Page 10 of 35 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: No Ticket Renewals yet?

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    unless you shower in purified holy water and put on a suit and tie daily you still arent a worthy ticket holder or fan for sar i.

wonder what his beef is with blue collar workers.
    Can't speak for the purified holy water but I do wear a suit and tie daily. I just put a cap on what I spend on certain things and decided to college educate my children as opposed to invest in a PSL. Have no problem with blue collar guys - conversely I have a lot of respect for them. They built this country - look it up.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by tmertz View Post
    I haven't posted in a while, but this thread is just too much. Anyone who believes in this premise has no credibility and would be much happier at tinfoilhatinsider.com. I hear they still have no PSL for seats on the grassy knoll, although Bigfoot has been squatting on the best seats for the last 30 years. They only cost him 2 pigs and a goat.

I sat in the UD and LL at the old stadium, and now the Chase club in the new one. UD was by far the worst game experience. The LL had the most active fans.

Statements like "UD fans are the only real fans" say more about that person's state of mental health than anything else. They feel inadequate, so they make up something to make themselves feel better.

Also, the mez clubs are empty during gameplay, almost everyone is in the seats, just like anywhere else in the stadium. Most of the fans sitting here are just Jets fans with a larger budget. It's not "corporate types watching TV". Couldn't be further from the the truth. It is more of a family atmosphere though.

This is categorically false. The only thing the Giants got was location. For the stadium itself, they wanted a much different stadium. The stadium design was driven more by the Jets.
    I can easily find out who you are. Not many know about the grassy knoll. Funny you mentioned it.

1st row in the UD in the old stadium were some of the best seats so it`s you who doesn`t know anything. LL had most activity because people were showing up late, leaving early. Otherwise it was quite a bore sitting there. I also sat in LL for a few seasons, and I was covered from the "elements", which NEVER helped, nor will it EVER help the Jets. The view sucked the closer you were to the field. Went back upstairs where good friends sat. Nice try, but you are so wrong on the UD being the worst game experience in the old stadium. We had great fans in Klecko`s Corner(transfered from Shea to NJ). Helmet Head in the other EZ(which is where I originally sat for a few seasons). That was when Jets games were fun to go to. The UD had more real Jets fans imo. You don`t like my opinion? So be it. Don`t really care anyway. I have no financial debts to the Jets. VERY happy about that.

If you actually believe this stadium was influenced in design more by the Jets, you are simply dillusional. But keep thinking it. You already believe it anyway. The only thing Woody got from the Giants was being allowed to shine green lights during Jets games, which could have easily been acheived at the old stadium. Woody should`ve said NO to the entire idea and just kept renting the old stadium until he could find a suitable place to build the Jets a stadium of their own. Enjoy.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Flushing Roots View Post
    Can't speak for the purified holy water but I do wear a suit and tie daily. I just put a cap on what I spend on certain things and decided to college educate my children as opposed to invest in a PSL. Have no problem with blue collar guys - conversely I have a lot of respect for them. They built this country - look it up.
    nice to see sensible people. There are way more important things in life than Jets football.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by The Band View Post
    I can easily find out who you are.
    Is that supposed to be a personal threat? Way over the line.

Not many know about the grassy knoll.
    Uh, anyone with a 6th grade or so education knows what I am referring to.

If you actually believe this stadium was influenced in design more by the Jets, you are simply dillusional.
    Never let facts get in the way.

Which of these sounds like the stadium that was built?

NJ Star Ledger Aug 9, 2006:

The executives interviewed for this story said the disagreements boil down to a fundamental difference over stadium design.

The Jets favor a high-tech glass and steel structure similar to the one they wanted to build on the West Side of Manhattan. It would be filled with electronic scoreboards and signs that could alter the look of the stadium depending on which team was playing there, and sponsors would have an array of options for splashing their names in different areas.

The Giants favor a more traditional -- and less expensive -- stadium where the focus is on football rather than advertising opportunities.

In the spring, the teams produced as many as six sets of preliminary drawings and sent them to builders for estimates. The estimates all came back in the neighborhood of $1 billion; one design favored by the Jets was placed at nearly $1.2 billion.

That was far more than the Giants had hoped to pay when the team entered the partnership last year. In an effort to save money, the team asked its architects, 360 Architecture and Hammes, last month for a new design about 200,000 square feet smaller.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Not yet anyway, but, there is still time and we all know the Jets will suck the next 3-5 years. Even with all the teams being mediocre in this league now, the Jets always find ways to choke when they are better than most teams or simply lose like they do when they suck more than most of the teams. It`s been 44 years. Far too few "close calls" in that time imo(on average the Jets make the playoffs about every 7 years). Unlike the co-tennants, the Jets don`t know how to win when they get hot even with help from other teams(Colts laying down, Bengals not bothering playing), and with help from the NFL(knowing the Jets had PSLs to sell so lets get them to the AFCCG two years in a row). That certainly helped Woody sell some of those 14,000 PSLs to which we will see those bandwagon jumpers jump off eventually.

This whole new Giants Stadium thing is one wagon I didn`t want to be on. Me and all my old tailgate buddies agreed. We did one season in the UD because thats where we always were. We didn`t want to upgrade because we were happy where the real Jets fans were(pre-Fireman Ed). We wanted nothing to do with sitting anywhere near any corporate type fans because they really aren`t fans. They just have money to burn and we knew they would spend most of their time sitting inside the clubs watching television. The real kick in the ass that made us all drop our tickets was the segregated parking lots. It was always first come, first serve. We understood the parking pass crap when the new place was being built and that there would be limited spaces. Now that that is all said and done, why do fans still need to purchase pre-paid passes? Just have it the way it was with toll takers accepting cash and go back to first come, first served. It`s just an extremely stale atmosphere at Jets games now. The fans have changed and it shows. The new fans have no clue on what to do without Fireman Ed telling them. Back in my days, we didn`t need Ed. The UD was the place to be at Jets games. Now it`s not anymore and we want no part of it.

Enjoy your new Jets and your new segregated fans in your new Giants Stadium(because we all know it`s the stadium the Giants wanted to have built, NOT Woody). Woody just got suckered in and he bent over and W I D E L Y accepted.
    amen brother.
    LOL. Tweedle Dumb and Tweedle Dumber.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I can easily find out who you are. Not many know about the grassy knoll. Funny you mentioned it.

1st row in the UD in the old stadium were some of the best seats so it`s you who doesn`t know anything. LL had most activity because people were showing up late, leaving early. Otherwise it was quite a bore sitting there. I also sat in LL for a few seasons, and I was covered from the "elements", which NEVER helped, nor will it EVER help the Jets. The view sucked the closer you were to the field. Went back upstairs where good friends sat. Nice try, but you are so wrong on the UD being the worst game experience in the old stadium. We had great fans in Klecko`s Corner(transfered from Shea to NJ). Helmet Head in the other EZ(which is where I originally sat for a few seasons). That was when Jets games were fun to go to. The UD had more real Jets fans imo. You don`t like my opinion? So be it. Don`t really care anyway. I have no financial debts to the Jets. VERY happy about that.

If you actually believe this stadium was influenced in design more by the Jets, you are simply dillusional. But keep thinking it. You already believe it anyway. The only thing Woody got from the Giants was being allowed to shine green lights during Jets games, which could have easily been acheived at the old stadium. Woody should`ve said NO to the entire idea and just kept renting the old stadium until he could find a suitable place to build the Jets a stadium of their own. Enjoy.
    it's amazing how every one of your posts contains claims that are factually incorrect and opinions based on your irrational bitter resentment, anger and complete speculation. You are a cartoon character.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by tmertz View Post
    Is that supposed to be a personal threat? Way over the line.

Uh, anyone with a 6th grade or so education knows what I am referring to.

Never let facts get in the way.

Which of these sounds like the stadium that was built?

NJ Star Ledger Aug 9, 2006:

The executives interviewed for this story said the disagreements boil down to a fundamental difference over stadium design.

The Jets favor a high-tech glass and steel structure similar to the one they wanted to build on the West Side of Manhattan. It would be filled with electronic scoreboards and signs that could alter the look of the stadium depending on which team was playing there, and sponsors would have an array of options for splashing their names in different areas.

The Giants favor a more traditional -- and less expensive -- stadium where the focus is on football rather than advertising opportunities.

In the spring, the teams produced as many as six sets of preliminary drawings and sent them to builders for estimates. The estimates all came back in the neighborhood of $1 billion; one design favored by the Jets was placed at nearly $1.2 billion.

That was far more than the Giants had hoped to pay when the team entered the partnership last year. In an effort to save money, the team asked its architects, 360 Architecture and Hammes, last month for a new design about 200,000 square feet smaller.
    Jets wanted an enclosed stadium with a retractable roof at the least. Giants didn`t. Giants wanted an open air stadium. Facts are facts. What is it the Jets play in now? Oh yeah, and open air stadium without a retractable roof/dome. I don`t let facts get in the way. Bottom line is, the Giants have the open air stadium, the Jets don`t have the dome. Dilusional like I said.

and no, it`s not a personal threat about the grassy knoll, but dcat can explain if there was a misunderstanding. Probably just coincidence if anything, thats why I found it funny.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    News Flash! I just got a tweet from Darren Rovell, the CNBC sports business guy saying 5 teams will not be raising ticket prices in 2013: Cardinals, Pats, Dolphins, Bills and Lions. There is one team missing... unless the prices will be going down???

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    im not gmc. prove it with the post. if you cant delete your account and shove your head back up your ass. thanks
    http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/sh...0&postcount=43

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    News Flash! I just got a tweet from Darren Rovell, the CNBC sports business guy saying 5 teams will not be raising ticket prices in 2013: Cardinals, Pats, Dolphins, Bills and Lions. There is one team missing... unless the prices will be going down
    News Flash: We pay what we're asked to pay.

Where are your seats again?

SAR I

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post

SAR I
    Rather personal, no?

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation

SAR I

News Flash: If the Jets tell you to jump you ask "how high?"

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    News Flash! I just got a tweet from Darren Rovell, the CNBC sports business guy saying 5 teams will not be raising ticket prices in 2013: Cardinals, Pats, Dolphins, Bills and Lions. There is one team missing... unless the prices will be going down???
    Not that I would want to be a Buffalo fan...but 4 years of no increases! And $80 is most expensive ticket!

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/art...4-b2f87f148a37

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jungle Shift Jet View Post
    remarkable similarities, you'd have to agree in reading that thread

"anal lube" references

"if you don't like my comments, put me on ignore"

at least his GMC identity never pretended to be a club seat holder

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rather personal, no?
    Are you a PSL owner? Do you have season tickets?

Or are you just another self-appointed judge and jury, here to preach to wealthy people on how we should be spending our fun money?

SAR I
    Last edited by SAR I; 02-23-2013 at 11:00 PM.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Inspector Oofus View Post
    News Flash: If the Jets tell you to jump you ask "how high?"

In 1982 a Jets ticket cost $13.

By 2009 a Jets ticket cost $120.

76,000 fans a year said "how high?" for those 27 years, we'll do it again for the next 27.

1. No one said live sporting event tickets were priced fairly.

2. No one asked you for your opinion on how wealthy people spend their fun money.

SAR I

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post

"anal lube" references

"if you don't like my comments, put me on ignore"

at least his GMC identity never pretended to be a club seat holder
    this forum has how many members? many from new jersey like me. so big deal another gmc member post similiarities like me. thats it send me to jail based on that. grow the hell up and stop with the bull**** false accusations.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

In 1982 a Jets ticket cost $13.

By 2009 a Jets ticket cost $120.

76,000 fans a year said "how high?" for those 27 years, we'll do it again for the next 27.

1. No one said live sporting event tickets were priced fairly.

2. No one asked you for your opinion on how wealthy people spend their fun money.

SAR I
    the fact of the matter sar i is that jacket was and is for a losing team.

almost doesnt count.

preliminary reports are the jets are raising ticket prices for 2013 isnt that a kick in the balls for all of us, those that have balls anyway.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post

"anal lube" references
    in his defense, a lot of JI users talk about anal lube,

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    the fact of the matter sar i is that jacket was and is for a losing team.

almost doesnt count.

preliminary reports are the jets are raising ticket prices for 2013 isnt that a kick in the balls for all of us, those that have balls anyway.
    We live in New York City, GMC. This ain't the upper boonies of the Poconos. Bridges, tunnels, subways, taxes, everything goes up.

So too do salaries.

How wealthy people spend our fun money is of no concern to you. Watch your TV, drive your truck, feed your livestock, keep your opinions of PSL owners and season ticket holders to yourself. Or, better yet, say "thank you" seeing that the 14,333 of us foot the bill for you and millions like you to avoid blackouts and spend nothing but $2 for pretzels every Sunday.

SAR I