Page 19 of 35 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Thread: No Ticket Renewals yet?

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    ive been told its smells like urine and is difficult to get out of after the game.
    Let's leave the Bronx out of this discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Doesn't work: Parking lot one-space rules enforcement, lots have 10%-15% of spots taken by tailgaters, guards do not evict, must get to stadium 2 hours before kickoff to get a yellow space.

Doesn't work: PA system is way too loud, never stops making noise. Impossible to have a conversation with a seat neighbor for all the shouting, the bombardment of music, commercials, tee-boys, PC Richard's whistles, military honorees, evacuation strategies, helmet races, its a never-ending cacophony of an ear-splitting racket.

Could be better: Pregame entertainment for families. Because the parking forces you to arrive at the game 2 hours early, you wind up inside the stadium ring with 90 minutes to kill. The kids are bored of the inflatable obstacle course, dad doesn't want to walk-up to the ESPN booth, Jets need to do something more fun since they're forcing us to kill so much time.

Could be better: Food choices. There are tons of places to buy food, never any lines, but all the stands pretty much sell the same thing. Jets should step it up, offer us more options.

SAR I
    Thank you for the even handedness! I was beginning to think you were a shill for the Jets! Agree on all points and I think it is BS that if you are a non club seat holder, you can't buy green parking passes. It's a freaking caste system! I personally like to get in and out quick and this past year I got out at halftime, i.e. 49ers and Miami game. I know those passes are reserved for the club seat holders but crap, the lot is always half empty and there is always availability on the secondary market. I passed on the orange passes out in Siberia and went on Craiglist and was able to get green passes for all games secondhand at a premium of course. Thing with the secondary market on parking passes is the asking prices go up closer to the game because the sellers know they have you by the b*lls.
    Last edited by Flushing Roots; 02-25-2013 at 06:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by FlagmanL11 View Post
    The Devils have the bars around the stadium and it is good for night games, but I do miss the tailgating for the playoffs...
    there are no bars aside from Redds within walking distance to the stadium. I don`t think anyone is going to walk from Rt. 17 or Rt. 3 to the stadium. Redds is the closest pub/eatery to the stadium. Grasshopper(don`t know the new name)is about a mile away. Too old for that walk. The other options are the hotels on Paterson Plank Rd. Still, not within walking distance. Crap, even the arena parking lots where we use to tailgate aren`t really within walking distance. At least not both ways anyway. we always took the shuttle bus in and walked back.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Doesn't work: Parking lot one-space rules enforcement, lots have 10%-15% of spots taken by tailgaters, guards do not evict, must get to stadium 2 hours before kickoff to get a yellow space.

Doesn't work: PA system is way too loud, never stops making noise. Impossible to have a conversation with a seat neighbor for all the shouting, the bombardment of music, commercials, tee-boys, PC Richard's whistles, military honorees, evacuation strategies, helmet races, its a never-ending cacophony of an ear-splitting racket.

Could be better: Pregame entertainment for families. Because the parking forces you to arrive at the game 2 hours early, you wind up inside the stadium ring with 90 minutes to kill. The kids are bored of the inflatable obstacle course, dad doesn't want to walk-up to the ESPN booth, Jets need to do something more fun since they're forcing us to kill so much time.

Could be better: Food choices. There are tons of places to buy food, never any lines, but all the stands pretty much sell the same thing. Jets should step it up, offer us more options.

SAR I
    The PA is a nuisance in the corners, but it's bad acoustic planning, I think, more than anything else. I sat one game last year in the LL mid field, much better than 232a, where it drives me crazy.

As far as food and parking issues, they have all that, they're just not giving it to you, at your station in stadium life. Jump one section to your left, and you drive straight into the lot, past everyone else, 20 mins before kickoff. Use the extra 5 minutes to decide between the carving station, pulled pork, pizza oven, food network station, etc., etc. You complaining about food and parking is the equivalent of the non-PSL upper deckers complaining about bathrooms, entry/exit, and, well, parking.

Quote Originally Posted by Dcat View Post
    Idiot, the average prices include all the club seats. The average non-club seat prices for the Pats are higher than those of the Jets and Giants. In fact they are the second highest in the NFL.
    Maybe just maybe he's not such an idiot?

The Jets have the highest average, non-premium ticket price in the league
    Now I don't know this for a fact but when I read non-premium I assumed they were talking about non-club seats. Was my assumption wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by FlagmanL11 View Post
    Really, to me it is pretty much the same....
    There used to be more elaborate tailgates. People brought everything but the kitchen sink. Whether it was people who attended my tailgate or others around me. Now there are a lot more people in their 20s and 30s (my age group I know) who just graduated college coming in with car stereos blaring club music. No grills and no food just a case of beer, a funnel, and couple bottles of hard liquor.

You're my friend on facebook so you've seen I like that stuff but just not at a football game. I already had to boot someone from my taillgate because every week they wanted to blast that stuff and we have a pretty diverse age range (anywhere from 10 years old to 70 years old). Also just showed up with a cooler full of booze and never wanted to clean up anything. In general though I feel like people don't clean up as nicely. I'm not saying things need to be perfectly clean but there's no reason to leave plates thrown all over and beer bottles shattered everywhere.

Also my truck has been pelted a lot more with footballs the past three years. This has been both by young and old but a couple times I've had to drop a few F bombs to startle the people and have them stop.

Quote Originally Posted by Jets337 View Post
    There used to be more elaborate tailgates. People brought everything but the kitchen sink. Whether it was people who attended my tailgate or others around me. Now there are a lot more people in their 20s and 30s (my age group I know) who just graduated college coming in with car stereos blaring club music. No grills and no food just a case of beer, a funnel, and couple bottles of hard liquor.

You're my friend on facebook so you've seen I like that stuff but just not at a football game. I already had to boot someone from my taillgate because every week they wanted to blast that stuff and we have a pretty diverse age range (anywhere from 10 years old to 70 years old). Also just showed up with a cooler full of booze and never wanted to clean up anything. In general though I feel like people don't clean up as nicely. I'm not saying things need to be perfectly clean but there's no reason to leave plates thrown all over and beer bottles shattered everywhere.

Also my truck has been pelted a lot more with footballs the past three years. This has been both by young and old but a couple times I've had to drop a few F bombs to startle the people and have them stop.
    the metlife tailgate crowd isnt half as good as it used to be.

on any given sunday at the old stadium fans were friendly and less violent they intervened and offered food,beer and friendship. the new crowd is very confrontational and arrogant to say the least. i remember the year we played pittsurgh in the snow i set up a tent for my crowd of 6 by the time kickoff came around we had at least 25 people partying with us all strangers who then became weekly friends.

the broken glass and the trash is something the metlife personnel needs to address instead of ignoring.

I don't need to be patted on the back for my success.

I just don't need to be told that I'm wasting my money on a football team by someone who is wasting his money on his dog, cigarettes, beer, fast food, and movies.

The minute one of you preachers gives up something unnecessary that you love is the minute you can tell us what we should be doing with our money.

SAR I
    Can you give me some of your money?

they intervened and offered food,beer and friendship.
    that cracked me up. it's like, back in the old days.... first..........

THEY INTERVENED; then..... they offered food; then...... they offered beer; then.... they offered friendship

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by Jetfan16 View Post
    Can you give me some of your money?
    Dude, it's not "just" money it's "FUN MONEY" lol

Quote Originally Posted by isired View Post
    The PA is a nuisance in the corners, but it's bad acoustic planning, I think, more than anything else. I sat one game last year in the LL mid field, much better than 232a, where it drives me crazy.
    Crap, really that bad in 232? I just moved there.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by buickrob View Post
    Crap, really that bad in 232? I just moved there.
    You get used to it, but it's jarring at first, and if you have kids under 10, I would being earplugs for them. Where did you move from?

Quote Originally Posted by isired View Post
    You get used to it, but it's jarring at first, and if you have kids under 10, I would being earplugs for them. Where did you move from?
    Came from 148.

Kids won't be coming with for a few years still. I mostly bring my dad, he probably won't even hear it. Looking out for #1 on this one.

on any given sunday at the old stadium fans were friendly and less violent they intervened and offered food,beer and friendship. the new crowd is very confrontational and arrogant to say the least. i remember the year we played pittsurgh in the snow i set up a tent for my crowd of 6 by the time kickoff came around we had at least 25 people partying with us all strangers who then became weekly friends.

the broken glass and the trash is something the metlife personnel needs to address instead of ignoring.
    I park along an island area. This way plenty of room to set up and not hold up extra parking spaces. The stupid part is they will come around at 8:10 am saying we can't hold spots and the car is going to be pulling in at 8:15 and there are plenty of spots. They never come around again though and when the people who come in at 9:30 am hold up several spots that cars aren't in a word isn't said. I can't figure it out.

That being said I know couple of the lot attendants and guys on golf carts most are pretty nice. It's a lack of communication at the management level.

Another example. I was in a tailgate competition two years ago. It was set up through the stadium was a great time. I was given a special pass to come in at 7 am. One of my other guys comes in and one guy is letting him into the area to set up for the competition another guy is yelling and screaming that all of our cars are being towed. In the mean time the stadium is involved in the event. They subcontract the lots out to another company so it's a different group of people just becomes a mess.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Quote Originally Posted by The Band View Post
    see, now you finally made a legitimate post without berating anyone or bragging about wealth.

Very good points made. We always followed the parking rules, but we also showed up very early to set up and had our spots we used every game. New stadium came around and our spots were taken even though we had to line up our vehicles and wait for the lots to open. How the F does that happen? Did they pay off the toll taker? Regardless, the guys who took our spot(s) with their trailers were pretty nice people and we got along well for the one season.

What really bugged us about the old and new stadium, actually the entire meadowlands area, was, there is NOTHING to do and NOWHERE to go. Thats why tailgating is such a big deal in NJ. Our group would have loved to have the option of tailgating OR going to a pub/restaurant for pre-game and post-game. This is why I am so upset about the whole idea of sharing ANOTHER stadium again. I despise the place. There is NOTHING to do but grill and drink there. I agree with you that kids have absolutely nothing to do as well. They certainly don`t want to hang out with mom & dad and their friends, especially if no other kids their age are around. I have 2 daughters. They were bored to hell going so it`s another reason why I dropped my seats. Quite happy I didn`t waste money on PSLs because my girls really don`t want anything to do with football.

As far as your other points made, I couldn`t agree more about the food choices and prices and the stupid noise in the stadium. It really isn`t a great atmosphere anymore. Years ago in the old stadium it was fine. The tickets were priced accordingly(it was the Jets playing so they should be one of the cheapest in the legue, and they were till Parcells arrived). I also didn`t have kids and the wife didn`t want to go anymore so it was just a bunch buddies having a Sunday out 8x a year.

I have tons of suggestions for the Jets to make the game experience better for all but they ain`t paying me so they ain`t gettin `em.
    You are looking for something to do in the parking lot??? That's not very realistic. But, if you go inside the gate, the Jets have put in a bunch of things for kids. They could do better, but my boys love doing the run/pass/kick thing to the point that we go in about 1/2 hr earlier than we otherwise would. As far as the parking lot goes, my kids will throw a football for hours.

Quote Originally Posted by Digetydog View Post
    Never Ever park in a garage for a concert or sporting event if it can be avoided. They are nightmares to get out of.

Agree, but for the no tailgate crowd, you can't tailgate in the garage.

Quote Originally Posted by Jets337 View Post

Move by me next year... much more civilized....

No old stadium lot was a disaster after the games, much more crap left behind IMO... As for the food, beer, friendship stuff I always welcome in those in need of a spot to hang....

Quote Originally Posted by Inspector Oofus View Post
    Dude, it's not "just" money it's "FUN MONEY" lol
    I want in on the entire gravy train!!!

[QUOTE=isired;4820177]The PA is a nuisance in the corners, but it's bad acoustic planning, I think, more than anything else. I sat one game last year in the LL mid field, much better than 232a, where it drives me crazy.

2 Mezzanine End Zone A 225a 6 21 - 22 Aisle All $1,877

Mezz A is the bomb for resale. Around $900 bucks each is new lowest listing, and aisle seats to boot.

Mezz end zone were sucky seats in old stadium