league wants him
    4- Braylon is not a #1 WR and Wheaton may or may not be an NFL WR. So you are giving whoever our QB is another grouping of bad WRs. It takes some 1st round WRs a year or so to adjust to the NFL (took Blackmon half the season). We can't ask a 3rd round pick to step in and start right away.
    I included Powell, and Wilson in the deal to get rid of Holmes' contract. Holmes has negative value, and we'd able to be huge spenders next offseason.

Kerley, Hill, Wheaton are all young recievers. We're going in a different direction, and rebuilding for the future. Edwards has outshined Holmes in New York.

And I was debating changing Edwards, Keller, and Moore's deals. I feel that Braylon will have a huge year next year, and would be a bargain in 2014. Moore will likely retire after 2 years, and Keller's deal is 5.5 per, not huge at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Mogglez View Post
    This mock makes me want to kick kittens. Trade Holmes for AND Wilson for a 4th?! You justify trading a talented wideout like Holmes because you think he's a "cancer" (despite the fact that 2011 was the only bad year and since then its been fine) yet you want us to sign a washed up malcontent RB in Brandon Jacobs??? Quite the contradiction there.

Sign Brady Quinn and Bruce Gradkowski and completely pass over ANY of the QBs in this draft?! Kellers stupid contract that you want to give him serves no purpose if Mark Sanchez, Brady Quinn, and Bruce Gradkowski are the choices that we have at QB.

Holy balls dude...I mean I don't mean to sound so rude about it...but c'mon...
    2014 is loaded at QB. Manuel and Geno are the only QB's with legit potential. Manuel is a huge risk, and may not fit the WCO, and Geno won't make it to 9. Glennon is highly innacurate, and can't feel pressure, Landry Jones is a mediocre prospect coming off a terrible season. Barkley is another Sanchez. 2014 has Bridgewater, Boyd, Manziel, Murray. This year is all about setting the foundation, and providing weapons. Hopefully Lattimore will be back to 100% in 2014. Jamison reminds me of Rice, Wheaton reminds me of a less injury prone Jeremy Maclin. Brick, Cooper, Mangold is an elite left side of the line.
    Last edited by K-Ro 25; 02-15-2013 at 10:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by K-Ro 25 View Post
    2014 is loaded at QB. Manuel and Geno are the only QB's with legit potential. Manuel is a huge risk, and may not fit the WCO, and Geno won't make it to 9. Glennon is highly innacurate, and can't feel pressure, Landry Jones is a mediocre prospect coming off a terrible season. Barkley is another Sanchez. 2014 has Bridgewater, Boyd, Manziel, Murray. This year is all about setting the foundation, and providing weapons. Hopefully Lattimore will be back to 100% in 2014. Jamison reminds me of Rice, Wheaton reminds me of a less injury prone Jeremy Maclin. Brick, Cooper, Mangold is an elite left side of the line.
    Well one thing is for certain. With your offseason plan the chances are excellent that we will be in position to grab Teddy B.

Quote Originally Posted by chiefst2000 View Post
    Well one thing is for certain. With your offseason plan the chances are excellent that we will be in position to grab Teddy B.
    The offseason is built off the draft, that you obviously know nothing about. We have little to no cap room.

Jamison>Powell

We won't have enough cap room to fill our other needs, and I don't want to waste a draft pick with a bust QB.