Page 11 of 35 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
Results 201 to 220 of 699

Thread: No Ticket Renewals yet?

  1. #201
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
    in his defense, a lot of JI users talk about anal lube,
    dont try and reason with these know it alls.they are joyous in celebration thinking they are onto something. the dom is flowing its the highlight of the season.

    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    We live in New York City, GMC. This ain't the upper boonies of the Poconos. Bridges, tunnels, subways, taxes, everything goes up.

    So too do salaries.

    How wealthy people spend our fun money is of no concern to you. Watch your TV, drive your truck, feed your livestock, keep your opinions of PSL owners and season ticket holders to yourself. Or, better yet, say "thank you" seeing that the 14,333 of us foot the bill for you and millions like you to avoid blackouts and spend nothing but $2 for pretzels every Sunday.

    SAR I
    you wouldnt know wealthy if it kicked you in the crotch notice i didnt say balls. wealthy isnt lease cars and mortgages that you will never pay in a lifetime and it certainly isnt owning jets psls. carry on wanna be rich boy.

  2. #202

    Exclamation

    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post


    In 1982 a Jets ticket cost $13.

    By 2009 a Jets ticket cost $120.

    76,000 fans a year said "how high?" for those 27 years, we'll do it again for the next 27.

    1. No one said live sporting event tickets were priced fairly.

    2. No one asked you for your opinion on how wealthy people spend their fun money.

    SAR I
    My reply clearly went over your head lol I could care less what ticket prices were in 1982 or 2009.

    I don't ask for anybody's opinions other then those of whom I reply to ie: YOU in this case so don't be presumptuous to assume you speak for others.

    I do however have seen you talk a lot about "fun money" is this some sort of different currency unlike the good old US greenbacks? or is this something exclusive to you? say like Monopoly money? lol

  3. #203
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    39,648
    Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    you wouldnt know wealthy if it kicked you in the crotch notice i didnt say balls. wealthy isnt lease cars and mortgages that you will never pay in a lifetime and it certainly isnt owning jets psls. carry on wanna be rich boy.
    Wealthy people have financial advisers who tell us to lease cars to avoid depreciating assets and carry light mortgages for tax purposes. I can get you a good one, let me know if you have the need.

    Over a 30 year period, my PSL's will cost me $16,000 or $533 a year.

    Over a 30 year period, a pack-a-day smoker spends $142,350 or $4,745 a year.

    Go fight the proper cause, bro. PSL fun money isn't something that should concern you.

    SAR I

  4. #204
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    39,648
    Quote Originally Posted by Inspector Oofus View Post
    My reply clearly went over your head lol I could care less what ticket prices were in 1982 or 2009.

    I don't ask for anybody's opinions other then those of whom I reply to ie: YOU in this case so don't be presumptuous to assume you speak for others.

    I do however have seen you talk a lot about "fun money" is this some sort of different currency unlike the good old US greenbacks? or is this something exclusive to the SAR man?
    Nothing goes over my head.

    I speak for a lot of people.

    Anyone paying $60,000 a decade to attend live sporting events they could otherwise watch for free on TV has a lot of "fun money" at their disposal. Some people smoke a pack of cigarettes a day. Some people drink a case of beer a week. Some people have a dog. Those vices cost thousands of dollars, 10x to 100x what the typical PSL costs over the same span.

    Start preaching to smokers that they should stop because "it's a waste of money!" Start berating beer drinkers that they are foolish because "Miller is raising prices!".

    Go kill your dog, costs you more than my PSL's do each month. Then you can come back here as a Man Of Big Principles and lecture me on how the Jets are treating me and what I should do with my disposable income.

    Savvy?

    SAR I

  5. #205

    Exclamation

    SAR,

    It's all becoming very clear now, I have found what you mean when you say "fun money" lol


  6. #206
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    39,648
    Quote Originally Posted by Inspector Oofus View Post
    SAR,

    It's all becoming very clear now, I have found what you mean when you say "fun money" lol
    What's becoming very clear now is that this forum has become infested with 16 year olds who think discussion forums are Twitter.

    SAR I

  7. #207

    Exclamation

    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    What's becoming very clear now is that this forum has become infested with 16 year olds who think discussion forums are Twitter.

    SAR I
    Clear as a foggy morning there SAR and unless you're obsessed with 16 year olds? you need not assume that just because someone disagrees with you or calls you out that they are kids when it's clear that YOU are the one who acts childish.

    I can discuss all sorts of issues with YOU or anyone and I can talk NY JETS till the cows come home OR you run out of "fun money" and FYI, I don't Tweet you twit.

  8. #208
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    39,648
    Quote Originally Posted by Inspector Oofus View Post
    Clear as a foggy morning there SAR and unless you're obsessed with 16 year olds? you need not assume that just because someone disagrees with you or calls you out that they are kids when it's clear that YOU are the one who acts childish.

    I can discuss all sorts of issues with YOU or anyone and I can talk NY JETS till the cows come home OR you run out of "fun money" and FYI, I don't Tweet you twit.
    This is a ticket thread concerning PSL and season ticket owners.

    Where are your seats again? I forget.

    SAR I

  9. #209

    Exclamation

    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    This is a ticket thread concerning PSL and season ticket owners.

    Where are your seats again? I forget.

    SAR I
    I know that SARdine, I can read lol and I guess I'm a bad fan because I'm geographically I'm not within eyeshot of the stadium lol but if I were close? I'd want nothing more then to sit next to YOU lol

  10. #210
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Are you a PSL owner? Do you have season tickets?

    Or are you just another self-appointed judge and jury, here to preach to wealthy people on how we should be spending our fun money?

    SAR I
    The more important half of communication is listening. I thought you read this thread? My commitment to the Jets has be well documented on my previous posts. I have heard you yourself say the purpose of this post is to offer opinions. I think "preaching" is a little strong but the entertainment value from your comment is pretty good. Life is too short for me to worry about how anyone spends their money - I hope everyone has a ball! But everyone has a limit on everything. Would you spend $200,000 for a Volkswagon? If you would, God Bless, but I would argue that is not too smart. Some people have chosen not to purchase PSLs because they feel the the same way. If you disagree with my opinion/preaching, that's fine, I enjoy the debate.

  11. #211
    Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post

    preliminary reports are the jets are raising ticket prices for 2013 isnt that a kick in the balls for all of us.
    If I may offer an opinion, I couldn't have said that any better...

  12. #212
    This is the New York Jets we are talking about here, no? They ARE NOT WORTH paying for PSLs. Thats my argument. My other is the stupid stadium, but I think EVERYONE in the world may already know. I just make sure they don`t forget, thats why I remind all forums on a daily basis.

    Like anyone else, I couldn`t give a flying monkey`s arse what people spend their money on but I do offer my insight on how they are wasting it for nothing. It`s a stupid game that just happens to be watchable on television and at one time was fun to attend. Aside from spending some quality tailgating time with friends, you really get NOTHING from any sports teams. Even when they win it all, what is it you truly get? A price increase for the follwing season on everything from concessions, tickets to parking fees. It`s a friggin scam. All you get that doesn`t cost you anything is to walk around with your nose in the air saying, "HAHA, my team won". Is that what you want? Well stick your nose up and say it because the NY Jets did win it all already. Granted it was 44 years ago but still, they won it. I enjoy debating bullcrap with grown men who still haven`t learned it`s just a game. Most of the world doesn`t care about NFL football anyway. I won`t even go on about the idiots worldwide being the idiots they are about soccer.

  13. #213
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    39,648
    Quote Originally Posted by Flushing Roots View Post
    The more important half of communication is listening. I thought you read this thread? My commitment to the Jets has be well documented on my previous posts. I have heard you yourself say the purpose of this post is to offer opinions. I think "preaching" is a little strong but the entertainment value from your comment is pretty good. Life is too short for me to worry about how anyone spends their money - I hope everyone has a ball! But everyone has a limit on everything. Would you spend $200,000 for a Volkswagon? If you would, God Bless, but I would argue that is not too smart. Some people have chosen not to purchase PSLs because they feel the the same way. If you disagree with my opinion/preaching, that's fine, I enjoy the debate.
    I read hundreds of posts a day and you're not on my short-list yet, sorry. If you have PSL's let me know.

    Regarding how much PSL's cost, it's really a ridiculous thing to even think about. A typical season-ticket holder with four seats will spend $60,000 in a decade attending live games. The PSL fee of, say, $4,000 pales in comparison. Think about it. In its 30 year lifespan, the PSL will cost $4000. Meanwhile the 30 year outlay for just the game day ticket alone will cost $45,000.

    The real issue here, if there is one, isn't what the PSL costs. It's why fans spend money to watch games live at all, why anyone would be a season ticket holder for 30 years. But no one wants to talk about that. See, all that does is deflate the argument of an old-school old time season-ticket holder who was spending that kind of crazy money anyway. They make it all about the PSL. Yet the PSL is less than 6% of the cost of the entire endeavor.

    $200,000 on a Volkswagen is a silly expenditure. But $6000 for a weeks vacation in Italy isn't viewed the same way because that is a special family experience that many people share and enjoy and will remember for a long time. So instead of an expensive 10 day European vacation once a year, we spend that money taking our families to 10 stadium Sunday's and experience our football team together. Someone creating a thread about "stupid European family vacations" would be laughed out of this forum. Yet PSL's and being a season ticket holder is exactly the same thing and people pick on it all day long.

    SAR I

  14. #214
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    39,648
    Quote Originally Posted by The Band View Post
    This is the New York Jets we are talking about here, no? They ARE NOT WORTH paying for PSLs. Thats my argument. My other is the stupid stadium, but I think EVERYONE in the world may already know. I just make sure they don`t forget, thats why I remind all forums on a daily basis.
    Boy, that's really good use of your time. Run around to a bunch of Jets forums telling Jets fans that they're spending a lot of money to watch their team lose. What a revelation. What an epiphany.

    Do you smoke? Do you drink alcohol? Do you eat out at restaurants? Do you go to the movies? Do you take vacations?

    Go into your backyard and shoot your dog. Do it right now. After all, he's costing you about $200 a month. That's $2400 a year. That's five times what my PSL's cost. If the dog lives to be 15 years old, that's $36,000. What a colossal waste of time and money, right?

    Go kill your dog. Then you can come back here as a Man Of Big Principles and lecture us on how the Jets are treating us and what we should do with our disposable income.

    SAR I

  15. #215
    the psl is an added fee that you must pay to enjoy your football team the jets. along with other costs associated with owning season tickets. ticket prices,parking,traveling expenses,tailgate food and drink its all about money not to mention the time it consumes.

    when was the last time anyone enjoyed paying extra fees to do something they like. my favorite 5 star restaurant adds a user fee i dont go anymore if my wife can cook the same food at home. my favorite pizza place adds a user fee and i can make the same pizza at home i stay home.

    with enhanced hd tvs many have done just that and have said screw you jets its just not worth the time,effort or the money.

    the psl fee wasnt to improve the overall experience for the fans it was to put money in woodys pocket. the old stadium had many die-hard fans many friends of mine who have walked away from the new stadium. you call this the ultimate fan experience i dont.

    i parlayed and lost on psls, many of you are losing too you just dont have the balls to admit it. if the jets raise the prices on 2013 tickets how will you feel?

  16. #216
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Someone creating a thread about "stupid European family vacations" would be laughed out of this forum. Yet PSL's and being a season ticket holder is exactly the same thing and people pick on it all day long.
    I couldn't agree more. A boat, a time share, a golf club membership, a Jets PSL/tickets, a RV, etc are all the same. All are disposable income spent on entertainment and are highly personal to the buyer's (and their family's) tastes. It is just downright silly to tell someone how to spend their disposable income, it is so subjective.

    For some of us, it's well understood that everyone's budget is different. I begrudge no one for having a larger budget than me, and I feel for the people who can only afford the cheap seats or who have a hard time floating the Disney vacation. The anti-PSL crowd however is hell bent on taking out their disastifaction with their own budget on anyone they can get within firing distance. It's Woody's fault, it's the Giants's fault, it's the "corporate" people's fault, it's the other stupid Jets fans fault. They need to grow up and deal with their situation like an adult.

  17. #217
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    39,648
    Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    the psl is an added fee that you must pay to enjoy your football team the jets. along with other costs associated with owning season tickets. ticket prices,parking,traveling expenses,tailgate food and drink its all about money not to mention the time it consumes.

    when was the last time anyone enjoyed paying extra fees to do something they like. my favorite 5 star restaurant adds a user fee i dont go anymore if my wife can cook the same food at home. my favorite pizza place adds a user fee and i can make the same pizza at home i stay home.

    i parlayed and lost on psls, many of you are losing too you just dont have the balls to admit it. if the jets raise the prices on 2013 tickets how will you feel?
    Every season ticket holder and PSL owner expects price increases.

    This isn't some shocking development that the Jets are putting on their fans. If the Jets raise prices on the 2013 tickets I will feel nothing, its what it is.

    I'm going to say this in a way that hopefully doesn't sound condescending but, unfortunately, will no matter how it's sugar-coated: Going to live sporting events is a rich-man's privilege. The 14,333 Jets fans who own PSL's clear $200,000 salaries a year, take expensive vacations, drive luxury cars. The reason many of you can't relate to our attitude about season tickets and modest PSL's and paltry price increases is because you don't have money, and it's money that makes the PSL gig fly.

    SAR I

  18. #218
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    The Big Apple, USA
    Posts
    22,088
    Seriously folks.....the only two posters carrying on their daily diatribe aboutthe stadium are GMC and the Banned, neither of whom ever owned a PSL and both of whom bailed on their horrendous UD high row deep EZ seats long before last season

  19. #219
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    39,648
    Quote Originally Posted by tmertz View Post
    I couldn't agree more.

    For some of us, it's well understood that everyone's budget is different. I begrudge no one for having a larger budget than me, and I feel for the people who can only afford the cheap seats or who have a hard time floating the Disney vacation. The anti-PSL crowd however is hell bent on taking out their disastifaction with their own budget on anyone they can get within firing distance. It's Woody's fault, it's the Giants's fault, it's the "corporate" people's fault, it's the other stupid Jets fans fault. They need to grow up and deal with their situation like an adult.
    Precisely.

    These PSL threads always boil down to some 29 year old making $49,000 taking shots at some 45 year old making $249,000 as if we are his problem.

    And when the Jets do something right- like having 27,000 seats without PSL's- it gets no play. When the Jets allow fans to pick their own locations- it gets no play. When the Jets reduce ticket prices and create thousands of $50 seats- it gets no play. But when there is a theory that the Jets are going to gently raise ticket prices, oh, all hell is going to break loose. And why? Because fans who are already writing $5000 checks to the Jets every April now have to write a check for $5200? Who cares? If $200 meant that much to us, trust me, we wouldn't be spending $60,000 per decade to watch games that are on free TV.

    99% of the posts come from people who aren't even season ticket holders. It's laughable. Some of us paid attention in high school, got good grades in college, made something out of ourselves. Yankees, Rangers, Knicks, and Jets season ticket subscriptions are a rich man's game, no one said it was going to be fair, no one is forcing 5 star hotels to charge Motel 6 prices, no one is forcing United to pull first class seats off the plane.

    SAR I

  20. #220
    Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    the psl fee wasnt to improve the overall experience for the fans it was to put money in woodys pocket.
    It was to pay for the stadium. That money is either going to come from public money, or the season ticket holders, period. Whether it was in the form of a PSL or higher ticket prices, we were going to pay for it. You see, that's how commerce works. A business (the Jets) produces a good, we the customers (Jets Fans) pay for it. The Jets are not an entertainment charity with Woody giving away all his money to football needy Jets fans in the form of a new stadium paid from his charitable contribution.

    You can make the arguement that you didn't need the new stadium, and it is no longer enough value to you to pay for tickets for yourself as a result. That's certainly fine, and that's no one's choice but your own. However, you don't get to make that judgement for other people, because you are not them and you do not have the right to tell them what they should value or what their goals should be. It's still a free country right?

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us