Page 14 of 35 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: No Ticket Renewals yet?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    metlife is in the swamps of new jersey.
    Which has a higher property value than the urban swamps of Detroit.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by tmertz View Post
    Which has a higher property value than the urban swamps of Detroit.
    And certainly sinkholes like Cleveland and Foxborough

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bobr68 View Post
    Gotta say it's a sad day when you go to read about NFL football and the Jets on this board and read about: people joking to shoot a pet, insulting immigrants, bashing blue collar workers...I enjoy football as a relief from that crap!
    Unfortuantly, anytime anyone posts any new news about the stadium or ticket prices, the thread immediatly devolves.

Thought this forum was above this childish behavior.
    This forum, really?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    Sorry, I don't have a rooting interest in NASCAR

Don't care much for WWE, Roller Derby or Professional Cycling either.

As for the rest of your post replete with your usual threats, name calling and personal attacks, I'll let the mods handle things

Good luck to you and your GMC Racing Team though
    its so much more than the race.

its spending time with family,friends,co-workers catching up on the void left since football season ended all in the luxury of someones home. no psls or tickets required. no lines for the bathroom. enjoying home made food. hearing about college choices of children and job success of others.

just a bunch of blue collar people enjoying a sunday afternoon vs shopping the spring bulb section at home depot or counting cigars in a humidor or scrambling to find the paperwork needed to file the 2012 tax return.

please do let the mods handle things as you have been nothing but on the attack since i joined here numerous times over and over trolling with the same play on words and never posting anything about the topic at hand.

you fit the perfect psl fan base. owns psls but dont know a damn thing about football or life for that matter.

i wish you the best in life as you really seem to have problems beyond hatred posts on an internet message board thats supposed to be all fans and friends of the same team.

my opinions vary and differ on psls and im the bad guy. thanks

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Gotta say it's a sad day when you go to read about NFL football and the Jets on this board and read about: people joking to shoot a pet, insulting immigrants, bashing blue collar workers...I enjoy football as a relief from that crap! Thought this forum was above this childish behavior.
    It's really just good ole fashioned ball busting. Don't take anything too serious.

I may shoot my wife's cat though.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by buickrob View Post
    It's really just good ole fashioned ball busting. Don't take anything too serious.

at least someone gets it. It`s the internet. None of this crap matters. Just like the Jets winning a dumb game. It will be 45 years since the Jets were hoisting anything aside from money outta your wallets.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by buickrob View Post

Only if its pissing in your leased BMW ;-)

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Soooooooooo.

Anyone in the market for two LLEZ seats?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    All good facts, but this is just going to confuse some people on this thread further. When it comes to it's value, all real estate is local. NYC > Foxborough > Cleveland. There's no getting around the fact that a stadium and the land it's on cost more in NYC metro area than in Arizona. This difference is built in to the ticket prices.
    In general your posts are very good but if you want to stick to facts then you must post factually.

Of course the land under Met Life has more value then the land you mentioned. The truth is though that the teams got the land for free from the NJ Sports Authority, so the ticket prices the teams charge have zero to do with the land costs incurred.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I hope that someday those who chose not to buy PSLs will be able to get over the price paid by those of us who did.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    One ski week down. Headed north today for second week in another great Vermont resort. Then, off to the California desert for golf...

The Banned, GMC are right about one thing...

Football games..not really very important

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Queens Jet Fan View Post
    In general your posts are very good but if you want to stick to facts then you must post factually.

Of course the land under Met Life has more value then the land you mentioned. The truth is though that the teams got the land for free from the NJ Sports Authority, so the ticket prices the teams charge have zero to do with the land costs incurred.
    I think technically the state still owns the land, and the teams pay a few million a year to rent the land. So, the amount of the land lease factors in. I couldn't find a good reference on the amount and terms though.

I would argue the premise remains the same. Even though the team doesn't own the land, the higher the value and the more expensive the general market, then the more expensive the lease, taxes, and stadium construction costs will be. I don't think anyone would argue that Metlife stadium would have been much cheaper if built in a different market?

Imagine if Woody had built the equivalent of Cowboys stadium on the west side!

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    One ski week down. Headed north today for second week in another great Vermont resort. Then, off to the California desert for golf...

Did you enjoy the beginner slopes in Vermont and I heard the putt-putt courses in Califonia are awesome.

Enjoy your vacation sg.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Along the lines of the original thread subject, anyone hear anything on any incremental stadium improvements for this year?

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Along the lines of the original thread subject, anyone hear anything on any incremental stadium improvements for this year?
    Such as?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    All good facts, but this is just going to confuse some people on this thread further. When it comes to it's value, all real estate is local. NYC > Foxborough > Cleveland. There's no getting around the fact that a stadium and the land it's on cost more in NYC metro area than in Arizona. This difference is built in to the ticket prices.

Land cost might be relevant if the stadium wasn't on leased land. And it is.

You also ignore the fact that unlike ANY other stadium, it,'s costs, although ridiculous, are divided in two.
    Last edited by GuidoYaztremski; 02-24-2013 at 04:17 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Apache 51 View Post
    Such as?
    Like what they've done behind Mez B and the UD in the past - additional concessions, bathrooms, etc.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    Did you enjoy the beginner slopes in Vermont and I heard the putt-putt courses in Califonia are awesome.

Enjoy your vacation sg.

+1

Enjoy the skiing and don't pull a Michael Kennedy.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GuidoYaztremski View Post
    Land cost might be relevant if the stadium wasn't on leased land. And it is.

You also ignore the fact that unlike ANY other stadium, it,'s costs, although ridiculous, are divided in two.
    So, the lease cost is set in a vacuum? A rented apartment in Manhattan is a lot more than a a rented apartment in Detroit.

I'm far from ignoring the split, in fact it makes my point stronger. If the Jets and Giants had each built seperate stadiums at exactly half the cost they would be tied for the 2nd most expensive stadium in the league. They would be tied for the 7th most expensive stadium in the world, across all sports and countries.

Of the current top 6 most expensive stadiums to build in the world, 4 are in the New York metro area. A renovation to Madison Square Garden, an arena seating roughly 20,000, cost more than to build Gillette stadium. In fact, it cost more than all NFL stadiums but Metlife stadium and Cowboys stadium.
    Last edited by tmertz; 02-24-2013 at 04:36 PM.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    So, the lease cost is set in a vacuum? A rented apartment in Manhattan is a lot more than a a rented apartment in Detroit.
    The lease cost is surely incremental. The total costs are shared with the Giants, the ONLY such arrangement in the NFL. You don't think those two factors alone offset differences in regional costs?