Page 31 of 35 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 ... LastLast

Thread: No Ticket Renewals yet?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    LOL...do they still sell lawn darts?? I thought they were banned or something.

Great news!

I reached out to 10 more friends and they all are totally into a lawn dart competition up and over Flagman's joint.

Oh, and get this: They want beer! And greasy finger-food! We're going to fit right in.

SAR I

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    A few points:

- There is almost nothing in the world better than a tailgate with some good friends before watching live football. I'm probably a 1%'er when it comes to the number of beers drank in that lot the last 16 or 17 years. Granted, last few it's a few beers per game. But 10 years ago it was...Jesus...a whole lot. It's hard to imagine many things more fun than a good tailgate then a game....maybe some time with both Uptons at once? (apologies for the blue reference)

- That said, I do wish they would enforce the one spot per car rule. Or, if not, at least stop ****ing talking about it. What a joke.

- Going to nerf would help a little, but no one would enforce that. Also, my problem with thrown balls are kids running in front of cars. I hate driving in late and having kids running in front of my car. It's just dangerous. Also, nerf can knock over a grill or land in one and splatter the coals, etc.

- I would like a good tailgate-free lot option. I'd probably use it once or twice per year as I still like going and having a 2 hour tailgate these days. But it would be nice to have a good option for rolling in 30 minutes before kickoff without having to worry about running someone over, getting stared down looking for a spot, etc.

- My cousin went to school with the Tailgate 32 dudes. Supposedly good guys. I've seen some of their vids, and will go watch the Jets one now.

- Is it worth getting the Green Pass? I got that email, too. $100 on top of $3k for the seats is really nothing, so if it gives additional value I'd like to grab it.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    As if that post wasn't long enough, if the tailgate free lots are always empty, that might mean it's just sized incorrectly. Maybe they need to experiment with some options.

Again, I fookin' love tailgating. But I can definitely see the benefit of options, especially at the crazy prices we're paying.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FlagmanL11 View Post
    The pussification of America lives on....
    Elaborate?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post

Great news!

I reached out to 10 more friends and they all are totally into a lawn dart competition up and over Flagman's joint.

Oh, and get this: They want beer! And greasy finger-food! We're going to fit right in.

SAR I
    count me in i will bring the boom box speakers with the molly hatchett and judas priest cds...........breakin the law breakin the law!!!!!!!

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by cringed
    Is it worth getting the Green Pass? I got that email, too. $100 on top of $3k for the seats is really nothing, so if it gives additional value I'd like to grab it.
    I think so. The tailgating/football tossing is there, but not to the same degree, with far fewer people taking up multiple spots. And having your own lane makes the 'timed entry' for kickoff possible. Twice last year I left a Manhattan soccer field at noon and was seated with snacks by kickoff. Once the kids even stopped to get their faces painted.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    count me in i will bring the boom box speakers with the molly hatchett and judas priest cds...........breakin the law breakin the law!!!!!!!
    How are you not banned?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetfan16 View Post
    How are you not banned?
    for what? im not breaking any terms of service rules.

dont hi-jack the thread its getting good. thanks

are you a molly hatchett fan?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    for what? im not breaking any terms of service rules.

dont hi-jack the thread its getting good. thanks
    For what you said to sg3 this afternoon?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    For what you said to sg3 this afternoon?
    after he called me all the names and personally attacked me the 75 times prior. what i said was much well deserved..

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    after he called me all the names and personally attacked me the 75 times prior.
    Yeah, but you did cross the line a little bit, regardless of what he probably said to you along the way, I was surprised they didn't ban you!

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, but you did cross the line a little bit, regardless of what he probably said to you along the way, I was surprised they didn't ban you!
    go to hell and drop dead is a bad thing?

he called me an idiot numerous times then he called me a village idiot and the rest i forget.

hes not well im ignoring him from today forward.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    go to hell and drop dead is a bad thing?

he called me an idiot numerous times then he called me a village idiot and the rest i forget.

hes not well im ignoring him from today forward.
    Well, that is a pretty low thing to say regardless, and definitely not an appropriate response to being called a village idiot (especially when you are!!!)

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    do you sing out loud at the opera? try it and let me know how it works out for you.

just because you are at a football game doesnt mean you should throw a football around the parking lot. people can get hurt,cars can get damaged and grills can get knocked over.

when you go to a ufc or a boxing match do you also fist fight in the parking lot prior to the game.

tailgating is part of the game day experience acting like a complete jackass and ruining someone elses day isnt whats its about.
    Lets be clear.. Big difference between tossing a ball 10yards with a buddy and those that think they are actually playing a live game and running actual patterns. The guys who run 40rd post patterns are the dn

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FlagmanL11 View Post
    The pussification of America lives on....
    yeah a 70 year old guy who gets nailed in the head with a hard football from 50 yds away while minding his own business is pussification...

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BrowningNagle View Post
    yeah a 70 year old guy who gets nailed in the head with a hard football from 50 yds away while minding his own business is pussification...
    the problem is browningnagle is all this is acceptable its a football game anything goes. they get there early they earned the right to do this. they got there early they can take 3 spaces to tailgate. its all ok in some peoples eyes.

id like to see people arrested and handcuffed in 50 passenger school busses and paraded around the parking lot for all to see. then handcuff them to the fence at the ticket gates for all to see.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BrowningNagle View Post
    Wait, someone hit a man in the head from 50 yards out? No one on the current roster can do that. Sign that beast!

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Cornfed View Post
    Wait, someone hit a man in the head from 50 yards out? No one on the current roster can do that. Sign that beast!
    Had to be Kerley.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    For me there's a big difference between tailgating and throwing the football. When I was a kid there would be some areas that were open enough to throw a football. There's not as much of that now which poses a problem.

I have no problem with tailgating I am there at 8 am to tailgate. I setup on an island area so we are not set up in any parking spots. Most people are there by 10 am or so. I park in lot K which has a bit more room. The big problem isn't only people taking up spots but who little room there is down the rows of parking spots. If people set up in the rows like the Jets want there is no room for cars to fit through. Most other stadiums are a bit more tailgate set up friendly.

As far as footballs I think they should be banned. They technically are. A couple years ago we had a problem with some idiots hitting our tailgate party with footballs. My dad spoke to the yellow jacket who was useless. Instead my dad told him we were taking the football away next time it hit us. He said fine we are allowed to do that if it hits our tailgate. Reason being they are banned so if it lands in our party we can take it.

We didn't take it that day but a year or so later we got hit twice and put the ball in my truck and told them to come back in a couple hours to get their ball. I don't go that far these days instead I just curse up a storm to make everyone feel akward and want to move away.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jets337 View Post
    For me there's a big difference between tailgating and throwing the football. When I was a kid there would be some areas that were open enough to throw a football. There's not as much of that now which poses a problem.
    Good point. It does seem that in the new stadium configuration lends itself to more cars crammed into less space (train station and half empty prime lots). I think more people tailgate now than ever before, so you have more people in that truncated area.

Then you have strange space taking games like corn hole tossing which spread like a pandemic over the past few years.