Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 12 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
Results 221 to 240 of 699

Thread: No Ticket Renewals yet?

  1. #221
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    3,386
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    If the Jets raise prices on the 2013 tickets I will feel nothing, its what it is.SAR I
    comfortably numb.

    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    Seriously folks.....the only two posters carrying on their daily diatribe aboutthe stadium are GMC and the Banned, neither of whom ever owned a PSL and both of whom bailed on their horrendous UD high row deep EZ seats long before last season
    shut the hell up you dont know jack or jill. go back into exile where you belong. my guess is you are coat tailing on someone elses psl agreement to attend games. sick and tired of you posting nothing but condescending attacks on others.

    Quote Originally Posted by tmertz View Post
    It was to pay for the stadium. That money is either going to come from public money, or the season ticket holders, period. Whether it was in the form of a PSL or higher ticket prices, we were going to pay for it.
    in case you forgot 2 teams 20 games a year including pre-season not counting giants playoffs games. and you are satisfied with that. a sub-par stadium paid for by 2 teams? nevermind.

  2. #222
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    330
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by The Band View Post
    This is the New York Jets we are talking about here, no? They ARE NOT WORTH paying for PSLs. Thats my argument. My other is the stupid stadium, but I think EVERYONE in the world may already know. I just make sure they don`t forget, thats why I remind all forums on a daily basis.
    Do you like it when some fringe group shows up at your front door trying to "save you"? You try to close the door on them as soon as possible, right? It's annoying when they won't go away, right?

    Well, right now, you are the fringe group at the door. We don't need you to save us from spending our disposable income on something we love. So, forgive us if we close the door on you as quickly as possible.

  3. #223
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    39,154
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    comfortably numb.

    in case you forgot 2 teams 20 games a year including pre-season not counting giants playoffs games. and you are satisfied with that. a sub-par stadium paid for by 2 teams? nevermind.
    I don't know what a gallon of milk costs. I don't know what a gallon of gas costs. I don't know what I spend on eggs, cheese, butter, steak, or bread either. When you have money, you just buy the things you need and what it costs is immaterial.

    Rich people don't care what Jets games cost.

    We just want to go to Jets games.

    The Jets send a bill, we pay it, done.

    SAR I

  4. #224
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    The Big Apple, USA
    Posts
    22,030
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    comfortably numb.



    shut the hell up you dont know jack or jill. go back into exile where you belong. my guess is you are coat tailing on someone elses psl agreement to attend games.
    I'd be happy to post a screen shot of my PSL agreement for my LSL seats, GMC2


    Will you do the same about your phantom club seats???

  5. #225
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    39,154
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by tmertz View Post
    Do you like it when some fringe group shows up at your front door trying to "save you"? You try to close the door on them as soon as possible, right? It's annoying when they won't go away, right?

    Well, right now, you are the fringe group at the door. We don't need you to save us from spending our disposable income on something we love. So, forgive us if we close the door on you as quickly as possible.
    I think we need a simple, copy/paste type of boilerplate bit of copy to put in to quickly defuse this type of tangent. I'll start, please feel free to tweak as you see fit. How about this:

    "Rich people don't need your advice."

    SAR I

  6. #226
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    3,386
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    I don't know what a gallon of milk costs. I don't know what a gallon of gas costs. I don't know what I spend on eggs, cheese, butter, steak, or bread either. When you have money, you just buy the things you need and what it costs is immaterial.

    Rich people don't care what Jets games cost.

    We just want to go to Jets games.

    The Jets send a bill, we pay it, done.

    SAR I
    sar i the fact of the matter is you arent rich by any standards. you dont own anything and you are in debt beyond belief. you will die in debt.

    you are all show and no go.

    you lease cars and carry a mortgage all for the write offs and i liked my upper deck seats because i saw the plays develop.

    psls werent meant to enhance the nfl experience at metlife they were meant to put quick money into woodys purse.

    many fans pay them and many have not. fans who originally bought in are revolting and opting out. regardless if its 300 the fact of the matter is its happening.

    games at metlife are nowhere near the way they used to be at old giants stadium. the fans have changed the atmosphere has changed. corporate america is failing daily and blue collar america is paying for it.

    keep your psls and stadium clubs and give me back the old spirals.

    measuring wealth and bragging about it isnt what attending a football game is all about. its about family and friends and the enjoyment of watching your favorite team all at an affordable price.

  7. #227
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    3,386
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    I'd be happy to post a screen shot of my PSL agreement for my LSL seats, GMC2


    Will you do the same about your phantom club seats???
    im not gmc or gmc2. post whatever you want. im not a show me loser or an i i i me me me loser. the fact of the matter is you act like an idiot on this forum and i think you may be bi-polar also. do me a favor and put me on ignore it will save you a banning. thanks

  8. #228
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    330
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    in case you forgot 2 teams 20 games a year including pre-season not counting giants playoffs games. and you are satisfied with that. a sub-par stadium paid for by 2 teams? nevermind.
    Yes, I'm very satisified with my new seats compared to my old ones. Much better.

    BTW, if there was no PSL, the ticket prices would not only be higher, but they would also be going up in price quicker as well. You see, there is something called the time value of money. A dollar today is worth more than a dollar tomorrow. To use a very basic example, if you get rid of a $150 up front PSL and replace it with higher ticket prices, it's not simply replaced by $10 a year more on the ticket prices over 15 years. It's $10 the first year, $11 the second, $12 the third and so on. That is not the accurate prices, I'm just making it simple so anyone not familiar gets the idea.

  9. #229
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    39,154
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    sar i the fact of the matter is you arent rich by any standards. you dont own anything and you are in debt beyond belief. you will die in debt.

    you are all show and no go.

    you lease cars and carry a mortgage all for the write offs
    You don't know me so don't act like you do. I have a net worth in the multiple millions right now, projected to hit double-digit by retirement age.

    I carry no debt at all except for two mortgages on my two properties because paying them off in cash, which I could easily do, makes no financial sense. You pay your mortgage, you get the tax benefit, you invest that $1M in the market, let your money work for you, not against you.

    Your imagined stereotype of a wealthy Jets fan doesn't fly with me. Some of us are driven to succeed and aren't stupid with our money. That's why we can afford PSL's.

    SAR I

  10. #230
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    3,386
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by tmertz View Post
    Yes, I'm very satisified with my new seats compared to my old ones. Much better.

    BTW, if there was no PSL, the ticket prices would not only be higher, but they would also be going up in price quicker as well. You see, there is something called the time value of money. A dollar today is worth more than a dollar tomorrow. To use a very basic example, if you get rid of a $150 up front PSL and replace it with higher ticket prices, it's not simply replaced by $10 a year more on the ticket prices over 15 years. It's $10 the first year, $11 the second, $12 the third and so on. That is not the accurate prices, I'm just making it simple so anyone not familiar gets the idea.
    psls arent an investment to our team they are an investment to a greedy owner who wants his money back from all the stadium expenditures overnight.

    psls are not a longterm or short term investment to capitalize on by any means.

    psls are basically your donation to the owner of your favorite sports team.

    kraft built a new stadium in new england where success has been plenty and never charged his fans a psl fee.

  11. #231
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    39,154
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post

    psls werent meant to enhance the nfl experience at metlife they were meant to put quick money into woodys purse.

    many fans pay them and many have not. fans who originally bought in are revolting and opting out. regardless if its 300 the fact of the matter is its happening.

    games at metlife are nowhere near the way they used to be at old giants stadium. the fans have changed the atmosphere has changed. corporate america is failing daily and blue collar america is paying for it.

    keep your psls and stadium clubs and give me back the old spirals.

    measuring wealth and bragging about it isnt what attending a football game is all about. its about family and friends and the enjoyment of watching your favorite team all at an affordable price.
    Rich people don't need your advice.

    Go kill your dog. Then you can come back here as a Man Of Big Principles and lecture us on how the Jets are treating us and what we should do with our disposable income. Put your money where your mouth is. Go. Do it.

    SAR I

  12. #232
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    3,386
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    You don't know me so don't act like you do. I have a net worth in the multiple millions right now, projected to hit double-digit by retirement age.

    I carry no debt at all except for two mortgages on my two properties because paying them off in cash, which I could easily do, makes no financial sense. You pay your mortgage, you get the tax benefit, you invest that $1M in the market, let your money work for you, not against you.

    Your imagined stereotype of a wealthy Jets fan doesn't fly with me. Some of us are driven to succeed and aren't stupid with our money. That's why we can afford PSL's.

    SAR I
    wait yet you still owe money on the measley psls you lease from the jets.

  13. #233
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    39,154
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    psls arent an investment to our team they are an investment to a greedy owner who wants his money back from all the stadium expenditures overnight.

    psls are not a longterm or short term investment to capitalize on by any means.

    psls are basically your donation to the owner of your favorite sports team.

    kraft built a new stadium in new england where success has been plenty and never charged his fans a psl fee.
    We spent $15,000 on PSL's 5 years ago and you act like we care.

    That money is long, long gone. It's spent, it's over, it's gone.

    That money means nothing to us. Oh, except for one very important thing, the most important thing of all:

    It allowed us to buy old timers like you out and take your seats for cash. Just like in the real world. Fancy that.

    SAR I

  14. #234
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    3,386
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Rich people don't need your advice.

    Go kill your dog. Then you can come back here as a Man Of Big Principles and lecture us on how the Jets are treating us and what we should do with our disposable income. Put your money where your mouth is. Go. Do it.

    SAR I
    i own psls and i dont own a dog. just beacause i do won psls i cant sit here and say they are a good investment or a good deal.

    you remind me of a person who buys the artificial store brand of generic brand and then tells others how good it is when in reality it sucks.

    what do you have against dogs and blue collar workers?

  15. #235
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    The Big Apple, USA
    Posts
    22,030
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by tmertz View Post
    Yes, I'm very satisified with my new seats compared to my old ones. Much better.

    BTW, if there was no PSL, the ticket prices would not only be higher, but they would also be going up in price quicker as well. You see, there is something called the time value of money. A dollar today is worth more than a dollar tomorrow. To use a very basic example, if you get rid of a $150 up front PSL and replace it with higher ticket prices, it's not simply replaced by $10 a year more on the ticket prices over 15 years. It's $10 the first year, $11 the second, $12 the third and so on. That is not the accurate prices, I'm just making it simple so anyone not familiar gets the idea.
    Those of us who after 25 years in the crappy UD of a dump with huge blue GIANTS signs om the outside were able to obtain great seats in our new stadium because of a small wise long term investment in a PSL are pretty much ALL (95 or more percent) happy we had that opportunity.

    Virtually all the griping read here and on every stadium thread since inception comes from those who shortsightedly chose to pass.

    There are a couple of posters who had legit financial issues we all respect them and hope things improve for them

  16. #236
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    39,154
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    wait yet you still owe money on the measley psls you lease from the jets.
    I bought my PSL's outright on June 1, 2009. I have no payment plan whatsoever.

    And, following my financial advisers advice, I charged the $16,000 to my Fidelity 529 Mastercard which I paid in full on June 10, 2009 so I could accrue an additional $1,100 in tax-free funds towards my childrens' college educations in the transaction.

    Rich people let their money make money for them. Buy some new clothes, take a shower, maybe you'll meet some.

    SAR I

  17. #237
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    3,386
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    It allowed us to buy old timers like you out and take your seats for cash. Just like in the real world. Fancy that.

    SAR I
    speak for yourself im not the guy carrying around aarp card.

    i enjoy the finer things in life and dont need to brag about them on a football forum.

    id like to continue this but im on my way out to daytona 500 nascar party with a bunch of redneck blue collar guys all real jets fans. enjoy your day.

  18. #238
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    39,154
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post

    what do you have against dogs and blue collar workers?
    It's you, GMC. You make us dislike dog-owning blue collar workers. You judge rich people unfairly. It's not right. We don't like it.

    Tonight, I'm going to gas up my BMW, ask the attendant to wash all my windows, and I'm not going to give him a tip because I'm angry at the way you're speaking to me right now. I will continue to punish blue collar types until you apologize. That's on you, not me.

    SAR I

  19. #239
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    3,386
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Rich people let their money make money for them. Buy some new clothes, take a shower, maybe you'll meet some.

    SAR I
    i despise of so called rich people like yourself for the fact they feel the need to brag about it.

  20. #240
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    3,386
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    It's you, GMC. You make us dislike dog-owning blue collar workers. You judge rich people unfairly. It's not right. We don't like it.

    Tonight, I'm going to gas up my BMW, ask the attendant to wash all my windows, and I'm not going to give him a tip because I'm angry at the way you're speaking to me right now. I will continue to punish blue collar types until you apologize. That's on you, not me.

    SAR I
    im not gmc just because a member comes here and doesnt agree with the the group hes automatically labeled a former poster? how original.

    you own the world everything you do is the best you make all the right financial decisions you drive the best car on the universe.

    happy now? have a nice day.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us