Page 22 of 35 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast
Results 421 to 440 of 699

Thread: No Ticket Renewals yet?

  1. #421
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    nyc
    Posts
    11,569
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post


    Sideline perspective Mezz A. Row 1 no zoom.

    SAR I
    It's not the old uppers, because it's lower, but it's further back than they were. And it's afurther view overall than the old mezz (though other things made those seats awkward, but the rain protection was probably worth it).

    Let's face it, anything past the 20 and you've got a good distance between you and the action.

  2. #422
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    nyc
    Posts
    11,569
    Quote Originally Posted by Dcat View Post
    This is one of the lesser reasons I evacuated the overrated Mezz Corners. But not the main reason. There is a reason why these seats only had a $4,000 PSL. First, the height is closer to that of the Upper corners at Giants Stadium. Having sat in row 4 of the Mezz Corners at Giants Stadium, the difference between that and the Mezz corner at MetLife was simply staggering. The view is ok, but just way too distant from most of the action for my taste. After having been in the endzone and then corners for over 25 years, enough. If I'm going to buy in to PSLville, then it will be for great seats, not for Walmart quality cheapness. For PSL money, I need a sidelines view. All this bullcrap about Mezz corners being "quasi-sidelines" view: is just that.. horse_shhheeeeet. You are well behind the back of the endzone. It is an endzone view, period. It takes quite the vivid imagination to label that anything close to a "sidelines" view. Second, ingress/egresss in the lowers is much faster with no escalators or stairwells to deal with. The wait at the escalators to go up what should be a single level was absurd. Plus, it was actually a pair of escalators, not one. It is two full levels up over the playing field, unlike the Mezz at Giants stadium. 3rd, the wind in the Mezz corners is incredible. On cold days it positively is worse up there. One day that we thought was very windy, we migrated down from the Mezz corners to 135 because we saw a bunch of empties there (I had sold my own 135's earlier), what was like a wind tunnel in the Mezz corner was now mild and barely noticeable in the lower sidelines. Last, the freaking noise from the speakers in the corners is intolerable. It's still loud everywhere else, but the Mezz corners were the loudest, and most annoying and unpleasant.

    JMO.
    The speakers are not a reason, by themselves, to not go. But I agree, the corners are not great seats. As I've said before, I'd never pay the PSL plus game day price for 233 (I'm lucky enough to get a handful of games there each year), and 232a is surely better value (to me, anyway, I don't think the pseudo-clubs are width the additional money), but I wouldn't want to commit long term there either. And the seats I would commit for are in the 10-20k per seat PSL range, and I'm not going to lay out 80k in PSLs for the games I can get to every year. The problem the Jets have is that it's just not hard for me to go to those 4-5 games I can get to. I usually don't pay at all, and when I have, I've paid leased than face for better sideline seats. If this wasn't the case, I might have bitten the bullet and gone for 4 on the LSL on the visitor's side.

  3. #423
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    39,648
    Quote Originally Posted by isired View Post
    It's not the old uppers, because it's lower, but it's further back than they were. And it's afurther view overall than the old mezz (though other things made those seats awkward, but the rain protection was probably worth it).

    Let's face it, anything past the 20 and you've got a good distance between you and the action.


    The new mezz is exactly 7 rows higher and further back than Giants Stadium. That's about an elevation of 10 feet and a pushback of 20 feet.

    Must have taken 100 photos in the mezz corners at GS before they closed her down, wanted to make sure we had it down pat.

    SAR I

  4. #424
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    39,648
    Quote Originally Posted by isired View Post
    The speakers are not a reason, by themselves, to not go. But I agree, the corners are not great seats. As I've said before, I'd never pay the PSL plus game day price for 233 (I'm lucky enough to get a handful of games there each year), and 232a is surely better value (to me, anyway, I don't think the pseudo-clubs are width the additional money), but I wouldn't want to commit long term there either. And the seats I would commit for are in the 10-20k per seat PSL range, and I'm not going to lay out 80k in PSLs for the games I can get to every year. The problem the Jets have is that it's just not hard for me to go to those 4-5 games I can get to. I usually don't pay at all, and when I have, I've paid leased than face for better sideline seats. If this wasn't the case, I might have bitten the bullet and gone for 4 on the LSL on the visitor's side.
    Speaking for myself, I'm a mezzanine guy.

    LL is too low, too much standing up, some cases too low to the action.

    UD is too high.

    MEZZ is just right.

    In order to be in the Mezz but not get hit with the cost of Club seats, the Mezz A corners are the best you can do. So I did.

    SAR I

  5. #425
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    nyc
    Posts
    11,569
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Speaking for myself, I'm a mezzanine guy.

    LL is too low, too much standing up, some cases too low to the action.

    UD is too high.

    MEZZ is just right.

    In order to be in the Mezz but not get hit with the cost of Club seats, the Mezz A corners are the best you can do. So I did.

    SAR I
    You decided you were going to continue to go no matter what, so you picked the best value in terms of price vs. quality. Nothing wrong with that, it's smart. If I'd been travelling all those years, I'd probably have kept the tixx too - after doing the (5?) hour drive each way, I'd be damned if I'm going to move next door and then stop going.

    But... for you, you'd get everything you want (greater food selection, no need to get to the games hours beforehand, a little bit less tailgating in your lots) if you'd move over a section or two and spring for the clubs. It would solve all of your problems except the speakers - you'd have to pay a few more bucks and move in between the 30s to solve that I think.

  6. #426
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Speaking for myself, I'm a mezzanine guy.

    LL is too low, too much standing up, some cases too low to the action.

    UD is too high.

    MEZZ is just right.

    In order to be in the Mezz but not get hit with the cost of Club seats, the Mezz A corners are the best you can do. So I did.

    SAR I
    I sometimes buy and sell tickets for some extra cash so I had a friend call me up asking me my opinion of 49ers PSLs as an investment and wondering if I'd go in on it. While I decided it's not a good idea to "invest" in I checked out their set up. They were a bit smarter they have a lot less club seats/luxury suites when I checked out their stadium map. Their mezzanine end zones have a $5k PSL and $100 ticket price but they also have seats from the goal line to about the 10 yard line with a $5k PSL and only $125 ticket price. They also only have half of an upper deck the other half is suites/boxes. The upper deck though has an $85 ticket price and $2k PSL.

    If the Jets and Giants had used a similar design I think they would be better off. I understand it's a different market but if the Jets offered let's say 15k upper deck seats instead of 27k they easily could have sold them out with a $2k PSL attached and lowered PSL prices throughout the rest of the stadium like the 49ers did.

    I know it's a totally different market but just throwing out a comparison. The one thing this stadium lacks are affordable sideline seats.

    Me personally I like corner end zone it's where I sat in the old place too and I can see more formations and defenses they are using but a lot of people look at the end zone in any level of the stadium as shopping at K Mart. Everyone has their own views though on what perspective they want to watch the game from.

  7. #427
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    39,648
    Quote Originally Posted by isired View Post
    You decided you were going to continue to go no matter what, so you picked the best value in terms of price vs. quality. Nothing wrong with that, it's smart. If I'd been travelling all those years, I'd probably have kept the tixx too - after doing the (5?) hour drive each way, I'd be damned if I'm going to move next door and then stop going.

    But... for you, you'd get everything you want (greater food selection, no need to get to the games hours beforehand, a little bit less tailgating in your lots) if you'd move over a section or two and spring for the clubs. It would solve all of your problems except the speakers - you'd have to pay a few more bucks and move in between the 30s to solve that I think.
    Well, there's The Workaround and then there's Phase II.

    The Workaround: Getting green parking passes and selling one's yellow parking passes can net out to be a gain if planned right. Buy the green's in April, sell the yellows 24 hours before gameday's, you make money.

    Phase II: Mezz Clubs work for me except for the gameday ticket price. The PSL was nothing. Just didn't want to spend $400 per ticket per game which was the original price. The Jets dropped the price down to $200, so that helps. My Row 1 Mezz A corners will always be amongst the most desirable seats in the joint, so I figure I've got a few options that'll put me in Mezz Clubs at no charge:

    1. Buy Mezz Clubs now at the low, keep the Mezz A's until the team peaks again, sell at the high, use that money to cover the cost of the Mezz Club PSL's and much of the ticket price variance.

    2. Never sell the Mezz A's, just perpetually list them on StubHub, good team or bad, I'll make some money, perhaps enough to cover the $90 ticket variance on the Club seats when one considers I can sell the Mezz A's at the halflife of the stadium and make 2x what I paid.

    3. Do #2, only buy 2 Mezz Clubs, use the money from the Mezz A sale at the halflife to not only pay off all the Club expenses but attend a bunch of seasons for free as well.

    Those of us who chose wisely on Day 1 back in '09 can't get burned here. If parlayed properly, win big. Because of my surroundings, because of the Jets pricing, I'm insulated. Anyone who wants an elevated, non LL view and can't afford Club's will want my seats. A-la-carte or full-on license.

    SAR I

  8. #428
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    39,648
    Quote Originally Posted by Jets337 View Post

    I know it's a totally different market but just throwing out a comparison. The one thing this stadium lacks are affordable sideline seats.

    Me personally I like corner end zone it's where I sat in the old place too and I can see more formations and defenses they are using but a lot of people look at the end zone in any level of the stadium as shopping at K Mart. Everyone has their own views though on what perspective they want to watch the game from.
    While perception may be that the Jets didn't price things right because of unhappiness or some assorted whining, the reality may be something else entirely. We don't know how much the Jets needed to make from PSL's. No one said that they priced them at the specific levels they needed to achieve their financial plan. Quite possible that they made what they had to based on a 90% sellthru at the current prices. They don't look like a team that's panicking financially.

    We all should like our seats; after all, we were allowed to pick them ourselves, not like we're Giants fans here.

    SAR I

  9. #429
    Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Borgo's House
    Posts
    4,459
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    While perception may be that the Jets didn't price things right because of unhappiness or some assorted whining, the reality may be something else entirely. We don't know how much the Jets needed to make from PSL's. No one said that they priced them at the specific levels they needed to achieve their financial plan. Quite possible that they made what they had to based on a 90% sellthru at the current prices. They don't look like a team that's panicking financially.
    ???

    The fact that the Jets continuously dropped either ticket and/or PSL prices in practically every area of the stadium over the past 3 years is absolute proof that they, in fact, did not price things right.

    That doesn't mean that they are not making *enough* but it certainly means their estimates were disconnected from reality.

  10. #430
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    While perception may be that the Jets didn't price things right because of unhappiness or some assorted whining, the reality may be something else entirely. We don't know how much the Jets needed to make from PSL's. No one said that they priced them at the specific levels they needed to achieve their financial plan. Quite possible that they made what they had to based on a 90% sellthru at the current prices. They don't look like a team that's panicking financially.

    We all should like our seats; after all, we were allowed to pick them ourselves, not like we're Giants fans here.

    SAR I
    They don't but they have had to re-price the place several times.

    1. Goal line seats had a $10k PSL and was dropped to $6k and $7.5k
    2. Club corner seats were re-priced from $400 to $195 and I forget the other prices. Great Hall Club (Giants use those as a $160 gameday ticket price and $15 or $20k PSL) was dropped from $600 to $420.
    3. Eventually the Jets had to drop prices in the lower level end zones from $4k to $2.5k and lower sidelines from $15k to $10k.
    4. Last June about 45% of the upper deck had a price drop (unfortunately my seats weren't part of that).

    Not sure what the Jets financial situation is. Yes we were allowed to pick our seats but it also became a game of musical chairs for a lot of people. Just look at this board there are quite a few people who moved around several times. The original plan of seniority became useless because some people with a 1977 (I'm just using this as an example) seniority would have paid $2.5k for a PSL not $5k so when the price drop came the top seats in that price range were gone.

  11. #431
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    39,648
    Quote Originally Posted by Traitor Jay & the Woodies View Post
    ???

    The fact that the Jets continuously dropped either ticket and/or PSL prices in practically every area of the stadium over the past 3 years is absolute proof that they, in fact, did not price things right.

    That doesn't mean that they are not making *enough* but it certainly means their estimates were disconnected from reality.
    If they sold 80% of the seats in a given section 20% higher than necessary and then lowered the prices 20% on the 20% of the seats that remain, they win big.

    The vast majority of non-Club PSL's sold through very quickly. Those stragglers that remained were sold at a 'sale' price. No different than anything else in retail. Jeans hit the floor at Macy's at $50. The good sizes get picked through. Reduced again 25% off. Nothing left now but the bitter dregs. 50% off final sale. Macy's makes more than enough money at full price to afford the markdowns. It's all part of the lifecycle of the original buy.

    The Jets biggest problems are no surprise- an upper deck with no PSL's and Club seats that are too expensive without enough corporations interested in them.

    SAR I

  12. #432
    Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Borgo's House
    Posts
    4,459
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    If they sold 80% of the seats in a given section 20% higher than necessary and then lowered the prices 20% on the 20% of the seats that remain, they win big.

    The vast majority of non-Club PSL's sold through very quickly. Those stragglers that remained were sold at a 'sale' price. No different than anything else in retail. Jeans hit the floor at Macy's at $50. The good sizes get picked through. Reduced again 25% off. Nothing left now but the bitter dregs. 50% off final sale. Macy's makes more than enough money at full price to afford the markdowns. It's all part of the lifecycle of the original buy.

    The Jets biggest problems are no surprise- an upper deck with no PSL's and Club seats that are too expensive without enough corporations interested in them.

    SAR I
    But that's not what happened. The vast majority of non-club seats did not sell through quickly. It took almost 2 years and staggered price reductions to get the the corners, endzones and Mezz B to just "near" sell-out status. And when it was all said and done, those discounts were not just for 20 percent - it was for everyone.

    The Upper Deck never sold out and because of the one-and-doners, they were forced to drop prices in the non-prime (most UD) sections.

    And you conveniently leave out the Clubs, but the shortfall between projected and realized earnings there must be staggering. They have been an unmitigated disaster since the ill-fated auction.

    Lastly, the total realized revenue is only further dampened by the unforeseen costs of advertising and sales people they never expected to deploy past the stadiums opening.

    As I said, this doesn't mean that the Jets are in financial trouble. But it does mean they are not making nearly as much money as they thought they were going to make.

  13. #433
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    nyc
    Posts
    11,569
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    If they sold 80% of the seats in a given section 20% higher than necessary and then lowered the prices 20% on the 20% of the seats that remain, they win big.

    The vast majority of non-Club PSL's sold through very quickly. Those stragglers that remained were sold at a 'sale' price. No different than anything else in retail. Jeans hit the floor at Macy's at $50. The good sizes get picked through. Reduced again 25% off. Nothing left now but the bitter dregs. 50% off final sale. Macy's makes more than enough money at full price to afford the markdowns. It's all part of the lifecycle of the original buy.

    The Jets biggest problems are no surprise- an upper deck with no PSL's and Club seats that are too expensive without enough corporations interested in them.

    SAR I
    Your analogy only works re: PSLs if Macy's goes back and refunds the difference to everyone who bought at $50.

  14. #434
    To fully appreciate how far back a Mezz A corner is from field you need a shot from below. This shot right up sidelines, shows how far mezz is from side of field as well as how far behind end zone. The MEzz A corners really move away from field.


  15. #435


    Now lets look at SARs actual seats, Mezz A corner first row as seen from field. .

  16. #436
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    The Big Apple, USA
    Posts
    22,117
    Quote Originally Posted by Alkrotraz View Post


    Now lets look at SARs actual seats, Mezz A corner first row as seen from field. .
    wow, never realized just how far away those end zone Mezz seats are from the end zone they are supposedly just behind, not to mention the other endzone where you need the Mt Palomar telescope to see what is happening.

    Looks like you are watching a football game from the roof of a five story (or more) building. Do they issue parachutes or oxygen bottles for that long climb up?

    well Ladies and Germs, that's it for me for the day... off to the last few days in Vermont

    then on to the Cali desert for thawing out and some golf until mid-March
    Last edited by sg3; 03-01-2013 at 08:44 AM.

  17. #437
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Well, there's The Workaround and then there's Phase II.

    The Workaround: Getting green parking passes and selling one's yellow parking passes can net out to be a gain if planned right. Buy the green's in April, sell the yellows 24 hours before gameday's, you make money.

    Phase II: Mezz Clubs work for me except for the gameday ticket price. The PSL was nothing. Just didn't want to spend $400 per ticket per game which was the original price. The Jets dropped the price down to $200, so that helps. My Row 1 Mezz A corners will always be amongst the most desirable seats in the joint, so I figure I've got a few options that'll put me in Mezz Clubs at no charge:

    1. Buy Mezz Clubs now at the low, keep the Mezz A's until the team peaks again, sell at the high, use that money to cover the cost of the Mezz Club PSL's and much of the ticket price variance.

    2. Never sell the Mezz A's, just perpetually list them on StubHub, good team or bad, I'll make some money, perhaps enough to cover the $90 ticket variance on the Club seats when one considers I can sell the Mezz A's at the halflife of the stadium and make 2x what I paid.

    3. Do #2, only buy 2 Mezz Clubs, use the money from the Mezz A sale at the halflife to not only pay off all the Club expenses but attend a bunch of seasons for free as well.

    Those of us who chose wisely on Day 1 back in '09 can't get burned here. If parlayed properly, win big. Because of my surroundings, because of the Jets pricing, I'm insulated. Anyone who wants an elevated, non LL view and can't afford Club's will want my seats. A-la-carte or full-on license.

    SAR I
    Why can't you afford the $400/ gm ticket price for the Mezzanine clubs? Don't you know- that's a price increase that amounts to a mere extra 15 beers and hot dogs per game! Factor that over the course of the 30 year life of the stadium, and you figure during that time you could've wasted that on a dog, smoking cigarettes, eating fast food, owning race horses, having a yacht, going on vacations, etc. So why is the $400 price per ticket so prohibitive to a man of millions like yourself?

  18. #438
    All League
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    The Iron Throne
    Posts
    2,739
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetfan16 View Post
    Why can't you afford the $400/ gm ticket price for the Mezzanine clubs? Don't you know- that's a price increase that amounts to a mere extra 15 beers and hot dogs per game! Factor that over the course of the 30 year life of the stadium, and you figure during that time you could've wasted that on a dog, smoking cigarettes, eating fast food, owning race horses, having a yacht, going on vacations, etc. So why is the $400 price per ticket so prohibitive to a man of millions like yourself?
    I cannot speak for SAR, but the cost of Mezzanine Club seats was not the only reason we didn't consider them.

    1) The High PSL gives the Jets all the leverage in the relationship. If they raise ticket prices, you have to take a huge loss or take it in the poop shoot.

    2) The High Price Seats: I wouldn't want to pay $800 per seat for 2 pre-season games I didn't intend to attend;

    3) The Club: from what I saw, you cannot see the game from inside the club. Why would I want to go into the club to watch the game on TV? I can watch it on TV from my house.

    The Jets, IMHO, made a huge mistake in making all of sideline Mezz seats club seats. They could probably have collected a decent PSL and a decent ticket price from what I think are the best seats in the house.

  19. #439
    Quote Originally Posted by isired View Post
    It's not the old uppers, because it's lower, but it's further back than they were. And it's afurther view overall than the old mezz (though other things made those seats awkward, but the rain protection was probably worth it).

    Let's face it, anything past the 20 and you've got a good distance between you and the action.
    It's at least 25 feet higher than Mezz row 1 was at Giants Stadium (per my ex-rep) but it feels more like 35-40 feet higher. All that extra covered overhead room in the lower endzone (at least 20 feet or more to the ceiling than at Giants Stadium) pushes the new Mezz up significantly higher than it was before. In addition, it's at least 25+ feet further pushed back. (Overhang starts at a much higher row than it used to.) Mezz A at Met Life is nothing more than a glorified UD at Giants Stadium. That's why their resale value pales in comparison to LSL and why the PSL was correctly priced at only $4,000. This is just one fan's opinion. Many people really enjoy the view from well behind the back of the endzone. That's fine for them and worth the money. Not for me. Not after sitting in Giants Stadium corners/endzone for more than 2 decades. Blechhhh. In fact, coaches view a lot of film from that angle. But the pretense that it is akin to a "sidelines" view? Really? Sidelines view by definition begins and ends between the goal lines. Come on now.

  20. #440
    Quote Originally Posted by Digetydog View Post
    I cannot speak for SAR, but the cost of Mezzanine Club seats was not the only reason we didn't consider them.

    1) The High PSL gives the Jets all the leverage in the relationship. If they raise ticket prices, you have to take a huge loss or take it in the poop shoot.

    2) The High Price Seats: I wouldn't want to pay $800 per seat for 2 pre-season games I didn't intend to attend;

    3) The Club: from what I saw, you cannot see the game from inside the club. Why would I want to go into the club to watch the game on TV? I can watch it on TV from my house.

    The Jets, IMHO, made a huge mistake in making all of sideline Mezz seats club seats. They could probably have collected a decent PSL and a decent ticket price from what I think are the best seats in the house.
    Yep - game day ticket did it for me....originally $400 and lowered to $200 so you know they will be raising that ticket big time as soon as the team is good again.....plus while the club is nice - how can you not see the field from it? Makes it a business meeting center....awful for watching the game.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us