Page 30 of 35 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 ... LastLast
Results 581 to 600 of 699

Thread: No Ticket Renewals yet?

  1. #581
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    North Jersey
    Posts
    3,275
    go here to see good videos on Tailgating in the NFL... (I am in the Jets one)

    www.tailgate32.com

    There a def some loons out there, but all having a great time....

  2. #582
    Quote Originally Posted by FlagmanL11 View Post
    The pussification of America lives on....
    flagmanl11 maybe when you or an elderly member or member of your tailgate is the victim of an errant football and bodily injury occurs you will understand.

    i had a pot of boiling lobsters on a propane burner hit with a football knocked over and the water scalded the legs of a guy sitting next to us. the person who threw it was at least 40 yards from the guy who was supposed to catch it. they did apologize but didnt really mean it.

    pussification of America begins with those who arent accountable for their actions.

  3. #583
    Quote Originally Posted by FlagmanL11 View Post
    90% tailgate, did a poll here last year and I think it was even actually higher than that.
    Discussion forums are not an indication of reality. Your poll accurately summarize the Jets Insider population, nothing more.

    SAR I

  4. #584
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Mendham, NJ
    Posts
    13,024
    Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    flagmanl11 maybe when you or an elderly member or member of your tailgate is the victim of an errant football and bodily injury occurs you will understand.

    i had a pot of boiling lobsters on a propane burner hit with a football knocked over and the water scalded the legs of a guy sitting next to us. the person who threw it was at least 40 yards from the guy who was supposed to catch it. they did apologize but didnt really mean it.

    pussification of America begins with those who arent accountable for their actions.
    I think it started with boiling lobsters at a tailgate....nice story though.

  5. #585
    Quote Originally Posted by FlagmanL11 View Post
    The pussification of America lives on....
    I've just decided that throwing steel lawn darts over large tailgate presentations is a fun way to kill time in the lots since I have no choice but to get there 2 hours early just to be able to park.

    You're good with that, yes?

    SAR I

  6. #586
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    North Jersey
    Posts
    3,275
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Discussion forums are not an indication of reality. Your poll accurately summarize the Jets Insider population, nothing more.

    SAR I
    As a early arriver at 8AM I see the dynamics of the lot and in my estimation 80% are there before 11AM.

    There are approx 27K parking spaces... should be plenty for the red carpet arrivers to find one just before game time.

  7. #587
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    I think it started with boiling lobsters at a tailgate....nice story though.
    no,thats called tailgating. sorry im not into spam or hash.

    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    I've just decided that throwing steel lawn darts over large tailgate presentations is a fun way to kill time in the lots since I have no choice but to get there 2 hours early just to be able to park.

    You're good with that, yes?

    SAR I
    count me in sar i i want to join in on the action.

  8. #588
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    North Jersey
    Posts
    3,275
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    I've just decided that throwing steel lawn darts over large tailgate presentations is a fun way to kill time in the lots since I have no choice but to get there 2 hours early just to be able to park.

    You're good with that, yes?

    SAR I
    Sure, if that is what you enjoy doing, just becareful of your 3 series, would not want that gem to get damaged...

    BTW: one of the dumber things you have typed...

  9. #589
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    North Jersey
    Posts
    3,275
    Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    no,thats called tailgating. sorry im not into spam or hash.



    count me in sar i i want to join in on the action.
    feel free to swing by anytime, I will convert you back into a real football fan and show you the way to enjoy the day!

  10. #590
    Quote Originally Posted by FlagmanL11 View Post
    feel free to swing by anytime, I will convert you back into a real football fan and show you the way to enjoy the day!
    flagmanl11 i would actually show up to your tailgate you seem like a nice guy whos not into personal attacks to appease others. thanks

  11. #591
    Quote Originally Posted by FlagmanL11 View Post
    Sure, if that is what you enjoy doing, just becareful of your 3 series, would not want that gem to get damaged...

    BTW: one of the dumber things you have typed...
    Cool.

    I'm going to get 5 of my friends and 3 sets of lawn darts and set up on either side of your tailgate bonanza and have a fun game for 2 hours as we wait for kickoff.

    And no worries- we'll be completely sober and your flags will help us gauge the wind.

    SAR I

  12. #592
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Mendham, NJ
    Posts
    13,024
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Cool.

    I'm going to get 5 of my friends and 3 sets of lawn darts and set up on either side of your tailgate bonanza and have a fun game for 2 hours as we wait for kickoff.

    And no worries- we'll be completely sober and your flags will help us gauge the wind.

    SAR I
    LOL...do they still sell lawn darts?? I thought they were banned or something.

  13. #593
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Un-Pleasantville
    Posts
    6,515
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    I think it started with boiling lobsters at a tailgate....nice story though.
    I agree, broiling or steaming is the thing to do for properly cooked lobsters...boiling just leaches out all the flavor

  14. #594
    Why would anyone want to upgrade their PSL seats? It does not make one bit of sense to me at this point in time.

  15. #595
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    52,055
    Quote Originally Posted by FlagmanL11 View Post
    Sure, if that is what you enjoy doing, just becareful of your 3 series, would not want that gem to get damaged...


    No problem, it's only a leased vehicle.

  16. #596
    Quote Originally Posted by Jungle Shift Jet View Post
    I agree, broiling or steaming is the thing to do for properly cooked lobsters...boiling just leaches out all the flavor
    the boiling water was steaming them in the steamer pot also used for clams.
    the point is errant footballs shouldnt be tossed around by weekend parking lot drunken or sober warriors. act accordingly this is confined space due to the fact the amount of people jammed into a section.

  17. #597
    Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    flagmanl11 maybe when you or an elderly member or member of your tailgate is the victim of an errant football and bodily injury occurs you will understand.

    i had a pot of boiling lobsters on a propane burner hit with a football knocked over and the water scalded the legs of a guy sitting next to us. the person who threw it was at least 40 yards from the guy who was supposed to catch it. they did apologize but didnt really mean it.

    pussification of America begins with those who arent accountable for their actions.
    Lobster?

    So it was a Giants game?

  18. #598
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    What you're not understanding is that most people are there to see the football game only, have zero interest in a parking lot festival. You perceive that 'everyone' is there to tailgate because that's who you hang out with. Count the cars not involved in any parking lot buffoonery and it'll tally up to 75% or more.

    Your opera analogy only applies during the game itself. If adults curse in front of my kids inside the seating bowl, well, it's a football game, that's how some react to the action. But nowhere does it say that in the theater parking lots there is a pre-opera free-for-all. The normal rules that govern society apply.

    SAR I
    LOL.

    Couldn't be farther from the truth on this one, SAR.

    Football is the one sport where 75% of the cars ARE par taking in tailgating for hours on end.

  19. #599
    Quote Originally Posted by FlagmanL11 View Post
    feel free to swing by anytime, I will convert you back into a real football fan and show you the way to enjoy the day!
    Hide the footballs.

    Heaven forbid.

    Although I do think it's stupid to be throwing a football around once it comes to be 10, 1030am when the lots are mainly full, except of course for the green lots, those who sit on their hands and do nothing to help the home team experience.

  20. #600
    Quote Originally Posted by FlagmanL11 View Post
    go here to see good videos on Tailgating in the NFL... (I am in the Jets one)

    www.tailgate32.com

    There a def some loons out there, but all having a great time....
    Yeah, we have a group at L7 and we saw them pull in and head towards you guys. Watched the videos of all 32 tailgates. Very cool.

    Nice guys it looks like.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us