Page 15 of 35 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: No Ticket Renewals yet?

Quote Originally Posted by GuidoYaztremski View Post
    The lease cost is surely incremental. The total costs are shared with the Giants, the ONLY such arrangement in the NFL. You don't think those two factors alone offset differences in regional costs?
    Nope, I don't. See my edit.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Quote Originally Posted by tmertz View Post
    Like what they've done behind Mez B and the UD in the past - additional concessions, bathrooms, etc.
    Oh, I see.

Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    You don't know me so don't act like you do. I have a net worth in the multiple millions right now, projected to hit double-digit by retirement age.
    SAR I
    Priceless... I WOULD pay a PSL just to read these posts!
    Last edited by Flushing Roots; 02-24-2013 at 05:31 PM.

You don't know me so don't act like you do. I have a net worth in the multiple millions right now, projected to hit double-digit by retirement age.

SAR I

Bullspit. People with REAL money don't talk about it as much as you do. I know MANY very wealthy people who have been CEOs of household named, well known multi-billion dollar corporations and NONE have ever bragged about their net worth or their incredible wealth (and most make more than your self-declared total net worth in a less than a month.)

And those that lease 3 series BMWs, do so for their 17 year old daughters, or the hired help.

Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    One ski week down. Headed north today for second week in another great Vermont resort. Then, off to the California desert for golf...

The Banned, GMC are right about one thing...

Football games..not really very important
    not gmc, but break a leg.

you just dont get it and never will.

Question

I carry no debt at all except for two mortgages on my two properties because paying them off in cash, which I could easily do, makes no financial sense. You pay your mortgage, you get the tax benefit, you invest that $1M in the market, let your money work for you, not against you.

Your imagined stereotype of a wealthy Jets fan doesn't fly with me. Some of us are driven to succeed and aren't stupid with our money. That's why we can afford PSL's.

SAR I

Something strikes me very odd? if you did have a net worth in the "millions" then why would you not buy seats right behind the Jet bench or perhaps buy a luxury box rather then sit in Section 232a?

With that kind of coin you could be so close to the players that if they passed gas? you'd be able to smell them.

Exclamation

I don't need to brag about it.
    According to this post below by you, I'd say you speak with forked tongue lol

"You don't know me so don't act like you do. I have a net worth in the multiple millions right now, projected to hit double-digit by retirement age.

I carry no debt at all except for two mortgages on my two properties because paying them off in cash, which I could easily do, makes no financial sense. You pay your mortgage, you get the tax benefit, you invest that $1M in the market, let your money work for you, not against you.

Your imagined stereotype of a wealthy Jets fan doesn't fly with me. Some of us are driven to succeed and aren't stupid with our money. That's why we can afford PSL's."

SAR I

I think technically the state still owns the land, and the teams pay a few million a year to rent the land. So, the amount of the land lease factors in. I couldn't find a good reference on the amount and terms though.

I would argue the premise remains the same. Even though the team doesn't own the land, the higher the value and the more expensive the general market, then the more expensive the lease, taxes, and stadium construction costs will be. I don't think anyone would argue that Metlife stadium would have been much cheaper if built in a different market?

Imagine if Woody had built the equivalent of Cowboys stadium on the west side!
    Here I found the lease info:
    The new agreement calls for the teams to pay a combined $5 million in annual rent and $1.3 million in taxes for the 75 acres needed for the stadium and training complex for the Giants. A commercial project will also be built on the land and the tax payment will increase once the retail and commercial projects have been built. The rent was unchanged from the previous agreement.
    http://football.ballparks.com/NFL/Ne...s/newindex.htm

You can't really say the $5 Mil/year for that land is market rate. Do you really believe that what they pay in rent and taxes justifies higher ticket prices compared to other teams?

Really the taxpayers of NJ are getting ripped off by these measly rates.

Oh by the way the Jets got the land for their training facility in Florham Park for free also.
    Last edited by Queens Jet Fan; 02-24-2013 at 05:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Inspector Oofus View Post
    Something strikes me very odd? if you did have a net worth in the "millions" then why would you not buy seats right behind the Jet bench or perhaps buy a luxury box rather then sit in Section 232a?

With that kind of coin you could be so close to the players that if they passed gas? you'd be able to smell them.
    hes got millions of bull****. hes a wanna be high roller i got rocks live in a mcmansion have a mortgage i will never pay off own a jets psl woo hoo rah rah.

he doesnt tailgate because he would probably get his ass kicked all over the parking lot.

hes the new and improved woody jonhson jet fan.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    hes got millions of bull****. hes a wanna be high roller i got rocks live in a mcmansion have a mortgage i will never pay off own a jets psl woo hoo rah rah.

he doesnt tailgate because he would probably get his ass kicked all over the parking lot.

hes the new and improved woody jonhson jet fan.
    Why do you find it so hard to believe a person around age 50 is worth in excess of 1 million????

I see it all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Cornfed View Post
    I hope that someday those who chose not to buy PSLs will be able to get over the price paid by those of us who did.
    LOL. POTY right there.

SAR I

Along the lines of the original thread subject, anyone hear anything on any incremental stadium improvements for this year?
    Well, we got a hat and then we got a scarf so I'm thinking socks are in order.

SAR I

Bullspit. People with REAL money don't talk about it as much as you do.

And those that lease 3 series BMWs, do so for their 17 year old daughters, or the hired help.
    People with real money should talk about it more instead of being ashamed of what they've accomplished.

I'll cut you a deal- you stop throwing your poverty in my face, I'll stop throwing my wealth in yours.

I don't have a 17 year old. When I do, yes, I'll be leasing him a BMW. He's a great kid, and the world needs to know of his family wealth so he can marry well and continue the tradition for future generations.

SAR I

Quote Originally Posted by Inspector Oofus View Post

Once you graduate from The Kiddie Table you'll realize that the wealthy stay wealthy by learning how not to spend money.

I have the seats I wanted. If they cost more, I'd have paid more.

SAR I

Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    Why do you find it so hard to believe a person around age 50 is worth in excess of 1 million????

I see it all the time.
    the fact of the matter is i dont find it hard to believe i rub elbows with many others in the same boat and then some, its the internet troll persona that he portrays who feels the need to brag about it. i consider him to be the homeless guy at the soup kitchen who just found 100 bucks.

People with real money should talk about it more instead of being ashamed of what they've accomplished.

I'll cut you a deal- you stop throwing your poverty in my face, I'll stop throwing my wealth in yours.

I don't have a 17 year old. When I do, yes, I'll be leasing him a BMW. He's a great kid, and the world needs to know of his family wealth so he can marry well and continue the tradition for future generations.

SAR I
    Dude ... You are acting like a badly drawn cartoon.

SAR I
    so you will buy your sons success with a leased bmw? instead of attracting young women for who he his you would rather they choose him for what he has.

SAR I
    LMAO...no poverty here bub. I'm guessing I've got a few years, not many, but a few on you. I retired for all intents and purposes a few years ago. I still dabble in a few businesses that I pay other middle managers, like yourself, to run per my directives. I'd venture to guess that I've got at least a dozen people in my employ who have a higher net worth that you.

You act like a million dollars means something in Bergan County. That's practically the poverty line there, no?

LMAO...no poverty here bub. I'm guessing I've got a few years, not many, but a few on you. I retired for all intents and purposes a few years ago. I still dabble in a few businesses that I pay other middle managers, like yourself, to run per my directives. I'd venture to guess that I've got at least a dozen people in my employ who have a higher net worth that you.

You act like a million dollars means something in Bergan County. That's practically the poverty line there, no?
    but he drives around in a leased 3-series and wears horsie pants on the weekends.

I can confirm the poverty line comment ....